Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Story Repent, or Repeat
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,680 of 1693
    God Bless Mrs. PAC

His Will, not ours, but also His Grace and Peace upon you.

Dosadi

p. s. Thanks for more story even if you are pressed right now. Hand in there.

D.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Praying for you Pac

Wayne

Prayers said, Pac. May you have wisdom and discernment in the measure needed and the peace of our Lord which passes all understanding.
    Visit me on Etsy: ModernMaille

There was no use trying to dig graves. The stony, gravelly soil was impossible to dig with the small trenching shovel they carried. Seamus acted as the work horse, dragging dead and down logs to a swale in the landscape. The huge Scot pulled logs of frightening size to rim the woodpile they were putting together.

The stench from the ripe bodies had Seamus and Robert setting fire to the pyre sooner than they wanted too, but in reality there was no choice. The first two had barely been cremated when Weston and Lou died. Robert looked dispassionately at his brother's body as he and Seamus drug the lifeless form toward the white hot burning coals.

"Seamus, would ya pray for his soul, he almost doesn't seem like he is my brother." Robert said lifelessly. "He was so different from the rest of us, God forgive me, I didn't love him as a brother should." Robert's emotional toll had him gaunt faced and miserable.

"Boyo, there is a reason you be feelin that way; do you want to know, or just be leavin it be?" Seamus queried.

"Seamus, I believe I can guess that he is my uncle's child, and no, I just want to leave it be." Robert replied as they swung the body into the middle of the white hot coals. They went back for Weston and gave his corpse the same treatment..

Robert, Seamus and Phoebe spent a silent night, replenishing the pyre with wood when necessary and avoiding talking to each other. The temperature dropped for the fourteenth night in a row, Seamus went to gather Phoebe in his arms, setting her down in front of him so he could shield and protect her with the bulk of his body,

"We need to be leavin tomorrow," he spoke quietly to Robert. "Phoebe is carryin me child and I want her back hooom as soon as possible."

"Yes," was all that Robert said.

The next morning, Seamus strapped the saddle over the top of his pack, tying on the lead and halter the pony had worn. He picked up Phoebe's pack, over her protests, and the trio headed back toward the retreat. There was very little, if any at all talking, as they trudged back toward family, friends and safety.

Thank you Pac, I hope your troubles are eased.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Seamus sure picks up and totes the load he is given. Kinda inspirational to see what someone does when they have to.

Sorry for Roberts grief and that the whole trip just cleaned up the problems that were plaguing the group. That's how God does, we don't understand, but He knows what He is about doing.

Thanks again, and hope your doing better.

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thank you Pac.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Thank You Mrs. Pac.

Thank you Pac.

Sully
    Got Jesus? It's hell without Him.

* When the People become scared of the government it's called Tyranny. When the government becomes scared of the people it's called LIBERTY!!*
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Ms. Pack.

Been thinking of you PAC. Praying for an easing of your burdens and that resolutions you are searching for come easily.
    What we are is God's gift to us.
    What we become is our gift to God.
    Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by kua View Post
    Been thinking of you PAC. Praying for an easing of your burdens and that resolutions you are searching for come easily.
    I second this! Still praying!
    ( \ o / )
    / _ \

Sammy55:
    Following my Lord-
    Where He leads me,
    What He wants of me,
    Who He wants me to be.

Thank you Pac

Wayne

The trio traveled quietly, purposely and with acute awareness. The band of brigands were between them and the retreat, and they ghosted between the trees and crossed open areas as stealthy as possible. Twice they came upon evidence of camps that had been slaughtered, raided and unspeakable tortures put to the people who had died for blessed release.

"We have to find those raiders," Robert replied grimly, as they finished cleaning the grisly mess in the second camp. Phoebe was busy hurling every ounce of her stomach contents, and Robert and Seamus created a funeral pyre as they had done for their fellow clansmen.

"We have to get in front of them, and have them walk into a trap and perish." the soldier hissed. "Seamus, you need to ask God for guidance and plans that will succeed."

"Boyo, I nae canna be doin that. God will tell us when He's be needin us to act." Seamus returned quietly. "Yer asken for vengeance and that is not our job."

