Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT My fence has been rebuilt
+ Reply to Thread

7 My fence has been rebuilt

The workers left about 20 minutes ago. After three weeks of waiting and a week in-progress, the fence has been replaced. I can finally let the pups out again without having to get dressed at night and keep them on-leash. The new roof goes on next Friday the 28th.

I'm pretty damn happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzNM6ZEko9A

Man builds new fence and dog jumps it.

People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNfm0mo0y18

Dutch shepherd jumping a 8 foot fence.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

That first fence is only about 4' high. Mine is 6'. Hermione is far too old, and Aja doesn't jump fences. But that 8' fence jump is just DAYUM!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    That first fence is only about 4' high. Mine is 6'. Hermione is far too old, and Aja doesn't jump fences. But that 8' fence jump is just DAYUM!
    If you google german shepherds jumping fences you'll find some that are even more spectacular! and FWIW Jr. our doodle does the same thing, as did our weimeraner, both can/could scale a 6 foot fence in the same manner.

Had a pit mix in California that would jump up on to the 6" block wall and hang his front legs over and just look around before jumping down.

Wonderful Dennis, this should make your life a little easier again .

State of Jefferson - On the Darkside where the cookies are...
    We have a chihuahua that can climb a chainlink fence like a damn monkey!! Couldn't figure out how he was getting out of the yard until one day I was working on my RV and heard him behind me on the otherside of the fence. i turned around and was looking at him at my face level only a few inches away from the top of a six foot cyclone fence!!
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Good deal, you no longer have to step in dog pop bare footed.

Speaking of fence, what kind of fence and approx how much was it installed per foot? We have "dog fence" on the homestead list of things to do (and before we get another dog). Saving up for it right now, but not sure what the going rate is these days.

It would have to be a 6 ft fence as well, as with all of the snow we get, a 4 footer is pointless.
    “Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
    "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - J.K. Rowling "Remember who the real enemy is." - Suzanne Collins "Winter is coming." - George R.R. Martin

ever see a bull jump a fence .

We lived in a neighborhood where everyone had 4 foot chain link fenced back yards. I watched our black lab, run and hurdle each fence for six houses down from ours. Never hesitate or break stride. He just hit the top rail, and on to the next fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Txkstew View Post
    We lived in a neighborhood where everyone had 4 foot chain link fenced back yards. I watched our black lab, run and hurdle each fence for six houses down from ours. Never hesitate or break stride. He just hit the top rail, and on to the next fence.
    :expnd: sounds just like Jr. and the stupid animal shelters demand that your yard be fenced in before they will let you adopt a dog. For some dogs fences are objects to be climbed or jumped over.

Wood privacy fence, $20/ft. Everything is complicated by the fact that except for the outer fence by the sidewalk, the other two fence walls are "shared." Those sharing have to agree on the particulars of the fence repair, which strings the process out.

Our billy goat did jump the fence, now there is either hot wire around the top or barb wire strung along the top. He no longer jumps the fence.

Judy

An easy way to deter dogs from climbing fences is to blow up a bunch of balloons and tie them along the top of the fence. Close enough that the dogs will touch any one of them. It scares them when the balloons pop and they stay away from the fence even after you take the balloons down.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

We've had luck keeping renter's dogs next door away from the fence with a little hand held sound machine and a plugged in bark machine. We don't even have to use them after a couple of weeks.
    But I hope no one with a pit bull moves in. Not sure it would work on those evil cookie monsters.
    Saw with my own eyes one go over a concrete fence like was said above.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    My Lily does that. She's a lab/border collie mix.
    "This place is fantastic! It's like "Gone With The Wind" on mescaline. They walk imaginary pets here...and they're all heavily armed and drunk..."
    Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil