Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Story Repent, or Repeat
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Thank you Pac.

Wayne

thanks, Mrs. PAC

managed to slip by and check and boom another gift. :-)

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Wow! A couple of additions! Thank you Dear Lady!
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

#15c

As it does when the sleeping conditions aren't ideal, morning came way too soon. It was deep cloudy and smelled like rain.
    Wood smoke hugged the ground and Milo was definitely smelling the smoke from another fire. Everyone got a cup of meat and then a cup of broth. The pot was emptied of bones and washed out, water straws were used to fill canteens and sports bottles from the creek.. Seamus's boots were examined and no one could identify the odd smell and what the leather might have been tanned with.

Shortly after first light they set out, following their noses to the source of the wood smoke. They walked steadily for an hour, not actually any closer to the source of the smoke. Gary was rear guard, as usual, and he informed Milo that the wolf was following them.

"He'll follow until he gets a chance at me," Milo was matter of fact, with his observation. "I've seen the hatred in his eyes."

Gary thought that was a little fanciful and said so.

Milo shook his head in a negative way. "No, a lot of time a wolf will mate for life. Wouldn't you hunt down someone that killed Jainey?"

"In a heartbeat," Gary fired back, and then looked over to see Milo eyeing him strangely.

"Then why do I get such strange vibes from the both of you?" Milo asked with his usual brashness.

"There are difficulties," Gary wouldn't elaborate any further.

"And why haven't you been sleeping? You do enough work and exercise, you should be dead tired."

"Part of the difficulties," Gary mumbled and turned to ignore Milo. Milo started to speak again, and Gary turned around and said "Stuff it, or I will."

That was plain enough, to get through to Milo and he shrugged and kept on walking.

The terrain was dropping, like they were nearing a broad river basin. Milo heard it first. Crying by a young sounding voice.

Approaching cautiously and stealthy, Gary was in side the tree line when he spotted the young boy, tied to a tree.

Thank you Pac for more of your story.

Wayne

Bait, look out for the trap. Thank you Pac.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Staked out goat? Old hunters trick to bring in predators. Kid may be victim or helper.

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

The four men conferred low, looking for a trap. Finally Gary couldn't handle the pitiful crying a minute longer, rushed to the boy, freezing the three or four year old with terror, and used his sharp knife to slice the rope securing the boy to the tree. He picked the boy up, hugging him tightly to his chest and ran back toward the group.

The boy was hugging Gary so fiercely that he gave himself a nosebleed, mashing his face into Gary's shoulder. Gary had his arms wrapped around the youngster, patting the child on the back.

"Go look at the ground where he was tied, " Gary had a terrible anger vibrating through him and his teeth were clenched when he spoke to Milo.

Milo nodded. He went to the tree and came back with a stark white face. He beckoned to Seamus and Toby. They walked a ways away. "I'm guessing by what's on the ground, that boy was a sacrifice to the wolves." He said low and painful.

Thank you Pac. That was the other thing I thought of.

Thanks Mrs. PAC

Didn't see that coming. Hurting kids tends to set me to grittin' my Teeth also.

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Oh noes! Who would even do something like that?
    Visit me on Etsy: ModernMaille

Quote Originally Posted by sssarawolf View Post
    So evil still lurks .
    Or misguided religion

Thanks Mrs Pac for the new chapters.

#16b

"Can you talk to me?" Gary didn't move his arms, keeping the child wrapped tight against him. There was no sound except the sobbing and weeping of the boy. "Do you have a mom or dad?" he tried again. There was the briefest negative shake. Were you tied out there for the wolves?" A slight affirmative movement.

Gary swore long and loud in a language no one understood. When he had exhausted his vast and colorful repertoire of Afgani dark and dirty sayings, Gary got himself together. "Would you like a drink of water?" he practically whispered to the boy. The head nodded fractionally yes.

Gary told the boy he would have to move his arm to get the water bottle, and the child shook violently no; pushing harder into Gary's chest.

"Milo, would you hand me my water bottle please," Gary spoke normally, and Milo obliged. Gary snugged the bottle in the boy's hand and nodded his thanks to Milo. "I'm going back to the retreat. What ever and whoever is down there, it will take more than four of us to bring about the reason for this," and he dipped his head, indicating the boy.

"Then we all go," Toby made the decision. And the band of men faded into the shadows of the tree line and jogged for an hour, leaving the gruesome scene behind. Milo made the decision; not to lead the huge male wolf back to the compound. He waited patiently for the correct opportunity, and took a long shot of over 700 yards. The wolf collapsed with the silenced bullet, dying and returning to the earth to nourish other animals in need of food.

The boy clung like a monkey to Gary, as the big man ran with his comrades. Burdened with the extra weight, he left easy to follow tracks as they ran with purpose. Unused to running such distances, Seamus started to lag back, and then he noticed the trail they were leaving. Seamus looked up to the sky and asked for rain.

A fierce storm swept in behind them, torrential rains obliterating the signs they had ever been in the area. All the while they rested during the night, Gary softly told the boy about a beautiful lady that was waiting to be his Mom.

"She is my wife, and her name is Jainey. She has been very sick, but she is getting better. She will cry when she sees you, as she wants a child very much. Could you live with me and her and be our boy?" For a long time there was no movement from the child, and Gary didn't hurry the youngster's decision. Then there was a slight yes movement of the boy's head.

"I'm going to like being your dad," Gary whispered, and the boy held on all the tighter.

Magnificent, Mrs. Pac. Thank-You, and God Bless You and Yours...

Maranatha

OldARcher
    "Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." -Romans 10:9-10

Condition "0," Code Red to Black- ALWAYS

Dam screen misted up and I almost couldn't finish...Has anyone told you that you paint very real word pictures? If they haven't I think they are remiss.

Thank you Pac.

Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    Dam screen misted up and I almost couldn't finish...Has anyone told you that you paint very real word pictures? If they haven't I think they are remiss.

Thank you Pac.
    My screen did as well.

Thanks Mrs. PAC

Lotta that misty virus going around on screens this morning seems.

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Pac, thank you for sharing your fantastic gift with us, we are truly blessed.

Wayne

Thank you Pac. More please
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

The men fixed and ate the last of their bean and protein powder type hummus. Gary fed most of his to the boy, using the end of his finger to place the paste in the boy's mouth. The child's stomach rumbled ominously, but it was the only food they had. "You have to drink a lot of water with that," Gary said in a soft, caring voice. "Can you pee?" and the urine soaked child shook his head no.

Toby and Milo sat off to the side conferring quietly. Seamus was on guard duty, since Gary was caring for the child.

"He's passing it on, isn't he?" Milo said to Toby, and Toby silently agreed. Both men remembering when the Thompsons came to the Linderman household. "It's fitting," Milo looked at the pair. Gary was sitting with his back to a tree for support, his knees drawn up, protecting the boy with his body.

Seamus watched as the night gathered in close, the Dakota hole fire the only source of light in the pitch black night. The crickets started chirping and there were a few fireflys darting around.

Seamus knew the little boy they had saved from certain death, would grow up brave and strong in the Linderman clan, and become very important in their lives.

Thank you Pac, Love your story.

Wayne

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thank you. Mrs. Pac.

Thank you Pac.

Like a movie in my head, Thank you Mrs. Pac.

Thank you Pac.

Sully
    Got Jesus? It's hell without Him.

* When the People become scared of the government it's called Tyranny. When the government becomes scared of the people it's called LIBERTY!!*
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Pac!

Lili

Thank you Ms. Pac for your story that I see in my mind.

When I am thinking of Seamus, why is it the place called Cyrene come to mind? And the name Simon?
    The difference between being smart and being wise:
    Being smart is learning from your own mistakes.
    Being wise is learning from the mistakes of others.
    My life has given others many opportunities to be wise.

Thank you so very much dear lady.

Such a stark look into the future and a testament to perseverance.

Gary had to unwind the young boy the next morning, to take care of necessities. Toby held out his arms and took the struggling child , who didn't want to leave Gary. Toby started talking to the boy, telling him about his own children. "And Milo has a boy named Robbie, just a little older than you are. Robbie came to Milo and his wife, just as you are coming to Gary. Did you know his name was Gary?" On and on, Toby explained what the boy would find when they got to the retreat.

If the wild little child heard, he didn't act like it, intently focused on where Gary had disappeared into the woods. "He'll be back soon, he wouldn't leave you." Milo soothed. "Gary came to our family, exactly as you are. All of us did. Well, except for Tess, she's ma and Dad's only natural child. Ma calls all the rest of us heart children, cause her heart wanted us and Dad couldn't say no." Then he laughed, and Toby smiled.

"You got it bro. Do you think Dad has ever told Ma no, she couldn't have something?" Toby smirked.

"Maybe goats, but they came anyway, so that probably doesn't count." Milo laughed, as he remembered.

Gary came out of the woods and waved his arm for the rest of them to come. The little boy, as soon as he saw Gary , wretched himself away from Toby and went running toward the large, hardened soldier.

Seamus had learned a great deal about this family in a very short time listening to Milo and Toby talk.

Gads lol I always want more, thank you Pac.

Gonna have to buy more of that Wally-World glasses cleaner... Every time I read what Mrs. Pac writes, my glasses get fogged and smudged... Strangest thing... Least I've learned not to eat or drink when reading her works!

Thank-You, and God Bless You and Yours, Mrs. Pac!

Maranatha

OldARcher
    "Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." -Romans 10:9-10

Condition "0," Code Red to Black- ALWAYS

Thanks Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Amazing Pac, Your words are like a video thank you for sharing your gift with us. I pray that God bless you and and yours always.

Wayne
    Last edited by stjwelding; 02-24-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Thank you Pac.

Sully
    Got Jesus? It's hell without Him.

* When the People become scared of the government it's called Tyranny. When the government becomes scared of the people it's called LIBERTY!!*
    Thomas Jefferson

#18b

Gary had found a treasure of food. A garden, wild, overgrown and neglected but full of carrots, potatoes and tiny yellow tomatoes. He looked up in time to see the boy running toward him in terror. Gary braced himself as the boy launched toward his chest. Although slight, and short, it was enough of a hit to make the soldier go "uff,"

Clinging like a little monkey among the vest, belts, backpack straps and sand cammo surplus shirt, the boy entwined his arms in the straps of the backpack, as good as belting himself to Gary's broad chest. Gary felt him snuggle close and give a sigh of relief. When the soldier looked up, his jaw was working as he fought to maintain his composure. The fierce look on his face didn't bother the child, the boy couldn't see with his head tucked under Gary's chin.

The other three noticed and made no comment. There was no need. It was happening as God wanted it to, and no man wanted to interfere with His work.

Seamus reached in his bagpipe holding bag and pulled out a small pointed trowel, bent over and went to work digging potatoes.. Milo and Toby looked at the mostly flat and empty looking sack, and then at each other. Each one of them had a forty pound pack to carry their necessities, and yet every time Seamus reached in the bag, he got what he needed.

Toby shook his head when it looked like Milo might say something, Toby wasn't ready to talk about his suspicions.

The carrots they washed in the nearby stream, and started eating immediately. It was good to be chewing on something for the belly. The boy refused his carrot until Gary took a bite from both ends and chewed and swallowed. Then the dirty little hand reached for the hefty orange cylinder and took a bite. The motion of the boy chewing and moving against his chest, felt strange but oddly satisfying to the soldier.

"Chew it very well. Take small bites and chew until the bite is soupy feeling in your mouth. This is important, do you know why?" Gary asked and the boy shook his head no. "Because your stomach is very hungry, and the best way to make it feel better is to give it food it can use right away. Chunks of carrot take too long to become food. Understand?" There was the slightest of yes movements.

Seamus handed Gary another large carrot.

"Thanks," Gary rumbled, and the bagpiper flicked his eyes to the child and nodded.

Gary went to picking the tomatoes, filling his hat with the bounty. Seamus seemed to know where the biggest potatoes were hiding, and Milo and Toby filled the cloth bags their sandwiches came in.

"We'll cook them tonight when we stop, grab enough carrots to last ya, till then." They dug and collected what they needed, leaving the rest for the next hungry traveler.

Fortified with the bounty, the men gathered in a group and prayed for a blessing of the food and for safe passage back to their home. Then they set out at a dog trot. If they made enough miles today, they would be home by dark tomorrow night.

Thank you PAC.

What a good chapter to read. The Lord does supply for those who place their complete trust in Him. And I am so enjoying Gary's path back to a real humanity. The little tiger is exactly what he needed.
    What we are is God's gift to us.
    What we become is our gift to God.
    Unknown

thank you Mrs. PAC

I'm still thinking this bit through, but I'm liking the path things are taking. good stuff.

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III