Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

DISASTER Cal-handout? Jerry Brown Asks Trump for Aid — for the 4th Time
+ Reply to Thread

Cal-handout? Jerry Brown Asks Trump for Aid — for the 4th Time

The operating majority in California are such arrogant snots, claiming they are richer than some minor gods and then whining for bucks that would otherwise go to workers or unemployed workers, seniors..
    SS

Calexit? Jerry Brown Asks Trump for Aid — for the 4th Time
    Matt Mills McKnight-Pool/Getty Images

by Joel B. Pollak20 Mar 2017867

California Gov. Jerry Brown asked President Donald Trump on Sunday for federal emergency assistance for the fourth time in just two months since the new administration took office, putting the nascent “CalExit” movement in a difficult position.

While advocates of California secession — both on the left and operating from abroad — have hoped to make the case that the Golden State can stand on its own, Brown’s repeated requests for help underline the fact that the world’s sixth-biggest economy is still dependent on the rest of the country.

The latest request, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, asks for money for flood relief, including for repairing the damaged spillways of the Oroville Dam, which nearly failed last month, resulting in the temporary evacuation of 200,000 residents downstream of the dam.

Desperate last-minute engineering maneuvers — including a massive release of water from the dam down an already-damaged main spillway — averted a collapse of the emergency spillway.

The Chronicle adds: “The Governor’s Office of Emergency Services has also requested assistance from the U.S. Small Business Administration for individuals in Colusa, Lake, Lassen, Plumas, Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties, where the flooding from February storms damaged more than 200 homes and businesses.”

All three of Brown’s previous requests for aid have been granted.

Brown has vowed to stand up to the Trump administration on left-wing causes such as climate change and illegal immigration. At the same time, he has welcomed the commitment of the Trump administration to invest in infrastructure, although the White House has signaled that such spending would not include California’s controversial and costly high-speed rail project.
    http://www.breitbart.com/california/...-aid-4th-time/
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Continually electing The Brown dynasty for 50 years has destroyed the State

Simple answer is NO. Next question please.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

Looks like you've got plenty of jobs for those sanctuary seekers out there so you can take them off of your welfare rolls and save some money, Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Head View Post
    This covers it.
    Strange times can cause strange measures.

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
    1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Head View Post
    Trump needs to tweet #sand
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
    -John Adams, America’s Second President

Not just NO but h-e-double hockey sticks NO! If Trump does help, then something's wrong somewhere.
    Once you master people by force you depend on force for control.

Better to be an hour early than one minute late.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think" Adolph Hitler

Wonder if Trump will give in.
    Fly Into Southern California International Airport - Ontario Instead. Shorter Lines And Hassle Free Makes Flying So Much Easier. http://www.airfarewatchdog.com/cheap...location%2CASC

Quote Originally Posted by NC Susan View Post
    Continually electing The Brown dynasty for 50 years has destroyed the State

yup, the 'GOLDEN' state became the 'BROWN' state quite awhile ago...

Quote Originally Posted by blueridge View Post
    yup, the 'GOLDEN' state became the 'BROWN' state quite awhile ago...
    Ask any Snowflake, Mexico will help the Kali-cartel if allowed to re-direct all the peso's they're saving for their half of the wall.

I thought they were going to leave the Union

Nope
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

CA has to pay for its own problems, why should the USA pay to the richest State in the Union............

Quote Originally Posted by dstraito View Post
    Trump needs to tweet #sand
    Love it!
    Qui tacet consentire videtur

More waste

http://www.latimes.com/local/califor...313-story.html

L.A. County Sheriff’s Department switches from silver to gold belt buckles at a cost of $300,000

Critics argue the move comes at a time when the department is struggling to deal with more fundamental problems than appearances.
    Maya Lau Maya LauContact Reporter
    The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department is getting down to brass tactics.

Sheriff’s officials are spending $300,000 on items they say would make deputies look more professional in their jobs and could help make them safer.

But the taxpayer dollars won’t go toward tools such as higher-quality ballistic vests, backup guns or body cameras, all of which are optional items that deputies have to pay for on their own.

