Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Story Repent, or Repeat
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Ben and Tess walked back to their apartment after breakfast. "Tess, what did you make of those two strangers/ angels or whom ever they were.?"

"I felt they were who they said they were, do you think otherwise" she checked diapers, changed one and put the babies down for a nap. Taking the fussy one and preparing to feed him.

"Come sit with me for a moment," Ben requested and put his arm around Tess's shoulder. "I believe they healed my shoulder. I didn't want to say anything, especially to Bruce because he did his very best, but the pain was increasing daily, and I believe there was something very wrong. Now, there is no pain and it feels like my other natural shoulder. My problem is, I'm not sure I deserve such a miracle." Ben's voice was low, and full of self recrimination.

"I feel my faith weakening Tess, my future as a Minister is in grave jeopardy." he heaved a deep sigh.

"Even Jesus had to get away from the crowds, going into the wilderness to pray in privacy," Tess said quietly. "If the Master had to use alone time, then his followers have the same opportunity."

Ben closed his eyes and nodded. "Part of my problem has been the fact I have contributed very little to the safety of the clan. I haven't done much in the garden, I've coasted on Ma and Dad's good will, pulling the clergy exemption card along with my shoulder. I don't like me, when I get caught up acting like I'm special and privileged."

"Figure out a need and fill it," Tess said sensibly. "You're an excellent mechanic, there are quite a few things around here that have broken, you might look at them and fix what can be fixed."

Ben was nodding. That did have an interesting ring to it, action with his hands and brain together. "Good idea Tess, thanks for mentioning it. With Phoebe occupied tending to Seamus, tell me what I can do to help you care for our boys.?"

It was a subtle shift in the day to day between Ben and Tess. Suddenly, they were in charge of their family with out the intrusion of a third adult. Ben, who previously couldn't tell the babies apart, learned the differences between Paul,Peter and Daniel.

The visit by the angles brought balance to the clan so now they can start working for the survival of all. Thanks Pac.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Thank you glad Ben will find his way.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

I remember a story about this feller who wanted to know what in meant to be "enlightened" and he searched the whole world.

Then one day he found some "guru" in some out of the way place like Tibet or some such place.

He sees the "guru" carrying a bundle of firewood down the mtn. and stops him and asks

"What is enlightenment"

The guru drops the firewood to the ground

The fellow gets a message from the symbolism

Then he asks

What comes after enlightenment.

The guru picks up his bundle of firewood and walks on down the mtn.

That was the thing I took away

God helped the clan, cleared away the problems and gave them a chance to pick up the bundle of firewood and carry on.

Not sure if it has value, but thought i'd share it since it has meaning to me.

Thanks again

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Thank You Mrs. Pac.

Dosadi;

Thank you for the parable. I do read and appreciate every response written. Often times, I take bits of information out to the garden with me; a natural place to contemplate reactions and non-reactions. More weeds get pulled that way....grin.

I do want to apologize for the abundance of short chapters. I have been helping another person, who has both parents down with dementia. I am not entirely convinced this is dementia. I believe this is something organic, two seemingly healthy people do not come down with dementia within a two week time period, together.

The Dr.'s are lumping it together as dementia, telling her that it has always been there, but something acted as a trigger to activate the rapid decline. Pig snot. I'm not a Dr. but neither am I stupid.

This is so rapid, in another 4 months, they will be gone. The parents had no legal affairs in order, and it has been a nightmare, just to get legal authority to pay the bills and prevent all kinds of legal repercussions.

(Big hint to all readers; it is your personal responsibility to keep your affairs in order and provide instruction and wishes to your children or whom ever you have designated to handle your end of health affairs.)

Ms Pac, have your friend's doctor check her parents for exposure to heavy metals. Could be low level, long term exposure or a larger exposure that triggered dementia. Will need to test hair samples to know.
    The difference between being smart and being wise:
    Being smart is learning from your own mistakes.
    Being wise is learning from the mistakes of others.
    My life has given others many opportunities to be wise.

