Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

FARM Chicken Coop & Run Plans
+ Reply to Thread

Chicken Coop & Run Plans

We are getting set to move to a new property and I'm wanting to construct a chicken coop and run to house 8-12 hens. I would love to get my hands on some free or nearly free plans for the construction. I've been looking around the interwebs and the plans that I've been seeing are a bit too spendy for my tastes. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    "...Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil." - Ephesians 5:14-17

34 DIY Chicken Coop Plans that are Easy to Build (100% Free)

https://morningchores.com/chicken-coop-plans/

Build your own chicken coop with these 34 of the most detailed free chicken coop ... This chicken coop can be attached to a run, although the plan for the run

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

DIV Chicken Coop & Run Plans

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=D...Aa7M8gfgvKGwDg

For certain you would be well served to register and spend a week at

www.backyardchickens.com

We have daytime free range pets
    This is what we have a Cataba NC style

http://catawbacoops.com

It's simple 2 story frame.
    Nesting boxes built into top floor
    scratch and play on bottom ( there is a trap door stair case )
    With Some coop wire on bottom
    Good for summer or winter here
    It has sliding removable panels on all four sides to clean or corral or release or contain the chickens

In winter we close all panels to
    Keep them warm and in severe cold weather bank a layer of pine straw on the north cold side

It's lightweight built in grab handles so it can easily be drug to different corners of the yard
    Attached Images
    Last edited by NC Susan; 04-21-2017 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Remove the Spell checker edits grrrrrr

Double Tap

Make a chicken tractor.
    The Social Security number is a bigger threat to Liberty than Communism or ISIS.
    Isn't it strange that we don't require our policemen to attend law school?

Quote Originally Posted by BenIan View Post
    We are getting set to move to a new property and I'm wanting to construct a chicken coop and run to house 8-12 hens. I would love to get my hands on some free or nearly free plans for the construction. I've been looking around the interwebs and the plans that I've been seeing are a bit too spendy for my tastes. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Can't go wrong w/ pallets & used roof tin.....the pallets are typically 40"x48"....so this project made a 4 foot x 12 foot coop. Another thing about pallets......use a sawzall w/ a metal blade to separate out wood.....you'll save yourself a lotta headache.

Hey, they're chickens.....they don't care what their coop looks like.....all those fancy coops you see are designed to separate a sucker from his money !!

http://the-wilson-world.blogspot.com...-part-one.html

http://the-wilson-world.blogspot.com...-part-two.html
    Last edited by Ku Commando; 04-21-2017 at 08:32 AM.

a small storage shed, or even a section of a storage shed will do,

when I built our new chicken house, I put in a used window I had that had three panes of glass, and in that opening I framed it so I could put in a "double door", so if the chickens ever went away it was storage shed ready, the shed has a concreted floor, and I have a feed room in the front of it, about a forth of it, I think it is about 12 x 16 if I remember correct. we started out with a old building we moved from my old father in laws farm, then we built the new one, and then added in between them so the chicken house is about, 12 wide and nearly 40 foot long now.

I did buy nesting box but one could use 5 gallon buckets on there side bolted together, or as in our old building is a set of wood bins for nesting box,

make it tall enough to walk in and so one can clean it out with out being on one knees or bending over,
    Last edited by Handyman; 04-23-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Tour de Coop going on next Saturday in McKinney Texas.Have gone for several years,a lot of fun.They give away a chicken coop every year.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

Be sure to bury the run fence about 3 ft down so fox and weasels cannot dig under it, or simply fold the fencing into a floor..........

W2
    NO MORE INFRINGEMENT.
    NO MORE COMPROMISE.
    NOT ONE MORE INCH.