Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Story Repent, or Repeat
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,560 of 1569
    Thank you, nice to know that the one you need will be back.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

I wonder how they are gonna carry the wolf girl along with them? Trussed up like a christmas turkey maybe?

WAB
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."---- Robert A. Heinlein

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

#177b

The departure of the travelers was nearly derailed when they brought out the blindfolded, gagged and hands tied wolf girl. She smelled like a wolf to the pony, and he was having nothing to do with a predator/carnivore scent on his back. He bucked, snorted, crow-hopped and once gave an honest to goodness, head down, back hooves in the air, buck.

Clora finally brought out a used bottle of vanilla flavoring and dribbled a little water into the glass and shook it up. Pouring the scented water into her hand, she splashed and rubbed the brownish concoction on the pony's nose. He shook his head, lifting it skyward and protruding his upper lip in a comical way.

Clora capped the small bottle and handed it to Robert, who promptly put it in his pocket. "Thanks Ma," he said quietly and gave one last plaintive look toward the house, before he pulled on the pony's lead and they headed for the gate. The wolf girl grabbed for and found the saddlehorn, as the pony plodded forward.

Seamus and Phoebe were to either side of the pony, guardians of the wolf girl, in case she jumped off and decided to run. The three clueless men were walking behind the pony, chatting and laughing among themselves, like they had no worries in the world.

As they passed him, Mark wished them a speedy journey and safe passage, giving Lou a glare, hoping to intimidate the carefree youngster into acting responsibly.

Lou was high on the adrenalin of a new adventure and completely missed the warning scowl. Tim had his usual blank stare, and Weston was morose at the thought of leaving his 'girls' and heading off into the unknown.

Mandy had not come out to see Robert as he left, her pride was smarting and she was incredibly angry at her husband. She had forbidden Robert to go, and he acted like he hadn't heard a word she said. If she needed to category his long list of sins; he didn't turn around and look for her as he walked away.

Thank you Mrs Pac. I so look forward to reading your stories. The first thing I look for when I turn on the computer.

Thank you Pac.

Sully
    Got Jesus? It's hell without Him.

* When the People become scared of the government it's called Tyranny. When the government becomes scared of the people it's called LIBERTY!!*
    Thomas Jefferson

Home to a great chapter as always.

Thanks Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Jack Pot! Another installment! Thank you.
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

Thank You Mrs Pac.

Thank You Pac

Wayne

Once again the ebb and flow of clan life, found it's static level with the sojourners gone. Producing the most relief was the absence of the 'wolf girl' and her blood curdling, incessant howling. The calm peacefulness was restored to the retreat almost instantly. The sounds of childish voices at play, the low hum of adult conversations, the chickens clucking on their nests and once again the rooster greeted the dawn with a cheery reveille.

Everyone felt, "this is the way it's supposed to be," and renewed energy flowed like water.

The new family gladly shouldered the responsibility of moving several of the outlying cabins together to form a house. Every time Clora looked out the window to check on the progress, she was reminded of their first place in North Carolina. The sheds they attached to the small main house to give them all room to sleep and live.

So many of their family gone; and so many new members added. Clora was keeping a close watch on Tess and Abby as they prayed in the hospital room.

There was no doubt that Abby's strong faith and interest in Jerry, was helping the soldier to heal. Clora smiled as she recalled Grandma Evie's unshakeable faith in the power of prayer. Tess was showing the same deep, powerful belief as she prayed for Isaac, and she and God were keeping the man alive. Perhaps, a small amount of improvement could be seen, but Clora could feel that Tess's heart was becoming involved with Isaac. Clora wasn't surprised, Tess had a heart the size of the all outdoors, and with Ben gone she needed someone to care about.

Thank you Pac. Now to find out what is wrong with Mandy. Sorry I am curious lol.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thank you.

"How do we know which of these kids is whom?" Mark was helping Clora bathe their three identical grandsons. On their knees beside the bathtub filled with wiggling, squirming, happily splashing boys, Grandpa and Grandma were as wet as the babies.

"Paul has his left big toenail painted and Daniel has his name in permanent marker on the bottom of his foot. So by default, that leaves Peter unmarked." Clora chuckled as she captured a wiggling foot to examine it. There were no identifying marks on two of the little rascals, and the third that had a D on the bottom of his foot, had Clora frowning.

"There is a D, on this foot, but this is not Daniel." Clora said positively. "I believe this is Paul."

Mark picked a boy up out of the water and wrapped him in a towel. "If you want to hand me another one, I'll take them to the bed." he said calmly, rising to his feet.

Clora had to pull the plug, and drain the little bit of water still inside the bathtub before the babies accepted that play time was over. "The only thing I know to do is ask Tess when she comes in to feed them. I wonder how things got in such a mixup?".

It was a startling situtation. The only child marked, Clora was positive wasn't Daniel.

"Is this something Ben has done?" Mark asked in a perturbed tone. Try as he might, Mark couldn't feel sympathy for his confused, ex son in law/son; when Tess was concerned. Father and daughter shared a special bond, and even though Ben had been a heart child of he and Clora; that didn't trump the strong blood connection between Mark and Tess.

"It feels like it," Clora said quietly, "but I don't know why."

"Let's," Mark spoke decisively, "get these kids dressed and have you write down on a piece of paper, what you think is the correct name."

"Sounds good," Clora laughed, only she did one step further. Taking the permanent marker, she used her free hand to rub a little lotion over the heart of the boy closest to her. "This is Daniel," she positively replied and put a DM for Daniel Mark on the underside pad of his big toe.

Daniel was the easy one. She hesitated and waivered several times over the other two, rubbing over the heart area and finally saying much less positively, "this is Paul," and putting a PW for Paul Warren on the underneath of his toe. "Then this one has to be Peter Benjamin," and she marked his toe.

"Is there some way we can make a set of dogtags for these cuties?" and she tickled all three boys. "Some kind of chain that would be loose, but that they couldn't get over their heads. I can envision them swapping tags on purpose, when they get older. But if we can do that for several years, then we should be able to eventually tell by their personalities, who is whom."

Another day another puzzle, just another day in the life of the clan. (A lot of repetion there)

Thank you Mrs. Pac.

Quote Originally Posted by PacNorWest View Post

Once again the ebb and flow of clan life, found it's static level with the sojourners gone. Producing the most relief was the absence of the 'wolf girl' and her blood curdling, incessant howling. The calm peacefulness was restored to the retreat almost instantly. The sounds of childish voices at play, the low hum of adult conversations, the chickens clucking on their nests and once again the rooster greeted the dawn with a cheery reveille.

Everyone felt, "this is the way it's supposed to be," and renewed energy flowed like water.

The new family gladly shouldered the responsibility of moving several of the outlying cabins together to form a house. Every time Clora looked out the window to check on the progress, she was reminded of their first place in North Carolina. The sheds they attached to the small main house to give them all room to sleep and live.

So many of their family gone; and so many new members added. Clora was keeping a close watch on Tess and Abby as they prayed in the hospital room.

There was no doubt that Abby's strong faith and interest in Jerry, was helping the soldier to heal. Clora smiled as she recalled Grandma Evie's unshakeable faith in the power of prayer. Tess was showing the same deep, powerful belief as she prayed for Isaac, and she and God were keeping the man alive. Perhaps, a small amount of improvement could be seen, but Clora could feel that Tess's heart was becoming involved with Isaac. Clora wasn't surprised, Tess had a heart the size of the all outdoors, and with Ben gone she needed someone to care about.
    How is Phil doing?

Thanks Mrs. PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

Thanks for the update.

Thank you Pac.

Sully

* When the People become scared of the government it's called Tyranny. When the government becomes scared of the people it's called LIBERTY!!*
    Thomas Jefferson

Thank you Pac, I Pray God's Blessing on you and yours.

Wayne

As Mark was leaving, Tess was coming in the room. Tired and haggard looking, her vibrancy muted by the toll that being a prayer warrior was tiring her body and spirit. "I think he is doing better, and then he will make a funny noise and I'm sure he is leaving us," Tess sat down and picked up a baby, feeding the suddenly starving infant.

"Which child do you feel your holding?" Clora asked, in full view of Paul Warren's initials on the underside of his big toe.

"Ummm, " Tess's eyes fluttered open and she rubbed her hand on the child's arm;" "This is Paul, why? Are they mixed up again?"

"I believe so," Clora brought the next child to Tess and watched as Tess rubbed her free hand on the baby's arm. "This is Daniel," Tess said with a yawn. "But I thought his name had been put on his foot. It was wearing off, but it was still visible. There's no name here."

Clora double checked with the initials under the toe pad. "Yes, this is Daniel. Peter," and Clora sat with the third baby and offered the child a bottle, "Peter had Daniel written on his foot. Almost like it was a deliberate attempt to mix the identities around so we wouldn't know who was whom." Clora was a tiny fraction over the line of accusing Ben of deliberate maliciousness, and wasn't surprised when Tess nodded.

"I have to believe it was Ben," Tess said with a catch in her voice. "He started doing so many crazy things, this was just one of many. He changed so much, I didn't recognize him for the strangeness he exuded. I was hurt to my heart when I learned he had been romancing Sherrie. He acted like I meant absolutely nothing to him, that we were strangers."

Clora just nodded, without saying a word. It was as she suspected; but with Tess confirming the philandering, it was confirmed.

"I'm not sure," Tess said in a strained and wavery voice, "I think one of these rooms has a tunnel under it, I believe that was how Sherrie was sneaking out to visit that raider guy. I'm sorry Ma, I meant to tell you what I suspected and it slipped my mind. I've been so upset, I nearly lost it, when Ben died. I just don't understand it. After all we went through to be together, and then just thrown away so callously, that really hurt." Tess was crying and Clora let her daughter wash out the hurt from her soul.

Tess cried and unburdened her heart, finally able to speak of the wretchedness that had imprisoned her. She got mad at Ben, practically cursing his name and the black deeds he inflicted on her, the family and God. "Ma, I know I am supposed to forgive and not forget; but there is no way I am ready to forgive Ben. I still can't believe he did that and I can't believe he's dead." Tess's anguished voice broke with more tears.

Clora burped the boys and put them down for a nap. "Tess, I want you to nap with the boys. I will sit in the hospital room, and I want you to sleep as long as possible." Clora looked at her daughter. Tess was tipped over on the bed, hugging herself, with closed eyes and free running tears. Clora went to her dresser and got out a couple more handkerchief's and pressed them into Tess's hand. "Sleep now," she ordered, and Tess gave a little nod without opening her eyes.

Thanks Pac, good stuff as usual.

Betrayal is so devastating.

Thank you once again for writing about the "real" stuff many folks go through.

And the grit, faith and ability to withstand, move on and heal over time.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Dosadi

(Poor Tess)
    Dosadi

III

Thank you, good thing they got the triplets figured out, now if they will stay figured!

Thank you Pac for more of your fantastic story.

Wayne

Thank you Pac.

Sully

Thomas Jefferson

Rennie and Toby lingered over their lunch; the boys had scattered to the playroom and Lyric down for a nap. "What do you think of the new family?" Rennie asked, "aside from the fact that they had that bloke Weston with them."

"What I've seen so far, they seem responsible and willing to work. It's a bit scary coming into an established compound such as this one, and feeling your way around. They did gather up a good many children that aren't related to them, so that makes them caring, and compassionate people."

Rennie finished the last of her tea, and got up to take her dishes to the sink. She started water for dishwashing and pursed her lips in annoyance at the low volume of water dribbling from the faucet. "We're running out of water," she said over her shoulder to Toby who seemed to be concentrating on something out the window and not really listening.

"Um, I'm sorry, what did you say?" Toby had a intent expression and his gaze never left the window.

Picking up on his fractured attention, Rennie went to stand beside her husband, hoping to see what was capturing his attention. "What's got your interest?" she inquired.

"Those clouds," Toby frowned. "I don't like the looks of them. Please get the kids and go to the basement, I think we're about to get some real severe weather. I'm gonna run next door and tell the house to be on the watch."

Rennie nodded and went to gather her children. Toby was right, those clouds looked ominous and nasty.

Toby went trotting across the open area and whistled sharply, wondering where the lookout guards were and why they hadn't noticed the rapidly advancing weather front and alerted the family.

The kitchen crew was finishing up the lunch dishes and Toby loudly directed them to look out the window. "We've got weather coming," he shouted above the chattering, "we need to take cover."

All talking ceased as everyone crowded to the windows and doors.

"Wow, look at that," seemed to be the prevalent remark.

Toby hustled down to the hospital room. "We need to get these fellas downstairs," he interrupted Clora, Mark and Abby as they prayed. "Bad storm headed this way fast."

Abby shook Jerry's arm gently to wake him. "We need to move you downstairs right now, storm coming," she told the sleep groggy man. "Put your arm around my shoulder, no, not that arm, the one that isn't hurt." Abby stood up, grabbing Jerry's knees and swinging them off the hospital bed, the man almost in a standing position.

Carefully she tightened her arm round the wounded man, and helped him take baby steps toward the room door. "We have to go the length of the hall, then go left into the other wing, where the basement steps are. I will support you, but you need to shuffle as fast as possible."

She heard Jerry's hissing intake of breath as he followed her instructions and gritted his teeth. The hall was crowded with clan members and the new family all hurrying to the basement stairs. Several times they were jostled and Abby felt Jerry waver on his feet, but he kept on shuffling with dogged determination.

Abby stopped at the head of the stairs and let the crush of people flow around them. "This is gonna be rough and difficult," she whispered to Jerry. "I'm gonna be right here with you, and I'll help in any way I can."

Fully awake with the stinging, biting pain, Jerry used both hands on the hand rail and depended on Abby below him to steady his body. He was sweating hard by the time they reached the bottom, and in the murky dimness of the tornado shelter, he felt Abby reach up and kiss his cheek.

"Well done soldier," she praised in a husky whisper to his ear, "sit in this chair, I have to go back up and help bring down the others."

As Abby turned to go, Jerry caught her hand and gave it a quick squeeze. "Be careful," he said around pain clenched teeth.

"I will," Abby promised and had to wait at the bottom of the stairs as Mark and Tess came down with protesting baby's that had been rudely rousted from their all too short nap.

Oh No's! Can't have to much peace around the place.

Thank you.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

dosadi
    Dosadi

III

ThNk you so much PAC! Hope you’re doing well.
    Visit me on Etsy: ModernMaille

Thank You Mrs. Pac.

Thank You for more of your story Pac

Wayne

Abby ran up the stairs, and then stopped to help Ray with his through and through, back down to sit with Jerry. Milo and Toby were trying to maneuver Phil with the ripped open leg muscle, down the stairs. When he mercifully passed out with the pain, they directed Abby to gather up his feet and walk backwards down the stairs.

Laying Phil on the floor, they stationed Ray and Jerry in their chairs in front of him, so he wouldn't be stepped on by the milling crush of people. Milo looked over the disorganization and whistled sharply.

"Sit down on the floor, gather by families and do a head count, NOW!" he bellowed. "We need to make sure we have everyone."

Gary and Mark were trying to handle Isaac; and finally rolled him in a sheet and each one of them grabbed a end. Isaac screamed in pain, and that instantly quieted the rumble of people noise. Milo and Toby rushed through the crush of people to help as the deep and ominous sound of a train approaching, filled the air.

Clora and Honey, with Jainy, started singing. One beloved hymn after another, to task the frightened people to hold themselves together.

"Bruce and Mandy are out on guard duty," Trish screamed, "Mandy's kids aren't down here either."

Gary tore up the stairs followed closely by Milo and Toby. The outside was nearly dark as night with the deluge of rain that started flooding from the sky. Bits and pieces of the retreat were flying by, thrown about by the terrific force of the wind.

Gary went to open the door and Toby stopped him. "No way," he curtly yelled above the increasing noise. "I don't know where they are, but they should have been observant enough to have seen the tornado coming. Get your self back down stairs," Toby ordered and he and Milo stood side by side and began walking toward Gary, a living wall of muscle.

Gary had no choice but to turn and head back downstairs, out gunned by the brothers. When they closed the cellar door behind themselves, Trish let out a scream and started sobbing hysterically. Bruce was out in the storm and there was little hope for his survival. It was a sobering demonstration of the power of nature. Babies started screaming as the air pressure fluctuated wildly, with the impending storm.

The noise grew louder and louder, until it seemed the walls of the shelter would implode with the buffeting waves of air pressure pressing against the feeble strength of stone and mortar walls.

Then it was quiet.

Scared and crying people got to their knees and sang praises to God for delivering them once again. Clora's powerful voice combined with Mark's as they began the 23 Psalm, shouting the words to the heavens.

Toby tore open the door and rushed upstairs, frantic to know if his family was safe.

Outside, the rain was abating somewhat, but it looked like the retreat had been spared, as had his house. He ran to the outside cellar entrance and thumped on the door, collapsing in frightened relief when Rennie signaled back. She unbarred the door and they fell into each others arms.

"Come in, come in," Rennie begged, "It's raining so hard it will fill the shelter." Husband and wife hugged each other and the children and barred the door. As befitting the head of the house, Toby's deep baritone began a prayer, giving thanks for their safety. He had been so scared for their safety that he might have gotten carried away with his prayers, but Lyric started squirming in his arms and that brought Toby quickly back to reality.

The retreat had basically been spared. Across from where the road had been, the entire copse of trees was gone. As for the trees the guards had been stationed in; there was one left. Bruce was wrapped around the tree trunk with his arms, knocked out cold from a falling branch.

There was no sign of Mandy or her children.

Solid visuals!

Chap

Thank you Pac.Wow, a storm to eliminate a problem.

thanks Mrs. PAC

hate Mandy n the kids missing. Praying.

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III