Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Story Repent, or Repeat
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,960 of 2413
    And tell him to treat you right, or he'll have to answer to all of us!. We love our Mrs. Pac!

Thank you Pac, for more of your Amazing Story.

Wayne

Clora and Mark walked hand in hand down to their apartment. They were weary; physically with the stress of being under attack for so long, mentally and then their souls were bruised.

"I need to pray," Clora spoke in a soft voice. "I need the kind of strength that only comes from our Father's peace. I don't feel like my faith is failing, I just feel tired. This whole attack seemed so unnecessary, these raiders were so vile, and yet I was hoping that the devil had taken his minions and due from the earth. I can't help but wonder if we will ever be allowed to live in peace and harmony with our neighbors."

Mark reached for Clora's hand and they went to sit on the side of the bed. "I can't say Clora, that part of our future is up to God and His Will. We can only pray that we listen and obey. I too, have been struggling with the idea that the earth seemed like it was rid of the impure. But if so, why were we experiencing the decidedly evil events that have been happening?"

Mark began praying aloud; his deep voice strong and sure. The words poured over Clora like healing waters; easing and washing away the anguish from her heart. The total magnificence of her blessings flashed before her eyes and she understood how blessed she had been to live, love and nurture her family.

Mark's deep voice prayed, "All things are possible through You, oh Heavenly Father. Prepare us to walk in the path you have chosen for us, that we may glorify your name through the passion and death of your son, our Lord Jesus."

The strong words brought tears to Clora's eyes, and they silently ran down her cheeks. Together, they leaned toward one another, touching shoulders and heads. The man, head of the clan, leading his family with deep faith and conviction in their walk with God. The woman, using all her abilities to be the handmaiden to God that was her task. Together, they were the example that God wanted to show what was possible, when He is the guide to life.

All over the retreat, couples were sitting quietly, praying and praising the name of God. He had brought them through another assault on their physical, mental and spiritual bodies. The quiet decompression gently permeated the house and grounds. Later that evening, just after supper; the indignant wail of a unhappy newborn filled the house. At the table, where the clan had been loitering and simply enjoying fellowship, a cheer went up. Affirmation that God was good.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Thank You Mrs Pac.

What a wonderful chapter! It filled me with tears, but also with hope and strength! It also gave me a powerful nudge to get down and pray for myself, my family, and for our country as we are surely be attacked like never before.

Thanks, Pac. I needed this chapter.
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Thank you, a prayer I need to incorporate into my life.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Thank you Pac.

Thank you Pac for more of your fantastic story.

Wayne

Seamus walked into the kitchen with a baby wrapped in a blanket, holding the infant out in his hands. Tears were running down his cheeks. "Me looovin Father has blessed us with a bonny lass. Good strong lungs and strength of her pappy and beauty of her Mum.
    Please join me in prayer, tis a magnificent thing we have created and I need to tell me God hoo happy I am."

Seamus started his prayer, then became overcome with emotion. Calvin walked to his side and the small boy took up where Seamus faltered. "Dear God, thank you for this baby. Please keep Miss Phoebe and the baby safe; and thank you God for giving me a new Ma and Pa. I sure did need'em. Well, I guess that is all, yours truly, Calvin."

There were misty eyes all around the table, and Seamus laid his hand on top of Calvin's head. "Well done, boyo. Would you be wantin to see yer sister?"

Calvin nodded, his dark eyes never leavin Seamus's face. Seamus turned the baby so the clan could see the tiny infant, and then told Calvin to hold out his arms. "Hold her gentle like, we got to be getting her back to her Ma." Calvin nodded again, and broke out into a smile. "She don't weigh nuthin, yer you sure she's OK?"

"The Doc's say yes; soes I gotta agree with them." Seamus smiled and gave a deep sigh. "Lets be getting her back to her Ma, we have work to do. I need help makin a bed fer the bairn; will ya be helpin me Calvin?"

Calvin puffed up with importance, " ya, I'll help ya. Miss Phoebe said for me to keep an eye on you." The supersized man and the pint sized con man walked back down the hall; the contrast between their sizes was the largest and the smallest of the family. The baby started expressing her displeasure at being hungry, and that hurried their steps.

