Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WAR N. Korea threatens to ‘reduce US to ashes’ with ‘super-mighty pre-emptive strike’
+ Reply to Thread

N. Korea threatens to ‘reduce US to ashes’ with ‘super-mighty pre-emptive strike’

North Korean state media has warned Washington of a “super-mighty pre-emptive strike” which would “reduce the US to ashes.” It comes after US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Washington is looking to pressure Pyongyang over its nuclear program.

“In the case of our super-mighty preemptive strike being launched, it will completely and immediately wipe out not only US imperialists’ invasion forces in South Korea and its surrounding areas, but the US mainland and reduce them to ashes,” Rodong Sinmun, the official newspaper of the North’s ruling Workers’ Party, wrote on Thursday, as quoted by Reuters.

It comes just one day after Tillerson, as part of President Donald Trump’s hardline stance against North Korea, said the US is exploring ways to put pressure on Pyongyang.
    Read more
    U.S. Marines arrive for the sixth annual Marines' deployment at Darwin in northern Australia, April 18, 2017. © Tom Westbrook ‘Ready to fight & win’: US marines deployed to Australia amid N. Korean ‘nuclear threat’

“We’re reviewing all the status of North Korea, both in terms of state sponsorship of terrorism as well as the other ways in which we can bring pressure on the regime in Pyongyang to re-engage with us, but re-engage with us on a different footing than past talks have been held,” he told reporters on Wednesday.

Tillerson wasn’t the only Trump-appointed US official making remarks about North Korea on Wednesday.

Speaking from the ‘USS Ronald Reagan’ in Japan, Vice President Mike Pence vowed an “overwhelming and effective” response to any potential attacks from Pyongyang, stressing that the “sword stands ready.”

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis simultaneously denounced Pyongyang’s latest missile launch attempt during his Middle East tour, telling reporters in Saudi Arabia that “the leader of North Korea again recklessly tried to provoke something by launching a missile."

Meanwhile, South Korea’s acting president, Hwang Kyo-ahn, called for his country’s military and security ministries to remain vigilant on Thursday.

READ MORE: US actions can see nuclear war ‘break out at any point’ – N. Korean UN envoy

South Korea’s Defense Ministry also confirmed on Thursday that the US and South Korean Air Forces are conducting an annual training exercise – codenamed Max Thunder – until April 28.

“We are conducting a practical and more intensive exercise than ever,” South Korean pilot Colonel Lee Bum-chul told reporters. “Through this exercise, I am sure we can deter war and remove our enemy's intention to provoke us.”

The Thursday threat by North Korean state media come after Pyongyang performed a music show to mark the birth of former leader Kim Il-sung, which included a video that appeared to show North Korea striking the US with a devastating missile launch.

North Korea tried and failed to launch a ballistic missile last Saturday, with the weapon reportedly blowing up almost immediately after launch.

https://www.rt.com/news/385418-north...mptive-strike/
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Well, that will save us all a lot of money on cremation.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

OMGosh! SuperMightyPreemtive, they're talking SMP! OMG!

Supercalifredahlisticexbeealahdoscious! I recall that sort of immense threat matrix from my Disney youth in the 60's. Just a minute... Let me find my galvanized metal trash can lid and wooden sword; they're somewhere around here.

I get sick of the bs.
    Fly Southwest Airlines to one of the most beautiful cities during Summer - Seattle - "The Emerald City". Seattle has the best Summers.

https://southwest.com http://www.visitseattle.org/

I think the little toad's end is drawing near, whether it's by our hand or an internal coupe. Either way he'll be dead and the world will be a slightly better place.

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulSkeptic View Post
    I think the little toad's end is drawing near, whether it's by our hand or an internal coupe. Either way he'll be dead and the world will be a slightly better place.
    The assessment most likely to pan out, imho.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

Wul we ain't skairt.

Think I have been in Oklahoma way too long....
    Every Time History Repeats Itself The Price Goes Up.

Preferable, although let's not underestimate the blatant stupidity of people from all nationalities in charge. This could well be one huge trap, baited with promises, laced with poison. ex. chemical , biological, and yes nuclear weapons. The mere numbers of troops, that can be deployed makes me pucker. Next, consider the high possibility that our national security has been made far from secure. Do not skip combatives, it may make you sore as hell, but at least you will have covered all bases.
    Dont tread on me!!!!!!!!!!!

I always thought of NK as some sort of dreary and sleepy frozen outpost, but Pyongyang has 3 million people, and images of the city are quite striking. Some intense architecture, and the place looks as clean as Tokyo. The people there appear healthy, not starved.

Sophisticated. Makes me think they are not too far off in capability from carrying out their threats.

There was a whole video series on YouTube from CollegeHumor called "The Adventures of Kim Jong Un". Like he was some kind of magical action hero. I think he's taking those seriously.

