Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ENVR California's Lake Oroville Dam Spillway Suffers Major Damage - UPDATE, post 7241
+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 184 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,320 of 7331
    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Growing up in the mountains of northern Ca, we often scurfed the rivers. It's really a fun sport. Now it's probably called something else and one can probably buy the boards. We had to make our own out of plywood and what ever we could find. First you tie a rope to a tree that over hangs a bit the river where the water moves fast and is at least six feet deep. The rope can be as long as 30 feet plus or minus. Then you tie that to the front of your board. Then you tie a short rope from the same hole so you can have a rein to hold on to. Once you get good surfing under the water is easy, and then when you surface back up you can jump completely out of the water. Also jumping white water eddies near swels by huge under water rocks one can get huge air. Circa, 1980+
    West, did your dare devil water look like this? http://www.parks.ca.gov/live/lakeorovillesra_spillway Looking at the spillway cam, it's a hoax of the guy surfing down the spillway. IMHO, that's suicide. No way would he know where the dragoin's teeth were.
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Thought one of the slabs according to recent posts near the bottom of the MS was suspect, presumably it has held out............

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    West, did your dare devil water look like this? http://www.parks.ca.gov/live/lakeorovillesra_spillway Looking at the spillway cam, it's a hoax of the guy surfing down the spillway. IMHO, that's suicide. No way would he know where the dragoin's teeth were.
    Oh, I know that was fake. Just brought back memories.

Here is what I'm talking about...

https://youtu.be/BA6Px5iAFjo

Once you get good, you can push the boards nose down and surf under the water for a bit, then pull up and shoot out gaining lots of air. In the above piece the current was mild. We did this on faster and deeper waters.

California's Oroville Dam in Risk of Collapse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1DO6CVBzgA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1DO6CVBzgA

RT 4.37

In short...."Panic now and avoid the rush."
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

I have been distracted by local elections here for our Supreme Court and lost track of updates, saw it elsewhere. Thanks for keeping this thread filled with current situation reports!!!

Releases from Oroville Dam spillway to increase Friday

Water cascades down the Oroville Dam spillway where it hits the baffles at the bottom of the concrete structure on April 2, 2019 in Oroville. (Matt Bates — Enterprise-Record)
    By Chico Enterprise-Record |
    PUBLISHED: April 4, 2019 at 2:52 pm | UPDATED: April 4, 2019 at 2:53 pm

OROVILLE — The state Department of Water Resources plans to increase releases from the newly reconstructed Oroville Dam spillway in light of forecasted storms.

The department intends to ramp up releases from 10,800 cubic-feet per second, or cfs, to 21,500 cfs starting at 10 a.m. Friday. The spillway is one of several components within the Lake Oroville facility to alleviate rising lake levels. Total increases into the Feather River will go up to 30,000 cfs at the same time.*

*If releases from the spillway exceed 30,000 cfs, Oroville Dam Boulevard East will be closed to the general public, with credentialed media still provided access, according to DWR. Otherwise, it should remain open.

(*DWR closes down E. Oro Dam because the water sprays across the roadway causing visibility problems for motorists and to keep lookey lous away. Mostly the later.)

DWR experts and federal and state regulators agree the spillway is performing as designed, according to a press release from the department.

“DWR has followed its standard process of notifying regulatory agencies, local law enforcement and local elected officials regarding this change in operations,” the press release states. “The Department will continue to update the public, media and local partners through emails, news releases and social media.”

Lake Oroville was at 854-feet elevation of its 900-feet capacity on Wednesday.

To sign up for community notifications, contact oroville@water.ca.gov. California State Parks offers a live video feed of the spillway that can be found at https://www.parks.ca.gov/live/lakeorovillesra_spillway.

https://www.chicoer.com/2019/04/04/r...crease-friday/
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

I don't believe anything will happen to the spillway, here's the stats:

The concrete on the original spillway chute was an average thickness of 2 feet 8 inches. The new spillway chute is about three times as thick, an average of 7 feet, 6 inches thick.