Thank you for the kind words Mrs. PAC

Ya know, I have no idea where the idea just came from, but reading your post I kept thinking of arsenic. Probably nothing, but the fact it kept coming into my mind - I decided to say it just because sometimes I vaguely remember something.

Put it down to thunder storms and funny sleep if ya prefer.

"-)

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

I am just now home for the evening.

I totally believe it is an organic problem as Arsenic or other accumulated heavy metals. The problem is of course, money. They don't have any. I blame the doctors for taking the easy way out and instead of looking intelligently at the problem, waving the dementia wand and calling it good.

Tomorrow after church, I'm going to do some internet work and see if I can't find some answers.

I'm not a doctor, but this is something I've seen in some older relatives.
    https://www.agingcare.com/articles/u...rly-146026.htm

If it is something in their environment, it needs to be found and dealt with. Could be old paint that leached through new paint. Could be new ceramic mugs bought from Mexico or China with a lead base glaze or pewter. Could be a pesticide. It needs to be found before other elderly people or small children are exposed.
    The difference between being smart and being wise:
    Being smart is learning from your own mistakes.
    Being wise is learning from the mistakes of others.
    My life has given others many opportunities to be wise.

As we take a short breather in the story, I have a question. When you suspect environmental causes at what point do you recommend changing the location for a week (or longer)?

Different house and different household items.

Chap

Quote Originally Posted by Chapulin View Post
    As we take a short breather in the story, I have a question. When you suspect environmental causes at what point do you recommend changing the location for a week (or longer)?

Different house and different household items.

Chap
    Wonderful idea, Chap!! Mrs. Pac.......you should recommend this to your friend!!
    ( \ o / )
    / _ \

Sammy55:
    Following my Lord-
    Where He leads me,
    What He wants of me,
    Who He wants me to be.

Folks,

unfortunately the change of house has already happened. The wife is in the hospital in a coma, and I have had the gentleman here at my house, but he won't stay. My friend is trying to expedite all the legal tangles and I finally had to get eldercare social services involved.

He is in under a 72 hour watch; (maybe Baker Act) or something like that. Lordy. I went to bed at 6 last night and didn't get up until 7 this morning. He was a 24 hour watch.

My friend is just devastated. She promised that her folks would never be in a nursing home, and she feels she has failed.
    She's so emotionally upset that she's not thinking rationally. Her father is quite happy in the nursing care, settled right in and is much happier than his daughter. She is already talking about taking him out of there and back home. She is so fixated on absolving her guilt of having him in a nursing home, she is on the verge of a breakdown.

I am only mentioning this; because this is what happens when you fail to plan. At any age, you have to be,.....wait for it................................................ personally responsible.

To all of you out there, that refuse to contemplate your end of life, this is what you are going to leave to your family.

Total exhaustion, guilt, frantic panic attacks, impending heart problems (my friend collapsed in the lawyers office this morning and she is in the hospital as of now.)

I'll be back in a bit. I'm going to call the nursing home and let them know she won't be there to feed her Dad at lunch. Pac.

Putting a loved one in a nursing home doesn't mean you don't want to care for them, it means you're unable to. (yes, there are some people that don't care, but not Pac's friend) Sometimes people need more care than one person can provide. I hope your friend feels better, Pac. Maybe talking to a counselor/minister might help her feel better.

Well, it is of course going from bad to worse.
    My friend had a mild heart attack, in order to prep her for surgery, (to install a stent) they sedated her. When she came awake she tried to pull the patch and drain off her artery. She is now restrained until the patch can heal into the artery wall.

It looks to me like she has had a slight breakdown. I knew she had been married. But I didn't realize she had two daughters
    and a ex husband that came to the hospital very concerned.

This is the station and the stop where Pac gets of the train. The lady has family that are capable of making sense out of all this. I have said many prayers for them all.

Mark visited with Milo about questioning David; and then walked over to Toby's to confer with his oldest son.

"Dad, come in, coffee?" Rennie was relaxed and happy. She dearly loved everyone over in the big house; but she loved her family, in their own house, more.

Mark smiled, "sound's good," he answered, and smiled again at the noise the 6'2" 'horsie' was making, carrying TJ, Barry and Lyric. Prancing and bucking a little, the 'horsie' had the children shrieking with laughter and pretend terror.

Rennie produced cookies, and the kids each took a handful on their way to the playroom.

Mark explained what had been said that alarmed Gary.

"Dad, I'm afraid it was my fault that we didn't go the extra quarter mile to scout out the camp. Gary was turning back to bring David here, and I made the decision that if he was going, we all were going. I simply could not take any chances splitting us up." Toby wasn't apologizing, nor did he look away, but met Mark's gaze full on.

Mark was nodding. "The right decision," he reinforced to his son. "Exactly what I would have done."

Thanks Pac. Toby, another chip off of the block. Sorry about all the drama you have had, sounds like it was time to turn things over to the family and God.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Thanks Mrs. PAC

Sorry about your real life problems with friends.

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

You would think those boys we his by blood wouldn't you

Thanks Pac, for more of your story. Praying Gods will for your and yours.

Mark kept his amusement hidden, but he noted that Toby didn't look to him as a source of validation. Toby had made a decision, and was owning that decision with confidence. A good way to make an old Dad proud; Mark thought to himself.

"I'd like you to come up with questions that seem non-threating to David, although Gary says he answers fairly matter of factly. Maybe along the lines of how many men or daddy's there are in the camp. Clues as to who might make the decisions, any information we can draw out of him. He is a strange child," Mark noted, watching as Toby frowned and shifted slightly in his chair.

"Flat out Dad, that's the reason we are back in our own place. Rennie doesn't like the way David looks at Lyric. I really hadn't paid any attention to it, but when she called my attention to the fact, it's there. Rather than make a scene or accusations; it was best we removed ourselves." Again, Toby wasn't asking for approval. He had made a decision for and about his family, and that was the sum and substance of it.

Once again, Mark was pleased.

"Lyric is the only girl, that might account for some of David's interest, in fact, you might ask David if the boys were separate from the girls. In some of the splinter religious groups, that's a fairly standard practice." Mark said mildly. "I'm going to let you and Milo do the questioning. David reacts to me, and Clora believes it's my white hair. She went so far as to say she thinks perhaps the man that ordered David tied up for the wolves, probably had white hair."

Toby nodded. "Will Ma be there?"

"Yes, and we haven't made any firm plans as to hide her, or have her out in the open. She has said that the group is run by men and women are not included in the decisions. I don't know how that might affect David, to have her there." Mark finished his coffee and cookie.

"I think Ma should be out in the open." Toby said firmly. "There's no reason David shouldn't learn that we value everyone's input."

Mark nodded, "I'll tell her. Thanks for the coffee and cookies, I want to do this after supper in the barn. I don't want other children around, I think there will be stuff to give kids nightmares."

"I don't doubt it one bit. The tree that David was tied to, was littered underneath with the bones of other sacrifices," Toby recounted, "A lot of them."

After lunch, Toby and Rennie sat down and made a list of questions for Toby to use. Toby was watching Rennie. Rennie was so much like Ma, she could be called Clora Jr. And yes, he knew in his mind, he was just like Dad.

When they were done talking about David, the talk shifted to the future and what life might hold for them and then the family as a whole. "If the enclave is as bad and rotten as we suspect, there most likely will be a war or at least a battle. I don't see how we can get away from that fact." Toby said sadly. "There maybe children killed and there maybe some needing new parents; what are your thoughts on taking in more children?"

Rennie smiled and replied with her still heavily accented Aussie voice. "After living here and experiencing all these brought together children; and hearing your story, we have big hearts Toby and can welcome more."

"I haven't thought about my birth parents in years," Toby put his hand over Rennie's. "I belong so totally to Mark and Clora; they are my parents."

"The way it should be." Rennie smiled at her handsome husband. Toby was nothing like the uppity lawyer that had been forced to share his office with her. That man had been a lazy, conceited slob. This Toby was a well conditioned, confident man. A good father, an excellent warrior and a fantastic husband. She had the best of all worlds.

Thank You Mrs Pac.

Good to see Toby stepping up without any self doubt but with a certain humility. (Don't know if that is exactly the word I was looking for.) Thank you Pac.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thanks Pac for sharing your fantastic story with us.

Wayne

Mark wanted to talk to Clora; and the best way to have her undivided attention was take her for a walk. She was an island of calm, and the busy household swirled and ebbed around her.

Mark found her standing at the sink, smiling her special smile that was his alone, as he walked into the house. She was the first thing he looked for when he went into a room, and he had seen her do the same thing. Mark walked over and offered his arm, Clora smiled and her hand left half a handprint of wet soapy water on his chambray sleeve as she slid her arm in his.

They left without a word to anyone, tucked closely together. Even after all the years, there was still a tingle when they touched. Clora smiled to be out in the morning sunshine; giving a small sigh of satisfaction. "Keeper of my heart, thank you for rescuing me from the inside of the house. How did you know I needed to take a walk with you?" Her low, warm voice and the smile that crinkled the corner of her eyes; flowed like warm honey over Mark and he had to momentarily close his eyes to fully savor her nearness. It was still her...everything was her, a woman like no other.

"Clora, sometimes I miss you so much in the activities of the house, I have to come get you and fill myself up with you." Mark didn't know where those words came from, probably straight from his heart; that was OK, he meant them.

They walked over to the pasture fence gate and stood close together, leaning on the boards.

Clora sniffed delicately. Ever so faintly there was that Bay Rum after shave scent that Mark used. A really old fashioned tonic, that Grandpa Hap had used; and Mark adopted once he had smelled it. Clora sniffed her way close to Mark's ear, and quickly gave him a peck on the cheek.

Mark turned his head to look at her, raising his eyebrow.

"I can't help it," Clora protested innocently, "you smell so good, I can't leave you alone."

"Then by all means," his manly chuckle delighted Clora as he offered the side of his cheek again. Of course Clora had to oblige. "It is a chore," she whispered to her handsome devil of a husband, looking at him with love shining in her eyes.

They stood quietly, savoring one another's company, needing the alone time to reconnect and re charge their hearts and spirits.

"Did you know Grandma Evie and Grandpa Hap used to do this very same thing. When I think back, I believe Grandpa didn't recognize anyone but Evie, but she needed to feel the closeness they once had. It helped her spirt stay positive. I often wonder," Clora said softly; "what she would think of this new world we live in."

Mark reached over and put his large hand over Clora's, where it was resting on his arm. "They healed my ears," he said calmly, referring to the two angels that had visited them. "I can hear like nothing was ever wrong with them."

"I was beginning to have a tremor," Clora confessed, "and now it's gone. But the most astonishing thing, one of those deep planted sensors was beginning to hurt, and now it has stopped."

"I didn't realize that," Mark frowned, "why didn't you say something?"

"Nothing could be done about it, except major surgery, I wasn't ready for that." Clora replied. "Not under the conditions we have now."

Way out in the pasture, there was a small movement that caught Mark's eye. "Clora look out toward that lone Ash tree, what is that?"

Clora stared for long seconds. "That's David's dog with a very small child," she said against the harsh sun glare.

Thanks for MOAR Mrs. PAC

Small child huh? looks like dawg has been rounding up some more foundlings for the clan. Good.

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Dog is rescuing kids from that evil compound himself? Nice that Mark and Clora can get out for a quiet time together, a time to reconnect. Thanks Pac for all you do.

So nice to get home and find such a sweet chapter

Mark checked for his weapon, the unconscious habit as he passed his hand over the butt and flipped off the keeper strap.
    Cautiously, they walked through the pasture grass to thirty feet of the hard panting dog. The dog snarled and bared it's teeth.

"Mark," Clora's low voice stopped them both. "Please stay here, the dog will attack if you come any closer."

It was a searing, hard look he gave her, and deliberately drew his weapon. Then he nodded. Clora walked forward until the dog's snarl stopped her ten feet from where it was resting. The dog was licking the bloody and bruised looking child, and the toddler wasn't responding.

Clora sank down in the grass, to sit and wait. The huge brindle hound watched her intently, and slowly the animal's hard panting slowed, but the incessant licking of the child didn't. The hound got up and walked back a ways, Clora interpreted that to mean she could approach the body, and she got to her feet with slow movements.

When she got to where she could touch the child, the dog growled menacing, once again. Clora stopped and sank down to her knees. Holding her arms out, Clora turned her palms down and waited. She could see and hear that the baby was breathing, but not well.

The immense Mastiff sniffed the air, testing the scents she was emanating. The animal approached, it's eyes never leaving Clora's face. The dog had its thick head practically in between her hands, and reached to take a deep sniff of her skin.

"Good dog," Clora spoke calmly, and reached to stroke the dog's head. The Mastiff allowed her to touch him, and then Clora had to lean over toward the toddler, putting her face and throat right on the level with the huge jaws.

Clora was so focused on the dog and the child, her attention never wavered and she missed Mark tensing and raising his Glock.

The baby was so light and malnourished; picking it up, unbalanced as she was, was no problem. Bringing the child to her shoulder, Clora and the dog and the foundling walked back to Mark.

Awww Clora is good in more ways then can be said.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Clora always gets something showing up at here gate :-) .

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Great chapter Pac, Thank you.

Wayne

Thanks Pac, took a while to clear the fog from the screen so I could see to type.

Thank You Mrs. Pac.

Thank you Pac.

Sully
    Got Jesus? It's hell without Him.

* When the People become scared of the government it's called Tyranny. When the government becomes scared of the people it's called LIBERTY!!*
    Thomas Jefferson

Thank you. I do enjoy your stories.

Clora's eyes were filled with tears. "Mark, I don't know if this baby will live, Dear God, it's so emaciated. Come dog, we have to hurry," and she, Mark and the dog went running toward the house.

"I need half the sink," Clora hollered as Mark jogged ahead and opened the front door. With no hesitation, Honey swiped a dish rag around the second basin, and moved a few dishes out. Clora skidded to stop and put the baby in the sink, turning the water on to flood the baby's torso, and hopefully soften and loosen the filthy crust plastered on the baby.

"Honey, grab a spoon, lets get some water in this kid."

The baby didn't open it's eyes, but the mouth trembled, and Honey carefully placed a half spoon of tepid water in and gently used her finger under the jaw to close the baby's mouth.

The Mastiff growled, when Honey touched the baby. Clora looked at the dog and then patted the counter. With herself between Honey and the dog reared up on the counter, the two women worked to save the baby. The mastiff watched, but didn't growl again.
    Over and over, spoons of water went into the child until there was a slight noise and stir. Clora turned to look at the dog, patted the animal on the head and said, "Praise be to God, thank you dog, well done." Her voice praised the dog, and with a soft pat on the head, she smiled at the huge animal.

The Mastiff looked at the baby and the woman, jumped down, and went to the door, wanting out. Mark turned the handle, and let the door swing wide.

The brindle marked animal walked regally across the lot and went into the barn. Seamus was sitting on a bale of hay, and Phoebe was off somewhere. The overlarge Scot looked at the dog and said, "Aye laddie, good work." and the dog lay down to rest.