Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Story Repent, or Repeat
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Get back and check, Bonus! Thank you Mrs. Pac.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Thank you Mrs Pac.

Pac, first of all, thank you for picking back up on your telling of the story. I had been missing the clan's comings and goings!

I am cautiously optimistic that Seamus is a good guy. I'm not ready to hand him my money belt and take a sleeping pill just yet, but so far he's saying/doing the right things. Eager to see where this goes
    It's kinda hard to work within the system when it's a septic system.

Thanks very much Pac!
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

Thank you Pac.
    Seamus has a magic bag of tricks and can control weather, but he didn't know much about the clan.
    I guess he doesn't know what his future will be, even though he has a direct line to the Creator. Clora has a different direct line, and other gifts.
    I can't wait to see what happens next.
    Thank you for your story.

Thank you ❤
    I didn't really bounce Eeyore. I had a cough, and I happened to be behind Eeyore, and I said "Grrrr-oppp-ptschschschz."

Thank you Pac, you never cease to amaze me with your story.

Wayne

I'm going to chime in here while I have a few extra moments. Been too busy. Or too sick. Or both.

Love your new story, Pac!! Am so glad to read more about the clan! I miss reading about Clora and Mark in the middle of everything, but am really enjoying seeing how their kids are shaping up! Thanks much for all the wonderful writing you do and for keeping us on the edge of our seats! God is truly blessing your talents!!
    ( \ o / )
    / _ \

Sammy55:
    Following my Lord-
    Where He leads me,
    What He wants of me,
    Who He wants me to be.

The day turned hot and steamy, high humidity along with high temperatures. From 11am to 4pm. Toby walked his squad of men, mainly for Seamus's benefit. The large man was not in conditioned shape at all. Toby went point with Seamus right behind him. Milo to the left and Gary and the boy to the right. That way Gary's right hand with the rifle was always to the outside.

Milo was naturally left handed, so his weapon was on the outside. The group noted that human tracks crossed their original trail several times. So there were people getting out and about. The little black cloud seemed to follow them, raining out their tracks; a fact noted by all three Linderman men. Seamus seemed to pay no attention. The piper was concentrating on keeping up with the group, the rapid march using all his resources to stay with them.

Angel of God, or God, Himself, walking amongst men? Either way, I'd feel blessed out of my socks...

Thank-You, and God Bless You and Yours, Mrs. Pac!

Maranatha

OldARcher
    "Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.
    I can either read God's Word to you, or read it over you. Your choice. Either way, you will meet Jesus Christ. Condition "0," Code Red to Black- ALWAYS.
    Trump Supporter and Proud Founding Member of The Nowski Brigade- To the Hilt!!!

Thank you Pac, wow, what a puzzle. Who or what is Seamus.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Folks,

Sorry the postings have been so short. The two babies that are still here, go home this afternoon. The last three days have been very trying for all of us. They are really missing their parents.
    Heck, I'm even missing them!

Once upon a time many years ago, I'm sure that I came in contact with a person that I'm going to describe as a reluctant angel. If only I had been more aware, sigh.

That's what I'm picturing Seamus as being, a reluctant angel. Perhaps on a trial basis here on earth? If he measures up.........?

Pac, thank you so much for sharing more of the clan with us. It means the world to me. Many blessings to you.

Displaced hillbilly

Thank you Pac great story, always looking for more

Wayne

Thank you for the insight into Seamus Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

It was the hottest, dirtiest work. Practically double timing back to the retreat. Gary with an additional sixty or so pounds with the weight of the boy, set his teeth and powered through. When they stopped for the night, making camp at the first outward bound site they had used, Gary sat down and hung his head. If he hadn't been in excellent condition, he couldn't have made it.

All during the trot/run, the boy said not a word; simply clinging to Gary like a baby monkey. Both of them drank copious amounts of water, and Toby asked Milo and Seamus if they would use their filter straws and give Gary an extra round. They all worked together, seeing to the others comfort. Seamus was impressed.

The campsite had been used by unknowns, since they had been there; but it was a natural stream crossing and game trail intersection. Starting all over again, roads were placed where walking people could most easily cross natural barriers. Following game trails was another commonly used way to navigate the unmarked woods and plains.

Like the illusive woods animals, no one took the direct route across a clearing or meadow. Always keeping to the tree line, helped with shade and concealment. The group double timed the next morning while it was still relatively cool, then slowed to a walk during the heat of the day.

They were refilling water canteens when they heard a shot, far in the distance. The three Lindermans simply melted back into the dark shadows of the forest and Seamus was left wondering where the heck they had gone.

"Toby, he's standing out there like a dufus. Seamus get yourself back here into the shadows." Milo called out urgently, but no louder than necessary. Seamus ambled over to where he thought he had heard Milo's voice, and was surprised when Milo hit him full force from behind, pushing him down into the shadows.

"Don't pick this time to get stupid," The redheaded Linderman hissed. "What's the matter with you, you wanna die right here?"

Seamus was so out of breath and tired that he stared dully at Milo and finally shook his head. "No," he rolled with his usual accent. "Sorry, fuzzy feeling," and then the huge, burly Scot toppled over.

"Crap," Toby said with feeling, "I bet the three of us can't move that behemoth. I didn't realize he was that close to the edge. This sucks to be this close to home, and have a man down."

The three of them drug Seamus into a natural depression, bounded by downed trees on two sides. The three Lindermans had barely got into hiding cover, when another shot sounded.

"That one was much closer," Gary's almost silent voice ghosted between his brothers. "They're coming this way."

Milo was watching the situation, and spotted the deer running near the tree line across the meadow. To keep from being discovered, he made a split second defense decision. Thumbing the caps off the scope, he leveled up and shot with the silenced rifle, dropping the deer at the far edge of the clearing.

Toby and Gary nodded their thanks. But now,they were pinned down, until whomever had shot the deer, claimed it. At least Milo had kept them a quarter mile or so away from the concealed Lindermans.
    They weren't prepared for the ragged family that showed up, the two young men the hunters for the group.

Unfortunately, the band started a fire and proceeded to hack away at the fresh kill, and started venison, spit roasting. The breeze wafting the smell of cooking meat to the hungry explorers.

thank you Mrs. PAC

Nice morning start, well gotta get at it but I'll be hitting F5 as I can. :-)

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Someone else to drag back home? They are going to be exhausted. Thank you!

Thanks Pac for again blessing us with more of your story. Praying Gods Blessing for you and yours.

Wayne

I wonder where yesterdays post went to? and now I can't start another. Huh. Be back when I get it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by PacNorWest View Post
    I wonder where yesterdays post went to? and now I can't start another. Huh. Be back when I get it figured out.
    Pac, I can see a post from you yesterday at 7:29 am.
    Hope you can get it figured out soon! Thank you for the story.
    Visit me on Etsy: ModernMaille

Thank you juco.

I did have a post after that one. Obviously that was not the way the story was to go. Rethinking.

Thanks for keeping us informed Pac. Have a Blessed Day.

Wayne

The day drug on with agonizing slowness, the smell of cooking meat teasing and taunting the starving men, until the boy whimpered in hunger.

"What have we got, three or four more hours of daylight?" Gary asked as he patted the boy on the back in a clumsy effort to sympathize.

When Toby and Milo nodded, Gary told them what he intended to do. "I need Milo to take a long shot somewhere beyond that group; hit something that will take their attention looking in the opposite direction. Seamus and I will run from this grove of trees to the long arm of that other hunk of forest. We're the slowest, and will keep heading towards the retreat. You two will be able to catch us easily."

Toby was shaking his head no, as was Milo. "If that's what we do, we do together or not at all." Toby issued orders. "I know Gary that you're used to relying on your self and no one else, but not this time, It's together or nothing."

Milo was nodding vigorously. That meant the two co-captains were in agreement, no soldier went against that much authority. The breeze picked up and that wonderfully enticing meat smell wafted into their hiding spot once again. The boy whimpered again as a loud stomach rumble happened.

Toby and Milo looked at each other and came to a silent agreement. "I'll find a target," Milo said quietly, "and I'll get Seamus," Toby looked over toward the log bordered depression.

Milo found his target and Toby found Seamus awake, but looking like a very old and worn out man.
    "We have to move," Toby told the tired looking man. "At least out of the range of the cooking smells. None of us can handle the stress, especially the boy."

If Seamus intended to object, mention of the starving boy, sealed the pipers fate. Wordlessly, he nodded and got himself up.

The four got ready to move, staged at the rear of the tree copse, when Milo got ready to take his shot. He had noticed a wolf slinking along in the shadows, attracted by the cooking smells. At the same time there was a young girl walking across the open area to use the privacy of the woods.

It was agonizing, waiting for the wolf to make it's move. Finally the animal decided it had enough of an advantage to challenge the girl, and snarled. Drawing attention to itself, the large black animal, made it's presence known. The girl started screaming, drawing the attention of the entire family.

Milo waved the three to move, and he coolly waited for the wolf to spring. He shot it mid air the same time that one of the young boys with rifles shot. It was excellent cover, as Milo sprinted to the far tree line.

On the move, to put distance between them and the armed family, the band moved swiftly down the deer track toward a better hiding spot.

Seamus looked toward the family as they rushed around shouting and caused momentary confusion and blindness in the two hungry men that were watching the rag tag group cook the meat. The two additional watchers, undetected by the Linderman's.

Thank you Pac for sharing more of your gift with us, I pray for God to continue to bless you and yours. Have a Great day, God is in control.

Wayne

Nice twist! Have a good day.

Chap

thank you Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thank you...Two sets of eyes watching the meat cookers or the clan. Tune in next time to find out, maybe.

Thank You Mrs. Pac.

Thank you Pac.

Sully
    Got Jesus? It's hell without Him.

* When the People become scared of the government it's called Tyranny. When the government becomes scared of the people it's called LIBERTY!!*
    Thomas Jefferson

The band of four ran almost into full dark time. Milo remembered a large rock outcropping that would serve as an excellent backdrop, and with luck they reached the wall just as it was too dark to see. Once again Gary sat down with his back to the rock and slumped over. He was physically exhausted, hungry and thirsty. Toby broke light restrictions and used his flash light; as he and Milo went to the good sized stream to fill Gary's water bottles.

"He's a tough s o b," Milo grudgingly admitted, "I don't know if I could have packed that kid at a run for that long."

"All you have to do is look at his face, there's no way he would have left that kid there. Did you know Milo, that there was a brother between Gary and Lou that died? I'm wondering if this kid doesn't look like that brother. Something has certainly triggered a pretty fierce reaction in him," Toby whispered to the red headed brother.

"Whatever it is, I'm glad we didn't leave him, that would have given me night mares for years.." Milo said low and Toby nodded, not that Milo could see him in the dark. They made their way back to the pitch black camp.

"We need a fire to cook the potatoes," Gary said quietly. The boy on his chest was whimpering again, hunger forcing the sounds out of him in a pitiful, thin wail.

Toby didn't want a fire, but the boy's noises were bound to get worse as the night wore on. "Alright, I'll dig a Dakota hole, in fact, lets dig two and cook all the potatoes. That way they'll be ready to eat for breakfast. Holes were dug, fires started and it took over an hour for the potatoes to cook.

One of the tubers exploded, they had missed venting one of the potato's and it almost put the one fire out. Seamus, sat a little off to the side and watched the Linderman brothers work together. "Who ever trained you men did a good job, you work well side by side." That's what he meant to say, but it came out as a garbled mass of gibberish, rolled over by a Scottish brogue.

"Seamus, are you alright?" Toby quizzed the big man.

"No, fuzzy; it must be me belly agitating, protestin the lack of nourishment." once again, that's what his mind told his tongue to say, and it got off track.

"Seamus, I think you might have had a stroke, or a heart attack, the best we can do for ya is a couple of aspirin and rest." Toby took two of the largest potatoes out of the fire with his knife and took them over to the seated man. "Put some of this in your stomach, then I'll give you the aspirins," Toby remarked quietly. "Gary, lets get that boy fed, he's making quite a racket."

thank you Mrs. Pac

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Sure hope Seamus is gonna be OK

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thank you Mrs. Pac for all of the new chapters and the continuance of the story.

Thank you Pac

Wayne

Thank you for the bedtime story, I am loving the way it is going. Now I will totter off to bed.

Thank you so much Pac. I really hope Seamus will be alright.