Howdy, Folks!

China needs to discipline, crate, and paper train its cur; it yaps and bites at everyone for no good reason, and it's not housebroken.

Peace and Love,

Donald Shimoda

"Super-Mighty Pre-Emptive Strike" kind of reminds me of "Double Secret Probation"

It is sunny here in Arizona :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevmoley View Post
    "Super-Mighty Pre-Emptive Strike" kind of reminds me of "Double Secret Probation"

And people wonder why crazy wild eye pistol wavers are generally shot by the police...And this one has missiles and nukes...the extrapolated likely outcome is more likely the reverse of Kim's bombastic outbursts...

How terrifying...

Coupé

A coupé (/coo-pay/, or US coupe, /coop/) (from the French past participle coupé, of the infinitive couper, to cut) is a car with the body style two doors and fixed roof,[1] that is shorter than a sedan or saloon (British and Irish English) of the same model,[2] It may or may not have back seating for two persons, which may or may not be tight-spaced.[3] The precise definition of the term varies between manufacturers and over time.[4] The term was first applied to 19th-century carriages, where the rear-facing seats had been eliminated, or cut out.[4]
    Vs.

Coup d'état

A coup d'état (/ˌkuː deɪˈtɑː/ About this sound listen ; French: [ku.de.ta]), also known simply as a coup (/kuː/), a putsch (/pʊtʃ/), or an overthrow, is the illegal and overt seizure of a state by the military or other elites within the state apparatus.[1]
    You're welcome.

This is the first I've heard of a "North Korea". I take it that's right above the Southern part?

I think that Un and the NorKs forget that the USA probably has more than one Boomer in the area undetected under the sea with lots of nukes (H-bombs, not A-bombs) loaded and aimed at him. IMO, if he makes one false move, like bombing Seoul, the entire country of NK will become a glassed-over parking lot.

He's an idiot and crazy too. Bad combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    There was a whole video series on YouTube from CollegeHumor called "The Adventures of Kim Jong Un". Like he was some kind of magical action hero. I think he's taking those seriously.

Here is a link to the 14 video series on YouTube

Pretty funny stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f37K0...E_aSZgfJLsy4fx

Provocation after provocation for 60 years. A war that killed over 54,000 American soldiers. Constant attacks across the border. The seizing of American navel ships. Torpedoing of south Korean navel boats. Attacking American service men with axes and shovels. History is replete with hostile and aggressive acts by these people.
    What the hell makes anyone think this will be any different?

We will flex, they will flex. They will stop. We will announce success and ...........

hahah My dog is carrying around a bigger load than all of NORK !
    The most important days in a persons life are the day they were born and the day they find out why!

Quote Originally Posted by Warm Wisconsin View Post
    Here is a link to the 14 video series on YouTube

Pretty funny stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f37K0...E_aSZgfJLsy4fx

Good idea posting the link; I didn't think to do that. Glad you found it funny, too; it's sound stuff.

Somebody needs to remind fat boy about our extra super mighty retaliatory capability. "Preemptive" is pointless, if you can't stop your adversary from obliterating you in return. So, go ahead and whack that hornets nest. The world needs another parking lot.
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

What a bunch of ignorant bastards.

It appears he is committing the equivalent of "Suicide by cop" that so many do.

So be it.

Adios, MF

Southside

Dude needs to realize the Home Front video game series is fiction....
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

I say bring it. worst case he hits something on the west coast or further out in the pacific and life goes on. In return we lay waste to his tiny little kingdom and it's problem solved once and for all. It's his play to make. (I'm fairly sure we could intercept anything he sends unless he can somehow sneak a nuke onto our soil to deploy anyway).

I don't expect it to happen however since if you are going to actually do something you don't threaten to do it, you just do it. raw aggression and surprise is often a winning strategy in a fight. telegraphing your moves never helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthanoir View Post
    Dude needs to realize the Home Front video game series is fiction....
    And ludicrous fiction at that.

http://tan.equityarcade.com/media/ex...-is-homefront/

With the arrival of Homefront: The Revolution set to hit in just a couple weeks, it was a good time to take a look at the game that started it all, and the game that continued it. The game series itself presents some notions that sound pretty unlikely, but are they really that outlandish? That’s going to require some closer investigation, so settle in, and let’s have a look at what goes into Homefront and Homefront: The Revolution to see if these games are plausible…or too crazy to exist.

Homefront and Homefront: The Revolution start with a premise that’s outlandish from the get-go. A somehow unified Korea—bringing together North and South Korea—develops a nuclear arsenal and decides to invade the United States. Once it does so, it quickly wins and stages an occupation that creates the New Korean Federation of Occupied America, also known as the New Democratic People’s Republic of America. It operates from the Mississippi River westward, and the citizenry are evacuated into detainment camps or executed outright. The remainder of the United States is considered the Independent United States, with U.S military elements setting up forward bases near the river to prepare for a counterattack. Reports suggest that the earliest attack not only irradiated the Mississippi River but also mostly took out the United States military.

The immediate sequel, Homefront: The Revolution, takes us four years into the game’s future, and the Koreans have somehow managed to take Philadelphia. While your character is nearly arrested for not joining the Korean military—a point that makes virtually no sense in light of the fact that Korean holdings in the Independent United States appear limited to Philadelphia only—escaping Korean captors launches the rest of the game.

The Koreans’ capabilities appear to be downright impressive; newspaper headlines said to be in the second installment note several points, including the Japanese surrender to the Korean occupation and word of a successful Korean peacekeeping mission in Nigeria. There’s also word about the “Great Arab War,” which may well feature Korea as well. This may be immediately the biggest implausibility about the game, the sheer extensiveness of the Korean campaign, which seems to be covering large portions of the planet.

South Korea‘s population is, based on World Bank statistics as of 2013, 50.22 million people. North Korea, by the same standard, is about 24.9 million people, though its most recent census comes from 2008. Assuming the population holds steady through the time of the game’s release, that makes a combined total of just over 75 million people. The United States, by comparison, holds about 323 million people. Even leaving aside the staggering implausibility that represents a united Korea in the first place—Korea hasn’t actually been one country since 1910 under the Joseon Dynasty—the wild disparity in the populations of this unified Korea and the rest of the world is breathtaking in its scope.

Even assuming that, somehow, the newly-unified Korea would send every man, woman, and child in its country to invasion fronts, it would be massively outnumbered from the second it walked into the room. This is a point that may work to its advantage, however, as if it launched a nuclear first strike against the major cities of the Earth—a point that would require a substantial amount of nuclear weapons to carry out—and then emptied out the country to launch its invasion, the inevitable nuclear counterattack would be firing into an empty country. This immediately creates another problem, though, about just how this unaccountably-unified Korea is planning to move 75 million people, and the necessary supplies—food, bullets, tents, socks and so on—to engage in an attack in the first place.

There’s one point that may help here, however, and that’s a concept that dates as far back as Rudyard Kipling and beyond. Kipling, in his poem appropriately titled “Loot,” noted “Ow the loot! Bloomin’ loot! That’s the thing to make the boys git up an’ shoot!” Why bother carrying much more than guns and ammunition, some would note here, when the United States—the biggest marketplace on Earth—would hold every king’s ransom in goods to seize? From there, it could readily stage an expansion outward, supplied by every Walmart, Target, K-Mart and other warehouses in the area.

Despite this advantage, we can reach a conclusion that the events of Homefront and its sequel are wildly implausible. It assumes a chain of events that is by most measures ludicrous to countenance: a unified Korea—that must somehow overcome the fact that its northern part is ruled by a delusional, belligerent sociopath that’s been openly antagonistic to its southern counterpart for decades—that becomes a nuclear power and uses that nuclear power to target much of the rest of the planet, then invades the United States, a nation that may have the most heavily-armed civilian populace on Earth, and succeeds despite being immediately outnumbered by a minimum of nearly four to one. It then branches off into worldwide efforts, and somehow can’t be immediately stopped.

It has no clear force multipliers—it hasn’t developed powered armor or other superweapons by the look of it—and is working with technology that isn’t much more advanced than currently seen. It can take advantage of some basic strategies to gain advantage but it’s fighting an uphill battle from the first launch, one that requires so many things to go so ludicrously right for the Korean forces that it smacks of divine intervention. Without such a measure in hand to declare a unified Korea the new master of Earth, Homefront‘s plausibility is too low to even consider a possibility.

I love the translations...

Happy Lucky Restaurant
    Super Mighty Pre-Emptive Strike...

Same issue.. meaning is lost in translation. Before we all get so high on that horse we are riding I will leave this here.

A NORK attack on CONUS is NOT a zero probability event. I would give it better odds than that. All they need is one EMP to do some very significant damage to our infastructure.

That said- those super hero videos are hilarious!
    Godspeed all.
    SnowSquaw

I Believe in The Post-Tribulation Eschatological View; that the Church will Go Through the Tribulation and the "RAPTURE" of The Church will happen at the End of the Tribulation... .Kato Mivule

Quote Originally Posted by Bensam View Post
    What a bunch of ignorant bastards.
    succinct ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    I always thought of NK as some sort of dreary and sleepy frozen outpost, but Pyongyang has 3 million people, and images of the city are quite striking. Some intense architecture, and the place looks as clean as Tokyo. The people there appear healthy, not starved.