The rebar on the original spillway was 4 million pounds. The rebar on the new spillway is three times that, at more than 12 million pounds.

The main spillway has more than half a million cubic yards of concrete. That's enough to build a 5 and a half foot sidewalk from Oroville to Amarillo, Texas.

Department of Water Resources will hold a news conference at 9 a.m. Tuesday to explain details of the water release. KRCR News Channel 7 will have live coverage on the KRCR Facebook page.

https://krcrtv.com/news/butte-county...t-time-tuesday

So I guess the spillway held up. Still muse that if ever the earth filled dammed lakes in California are full when/if a good size Earthquakes hits really close...say one better learn to surf

So I guess the spillway held up. Still muse that if ever the earth filled dammed lakes in California are full when/if a good size Earthquakes hits really close...say one better learn to surf
    There's an earthquake fault running right through Lake Oroville from south to north. It's called the Miner's Ranch fault. It was discovered long after the dam was built by Beale Air Force pilots. If you dont have anything else to do, here's the study from 2010 by South Feather River Water and Power. Oroville gets their drinking water from Miner's Ranch Reservoir aka Saddle Dam. The fault is capable of a 6.5 earthquake.

http://southfeather.com/assets/2013/...12-01-2010.pdf

Kiewit did a lot of blasting up by the dam during the reconstruction of the spillway. It probably did some jarring of the dam and hillside bedrock, and no doubt weakened some areas. But we'll only hear happy good news from TPTB. They can always blame the earthquake fault - in other words they will blame God as an act of nature if the dam fails. I'm safe if the dam goes, if Miner's Ranch reservoir goes, we're all screwed up here. Get in line and take your chances. I don't allow fear to rule my life. People here are scared of the mountain lions running around. I told them to move back to the burbs and deal with the two legged mountain lions.

1250 flood control dams. This was ONE.
    Maintenance has been comparable on the others too I assume.
    That's a lot to go wrong. A lot of places too.
    After 2+ years of this damn dam, I truly hope they got it right.
    Time will tell.

Jeff
    Strange times are causing stranger measures...

1Cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.
    I Believe in a Just God.

Here's a new video someone took of the Oroville Dam Spillway and the east side of the dam 4/4. The video footage where you see a red tile roof, was taken on Beckwourth Ct. There's homes that have a nice full view of the lake. The guy who took the video drove 50 miles to tape the spillway. You can see sites along Hwy 70 and 65. Through Wheatland, then Marysville, and onto Oroville. The road I have spoken about many times is E. Oro Dam which takes you below the spillway for viewing. You can see how windy and narrow the road is. There's a few facts he has wrong like where the water ends up. It doesn't end up in the Pacific Ocean. The water travels down and meets the Sacramento River then dumps into the San Joaquin River, then into the Aqueduct located in Tracy. Then on down to S. California and to farmers along the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_nL7NKyGcs

About 9 minutes long

Here's a new video someone took of the Oroville Dam Spillway and the east side of the dam 4/4. The video footage where you see a red tile roof, was taken on Beckwourth Ct. There's homes that have a nice full view of the lake. The guy who took the video drove 50 miles to tape the spillway. You can see sites along Hwy 70 and 65. Through Wheatland, then Marysville, and onto Oroville. The road I have spoken about many times is E. Oro Dam which takes you below the spillway for viewing. You can see how windy and narrow the road is. There's a few facts he has wrong like where the water ends up. It doesn't end up in the Pacific Ocean. The water travels down and meets the Sacramento River then dumps into the San Joaquin River, then into the Aqueduct located in Tracy. Then on down to S. California and to farmers along the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_nL7NKyGcs

About 9 minutes long
    Thanks for posting!

After two years. I remember most of those places now.

It's nice seeing them from a first person perspective.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Looks like they are trying to close the gates? Following Jack in VA on twitter https://twitter.com/Jack_in_VA

“Same amount of water as two Niagra Falls!”
    ” Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man”
    Luke 21:36

COLLAPSE NOW: avoid the rush

Any updates? The spring Weather is happening and snowpack is melting and that spillway should be getting a serious workout.

