Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CORP/BIZ From Starbucks original news release
+ Reply to Thread

From Starbucks original news release

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...n-next-5-years

(Snip) "...In a letter to current employees on Sunday, Schultz said the company would "start this effort here in the U.S. by making the initial focus of our hiring efforts on those individuals who have served with U.S. troops as interpreters and support personnel in the various countries where our military has asked for such support....: (Snip)

Unfortunately, they then screwed it up by including a bunch of stuff that really attracted the eye away from this. Too bad.
    "The misfortune of many is the consolation of fools" Ancient proverb

Finally tracked down what I think is the original release. The above was a release about a release. Sorry 'bout that. But it did quote the critical item.

https://news.starbucks.com/news/livi...ncertain-times

They can white wash this anyway they want but the bottom line is they did this as a publicity stunt. They did this while President Trump was asserting his presidential powers to protect the country and it backfired on them, by trying to make a political statement for all the SJW's out there.

`Still never giving them my business.

Stand your ground and stay with the boycott. They need to join the ranks of Target who I expect will cling to their ideas and go under in the next three or so months.

Me neither. Starsucks is dead to me.
    Happy is the Nation whose God is the Lord. -Psalm 33:12

Ztarbuck can kiss my azz....
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

Finally tracked down what I think is the original release. The above was a release about a release. Sorry 'bout that. But it did quote the critical item.

https://news.starbucks.com/news/livi...ncertain-times

The Starbuck statement was last edited YESTERDAY...

No, sorry. That what I saw yesterday. Rather TODAY.

Modified March 20, 2017, 10:18:34 AM
    The memory hole is thusly made endlessly deep.

I'll take screen shots using Paint and showing yer clock in the lower RH corner for a handful of grain Alex.

To check the update status of any page, get to a clear page space (without any pix or text) and right click your mouse. Left click "View Page Info" to see all sorts of information. A page update may or may not affect the information you're basing your political opinions on - but better you use more than one source.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

" the company would "start this effort here in the U.S. by making the initial focus of our hiring efforts on those individuals who have served with U.S. troops as interpreters and support personnel in the various countries where our military has asked for such support....: (Snip)"

So, he fancy dances with the words, "Individuals who have SERVED WITH U.S. troops as interpreters and Support Personnel where our military has asked such support".

That's a twisted way of saying that Starbucks is Still going to hire people from other countries to make our coffee.

Not hire troops, but the people from other countries who were used as support for our troops.

Ok Schultz, 'Mr. Twister', we're not as stupid as you think we are.

How very patronizing of Shultz to imply that the very people who pay for his coffee which keeps him in business, don't have a clue as to what his statement means.

Nice try.

But he missed the mark when he wanted to appear to Sound like he was hiring vets. V

They need to be concerned w selling coffee and STFU. They will never have my business ever bc they're NTI -Not Too Intelligent. If they want to make social change they should do it at home with Americans. Forget the bull crap they're trying to blow up everyone's arse. I hope they fail miserably period.
    The Operative: “The path to peace is paved with corpses. It’s always been so.”

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

I didn't go to all this trouble to look for a quote that didn't exist. I knew it did and it has not been "edited".

So some corp says it is going to emphasize hiring refugees that helped American troops and all I see on this forum is curses?

How long has this forum been in Chuck Shumer's employ? Because the Cultural Left wants it hammered home that any cooperation with America is fatal. Thanks alot fellas. You walked right into it.

Sitting here reading this thread at Starbucks sipping my triple espresso on ice (i add splenda and milk at the bar)...

Quote Originally Posted by Troke View Post
    I didn't go to all this trouble to look for a quote that didn't exist. I knew it did and it has not been "edited".

So some corp says it is going to emphasize hiring refugees that helped American troops and all I see on this forum is curses?

How long has this forum been in Chuck Shumer's employ? Because the Cultural Left wants it hammered home that any cooperation with America is fatal. Thanks alot fellas. You walked right into it.
    Hardly. I don't believe it. Doesn't fit with their PC history. Remember the "Conversation About Race"? Anything re. serving with the troops is obvious insincerity. They spun it to try to please everyone. Not everyone is that gullible.

Troke, given your statement yesterday I actually tried to get to a statement made by Starbucks from BEFORE the bruhaha. Starbucks apparently DID start this sponsorship of refugee military supporters back in 2015.

But the worst part was - every page, including those originally from 2015 had been re-written since January 29, 2017 which is when the fallout occurred.

Leading one to a thought that one CANNOT view the Internet with any expectation of informational solidity.