Robert chuckled as he told the story about Seamus being adamantly sure the baby was a boy, bringing gentle laughs from the clan.

Gary and Jainy were holding hands under the table. The foundling baby asleep in Gary's lap, the two boys standing close behind the couple. There was a soft contentment in Gary's face, more gentle and emotional than the clan had ever been aware of before.

The relaxation in Milo's face was a mirror to Gary's; the men letting the love from their families, decommissioning the stress.

Thank you Pac Praying for you and your's.

Wayne

Thank you Pac, a very quiet and moving addition.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Thank you Pac

Thank you!

Robert, Toby, Milo and Gary went to retrieve the horses and implement's. The largest gelding had broken his tether, the horse was hungry and not about to wait for foolish humans to come untie him. The men spent time talking and touching the horses, acquainting the animals with their touch and scent. Slowly they headed for the barn.

The bounty of the animals with the tools to till and prepare ground for gardens and pasture; was a blessing from God. Robert hitched the wayward gelding to the plow, working a bit of sass out of the frisky animal. Round and round the retreat he walked, learning how to lean on the plow to turn it, and adjust the depth he had the tip of the plowshare biting into the ground. Robert didn't know why he had the urge to create a firebreak, he just thought it was a good idea.

He plowed up several lengths of garden, before swapping out the gelding for a younger, less trained mare. A couple of hours of ornery shenanigans, the mare felt considerably more mellow as she dripped with sweat. It was a toss up as whom was more exhausted, Robert or the formerly antsy mare.

The Belgian colored mare was standing with her head hanging, tired from the tips of her ears to the end of her tail. Robert was leaning against the plow handle, breathing hard. He was busy exercising out the demons that plagued him, his notion of hard work was working. Concentrating on plowing with the antics of the mare had Robert forgetting the status of his lost wife and oldest son.

Unhooking the plow and walking the mare to the barn, Robert was grinning slightly. He felt like he had won a victory; himself against the entire world. Wiping down the mare and walking her to coolness before letting her drink, Robert felt kinship to the horse. Talking and patting her on the neck, they formed a bond, and Robert was slowly on his way to becoming a teamster.

Robert was sitting resting on the bench by the barn door, when Clora walked up, Robert's youngest boy in hand. Robert held open his arms, the child running to him. The boy's mouth was working but no sound could be heard. The oldest Thompson boy looked at Clora for an explanation, she gave him what she knew.

The boy clung to Robert, and father and son comforted one another.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Lovely, thank you pac.

Thank you for the additional chapter.

Thank you.

Thank you Pac

Wayne

Thanks, Pac!

I'm glad that Robert and his son were able to mourn together and cement their relationship more. Theirs is a heart-breaking story! But then, just about all of them have heartbreaking stories. Just like real life, I guess. None of us are without our "times of tears."
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Folks,

I have a terrible cold. Me, Mr. KC and half of Kansas have a cold and cough that's nasty.

Take care Pac and Mr, K. Lots of Vit C, zink and garlic and onion soup.

Why? I thought you would dodge it this year...Hoping? Get well soon, that goes for both of you.

Joined the club did'ja? Hubs is just getting over the crud but passed it on to me first. I haven't had a cold in years.

Thanks for the information. Praying for you and yours Pac.

Wayne

Been there, done that, don't want to do it again!

Prayers going up for you, Pac, and for your Mr. KC. Get well soon!

dig out the elderberry Mrs. PAC

Sorry you and mr KC get to feeling better.

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

THE COLD...........

cue in deep, dark and evil music. Wow, I have never been so wiped out with a simple cold. Both of us still have a bronchitis cough, but it is finally loosening and we are feeling better. I have thrown everything at this cold, and finally had to see the Dr. It's real nasty business. We are on the mend. Pac.

Seamus and Phoebe talked a long time about a name for their beautiful daughter. They finally chose Siusan, Scottish for Susan.

"That's a relief," Calvin remarked, "I thought you were gonna let that baby get full gowned, before you was gonna get her a name."

Seamus burst out laughing. "Ah tooonight, Calvin; we are gonna get the wee lass baptized. We would like to have you baptized also and welcomed into the family right proper. Them I'm gonna play me pipes and let the world know that there are stout Scots standing in the love of their God."

"How abooot the baby 'n me get baptized and you don't play the pipes?" Calvin craftily bargained.

"Never," Seamus stoutly denied, "I've got to be teachin me son how to be playing the pipes. You're it Calvin, I've got to be passin me talent on to you."

In response, Calvin sidled over to Phoebe and whispered in her ear. "Yer me Ma; can't you head him out of that notion?"

Phoebe half smiled and shook her head slowly. "You can do this for Seamus, this is part of being a family." she replied gently, looking at her handsome husband over the top of Calvin's head. Seamus winked at Phoebe, and she let her head roll back against the rocking chair slats and closed her eyes in weary contentment.

Very glad that the baby is here and healthy.
    Very glad that the family is bonding well.
    Very glad that your and your DH's colds are finally breaking.

Thanks, Pac!! And get back to "wellness" soon!

Thank you Pac, good to hear you and the Mr. are on the mend, just don't do it again. Please?

Thank you Pac. Glad you’re feeling better. Now that y’all have got the “in sickness” part of your vows out of the way....on with the honeymoon!
    Visit me on Etsy: ModernMaille

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Glad ya'll are feeling better.

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thank you Pac. They found some of these so called flu's and cold's are more then meets the eye this year . Lots of folks haven't gone to the doc and have ended up dead.

Glad to hear that t he 2 you are feeling better
    thanks for the new chapter PAC.

Wayne

"I know winter is about here," Milo argued with stubborn determination, "but if we have a chance to get a stallion and more horses, then we need to do it."

"I'm not saying we shouldn't do it," Robert answered with the same level of intensity, "I'm saying that it's at least a good week's of travel away, one way...." he added for good measure. "We need to take Calvin as he has the horse's confidence. I can get us there, I took the coordinates; all I want to know; is this a good time to be leaving the retreat?"

The debate was raging around the long table, after supper coffee almost forgotten. Every man had a strong opinion; and more and more, eyes looked to Mark sitting at the head of the table, for his take on the feasibility of the proposed escapade.

Clora was watching Mark from the kitchen, she had her hands deep in a bread sponge she was mixing, and to her, that old familiar look on Mark's face spelled his desire for a little bit of 'road trip' excitement.

Clora had to smile to herself. Despite his protestations to the contrary, Mark was still an adventuring, soldier of fortune and no amount of 'civilization' could drain that away from his personality. Half lost in a daydream of exploring the new world they were living in, Mark focused on Clora, and found her smiling at him, giving her head a small affirmative shake.

An adrenalin jolt; the same as twenty shots of Clora's strong coffee concentrated down into a tidy cupful, set Mark's adventuring spirit on fire.

"I'm going," Mark announced forcefully, during a lull in the conversation. "This little adventure seems tailor made for me. Once more, I believe we should take the older boys and give them a little taste of, I mean furthering their education. Besides, young ones in a group; signals that we are peaceful."

If Mark hadn't been so flushed with the possibilities of adventure, he might have heard Clora give a very unlady like snort, but her eyes were twinkling and a small smile played around her mouth.

Honey looked at Milo. His eyes were bright with not quite suppressed interest, and he was shifting around in his chair, fairly quivering like a puppy ready to play a game of 'get'um,'. It was more than easy to see that he really wanted to go on the 'boy' adventure, but was unsuccessfully trying to portray the responsible and staid husband and father.

Jainy, and Rennie had come to the same conclusion about their husbands; and that was how the 'great journey of exploration," happened to get started.

Thank You Mrs.Pac. Sounds like an adventure coming for all. Hope you and Mr K.C. are enjoying yours.

Big adventure coming up. Thank you Pac.

Thank you Pac.

The biggest problem, thank you by the way, the biggest problem is you
    never satisfy the "MORE" craving. It is satisfied briefly. But then it's right back. Thanks again, Jonathan.