Found the flow site again.
    http://cdec.water.ca.gov/dynamicapp/...9&span=12hours

Current levels and flows.
    Looks like it's under control to me.

I've seen some "Danger Will Robinson" statements around, but....
    Hoping for continued, solidity.

Jeff
    Attached Images
    Strange times are causing stranger measures...

1Cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.
    I Believe in a Just God.

The lake is rising, the power house is keeping up with the rise. There's lots of driftwood on the lake right now but they're removing it as usual. DWR said that they would let the lake rise (full) for this season. Maybe to let the RCC cure? All is well, the usual retards are talking about the green patch. They just don't get it, they have never seen the "green patch." There's poppies, wildflowers, and the pesty star thistle that grows on the side of the dam. It's an earthen dam isn't it? By July 1, it will all be brown. The only 2 things that would take the dam out is an earthquake, or the gates won't open and water goes over the emergency spillway (which I don't trust or the gates). Time will tell.

The lake is rising, the power house is keeping up with the rise. There's lots of driftwood on the lake right now but they're removing it as usual. DWR said that they would let the lake rise (full) for this season. Maybe to let the RCC cure? All is well, the usual retards are talking about the green patch. They just don't get it, they have never seen the "green patch." There's poppies, wildflowers, and the pesty star thistle that grows on the side of the dam. It's an earthen dam isn't it? By July 1, it will all be brown. The only 2 things that would take the dam out is an earthquake, or the gates won't open and water goes over the emergency spillway (which I don't trust or the gates). Time will tell.
    That star thistle is a invasive species and is a worse environmental hazard than the dam.

All the best..

That star thistle is a invasive species and is a worse environmental hazard than the dam.

All the best..
    Yeah I agree. The biggest problem with it is that it grows in the worse soil and the driest soil (it doesn't like water). Butterflies and goldfinches love it and is a good source of food for them. So, there's good and bad. Growing on the side of the dam isn't so much as a hazard as DWR not doing maintenance. I think that's all changed - for now.

Got this from a friend through their Facebook: Dispelling Myths about the Oroville Dam

The lake level is almost at 886. It will be at 886 tomorrow. DWR is allowing the lake to rise, more water is coming into the lake than going out. Bass fishermen are happy.

Lake levels:

https://cdec.water.ca.gov/dynamicapp...04&span=30days

Youtube video of Debunking Myths of the Oroville Dam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHv4tywsAUw

5:00 minutes long

I have been watching the "crisis" unfold and I check every day for this thread to pop up. Thanks for bumping it. You are not concerned about them shutting it down and not running it at all? It seems something is going on which we are not being told which is likely par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by winodog View Post
    I have been watching the "crisis" unfold and I check every day for this thread to pop up. Thanks for bumping it. You are not concerned about them shutting it down and not running it at all? It seems something is going on which we are not being told which is likely par for the course.
    No winodog, nothing is going on here with the spillway or the dam. The same conspiracy theorists back when the spillway blew apart, are the same morons spewing misinformation. Fine, they can say whatever they want, but they are flat out liars. The two nut jobs on Agenda 21 radio are your typical conspiracy theorists. They like any talk show host depend on sponsors and listeners. Tell the most outlandish lies, get it on the internet with more wackos spewing the lies, and that's how you get listeners. Here's Juan Brownes latest update on Oroville Dam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDMCbnViGF4

6:39 minutes long

We've got more rain on the way. Had lots of rain and wind last night. More coming Saturday and Sunday. They will be opening up the gates very soon.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/ButteShe...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Kory L. Honea

