Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

MSM I'm sick of all the News Channels
+ Reply to Thread

I'm sick of all the News Channels

My DH has one of the channels on in the living room probably HLN, which I detest. They are going on and on about the adult teacher that took off with one of his 15 year old students, going over and over the same crap. I'm not turning on Fox to see what they have on, because I'm done wit them too. Bill O'Reilly wasn't one of my favorites but the way the "fired" him is disgusting.

So I decided to give One America News a shot. At least they are not irritating me. I often watch HGTV but the are running programs that I've seen at least two times in the last couple of weeks. They weren't that interesting to begin with.

My Directv bill just went up $30 because the break I had for the first year on the contract ran out. I'm in the woods so I can't get anything streaming so I'm stuck with Directv or nothing. We have a lot of movies but after two years of them I'm can't stand them anymore. On Directv there are at least 50 channels that are trying to sell me something and I don't want to buy anything so they are out.

I guess I'm just bored and sick of fake news.

Judy

I have no idea what HLN is.

Unpluged from TV service 9 years ago. The noise is gone. Peace and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Headline News, an offshoot of CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Headline News, its an off shoot of CNN. pure crap in my opinion, but I just can't get DH to stop watching it, it was his go to news when he lived in Illinois.

Judy

Good lord....

I thought HLN was off the air like 10 years ago.

All MSM has sucked for years. Can't believe anyone would watch any of the channels for any reason.

I can sympathize.

Mom is a Fauxaholic and it gets tiresome.... but I'm not going to say anything to her about it.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Today I found a station out of Texas. OAN, or One American News. Be careful about their constitutional base though. NEOCON's RINO's Demo-whatchamacallit's & COMMIES venture at your own risk

Even Faux news is about to go to the CNN side of the pool. Murdochs liberal sons are taking over. Orielly was the first victim.
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. FRA

I avoid TV news like a bad neighborhood. Drudge is my first news of the day along with other net based news sites/forums including TB2K..

I do not miss cable TV. Been about 10 years I got rid of cable TV.
    Fly Southwest Airlines All Throughout California And All Across The USA https://southwest.com/

Quote Originally Posted by EastWest View Post
    I avoid TV news like a bad neighborhood. Drudge is my first news of the day along with other net based news sites/forums including TB2K..
    I have the Drudge app on my Smartphone.

http://www.drudgereportapps.com
    Fly Southwest Airlines All Throughout California And All Across The USA https://southwest.com/

Well, at least one good thing came of this thread.. I found out OANN is now on Direct TV!! I had no idea, was watching them on youtube for the longest time as they reminded me of the old fox news. That and they give news, not too much commentary.

I get the same way about TV news sometimes, see I keep it on in our office but its really just background noise unless some big news story breaks, but I can deal with One America News Network a whole lot better than watching Shep Smith tell me how bad Trump is lol
    When fascism comes to America it will come across an unsecured border carrying a Koran.

Containment Area for Relocated Yankees - former Pittsburgher
    "One America News"

How'd you get that? It's not on the worthless Time-Warner...er..I mean Spectrum. I'd love to start watching it.
    No good deed ever goes unpunished.

I get my news off the internet

and surprise !! - get the local Paper again
    It was recently sold to Gatehouse Media in NY, (out of State), and the new owners have fired almost everyone but the printers and have hired local reporters.
    Pretty fair balance. Retail you Not as much liberal fishwrap as before

It's Amazing how much local news is now available

One America News Network - http://www.oann.com/

Where To Watch state by state - http://www.oann.com/wheretowatch/
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

State of Jefferson - On the Darkside where the cookies are...
    There are news channels? Really???
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Containment Area for Relocated Yankees - former Pittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    One America News Network - http://www.oann.com/

Where To Watch state by state - http://www.oann.com/wheretowatch/
    Saw those earlier. Not available for me unless I get Dish or whatever. Meh.

Thanks for the links anyhow.
    No good deed ever goes unpunished.

$5 a month through Roku.

I did a little digging. Owned by the Herring family out of San Diego. They own Wealth TV network and the Washington Times. Calls it a conservative news channel. Also saw a chat where employees said they are worked to death. Not that it has anything to do with anything.
    I would like to know more about these people. Saw what they own, now would like to see who owns them.

Now does everyone understand just how bad "programming" really is?

I watch zero broadcast news. The only reason we have cable TV is because it is free with the internet and phone package.
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

15 well, the tv is now off,

kind of funny how all during the election the tv in the break room at work was on 24/7, and most everyone would pay attention to it,

fast forward to the other day, the deal with oriely, not that everyone really liked him, guess it was the fact of fox, just dumping people like they have been doing, no one is paying attention anymore, and more times than not, the tv is getting turned off, and everyone now just talking or doing their cellphone thing,

this to me says faux is loosing a lot viewers

Maybe Bill O'Reilly and Megyn Kelly will start their own news channel ~ Tasteless News!
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

https://youtu.be/LIr3KF7lXqs

More and more people watch YouTube to find the TRUTH than the fake news media. Please watch the above video. Thanks.

Published on Apr 21, 2017

The lies we're being fed about what's going on with Google/YouTube and the advertiser boycott are over the top. The Major Network owners are pulling out all the stops.

There must be a reason the 'news people' call what they do 'programming'... I didn't watch more than 10 hrs of 'TeeVee' from 1967 to 1983 and then started a side job of installing Sat Dish antenna systems(which was a switch), there wasn't any news then except CNN and they just didn't 'tickle my fancy'... I got rid of the Disk network about 3-4 years ago and built antennas for OTA stuff plus a roku for my wife to keep up with the HGTV shows... There's a whole gob of stuff on YouTube (which I call the Youtube University) to watch... I just bought a new Metal Detector and went through the 'instructional videos' before it arrived... plus some rather interesting C & D rated movies...

We don't watch national news anymore, quit ten years ago or so. Over the air TV is the only thing we have now since dropping DirecTV last year. We turn on local news in the mornings and occasionally in the evenings with dinner for local events, weather, traffic and such. As soon as the local news goes to national, we turn the channel or turn off the TV. We get our news about 95% online and 5% other like radio. I feel much better informed than during the years when TV news was our source of national news. On the occasions when there are big national news events happening, we have no trouble finding an online stream that covers them in real time.
    Terri in Indiana

Will watch Lou Dobbs or Stuart Varney on Fox business news but regular fox news channel now worthless. Watching OAN onDirect tv along with a south korean news channel. Would love to watch the China news channel that Dish carried to see what was happening on other side of world but it is not available on my Direct tv package.

I didn't know about One America News Channel now on Directv. Great news!!!
    I'm shocked though, as Murdoch owns Directv and this is competition to FOX News.
    I'll be checking it out as soon as I'm done working today.
    Wish there was an Israeli news channel that covered all the Mideast news.

In all honestly, unless it's hard breaking news this time of year, we mainly live off watching our STL Cardinals, our MLB extra innings package, so we can see all the games we want live, and the MLB network.
    ~ I stand with Ted to defeat Hillary Clinton. My family and I will be voting for Trump/Pence this November.
    "It took Jimmy Carter to give us Ronald Reagan." - Our country's last best hope in 2016, was Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz