Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

VIDEO Final Moments (Short Film) incoming nuclear warhead Dallas TX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Final Moments (Short Film) incoming nuclear warhead Dallas TX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2iaorMgKAM

Published on Sep 18, 2015
    Dallas TX
    Drake wakes up to sirens, and soon finds out that he is facing the dark reality of nuclear war. Could these be his final moments?
    Mat6:12 - And forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. 1Thes4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.www.fidf.orghttps://www.joshuafund.com/http://www.compassion.com/

Well done.
    "Why not stay awake now? Who wants to sleep now with so much happening, so much to see? Life used to be dull you see...and you don't have to sleep alone, you don't even have to sleep at all; and so, all you have to do is show the stick to the dog now and then and say, 'Thank God for nothing.'"

Drusilla, "The UNVANQUISHED. William Faulkner

Wow.

Would the latest model phones also emit warnings for the civil defense system as they do for weather?
    "Why not stay awake now? Who wants to sleep now with so much happening, so much to see? Life used to be dull you see...and you don't have to sleep alone, you don't even have to sleep at all; and so, all you have to do is show the stick to the dog now and then and say, 'Thank God for nothing.'"

Heading there Sunday for the week. I have warm fuzzies now.
    Far away across the field
    The tolling of the iron bell
    Calls the faithful to their knees
    To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

I found the character annoyingly helpless. Why was he packing cloths? He almost walked out the door without any shoes on!
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. FRA

He seems like a typical teen. He's heard the sirens from tornado weather - so he acts kinda appropriately for that scenario.

Very realistic.

I just pray that, when it comes, all my family will be together. I could easily see my sons (especially one of them) in that poor terrified boy who was so lost and alone....
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    I found the character annoyingly helpless. Why was he packing cloths? He almost walked out the door without any shoes on!

It's called...........PANIC.

May you never have to experience it.
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Girl View Post
    Heading there Sunday for the week. I have warm fuzzies now.

I thought the list of "target" cities pretty much spot-on. I LIVE in one of them, so ...

but then I already knew we were a target.

The list:

Atlanta
    Chicago
    St Louis
    Los Angeles
    Dallas
    New York City

That's what people do. They panic and do not think ahead. I'm afraid I identify with the helpless, scared, not really ready kid.

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    Wow is right. Kid acted like a typical teen IMHO. Gives you a lot to think about.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

90% of America will act in a similar fashion ! A good percentage will kill you if you have something that they think they need to survive.
    The most important days in a persons life are the day they were born and the day they find out why!

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Wow is right. Kid acted like a typical teen IMHO. Gives you a lot to think about.
    Obviously neither he -- nor his absent mother (at work? traveling in another city for her job? her note said she'd be back in a week) had ever even thought about, nor prepared in advance for---that contingency.

And his utter panic and despair speak MOST clearly to the MAIN prep that the most expert preppers on this site have always said is the Main and Most Important prep you can make----

SPIRITUAL prep.

I've seen numerous times that this is why you have a checklist ready and in a location everyone knows about. Just don't forget about the checklist in your panic!

Very well done. Throwing in the power going out was an added dose of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    In "The Diary of Anne Frank", she wrote about how during an air raid, she threw together some items into a book bag and clutched it tightly as the family stood in the stairwell as the building shook amid the blasts. What had she packed? "Don't ask!" She wrote then proceeded to tell on herself; a brush, curlers, the diary and pens of course...But mostly useless items that just happened to be on hand and that made sense at the time.

This is youth...This is hopeless yet hopeful panic.

In the early 70's or so the US has something similar happen and my husband and I we about 20. The TV was on and this went on about 30 minutes. We opted not to go to the shelter since it would be packed and uncomfortable. I just wanted to fix my hair and put on make up as if it matter but it kept me occupied. Maybe it didn't matter what he was doing or putting in, it was nervous energy. We didn't panic at all though, it would not have helped.

Humm.
    Less typing, more prepping.

A well done & thought provoking short film. My interpretation and belief is that when the power goes out, then the first impact is likely to have occurred. There's a bunch of take-aways from this, all of which are important. Shane addresses many of them in an effective and logical sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacajawea View Post
    I've seen numerous times that this is why you have a checklist ready and in a location everyone knows about. Just don't forget about the checklist in your panic!
    LOL, I can't even remember the stupid grocery list half the time. So I have "the list" on my phone, in each vehicle, and taped to the inside of a kitchen cupboard door to increase my odds of having it when I need it.
    “Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
    "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - J.K. Rowling "Remember who the real enemy is." - Suzanne Collins "Winter is coming." - George R.R. Martin

Thing is, for SOME preps, your WHOLE FAMILY has to be on board.

We have a great basement---mostly underground, with a well-built (brick) house on top of it.

But it has 4 "Florida" windows (awning-type)--none of which even close very well, any more, and all of which are thin aluminum-frame and single-paned---and two of the window-panes are cracked.

Now per Shane's directives, BEFORE the bombs fall, we need to have either 6 feet of dirt, or a layer of solid cement blocks, etc., to blodk the windows BEFORE the blast.

But no one in my family would agree to that.

Make a list and take a picture with your phone, save in a separate gallery so you dont have to dig through hundreds of images to find it.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Unrealistic portrayal!

I want you all to think about what your kid or husband or wife were doing as The Trade Towers were under air-assault...

They texted, or got on their cell phones in giddy-fear fest in front of their TV. The streets were empty as I bolted to the gas station, the grocery store and the local Marina to the vessel I kept there. I was first of over a dozen boats that que'd up behind me for fuel.

My uncles experience and stories when I was young about being at Pearl Harbor during the attack, and having been a four year old in the middle of The Cuban Missile Crisis; these are ALL experiences that shape my go-to survival mindset whether 10 or 58. Today's pampered kid is not cut from the same cloth.

On our feet or on our knees. That's what my mom and dad taught me in the 60's.

I have seen all kinds of panic in life or death situations. Most people don't see the need for being prepared unless they have experienced it. Even then, panic can set in as you realize that these moments may be your last.
    Go to Church. Pray.
    "Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God. But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice" ....Psalm 68

One of the early military manuals had it right:

"The best defense against an atom bomb is to not be there when it goes off."
    (1 Cor. 8:1-2) : "We know that we all possess knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know."

I found it very interesting how, after the power outage, the only functioning radio available was a NOAA Weather Radio with battery backup. For a whole bunch of reasons I always urge people to purchase a NOAA Weather radio. Be it severe weather or a local or national civil emergency, NOAA Weather Radio is your direct, automatic, unfiltered, real time access point to official government emergency information.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I found this site and thought it interesting, you can simulate a nuclear blast on an area and see the affected zones. It's a little scary, but also kinda fun. Drag the marker to your area, select a bomb from the pre-selects and click on detonate.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Makes you go hmmmm........I know, we all know these people....& family members.

This site is good for preparation for nuclear or chemical emergencies. Probably many more are user friendly, but it's a good start for newbies
    https://www.ready.gov/nuclear-blast
    God Bless Us & God Bless America!

That was very well done.
    Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

Ron Paul

Comment under the video:

Jim Scribner2 months ago

I have had Joe Stalin's Russian nuclear weapons threatening to destroy me since the day I was born in 1953, Stalin died a week after I was born and the USSR had a meltdown after Chernobyl when I was stationed in Germany in the US Army. I've had several times in my life when I expected to die as we all one day must but realistically we all have much higher odds of dying in traffic accidents than anything as dramatic as a nuclear war, I'm personally all in favor of living forever but pragmatically all any of can do is take whatever preventive measures we can to avoid dying from clear and present dangers and vote against politicians with a fetish for population control in favor of those with a greater love of life. 
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Some of the old baby boomers,like me, remember back in 60's when things heated up over cuba. Civil defense had set up bomb shelters with food and water. They laid out what you should do if you are at home or caught out in open and can't get to a shelter. Basically kiss your as good bye. I was in the 4-5 grade. We stopped doing fire drills and changed over to bomb drills every day. no outside actives. It started out when fire alarm went off you put your head on your desk and covered your head with your arms. Then someone figured that whole back wall was was mostly glass. So we moved to the hallway. Then you sat down and put your head between your legs and told not to look at the bright light. the last 2-3 days where the toughest when we got to that point lot's of parents kept their kids home. Not my dad, he told me he didn't care if the world ended tomorrow your going to school.[ he loved me sooooomuch ] At this point most kids where scared to death. Now when we had drills and where told we could go back to class, the hallway floor had lots of wet spots on it. I remember seeing the janitor standing at the end of hallway with his mop bucket. I'm thankful that in a day or two it all ended. You know it's a different time now, but not that much. Thing is now you can't find a janitor when you need one. So I guess us old boomers keep some dippers around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez View Post
    I found this site and thought it interesting, you can simulate a nuclear blast on an area and see the affected zones. It's a little scary, but also kinda fun. Drag the marker to your area, select a bomb from the pre-selects and click on detonate.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
    That's interesting.....thank you

I was born in January of 1954.

I have figured out I could have died at age eight during the October of 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

I have figured out I could have died at age nineteen during the Yom Kippur war in October of 1973.

I have figured out I could have died in 1983 when the Russians had a "computer glitch" showing a US missile launch. I was 29 then.

I have figured out I could have died in 1986 I think it was when the launch of a Norwegian weather balloon was detected as a missile launch by the Russians. I was 32 then.

I have also figured out we nearly had nuclear wars between India and Pakistan a couple of times at least.

I don't sweat things much anymore at the age of 63. The reason being I figure I cheated deaths four times before I was 32 years old. Everything after that was living on borrowed time.

I rate the chance the raving lunatic known as Kim Jong will indeed pull the nuclear trigger at some point in the near future, possibly as soon as the next 90 days. CARPE DIEM: SEIZE THE DAY, AMIGOS!

I am a little bit too young to remember the duck and cover drills. I do remember the Cuban Missile Crisis very well. I was in the US Army during the Yom Kippur War in 1973, the one where the Soviets threatened to parachute a couple of divisions into Jerusalem if Israel didn't pull back from the surrounded Egyptian Army in the Sinai Peninsula.

I am still amazed we have made it from 1945 to 2017 without a nuclear war breaking out somewhere. Korea and between India and Pakistan over Kashmir are the most likely places in my opinion.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" will soon be available for sale at smashwords. The url is
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/267340 It is also at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by Firedave View Post
    Some of the old baby boomers,like me, remember back in 60's when things heated up over cuba. Civil defense had set up bomb shelters with food and water. They laid out what you should do if you are at home or caught out in open and can't get to a shelter. Basically kiss your as good bye. I was in the 4-5 grade. We stopped doing fire drills and changed over to bomb drills every day. no outside actives. It started out when fire alarm went off you put your head on your desk and covered your head with your arms. Then someone figured that whole back wall was was mostly glass. So we moved to the hallway. Then you sat down and put your head between your legs and told not to look at the bright light. the last 2-3 days where the toughest when we got to that point lot's of parents kept their kids home. Not my dad, he told me he didn't care if the world ended tomorrow your going to school.[ he loved me sooooomuch ] At this point most kids where scared to death. Now when we had drills and where told we could go back to class, the hallway floor had lots of wet spots on it. I remember seeing the janitor standing at the end of hallway with his mop bucket. I'm thankful that in a day or two it all ended. You know it's a different time now, but not that much. Thing is now you can't find a janitor when you need one. So I guess us old boomers keep some dippers around.

Wet spots? For real. i certainly don't remember any, we all knew neighbors building bomb shelters and just knew our parents weren't afraid, they went through the depression,WWII and Korea, it was expected of us to be tough, it seemed it was the way life was suppose to be.

The duck and tuck started in the 1950's it wasn't until the '60's Cuban missile crisis that we practiced a couple times a week
    https://youtu.be/ZUJJie46LHY
    And who could forget 'Bert the Turtle' -Duck & Cover. https://youtu.be/4LpwantmjjA

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    I found it very interesting how, after the power outage, the only functioning radio available was a NOAA Weather Radio with battery backup. For a whole bunch of reasons I always urge people to purchase a NOAA Weather radio. Be it severe weather or a local or national civil emergency, NOAA Weather Radio is your direct, automatic, unfiltered, real time access point to official government emergency information.
    Thanks for this timely reminder! Dug ours out and set it up.

That kid wasn't panicked, not by a long shot. He was scared. He found a flashlight, he remembered a battery radio when the power went out, he found batteries. He loaded water and was thinking about how much he needed.

That was not even close to panic. Very few would do as well as he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrymouse View Post
    It's called...........PANIC.

May you never have to experience it.

It was more shock....... than panic.

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    That kid wasn't panicked, not by a long shot. He was scared. He found a flashlight, he remembered a battery radio when the power went out, he found batteries. He loaded water and was thinking about how much he needed.

That was not even close to panic. Very few would do as well as he did.
    Agree with you. Considering he 1) woke up to this (so was probably a little groggy at first), 2) he was alone in the house with the parent not expected back for days (so no one other than himself to rely on), I think he did better than most adults. Probably even some adults here who think they "know the drill".
    A "principled conservative" reminds us how important it is to not be vulgar. Funny how when there’s a fight to be fought, they’re never anywhere to be found.

Agreed. "Scared" is a better descriptive than "Panic", esp. if by panic one means either running around aimlessly or going into hysterics.

He certainly was not "annoyingly helpless"---except that he was truly helpless in the face of what was coming (in the sense of being able, by that point, to escape it)