Kory L. Honea became the 31st Sheriff of Butte County in May 2014. Prior to becoming the Sheriff, Honea served as the Undersheriff for nearly four years. Sheriff Honea began his career with the Butte County Sheriff's Office in 1993, when he was hired as a deputy sheriff. Prior to that Sheriff Honea was employed by the Shasta County Sheriff's Office. During his law enforcement career Sheriff Honea has held assignments in corrections, patrol and investigations. In 2000, Sheriff Honea transferred to the District Attorney's Office as an investigator. While at the District Attorney's Office, Sheriff Honea promoted through the ranks to become the Chief Investigator in 2008. Sheriff Honea held that position until his return to the Sheriff's Office as Undersheriff in 2010. Sheriff Honea holds a Juris Doctorate from the Taft School of Law and is a member of the State Bar of California. He also holds an Associate of Arts degree from Butte College. Sheriff Honea has extensive law enforcement training certified by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST).

http://www.buttecounty.net/sheriffcoroner/sheriff

All the best..
    I hope----that "isn'T" the type of "thistle" they put into "thistle" BIRD SEED, is it?

I just bought and put some out in all my feeders this past month on the recc of a local bird supply store...
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrymouse View Post
    I hope----that "isn'T" the type of "thistle" they put into "thistle" BIRD SEED, is it?

I just bought and put some out in all my feeders this past month on the recc of a local bird supply store...
    About Nyjer

Nyjer is a small, thin, black seed from the African yellow daisy (Guizotia abyssinica). Though it is not related to the thistle plant, Nyjer is often referred to casually as "thistle seed." High in oil, it is a nutritious source of energy for backyard birds and is one of the most popular types of birdseed. Depending on crops, import prices and retailer options, however, it can also be one of the most expensive birdseeds. To lower the cost, many backyard birders prefer to offer Nyjer in limited quantities or will choose specialized feeders to ensure the seed is not accidentally spilled and wasted. Nyjer is also often found in finch mix or canary birdseed blends, often with sunflower chips or small millet seeds that also appeal to the birds that eat Nyjer. Because these mixes have smaller proportions of Nyjer, they are often less expensive than pure thistle seed.

https://www.thespruce.com/birds-that...er-seed-386533

The goldfinches will feed on the Star thistle and the wild purple thistle. They'll also eat artichokes that have gone to seed. Sometimes I'll buy the Nyjer socks to attract the goldfinches. I have no idea how they know that thistle seed is in those socks. We've pretty much eradicated the Star thistle on our property, I think the wild turkey's helped with that.

No winodog, nothing is going on here with the spillway or the dam. The same conspiracy theorists back when the spillway blew apart, are the same morons spewing misinformation. Fine, they can say whatever they want, but they are flat out liars. The two nut jobs on Agenda 21 radio are your typical conspiracy theorists. They like any talk show host depend on sponsors and listeners. Tell the most outlandish lies, get it on the internet with more wackos spewing the lies, and that's how you get listeners. Here's Juan Brownes latest update on Oroville Dam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDMCbnViGF4

6:39 minutes long

We've got more rain on the way. Had lots of rain and wind last night. More coming Saturday and Sunday. They will be opening up the gates very soon.
    Well said Bardou!

I detest bald face liars and internet hucksters.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    Well said Bardou!

I detest bald face liars and internet hucksters.
    Well, yes and no. When it comes to Northern California. In the area I grew up in has indeed been mostly devastated by the killing of the loggen, and milling industry. Also the mining and farming industries are being destroyed too. More so the livestock farmers, especially the ones who have lost their water rights do to fish that never was..

What's left now is the pot industry, and of course silicone Valley and government or government related/granted/compliance crony capitalism.

The whole state is going into the sewer, and as ones small old car registration tops $150 a year just to register and several hundred to keep smoged every few years, soon they will not even be able to live in their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrymouse View Post

You should be ok, different type of thistle.

But here is a good piece on the invasive type and is truly a environmental hazerd in California...

https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/govern...-management#ag

Well, yes and no. When it comes to Northern California. In the area I grew up in has indeed been mostly devastated by the killing of the loggen, and milling industry. Also the mining and farming industries are being destroyed too. More so the livestock farmers, especially the ones who have lost their water rights do to fish that never was..