Instead, Sheriff Jim McDonnell is spending the money on a minor cosmetic makeover of deputies’ uniforms: changing the color of their belt buckles and other metal pieces of gear from silver to gold. That way, the metallic bits — all made of brass — will match the gold-hued tie clips, lapel pins and six-pointed star badges that deputies already wear, McDonnell said.

The sheriff says the change is important to maintaining a professional look for deputies on the job, but the move has generated criticism among some rank-and-file deputies and others who argue that it’s a misuse of money at a time when the department is struggling to deal with more fundamental problems than the appearance of its street cops.

Officials with the union that represents the bulk of the department’s 9,100 deputies note that the agency is facing a chronic staff shortage and a recurring budget deficit. For the past several years, the department has been keeping about 1,000 professional staff and 300 deputy positions unfilled so that it can overcome a yearly $250-million shortfall. As a result, deputies are often required to work back-to-back shifts.

“This [expenditure] is something that would be better suited to a department that’s running like a well-oiled machine, but not a department that’s in turmoil,” said Det. Ron Hernandez, president of the Assn. for Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs.

McDonnell defended the changes, saying the coordinated gold-colored buckles, belt snaps, baton rings and key holders would “finish off the uniform” and better convey to a suspect that a deputy is in control.

“The first impression somebody gets of one of our deputies in the field is what they look like when they approach. Are they squared-away looking? Do they have their gear in place? Are they physically fit?” McDonnell said in a recent interview. He said a suspect might be thinking: “Am I gonna run? Am I gonna fight? What am I gonna do?”

“Often our deputies are in situations where they’re all by themselves, and they need to exude command presence,” McDonnell explained.

A court is blocking L.A. County sheriff from handing over a list of 300 problem deputies

The brass facelift probably ranks as one of the more obscure changes by McDonnell, who’s worked to reform the department after a jail abuse scandal toppled his predecessor, Lee Baca, and resulted in criminal convictions for several other agency officials. McDonnell says he’s proud of the dramatic decrease in serious staff-on-inmate force in the jails and the expansion of training and operations against human trafficking, cybercrime and terrorism during his tenure of a little over two years.

The department recently nodded to the grumbling over belt buckles in its inaugural issue of Inside the LASD, a newsletter designed to address rumors circulating among its 18,000 employees. The publication also provided information stemming from other frustrations commonly aired by deputies, including the disciplinary process, a Taser shortage, and the persistent vacancies and budget constraints in the department.

“A consistent uniform appearance is part of the tactical package,” the newsletter says, alongside photos of brass belt buckles. “The first impression you give can add to your credibility and your safety.”

The first impression you give can add to your credibility and your safety.
    — 'Inside the LASD' newsletter
    Sgt. Mike Ramirez, the department’s uniform coordinator, said he’s seen first-hand how a messy uniform can invite violence. He described a scenario in which one of his former partners, who looked “disheveled” and typically wore a more casual style of uniform than he did, was singled out by a suspect for a fight.

“This guy could have fought me instead, but as I look back, it all makes sense. My partner wasn’t as professional-looking as I was,” Ramirez said.

The department has already spent $100,000 out of its general fund for the belt buckles and snaps, with an additional $200,000 in line to be spent next fiscal year on baton rings and key holders, said department spokeswoman Nicole Nishida.

Deputies are expected to obtain the new gear at either one of two department facilities, one in Whittier and the other in Castaic, during their work hours.

Not since former Sheriff Sherman Block changed deputies’ name plates from black to gold in the 1990s has there been a cosmetic modification to the rank-and-file’s everyday uniform (deputies’ helmets, updated last year, are worn only in heightened circumstances). Baca, who succeeded Block, made deputies temporarily wear a millennial badge in 2000, Nishida said.

Officers in the Los Angeles Police Department — where McDonnell served 29 years — are required to wear silver belt buckles that match their predominantly silver-toned badges, said Officer Norma Eisenman, a department spokeswoman.

Sheriff’s Lt. Brian Moriguchi, who serves as president of the Professional Peace Officers Assn., which represents higher-level Sheriff’s Department staff as well as custody assistants, said the buckle switch has been raising eyebrows.