"If you won't pray, then I will. Those men are headed straight for the retreat, can you imagine what would happen there?" Robert was furious, and shouting. "The whole lot of them need killing. Why is God allowing this. There have been two camps of innocent people slaughtered in their beds, that's not a Christian thing to allow to happen. God needs to show and use me to rid the earth of this filth.
    I am going to press on and use every fiber in my being to bring these depraved animals to justice, and Seamus, I'll do it without you if necessary." Robert threatened. "You just think about what will happen to Phoebe, if they turn back and surprise us sleeping. You want to talk about a reason to burn in hell, if you do nothing, you may find out you should have done something."

That impassioned speech was the longest Seamus had ever heard Robert say. It was surprising the depth of emotion the quiet, softspoken man carried, and yet Seamus was bound by the constraints yoked on him by the two angels.

"In order to join ye laddie; I have to be released," Seamus explained seriously, "tis no other way aboot it."

"Then get to praying," Robert ordered harshly. "Or what ever it is you have to do to join me. I will defend Phoebe with my life, and I think you had better wake up and plan to do the same. Tonight, you can be thinking on that while you have first watch."

That was the first time that Robert had exercised his powers as the leader of the group, telling Seamus, rather than discussing it with the big Scots. Seamus nodded, not challenging Robert a it looked he might do.

Phoebe walked into the heated discussion and cast a frowning side glance at Seamus. She had a worried look on her face. "We have to douse the fire, right away. There's a light that looks like a fire in the distance."

As I tried to get to sleep last night your stories came to mind. The faith of the characters, the travails and joys, the grit and determination. Thank you ever so much for sharing your insights and talent dear lady.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thank You Mrs. Pac.

Thank you.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Thank you Pac for more, may God Bless you and guide you always.

Wayne

"There are three of them on their way back," Clora quietly said to Mark, as they were getting ready for bed. Clora glanced at the child sleeping on the pallet next to the closet door. Young Danny was restless in his sleep, tossing and turning, opening his mouth to whimper; but no sound came out.

When he was awake, he had to be carried by Clora, or he went into frenzied hysterics; made all the worse by his inability to speak.

Mark looked up from his exercises. "The..right..ones?" he asked between intakes of breath.

"It feels like it," Clora shrugged her shoulder and immediately whished she hadn't. Older Clora was struggling to carry Danny around, where young Clora had carried two and three babies and thought nothing of it.
    "I can't believe how old I have gotten," she complained good naturedly. "My back and shoulders ache something fierce."

Mark stopped his workout and went to stand behind Clora. "Turn around Honey, fold your arms over the top of the chair and let me massage your muscles."

Clora, the independent woman that seldom if never, admitted any weaknesses, slumped her head on her arms and let Mark rub liniment on her back. Mark was smiling, in a very self satisfied way. He almost never got to pamper Clora, and here she was, purring like a kitten as his strong hands kneaded out the knots in her muscles.

"That feels so good," Clora had a bemused sleepy tone to her voice.

"Not half as good as it feels to me," Mark continued rubbing. "You never let me tend to you, return a small measure of the loving touches you have spent on me. Sometimes I need to do this Clora, I need you to be a little vulnerable, and need me."

Over and over the big strong hands worked the tightened muscles of the gray haired woman. "Danny is too much for you to be carrying," Mark lightly scolded. "Put him on the floor and he can walk, hold on to your skirt or something like that. Are you listening to me?"

Clora nodded her head yes, "I'm about to go to sleep," she whispered with a yawn. That was the sign Mark had been waiting for; collecting up his woman, Mark put her in bed and cuddled her close. Turning to blow out the oil lamp, he settled around and gathered Clora into his strong arms. Within seconds, they were both asleep.

Phoebe's warning had Robert throwing dirt on their Dakota hole fire. Only fools built an above ground fire on the flat plains; one that the light attracted attention for miles; wanted or unwanted. Robert had been fascinated by accounts of the plains natives practicing strict light and sound control; it had been the only way Clora had been able to bribe him to learn to read.

The blackness of the night settled heavily on the trio. "Which direction?" Robert whispered so quietly.

"It would be toward your back, if you haven't moved," Phoebe had Seamus's hand, needing safe contact with the big man.

"Aye," Seamus tried to whisper, "That's bigger than a cooking fire, I fear we have located our looters."

"Gather up your stuff, we need to get away from here. I don't know if we have been spotted, but we can't take any chances." Robert was the officer in charge.

With the aid of walking sticks out in front of them, tapping the ground lightly as a way to walk in the total absence of light, the three made their way to the far right of the eerie orange glow, keeping downwind of the raiders.

Soon there was a wind starting to blow, the whistling sound fanning the flames of the burning structure, sending embers out into the tinder dry grass to catch fire.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

When I was younger the school library had a lot of biographies written for 6Th graders. Many were about frontiersmen. I read them like text books. Then I went seeking more information on the hints I got from them. Funny what motivates a young man's mind to learn.

Thanks again

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thank you, can't get enough of this.

Thank you Pac.

Sully
    Got Jesus? It's hell without Him.

* When the People become scared of the government it's called Tyranny. When the government becomes scared of the people it's called LIBERTY!!*
    Thomas Jefferson

The raiders had indeed set fire to an orphanage. The group of children and the bedraggled set of adults that tried to tend to them, all slaughtered in their sleep.

The raiders didn't find the food and riches they were seeking, and their foul moods bust into vile anger. The meekest of the hooligans finally spoke up. "I know where there is a place that has food. But it's well protected." Silence fell as the leader turned and fixed the cowering man with a piercing gaze.

"Close?"

"No, at least a week's worth of travel. I'm not really sure, but it's only a two day's walk from the coast, or so." the timid man managed to stammer out.

"You're an idiot, where did we ever get you?" the short, greasy haired man spit on the ground, the slimy brown tobacco landing in an arc on the trembling man's feet. The nervous man shuffled backward, trying to avoid the demeaning act, and the leader kept advancing toward him, getting in the jittery man's space.

"So, what's at this place?" the guttural voice and narrowed eyes pushed his stinking breath into the pale face of the toady.

"F f f oood, and women," the hapless man stammered in an almost whisper. "Lot's of both of'em."

"hum, you'd better be right," a knife appeared in the leader's hand, the sharp tip drawing a bright red ribbon of blood across the shaking man's neck. "The next time, it will be deep, but maybe not deep enough to kill you right away, you understand?"

The weak man started to buckle at the knees as he grasped his throat against the sting of the cut and the trickle of warm blood. "Yes," he whined, "don't cut me no more."

"I'll do whatever I damn please," the leader spat once again on the slumping man; "ya'll savvy?" he looked around at the group illuminated in the light of dancing flames.

Mummers of assent went around the assembled men, no one wanted to cross the exceptionally savage man.

"We either have to walk toward them skirting around the fire to reach already torched ground, or hurry toward the right and try to find a natural way to stop the fire before it roasts us;" Robert kept a critical eye on the advancing flames.

Behind Seamus, Phoebe stumbled as her right foot fell in a prairie dog hole and she gave a muffled cry. Without thinking, Seamus whirled around and picked Phoebe up, as the two clans men ran through the darkness as fast a humanly possible.

Then they heard it. The sound of running water. They were near a creek or river, the one thing that would save their lives. In the darkness, it was impossible to tell how wide the water was, but by the sound, it wasn't little.

Thank you Pac
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

G’morning Pac! Thanks for the new installment. It’s a wonderful way to start the day.
    Visit me on Etsy: ModernMaille

Good morning! And thank you, great start to the day.

Thank you Pac, fantastic story.

Wayne

Thanks Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Clora's day, with Danny gripping tightly to her skirt and fussing at every opportunity, had not started off well. The silent screams of the child seemed to be interfering with her intuition , and she was getting a flashback jumble of danger, shooting, screams and horrible men, raiders of the most evil intention.

Finally Clora sat down in the rocker used by the nursing mothers and hoisted Danny into her lap. The emotionally wrung out child burrowed into her arms and slowly relaxed. Clora tilted her head back to rest on the rocker and suffered as the images in her mind became clearer and more horrific.

In her mind, she could see the burning of the orphanage, the blood spattered beds, and the results of the wanton killings. Tears streamed down her face, as she twisted and turned in agony. The ladies in the kitchen stopped to stare aghast at Clora and Honey went speeding down the hall to get Mark.

Mark wouldn't let anyone touch or talk to Clora, hoping that whatever she was seeing in her mind's eye would play itself out. Eventually she slumped in the chair and threw her free arm over her eyes. "Dear Heavenly Father, protect their souls," her piteous cry stopped all noise in the kitchen.

"Clora, Clora, can you hear me?" Mark insisted gently, "Clora tell me what's wrong." Bending down, he grasp her hand that was covering Danny's face, as if she wanted to spare the child the depravity she was experiencing.

Mark's touch slowly brought Clora back to the present, she blinked hard, seeing the kitchen and concerned faces of her family, instead of the destruction she expected.

'They are coming," she repeated hoarsely, "fifteen to twenty of them. The worst hell has to offer. Soon," she added to Mark's unspoken question. "soon."

The women scattered to find their men, the compound went into lockdown and frantic preparations were made to withstand a siege.

"What's going on out there?" Jerry was questioning Abby when she came in with his lunch.

"An expected attack, sounds like some really rotten raiders are headed this way." Abby helped the healing man to the small table in the room. The other men were brought their lunch and Abby started to speak. "Please eat while we discuss this. We need you guys to shoulder weapons and help defend the retreat. There's four of you here, three available to stand guard. We have kind of divided up nurses among you; so essentially, that's eight people away from the protection force. Unacceptable." she finished calmly; and waited for comments.

Jerry looked at her with a steady gaze. "What do you suggest?"

Thank you. Can hardly wait for the next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by sssarawolf View Post
    Thank you. Can hardly wait for the next chapter.
    I agree!! Both on the deep thanks and on the "can hardly wait!!"
    ( \ o / )
    / _ \

Sammy55:
    Following my Lord-
    Where He leads me,
    What He wants of me,
    Who He wants me to be.

Gonna be on pins and needles till the next chapter...Thank you Pac.

Thank you Mrs.PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

"I think we need to start with an assessment of your abilities, to see where you will do the most good."

Jerry nodded. His gal had a head on her shoulders, and that was concrete, factual and not in the least bit overwrought and emotional. He felt safe giving the strawberry blonde an accurate readout of his physical condition, knowing she had his back.

"If I can sit and brace a weapon, I'm good to go," he said quietly.

Abby nodded, her eyes searching his face for honesty, and finding the truth reflected back at her. "I will be there right beside you," she said as quietly, the double entendre not lost on either one of them.

"I like the thought of you having my six," Jerry complimented in a whisper. There was no need to involve any of the other couples in their private conversation, there was precious little privacy as it was in the busy, bustling household.

Jerry got a small smile from Abby and caught the flirty wink she sent his way. He tipped his head back and let his eyes sweep over her face. Abby wasn't a beautiful woman; nothing remarkable about her at all, except for the goodness of her heart and soul that glowed from within. The strength, honor and respect she gave him, made his heart swell with the emotion she was offering him.

This was Jerry's moment of startling clarity. Whatever lay beyond the exact moment they were in, they would be able to count on each other. He smiled a deep meaningful smile at Abby and touched her hand with his.

Her fingers slowly unfurled, her open palm inviting his hand to come together with hers. The touch was electrifying, the buzzing tingle felt as her hand trembled in his. Jerry closed his fingers, his masculine grip stopping the tiny tremors in Abby's hand as the both of them gazed at each other.

It was so hearts and flowers trite; no words were spoken, none were needed. Each felt that the other was needed in their life to present the strongest whole.

Abby's words to the other soldiers were forgotten as the couple looked at each other with wondering eyes.

Tess looked over as she was spooning soup into Isaac. The love she was seeing between Jerry and Abby, gave her a fresh stab of agonizing pain in her heart. She had loved Ben, and once upon a time he had loved her. But it never had the blinding white brilliance she could see happening to the couple seated at the table.

Tess looked down, not wanting anyone to catch the hurt she was feeling. Isaac's gray green eyes watched silently, and then he made a bold move. His hand slid silently across the sheet to rest on Tesse's. His hand was warm, rough with callused bumps, and strength. The strength Tess needed at the moment. Isaac let his hand rest on Tess's, not imprisoning it, but sharing.

thanks Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thank you Pac, Love your story I am always looking for more

Wayne

Thank you, very nice interlude before the action starts.