Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

  If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **



*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or


PLAY Who would the members of your dream rock band be?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    11,944

    Who would the members of your dream rock band be?

    Who would you like to see as members of your dream team rock band? I'll start.



    Neil Peart on drums (from Rush)
    Eddie Van Halen on lead guitar (from Van Halen)
    George Lynch on lead guitar (from Dokken)
    Blackie Lawless on bass (from WASP)
    Sebastian Bach - lead singer (from Skid Row)
    The Social Security number is a bigger threat to Liberty than Communism or ISIS.
    Isn't it strange that we don't require our policemen to attend law school?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Orbiting Sol
    Posts
    2,357
    John Entwistle on Lead Bass
    Keith Moon on Lead Drums
    Roger Daltrey on Vocals
    Pete Townshend on Rhythym Guitar and Vocals

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    9,936
    Ok, I'll play.

    Sheena Easton on Drums
    Orianti on Lead Guitar
    Joan Jett on Guitar
    I guess I'll stay on bass with Geezer Butler to back me up lol
    and hmmm.. vocals will have to be
    ah.. Chrissie Hynde

    Dang... that would be soooo cool!!!
    "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

    My Music page https://poorboyproductions.bandcamp.com/

    The fact that we have a "Highway To Hell" and a "Stairway To Heaven" says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers.

  4. #4
    Ted Nugent on lead guitar
    Warren DiMartini (Ratt) on guitar
    Geoff Tate (Queensryche) on vocals
    Mark Slaughter (Slaughter) and Axl Rose (G'n R) to be on stage so I can look at them... and they can throw out some vocals
    and I will be on drums

    After thinking about this, I have to add that I would also like Ian Astbury (the Cult) to join Mark Slaughter and Axl
    And....Dave Grohl has to take over on the drums, no one would be better!
    Last edited by yellowlabz; 03-20-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    135,100
    I'm very partial to Bob Seger, Clapton, John Fogarty, and Neil Young

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    PRNJ
    Posts
    303
    I suck with names but...
    Carlos Santana on guitar
    The one armed drummer from deff leopard
    Less claypool and john Paul Jones on bass
    Clapton on a piano

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    43
    Ok, how about Buckethead on guitar
    Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom on guitar and vocals
    Whoever the bass player is from Protest the Hero
    The Rev from A7X on drums

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    779
    Lead guitar - Eric Clapton
    Drums - Phil Collins
    Bass - Duff McKagan or John Deacon
    Lead vocals - Freddie Mercury

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    N. Minnesota
    Posts
    9,184
    Just shut up and give me my Queen.

    Freddie Mercury ( lead vocal, piano) An eeeefin' god and after 25 years gone, still makes me weep.
    Brian May (lead guitar, vocals)
    John Deacon (bass guitar)
    Roger Taylor (drums, vocals)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by WalknTrot View Post
    Just shut up and give me my Queen.

    Freddie Mercury ( lead vocal, piano) An eeeefin' god and after 25 years gone, still makes me weep.
    Brian May (lead guitar, vocals)
    John Deacon (bass guitar)
    Roger Taylor (drums, vocals)
    I agree with this 100%! I tried to be diverse in my reply lol. I would be hard pressed to name a band that had such incredible talent on each instrument. Combine that with their song writing abilities and they are simply the best four piece band ever.

    On a side note, both Brian May and Roger Taylor could have been lead vocalists in another band.

    As to the bolded, my biggest music regret is that I never got to see Freddie Mercury live. I saw Brian and Roger a few years ago when they toured with Paul Rodgers. It was ok. They kicked ass on the Free and Bad Company songs, but Freddie's absence was profoundly felt.
    Last edited by phelly; 03-20-2017 at 01:41 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    N. Minnesota
    Posts
    9,184
    Quote Originally Posted by phelly View Post
    I agree with this 100%! I tried to be diverse in my reply lol. I would be hard pressed to name a band that had such incredible talent on each instrument. Combine that with their song writing abilities and they are simply the best four piece band ever.

    On a side note, both Brian May and Roger Taylor could have been lead vocalists in another band.

    As to the bolded, my biggest music regret is that I never got to see Freddie Mercury live. I saw the Brian and Roger a few years ago when they toured with Paul Rodgers. It was ok. They kicked ass on the Free and Bad Company songs, but Freddie's absence was profoundly felt.
    Yeah, I'm mulling seeing Brian and Roger with Adam Lambert this summer.

    Freddie - isolated vocal track "Somebody to Love".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tDJXeUT2tg

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    BBQ Country
    Posts
    65
    Steven Tyler (Aerosmith)(Lead Singer)
    Ann Wilson (Heart)(Backing Vocals)
    Joss Stone (Backing Vocals)
    Stevie Ray Vaughan (Lead & Rhythm Guitars)
    Jeff Healey (Lead and Rhythm Guitars)
    John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) (Bass)
    Neil Peart (Rush) Drums
    Rick Wakefield (Yes) (Keyboards)

    Wow, this really shows my age!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Superior's callin'
    Posts
    2,533
    Joe Bonamassa - lead guitar and vocals.

    Arnold McCuller - vocals.

    Bonnie Raitt - vocals.

    Emmylou Harris - vocals.

    Bobby Mann - guitar.

    Nathan East - bass.

    Billy Powell - piano, keyboards.

    Ian Anderson - flute.

    Steve Gadd - drums.

    Luis Conte - percussion.
    This might hurt a little.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Last place I want to be when TSHTF
    Posts
    1,157
    Led Zeppelin

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    11,944
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowlabz View Post
    Ted Nugent on lead guitar
    Warren DiMartini (Ratt) on guitar
    Geoff Tate (Queensryche) on vocals
    Mark Slaughter (Slaughter) and Axl Rose (G'n R) to be on stage so I can look at them... and they can throw out some vocals
    and I will be on drums

    After thinking about this, I have to add that I would also like Ian Astbury (the Cult) to join Mark Slaughter and Axl
    And....Dave Grohl has to take over on the drums, no one would be better!
    Not bad
    The Social Security number is a bigger threat to Liberty than Communism or ISIS.
    Isn't it strange that we don't require our policemen to attend law school?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Happy on the mountain
    Posts
    47,327
    This ensemble would be good....

    On piano was Glen D. Hardin, who had played piano for Buddy Holly as well as Elvis Presley. Lead guitarist James Burton, drummer Ronnie Tutt and bassist Jerry Scheff were also from Presley's group. Male background vocals and some guitars were provided by Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, Elvis Costello, Jackson Browne, J.D. Souther and Steven Soles. Female background vocalists were k.d. lang, Jennifer Warnes and Bonnie Raitt.

    Anyone know the project?
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    In CLE again
    Posts
    47,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    This ensemble would be good....

    On piano was Glen D. Hardin, who had played piano for Buddy Holly as well as Elvis Presley. Lead guitarist James Burton, drummer Ronnie Tutt and bassist Jerry Scheff were also from Presley's group. Male background vocals and some guitars were provided by Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, Elvis Costello, Jackson Browne, J.D. Souther and Steven Soles. Female background vocalists were k.d. lang, Jennifer Warnes and Bonnie Raitt.

    Anyone know the project?
    "Black and White Concert" Roy Orbison and friends

    Another good reason for PBS.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."


    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by changed View Post
    Not bad
    I'm hoping Ted is on TB2K and sees that he is in my dream band...lol
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Norman,OK
    Posts
    6,311
    Drums: Carmine Appice
    Bass: Duff McKagan
    Guitar #1: Lita Ford
    Guitar #2: Dieseltrooper
    Vocals: Miljenko Matijevic (Steelheart) He had a falsetto that would make Adam Levine despair.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    In CLE again
    Posts
    47,371
    Al Kooper as front man.
    Guitars would be John McLaughlin, and Paul McCartney, Bonamassa and Charo for back ups.
    Ginger Baker and Buddy Rich for drums.
    Vocals would be Marty Balin, Gracey Slick, with Joan Jet frequently stopping by.
    Jan Hammer, and Greg Lake on keyboards/synthesizer
    Rick Laird driving Bass.....(WHO??? From Mahavishnu's Orchestra)

    Yes, I have eclectic tastes.
    Mookie War Creed
    "I am the Sword of my Family and Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn all that you love, and kill every one of you."