Sophisticated. Makes me think they are not too far off in capability from carrying out their threats.
    Remember: most of the people you see in the photos are permitted to stay in the capital because they are good tourist eye candy. I've read from various accounts that the handlers always take the visitors only to certain areas of the city. The few who do manage to evade the ever present babysitter report that outside the city the true face of NK begins to emerge.

I feel with all of my heart for the people of the hermit kingdom and earnestly pray for their freedom every day.
    "Why not stay awake now? Who wants to sleep now with so much happening, so much to see? Life used to be dull you see...and you don't have to sleep alone, you don't even have to sleep at all; and so, all you have to do is show the stick to the dog now and then and say, 'Thank God for nothing.'"

Drusilla, "The UNVANQUISHED. William Faulkner

OK Dennis, do your thing!
    The navel is waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vtshooter View Post
    Somebody needs to remind fat boy about our extra super mighty retaliatory capability. "Preemptive" is pointless, if you can't stop your adversary from obliterating you in return. So, go ahead and whack that hornets nest. The world needs another parking lot.
    ^^^This
    A 1965 To The Present Dime Is Worth $.10 Today.
    A 1964 To The Present Dollar Bill Is Worth $1.00 Today.
    A 1964 Or Earlier Silver Dime Is Worth Over $1.25 Today.

A lie told often enough becomes the truth - Lenin

Quote Originally Posted by SNOWSQUAW View Post
    I love the translations...

Happy Lucky Restaurant
    Super Mighty Pre-Emptive Strike...

Same issue.. meaning is lost in translation. Before we all get so high on that horse we are riding I will leave this here.

A NORK attack on CONUS is NOT a zero probability event. I would give it better odds than that. All they need is one EMP to do some very significant damage to our infastructure.

That said- those super hero videos are hilarious!
    Godspeed all.

Oh Christ, here we go.....

If the North Koreans really wanted to aggravate the West, what they should keep repeating is 'We're one of the last countries in the world that doesn't have a Rothschild-controlled central bank."

Also, someone should tell their spokesman that it's not cool to say their nukes will reduce us to "ashes." What's cool is to say that their nukes will turn US cities into "glass."

Quote Originally Posted by minkykat View Post
    Remember: most of the people you see in the photos are permitted to stay in the capital because they are good tourist eye candy. I've read from various accounts that the handlers always take the visitors only to certain areas of the city. The few who do manage to evade the ever present babysitter report that outside the city the true face of NK begins to emerge.

I feel with all of my heart for the people of the hermit kingdom and earnestly pray for their freedom every day.
    Yeah. I read one account of a tour. Potempkin villages presentation aside, the display is on a large scale. Did all the money come from China? The thing is, it still has to *work.* THEY have to make it work. I started wondering about after seeing the enormous military parades they staged. Everything is so clean and kept up. Then, I saw a photo of Kim in a mushroom factory. I would have expected rusted shelving, cracked containers, and dirty walls. The white wall in the background was spotless, the shelving and containers new, the mushrooms looked healthy. Just curious. I know that is all they show us, but still. The town and general area where I live is an absolute shit hole. Most of the US seems to be abandoned buildings, pot holes in the street, and tall weeds growing in the cracks of our pavement, and residential neighbourhoods with front yards littered with junk. The Norks may get hungry, but the US population seems to be tipping over into obese sluggish welfare queens.

I have to wonder about the Hermit Kingdom vs. The Greatest Country on Earth.
    Jus' sayin.'

North Korea tried and failed to launch a ballistic missile last Saturday, with the weapon reportedly blowing up almost immediately after launch.

NK's missile success mirrors poor little Kim's sex life....
    Failure after failure....

Texican....

Watching this video of Korean power, I got the feeling this would be a real good live fire exercise for our military. Better than Iraq since lil Kim also has a kind-of navy. And look at how many tin can subs he has!

Of course, China would never let America enter NorK. If war breaks out, China will grab that land to prevent a unification of Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWXyS7rHBQ

Someone should tell Kim that it is not real scary until he says it is an extra powerful super-duper pooper scooper mighty double dirty dog attack.

Quote Originally Posted by LightEcho View Post
    Watching this video of Korean power, I got the feeling this would be a real good live fire exercise for our military. Better than Iraq since lil Kim also has a kind-of navy. And look at how many tin can subs he has!

Of course, China would never let America enter NorK. If war breaks out, China will grab that land to prevent a unification of Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWXyS7rHBQ

Someone should tell Kim that it is not real scary until he says it is an extra powerful super-duper pooper scooper mighty double dirty dog attack.
    My brother in law is retiring next month. He was the top guy at the Defense Logistics Agency, I think it's called that. In charge of accounting for everybit of hardware the entire US military, all branches, has and where it's at. I suspect making sure it's where it should be as well. AF 3 star. Served the nation well. This relates to the video.