“The whole thing would be no big deal if the sheriff corrected all the other things wrong with our department,” said Moriguchi, citing the need for more deputies in the field and a more efficient use of limited funds. “But it becomes a big deal because people look at how you haven’t changed all the other things except the color of our belt buckle.”

L.A. County jail guard charged with assault for looking the other way while inmates beat someone up

Department spokesman Capt. Jeff Scroggin responded that the change was important because uniform standards “had become lax.”

“This was apparent during major events and it diminished our professionalism and became problematic from a tactical standpoint,” he said.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors oversees the department’s overall budget of $3 billion, but the sheriff has discretion to choose how to spend the department’s general funds.

“With a $3 billion budget, the sheriff is entrusted by the voters of Los Angeles County with the flexibility to allocate department resources where he feels necessary — and I trust his judgement as to administrative matters under his authority,” Supervisor Kathryn Barger said in a statement.

The other four county supervisors declined to comment.

Trump won 2626 counties
    Hillary won 487 counties
    In 2018, all 435 U.S. House Members and 34 U.S. Senators are up for reelection.

I though California was exiting. Asking for money,does that mean they want to stay.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

They sound like they are being governed by a bunch of third-graders.
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

That's because they are.

California is toast....

has been for a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

CA has to pay for its own problems, why should the USA pay to the richest State in the Union............
    Uhhh...because they're wastrels and spendthrifts utterly devoid of fiscal discipline...?

The Obama Administration constitutes a pseudocompetocracy, i.e., rule by those whose primary skill is in feigning competence.

Not nice to bite the hand you want to feed you.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp

A California-based fashion retailer filed a class-action lawsuit against Ivanka Trump's brand accusing it of having a trump card that gives it an unfair advantage among competitors - her father.

Modern Appealing Clothing claims the First Daughter's company, Ivanka Trump Marks LLC, is profiting off her political connections, citing President Trump and her husband Jared, according to SFGate.
    Sign up: Click here to subscribe to the Broadsheet, Fortune's daily newsletter on the world's most powerful women.
    The San Francisco-based fashion boutique points to the recent sales boost Trump's brand got after the President slammed Nordstrom on Twitter for dropping his daughter's brand. Shortly after, Kellyanne Conway, who serves as a counselor to the President, told people to go buy Ivanka stuff during a Fox News interview. Ivanka's company sales had a 346% spike between January and February when compared with the same time period last year despite getting dumped by Nordstrom and other retailers like Neiman Marcus, Sears, and Kmart, according to CourthouseNews.
    The class-action lawsuit filed on behalf of women's clothing retailers throughout California seeks unspecified damages as well as a restraining order against her brand from selling clothes in California.

A California-based fashion retailer filed a class-action lawsuit against Ivanka Trump's brand accusing it of having a trump card that gives it an unfair advantage among competitors - her father.

Modern Appealing Clothing claims the First Daughter's company, Ivanka Trump Marks LLC, is profiting off her political connections, citing President Trump and her husband Jared, according to SFGate.
    Sign up: Click here to subscribe to the Broadsheet, Fortune's daily newsletter on the world's most powerful women.
    The San Francisco-based fashion boutique points to the recent sales boost Trump's brand got after the President slammed Nordstrom on Twitter for dropping his daughter's brand. Shortly after, Kellyanne Conway, who serves as a counselor to the President, told people to go buy Ivanka stuff during a Fox News interview. Ivanka's company sales had a 346% spike between January and February when compared with the same time period last year despite getting dumped by Nordstrom and other retailers like Neiman Marcus, Sears, and Kmart, according to CourthouseNews.
    The class-action lawsuit filed on behalf of women's clothing retailers throughout California seeks unspecified damages as well as a restraining order against her brand from selling clothes in California.
    Μολών Λαβέ
    I'm willing to die to protect my Right to Bear Arms.
    Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
    Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war;
    My safe guard and my fortress, my stronghold, my deliverer, My shield, in whom I trust, who subdues peoples under me. Psalm 144