So based on the unreliability of information, I chose yesterday to make no reply.

The Internet is a fabulous resource, no doubt - but it is a library written like Owner's Wife's finger in the sand as she explained the alphabet to her children. And this includes (unfortunately) such things as "Wayback Machine" and other heavily edited sites which pretend to be something more permanent than what they really are.

Like a Star Wars movie, The Internet is being endlessly remade. It is a fact of bytes.

Wikipedia I trust more than others despite their left lean. At least there exists a "revision history" where one can see who and why information was modified.

Corporate web sites not so much. Corporations do ANYTHING to appear gracious, politically correct, working hard for YOU, and a whole host of "motherhood & apple pie" common sense realities. That is: Realities as they picture themselves flatteringly. In truth, the corporate bottom line is all they exist for EXCEPT when a corporate officer of short sighted social goals decides to make his company website his sounding board - and thus makes his statement averse to that bottom line. As it seems in this case.

I think another respondent said it best: "However highly intentioned - Starbucks still advocates bringing foreigners into this country."

And therein lies the umbrage among the non-Schumer. Do this enough times for enough reasons and you (we?) don't have a country anymore - it becomes THEIR country.

Americans need to better appreciate their birthright. That which is too freely given away is not appreciated by EITHER the recipient OR the giver.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

It's nice that Starbucks wants to employ refugees here in the U.S. Maybe that will keep a few of them off welfare. On the other hand, it's too bad Starbucks believes that illegals should be in the U.S., and I don't mean the refugees.
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

CEOs should Stick to the product
    And Don't sell politics or propaganda

Instead of promoting home goods and family fashion the CEOs at Target and Maceys committed business suicide by promoting social change and agendas

I compartmentalize
    I get my political news from politics rallys and meetings and groceries from grocers and clothes from clothing stores
    I dont LIKE Walmart Super Centers for just that reason and the Waltons manage to stay Out of the news and focus on sales and growth

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...n-next-5-years

(Snip) "...In a letter to current employees on Sunday, Schultz said the company would "start this effort here in the U.S. by making the initial focus of our hiring efforts on those individuals who have served with U.S. troops as interpreters and support personnel in the various countries where our military has asked for such support....: (Snip)

Unfortunately, they then screwed it up by including a bunch of stuff that really attracted the eye away from this. Too bad.
    So they wanna hire mozlems. I get it.

BTW Here's the full text of the original self-immolation statement, ETA apparently "modified" to try to make it not look so bad.

January 29, 2017 Company
    Message from Howard Schultz to Starbucks Partners: Living Our Values in Uncertain Times

Dear partners,

I write to you today with deep concern, a heavy heart and a resolute promise. Let me begin with the news that is immediately in front of us: we have all been witness to the confusion, surprise and opposition to the Executive Order that President Trump issued on Friday, effectively banning people from several predominantly Muslim countries from entering the United States, including refugees fleeing wars. I can assure you that our Partner Resources team has been in direct contact with the partners who are impacted by this immigration ban, and we are doing everything possible to support and help them to navigate through this confusing period.

We are living in an unprecedented time, one in which we are witness to the conscience of our country, and the promise of the American Dream, being called into question. These uncertain times call for different measures and communication tools than we have used in the past. Kevin and I are going to accelerate our commitment to communicating with you more frequently, including leveraging new technology platforms moving forward. I am hearing the alarm you all are sounding that the civility and human rights we have all taken for granted for so long are under attack, and want to use a faster, more immediate form of communication to engage with you on matters that concern us all as partners.

I also want to take this opportunity to announce specific actions we are taking to reinforce our belief in our partners around the world and to ensure you are clear that we will neither stand by, nor stand silent, as the uncertainty around the new Administration’s actions grows with each passing day:
    Support for DACA: As I wrote to Senators Graham and Durbin this week, we are enthusiastically behind their work to support “Dreamers” across our country – including those young men and women who are part of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. There are nearly three quarters of a million hardworking people contributing to our communities and our economy because of this program. At Starbucks, we are proud to call them partners and to help them realize their own American Dream. We want them to feel welcome and included in our success, which is why we reimburse them for the biennial fee they must pay to stay in the program and why we have offered DACA-related services at our Opportunity Youth hiring fairs.