    Welcome to dar al harab -dar al kufre.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    11,944
    Just found out the original drummer for the band Boston died. RIP drummer dude.
    The Social Security number is a bigger threat to Liberty than Communism or ISIS.
    Isn't it strange that we don't require our policemen to attend law school?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    South of Valhalla
    Posts
    16,596
    Ronnie James Dio and John Oliva ( savatage ) on vocals
    Herman Li ( Dragonforce ) and Vinnie Vincent ( KISS ) on dueling lead guitars
    Geezer Butler ( Black Sabbath ) and D.D. Verni( Overkill ) on Bass
    AriŽn van Weesenbeek ( Epica ) and/or Scott Rockenfield ( Queensryche ) on Drums


    If you can't find those guys, you can just use these guys:


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjxpMCiUI7Q
    Ephesians 5:11 - " Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. Ē

    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Norman,OK
    Posts
    6,311
    Quote Originally Posted by changed View Post
    Just found out the original drummer for the band Boston died. RIP drummer dude.

    Yep. But he died on-stage, doing what he loved. Good way to go...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    9,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Ronnie James Dio on vocals

    Geezer Butler ( Black Sabbath ) and D.D. Verni( Overkill ) on Bass
    You just gained some points with me Rag especially with Geezer. Geezer was my inspiration for learning bass and I do play riffs much in his form. I got back stage passes once and went just to meet Geezer. He slipped by us unfortunately but I did get to meet Tony and he shook my hand. I was awestruck. I watched as Geezer came out of his dressing room and scurried off in the other direction but I can tell you the aura of both Geezer and Tony was huge and very visable to me. It said "star" all over them. lol

    Those were the days.
    "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

    My Music page https://poorboyproductions.bandcamp.com/

    The fact that we have a "Highway To Hell" and a "Stairway To Heaven" says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    388
    What no Gilmore or Rogers? or even Rick Wright?
    How many miles to Galt's Gulch?

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    South of Valhalla
    Posts
    16,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
    You just gained some points with me Rag especially with Geezer. Geezer was my inspiration for learning bass and I do play riffs much in his form. I got back stage passes once and went just to meet Geezer. He slipped by us unfortunately but I did get to meet Tony and he shook my hand. I was awestruck. I watched as Geezer came out of his dressing room and scurried off in the other direction but I can tell you the aura of both Geezer and Tony was huge and very visable to me. It said "star" all over them. lol

    Those were the days.
    Heavy Metal helped me get through 1980's high school

    Still love it!

    Geezer and Steve Harris from Iron Maiden play bass like a lead guitar... No one plays quite like they are capable.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vaS1kTnSCY
    Ephesians 5:11 - " Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. Ē

    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

  27. #27
    Annie lennox and Stevie Nicks would need to be in there somewhere. As well as Freddy Mercury...what a voice!
    "Good is better than evil, because it's nicer."

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    11,944
    OK, I 'd like to amend my earlier dream band and add Ronnie James Dio (thanks Rag) to vocals. Sorry Sebastian, you can wait on the bench and if Ronnie has a stage related injury, then you can sing.


    Neil Peart on drums (from Rush)
    Eddie Van Halen on lead guitar (from Van Halen)
    George Lynch on lead guitar (from Dokken)
    Blackie Lawless on bass (from WASP)
    Ronnie James Dio - lead singer (from Dio)

    Blackie Lawless may not be the best bass player ever, but he would bring a heavy metal influence to the band that is just different from the other members. And if George Lynch gets a hangnail, Warren Dimartini (thanks yellowlabz) can fill in on guitar.
    The Social Security number is a bigger threat to Liberty than Communism or ISIS.
    Isn't it strange that we don't require our policemen to attend law school?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


NOTICE: Timebomb2000 is an Internet forum for discussion of world events and personal disaster preparation. Membership is by request only. The opinions posted do not necessarily represent those of TB2K Incorporated (the owner of this website), the staff or site host. Responsibility for the content of all posts rests solely with the Member making them. Neither TB2K Inc, the Staff nor the site host shall be liable for any content.

All original member content posted on this forum becomes the property of TB2K Inc. for archival and display purposes on the Timebomb2000 website venue. Said content may be removed or edited at staff discretion. The original authors retain all rights to their material outside of the Timebomb2000.com website venue. Publication of any original material from Timebomb2000.com on other websites or venues without permission from TB2K Inc. or the original author is expressly forbidden.



"Timebomb2000", "TB2K" and "Watching the World Tick Away" are Service Mark℠ TB2K, Inc. All Rights Reserved.