What's left now is the pot industry, and of course silicone Valley and government or government related/granted/compliance crony capitalism.

The whole state is going into the sewer, and as ones small old car registration tops $150 a year just to register and several hundred to keep smoged every few years, soon they will not even be able to live in their cars.
    Which part isn't true? I said nothing about car registrations, we're talking about the dam and the a$$holes blowing smoke up everyone's butt with the conspiracy crap. I can post a few links of the wackos talking smack, but I won't give them the attention. I've had 2 people contact me via PM about these conspiracy nutjobs. One of the nut jobs lives in Australia. LMAO! What does this person living thousands of miles away know about the Oroville Dam and acting like they live right here. I'm like Sarah Palin...I can see it from my house!

Which part isn't true? I said nothing about car registrations, we're talking about the dam and the a$$holes blowing smoke up everyone's butt with the conspiracy crap. I can post a few links of the wackos talking smack, but I won't give them the attention. I've had 2 people contact me via PM about these conspiracy nutjobs. One of the nut jobs lives in Australia. LMAO! What does this person living thousands of miles away know about the Oroville Dam and acting like they live right here. I'm like Sarah Palin...I can see it from my house!
    Oh, it's all good , I'm just sore that my beloved home state has been so mis managed.... you know.

And your right, about the chicken littles who speak out of their areas.

All the best.

Oh, it's all good , I'm just sore that my beloved home state has been so mis managed.... you know.

And your right, about the chicken littles who speak out of their areas.

All the best.
    Yes, I know...wait until they see the stats for today, and the latest is not out. They're going to let it go to 900 feet, but they'll be releasing sooner than they say. They aren't that good at managing this stuff.

https://cdec.water.ca.gov/dynamicapp...17&span=30days

I don't trust them, I don't trust the gates, and I don't trust the ES. More rain is on the way......dang and we just had our weeds whacked down. We get the church in town who helps drug addicts get back on their feet. They get room and board and a little bit for their personal needs. They're polite but we still keep a watchful eye.

Speaking of dams here is the latest on four dams that are being removed in California and Oregon...

https://www.capitalpress.com/ag_sect...83247eaa1.html

They say it's to save the fish, but that's a lie. Also it will flood out hundreds of if not over a thousand of private properties and communities down river effecting thousands of people over all.

Note, I'm not saying that when they take the dams out it will flood the communities from the demolitions. But when they have another flooding rain system come in (like in 1997) those communities and private river property owners will be washed away. The dams provided bigly flood controls.

Speaking of dams here is the latest on four dams that are being removed in California and Oregon...

https://www.capitalpress.com/ag_sect...83247eaa1.html

They say it's to save the fish, but that's a lie. Also it will flood out hundreds of if not over a thousand of private properties and communities down river effecting thousands of people over all.

Note, I'm not saying that when they take the dams out it will flood the communities from the demolitions. But when they have another flooding rain system come in (like in 1997) those communities and private river property owners will be washed away. The dams provided bigly flood controls.
    That's why Oroville Dam was built. Yuba City during the 50's was under water. I think the dismantling of the dams was Brown's doing...not sure. Brown's property is downstream of Shasta Dam, he'll get his come uppins if he cdoesn't die first.

IIRC, the removal of dams is part of Agenda 21-30. Part of its evil plan.

... in the Sheriffs post above, he signs off at the bottom:
    SHERIFF - CORONER.

He's got a job both coming and going!
    “The great enemy of truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”
    John F. Kennedy

Well, Barbou, Doomer Doug gets five facts out of all of this.
    One: The lake level has been rising the last few days.
    Two: The outflow level is lower than the inflow level, 11,178 outflow, versus 19,178 inflow.
    Third: The dam will breach at 901 feet.
    Four: When that happens, we know the result based on what happened before. The emergency spillway will erode away, and the main spillway may very well collapse.
    Five: Given the dismal record of the California Dam authorities, with all the manipulation, disinformation, misleading and deceptive information they have released for the entire duration of the crisis, I DON'T TAKE THEIR ASSERTIONS THERE IS NO DANGER OF A DAM BREACH SERIOUSLY.