Hiring Refugees: We have a long history of hiring young people looking for opportunities and a pathway to a new life around the world. This is why we are doubling down on this commitment by working with our equity market employees as well as joint venture and licensed market partners in a concerted effort to welcome and seek opportunities for those fleeing war, violence, persecution and discrimination. [who on earth is discriminating against moslems so that they flee here? What a sick freak this guy is.] There are more than 65 million citizens of the world recognized as refugees by the United Nations, and we are developing plans to hire 10,000 of them over five years in the 75 countries around the world where Starbucks does business. And we will start this effort here in the U.S. by making the initial focus of our hiring efforts on those individuals who have served with U.S. troops as interpreters and support personnel in the various countries where our military has asked for such support.

Building Bridges, Not Walls, With Mexico: We have been open for business in Mexico since 2002, and have since opened almost 600 stores in 60 cities across the country, which together employ over 7,000 Mexican partners who proudly wear the green apron. We have sourced coffee from Mexico’s producers and their families for three decades and last fall, we also announced the creation of a farmer support center in Chiapas to help accelerate our collective ability to grow and export some of the world’s finest coffees from this important growing region, while donating more than $2 million to support the livelihood, food security and water quality of coffee producing communities in Oaxaca. With the support of thousands of Starbucks partners and millions of customers, we have also donated over a million coffee trees to support 70,000 families, and we will be expanding the initiative this year to generate another 4 million tree donations. Coffee is what unites our common heritage, and as I told Alberto Torrado, the leader of our partnership with Alsea in Mexico, we stand ready to help and support our Mexican customers, partners and their families as they navigate what impact proposed trade sanctions, immigration restrictions and taxes might have on their business and their trust of Americans. But we will continue to invest in this critically important market all the same.

Our Healthcare Commitment to You:
    Finally, let me restate what we have recently communicated with you about the Affordable Care Act – our commitment remains that if you are benefits eligible, you will always have access to health insurance through Starbucks. Many of you have expressed concerns that recent government actions may jeopardize your ability to participate in the Affordable Care Act. If the recent Executive Order related to health care remains in place and the Affordable Care Act is repealed causing you to lose your healthcare coverage, you will always have the ability to return and can do so within 30 days of losing that coverage rather than having to wait for an open enrollment period. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Benefits Center at 877-728-9236.
    In the face of recent events around the world, let me assure you that we will stay true to our values and do everything we can possibly do to support and invest in every partner’s well-being while taking the actions that are squarely within our ability to control. This is our focus: providing a Third Place of respite for those around the world who seek it, daily.

Starbucks has and will always stand for opportunity – opportunity for our young people who are working to land their first job in the 75 countries where we do business, opportunity for our farmers who care so deeply for the highest of quality coffee we offer to customers all around the globe, and yes, opportunity for those who come to America in search of their own fresh start – whether that is with Starbucks directly, or through our suppliers or our partner companies.

If there is any lesson to be learned over the last year, it’s that your voice and your vote matter more than ever. We are all obligated to ensure our elected officials hear from us individually and collectively. Starbucks is doing its part; we need you to use the collective power of your voices to do the same while respecting the diverse viewpoints of the 90 million customers who visit our stores in more than 25,000 locations around the world.

So, while we seek to understand what the new Administration’s policies mean for us and our business both domestically and around the world, I can assure you that we will do whatever it takes to support you, our partners, to realize your own dreams and achieve your own opportunities. We are in business to inspire and nurture the human spirit, one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time – whether that neighborhood is in a Red State or a Blue State; a Christian country or a Muslim country; a divided nation or a united nation. That will not change. You have my word on that.

Onward, [Like "FORWARD" - traditional commiepuke slogal!]

Howard
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

start this effort here in the U.S. by making the initial focus of our hiring efforts on those individuals who have served with U.S. troops
    And then when they run out of those after a couple hundred, then it'll be the regular Somali/Sudanese/"Syrian" young mozlem males.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

why support Starbucks under any conditions? - you don't need an excuse - Shultz, the CEO/owner of Starbucks is a very high mucky muck of the DNC party - he was inline to run as VP with Hellery - top DNC prez candidate in 2020 to oppose Prez Trump ....

why feed the demise of the USA?
    Illini Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Yogizorch View Post
    `Still never giving them my business.

never HAVE and never WILL patronize 'em

Quote Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
    They can white wash this anyway they want but the bottom line is they did this as a publicity stunt. They did this while President Trump was asserting his presidential powers to protect the country and it backfired on them, by trying to make a political statement for all the SJW's out there.
    Yep, and they're hiring foreigners: Afghans, Iraquis, Somalis, Pakis, etc.Countries where bathing is done once a month whether it's needed or not, and they wipe the shit off their asses with their hand after squatting on the toilet seat. Enjoy that special flavor in your Coffee, snowflakes!