Again, once the dam reaches 901 feet, a mere 10 feet from now, and which will "potentially," happen once all this inbound "atmospheric stream of water," gets there, I think concern is warranted. Now if people think that is "Doom Porn," so be it. I deal in facts, period.

Based on what happened last time, I see a potential for the lake level to exceed 901 feet, and we all know what that means.

Keep your galoshes handy, Barbou.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by ltd View Post
    ... in the Sheriffs post above, he signs off at the bottom:
    SHERIFF - CORONER.

He's got a job both coming and going!
    That's why we love the man! Best Sheriff ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    Well, Barbou, Doomer Doug gets five facts out of all of this.
    One: The lake level has been rising the last few days.
    Two: The outflow level is lower than the inflow level, 11,178 outflow, versus 19,178 inflow.
    Third: The dam will breach at 901 feet.
    Four: When that happens, we know the result based on what happened before. The emergency spillway will erode away, and the main spillway may very well collapse.
    Five: Given the dismal record of the California Dam authorities, with all the manipulation, disinformation, misleading and deceptive information they have released for the entire duration of the crisis, I DON'T TAKE THEIR ASSERTIONS THERE IS NO DANGER OF A DAM BREACH SERIOUSLY.

Again, once the dam reaches 901 feet, a mere 10 feet from now, and which will "potentially," happen once all this inbound "atmospheric stream of water," gets there, I think concern is warranted. Now if people think that is "Doom Porn," so be it. I deal in facts, period.

Based on what happened last time, I see a potential for the lake level to exceed 901 feet, and we all know what that means.

Keep your galoshes handy, Barbou.
    DoomerDoug: Why would the main spillway collapse? It's been completely rebuilt, inspected, it's already been used this season and nothing happened. Rebar was used this time, I saw the films of it. I don't trust the ES nor do I trust the gates - never have and never will. I've seen water trickle over the ES, even saw a piece of driftwood teeter on top of it for weeks and weeks. This is different, it's in a highly controlled situation. They know exactly when to open the gates but they have to coordinate that event with the other dams in the other. - specifically Shasta dam. Release too much water puts downstream in jeopardy of flooding and eroding farming land like it did in 2017. In 2017 DWR had not choice - TSHTF. Give me facts not hypotheses. They'll be opening up those gates very soon. I noticed today that the river is running high. I'm not worried at all...I don't live downstream.

Fair enough, Barbou. My understanding is you still have the original emergency spillway, which is what eroded dangerously, and nearly took down the dam. The emergency spillway was never done correctly, back in the 1960's when the dam was built. So, the first issue is what happens once the water level reaches 901 feet and breaches the dam top? I'm assuming you will see a catastrophic erosion event happen, just like nearly happened the last time the dam was breached. Unless something changed, I don't see anything different happening this time, related to erosion, than happened last time.

Next, the original spillway, the concrete one, with all the slabs, and the blocked excess water ports, has now, "they" say, been "fixed," Like I said, I'm not sure I believe them. There have been multiple pictures showing water leakage between, and underneath various slaps on the main spillway. It is also my understand, and you can verify this for me, Barbou, that when "they," did a flow test of the main spillway, they had to ramp down the water flow, which is way lower than the maximum amount it should be. Further, as of right now the water level is a staggering 891, which is a mere ten feet below the 901 foot breach level. Again, the inflow rate is higher than the outflow rate, and I assume if "they" could match outflow to inflow they would do, but they aren't. It seems to me there must be something wrong with the main spillway, or else they would be maxing the outflow, over the main spillway.

The bottom line to me is the water level is rising, a massive amount of rain is inbound, and even more massive snow melt will happen soon. I add all of that up and see the potential for a real disaster here.

So, again facts be facts, and the facts don't look good. It looks to me the water level will reach 901 feet, breach the dam,and then, well we know what will happen then.

http://oroville.lakesonline.com/Level/
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU