Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CRIME FLA - Passerby shoots, kills motorist assaulting deputy after traffic stop
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FLA - Passerby shoots, kills motorist assaulting deputy after traffic stop

Passerby shoots, kills motorist assaulting deputy after traffic stop
    Published November 15, 2016 FoxNews.com
    Facebook Twitter livefyre Email Print

A driver who attacked a Florida sheriff's deputy Monday morning was shot and killed by a bystander who warned him to stop beating the officer, according to a report.

The incident began at around 9:30 a.m. when the Lee County deputy tried to make a traffic stop on Interstate 75 in Estero. Instead of complying, witnesses said the driver took off, reaching speeds of more than 100 miles per hour.

The deputy chased the suspect onto an exit ramp, where a witness said the suspect got out of his car and assaulted his pursuer.

Shanta Holditch told WZVN that the suspect pulled the deputy out of his car and "just kept beating him and beating him ... throwing him to the ground and punching him in all different directions."

At that point, WINK reported, another driver got out of his car and ran to the scene. He told the suspect that he'd shoot him if he didn't stop beating the deputy.

"[He] refused to get off the officer and the officer kept yelling, 'shoot him, shoot him, shoot him,' Holditch said.

When the suspect didn't stop his attack, the third man shot him three times. The deputy was not hit. The suspect later died.

"I heard like three shots. He fell down on top of the police officer," said a witness who would only give his last name, Smith. "After a moment, the police officer rolled him back over, got on his mic, then rolled over back on the ground besides the guy."

Authorities have not identified the suspect or the person who shot him and it was unclear if charges would be sought. WINK reported that the suspect was armed and the bystander who shot him possessed a concealed weapons license.

WINK identified the deputy as Dean Bardes, a 12-year veteran of the Lee County Sheriff's Office. He was briefly hospitalized with minor injuries, but later released

The southbound off-ramp at Exit 123 was reopened Monday evening after being closed for several hours while investigators worked the scene.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/15...ffic-stop.html

feel-good story of the day. Any bets as to the race of the dead perp?

Excellent outcome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post

snip

Authorities have not identified the suspect or the person who shot him and it was unclear if charges would be sought. WINK reported that the suspect was armed and the bystander who shot him possessed a concealed weapons license.
    Oh how the media hate guns and citizens who use them to save lives.
    Last edited by mistaken1; 11-15-2016 at 01:09 PM.
    Matthew 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

No bet. No description tells us all we need to know.

Then again, it's hard to say in that area. Could be some whacked out crack head.

A happy ending no matter the color of those involved.
    A 1965 To The Present Dime Is Worth $.10 Today.
    A 1964 To The Present Dollar Bill Is Worth $1.00 Today.
    A 1964 Or Earlier Silver Dime Is Worth Over $1.25 Today.

A lie told often enough becomes the truth - Lenin

If the perp was white the news would have said so, because, "ONLY WHITE MEN ARE VIOLENT!!!"

it was unclear if charges would be sought
    How are you going to charge a guy when the officer was shouting "Shoot him, shoot him!" ???

Figured it was one of the free states. Should put an FL in the thread title tho.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

A lesson here for cops in general.

The guy they treat like shit for no good reason could easily be the one to drive right on by in this situation.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

My question is: with 3 rounds fired, what was the grouping like?

Authorities have not identified the suspect or the person who shot him and it was unclear if charges would be sought.
    WTF? That HAS to be something the liberal snowflake reporter threw in, just for fun! The perp was on top of a cop, beating the hell out of him, and the cop was telling the good Samaritan "shoot him, shoot him!"

WHAT charges could possibly be filed?

My question is: with 3 rounds fired, what was the grouping like?
    Dunno, but it sounds like the good Samaritan also had a pretty cool head, because he managed to hit the perp 3 times and kill him- and NOT hit the cop. That's pretty tough to do (unless he was shooting something so underpowered that the rounds just lodged in the perp's body... which is possible/likely, I guess)

Summerthyme

The press has to do what it can to keep its news generators (thugs) alive. Implying that Joe Sixpak might get in trouble for offing one of them in the act is just one more way of doing that.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by geoffs View Post
    How are you going to charge a guy when the officer was shouting "Shoot him, shoot him!" ???
    Maybe they meant the African attacker. LOL

The guy shot until the perpetrator caught on fire, or changed shape. In this case, he changed to a crumpled shape.

Cops have always treated me fairly in any encounter I've ever had. I don't like a lot of the laws they have to enforce, but if I ever saw one in distress, I'd step in to help.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffs View Post
    No shit right?

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post

The guy they treat like shit for no good reason could easily be the one to drive right on by in this situation.

No kidding. And if the Deputy was either ambivalent or against concealed carry I'd bet he isn't now.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

The deceptive way anti-gun statistics are kept, anti-gunners will log THAT SHOOTING as another example of "gun violence" in America to be legislated against, along with EVERY OTHER self-defense shooting of criminals and killers that saves innocent lives!!

I muse...if killery would of won and the dems ran the table, would of the upstanding citizen done what he/she had done?

Probably not.

I know that since the Age of 0bunghole, I have completely stopped giving to charities of any kind. If they contact me, I just tell them to go to 0bunghole for their money.

I know that since the Age of 0bunghole, I have completely stopped giving to charities of any kind. If they contact me, I just tell them to go to 0bunghole for their money.
    Me too Dennis. Mostly bc most charities are concerned w paying upper Management and are not really about whatever they are "saving". Screw em. I'm more concerned about my family
    The Operative: “The path to peace is paved with corpses. It’s always been so.”

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post

what I was thinking too.
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

A Sheepdog... Bless him.

THIS is why I would hesitate to go to the aid of a cop.

http://reason.com/archives/2016/11/1...ent-is-running
    “What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” — Author Tom Clancy

This is the county I live in. It is good knowing folks can step out of their comfort zone to nail a bad guy trying to kill one of our sheriff deputies.

The hero is no doubt one of Hitlary's deplorables living here SW FL. Yup, a true hero in my book.

And yes, the assailant did change shape right?

Unless a cop were in the process of shooting someone's dog without cause or beating an elderly person, I would come to his/her aid.

Unless a cop were in the process of shooting someone's dog without cause or beating an elderly person, I would come to his/her aid.
    I would go to ANYONE's Aid who needed it...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared

"You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson

And now as Paul Harvey used to say "The Rest of the Story"

The armed passerby who saved the cop by shooting the black perp was.............
    another black guy with a CCL.
    He shot him 3 times. 2 in the body once in the head.

SHOOT HIM!' Dramatic moment hero bystander shoots dead suspect who was battering police officer in the road as cops begs for him to pull the trigger

Brave citizen Ashad Russell fired three shots at the armed attacker as witnesses filmed the incident

By Mark Hodge
    17th March 2017, 10:11 am
    Updated: 17th March 2017, 11:44 am

DRAMATIC footage shows a ‘hero’ citizen shooting and killing a man who was attacking a police officer.
    Video captured on mobile phones shows Ashad Russell firing three shots into armed suspect Edward Strother while he batters police officer Dean Bardes.
    LCSO

Police released this image showing the suspect attacking the officer 7

Brave Russell is pictured approaching the suspect with his weapon drawn 7

The armed suspect is pictured attacking the police officer who he has pinned to the ground Bardes, who was on patrol himself, had chased Strother for several miles in Estero in south west Florida before the pair clashed in the middle of a road.
    Witnesses filmed as Good Samaritan Russell approached the pair with his gun drawn.
    Barde reportedly shouted: “Shoot him, shoot him,” as Strother had him pinned to the ground.
    Concealed weapons permit holder Russell let off three shots all of which hit the attacker.

Strother was later pronounced dead after being rushed to hospital.
    The state attorney’s office confirmed that the killing was justified as the life of the officer was in danger.
    Lee County Sheriff’s Office praised Russell’s action hailing him as a ‘hero’.
    In a Facebook post, officer Mike Scott said: “Earlier this week, two heroes met on I-75 and while they had never met before, one would save the others life.
    LCSO

Edward Strother, 53, was shot three times and was pronounced dead later in hospital PERP DEAD Facebook

Lee County Sheriff’s Deputy Dean Bardes was on patrol by himself on the day of the incident WHITE COP WHO WAS SAVED 7

The officer could reportedly be heard shouting “shoot him, shoot him”

HERO BLACK GUY WHO SHOT ANOTHER BLACK TO SAVE A WHITE COP
    “Ironically, this was the first day in a while that Deputy Bardes was alone on patrol because as a Field Training Officer, he typically has a recruit riding with him to learn the business.”
    He heaped further praise on Russell, adding: “I thank the hero that recognised the imminent threat, rushed to Deputy Bardes’ aid, and ultimately stopped that threat.
    “In a day and age where race is a near instant focus for media and other pundits in police incidents, the fact is that this hero happens to be a man of colour who stopped another man of colour from further harming or killing a white cop…”

Russell is pictured after shooting and killing the suspect by witnesses who filmed the dramatic incident
    BLACK GUY WHO SHOT AND KILLED BLACK PERP AND SAVED WHITE COP
    “….thereby reminding us that black lives matter, blue lives matter, and indeed all life matters.”
    While Russell’s gun was taken as evidence it was immediately replaced by gun store Shooting Straight, Scott confirmed.
    Not a single 911 call was reportedly made during the astonishing incident.

:
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence
    People are crazy and times are strange
    I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
    I used to care, but things have changed

The mans gun was wrongly taken from him as evidence! This was not a homicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    It's pretty much standard procedure to take the firearm as evidence in Florida when it is used in a killing, until a judge or court makes an initial ruling on the case.
    Anyway Shoot Straight Gun Range/store gave him a replacement right away.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence

Yes it was a homicide. A homicide anytime someone else takes someone's life. In this case it was justified and was not a crime.

My main point of my post was that in fact turned out to be a black guy who came to the aid of a white police officer and shot and killed another black guy who was attacking the police officer.

The man will most likely get his pistol back.

That man was a sheep dog. By him a beer, and thank him.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    Yes it was a homicide. A homicide anytime someone else takes someone's life. In this case it was justified and was not a crime.

My main point of my post was that in fact turned out to be a black guy who came to the aid of a white police officer and shot and killed another black guy who was attacking the police officer.

But legally being justifiable as defense of another human in this case a public servant, its not an unlawful act or crime. I do not think it justifies taking the mans property from him.

My prayers are for the good Samaritan. Yes he did what he had to do but his life is now forever changed by that decision. Dear Lord bless this individual amply with grace and discernment that he may face the consequences with the realization his actions saved the life of another when others stood and watched.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

I have to wonder what would have happened to this 'good samaritan' if the victim on the ground being beat up by an armed guy was just another regular guy instead of a cop?
    I'm glad he was there and willing to act.

Quote Originally Posted by Txkstew View Post
    The guy shot until the perpetrator caught on fire, or changed shape. In this case, he changed to a crumpled shape.

Cops have always treated me fairly in any encounter I've ever had. I don't like a lot of the laws they have to enforce, but if I ever saw one in distress, I'd step in to help.
    me too.

I have had some 'dubious' dealings with cops when I was younger but the last 2 recent encounters have left us both laughing and the poor female partner trying to look stoic and trying to get away b4 she too cracked up.

she was a beauty and I asked if she could frisk me.

she declined.

never had to ask when I was younger

Quote Originally Posted by Old Gray Mare View Post
    My prayers are for the good Samaritan. Yes he did what he had to do but his life is now forever changed by that decision. Dear Lord bless this individual amply with grace and discernment that he may face the consequences with the realization his actions saved the life of another when others stood and watched.
    I hope his name is never published.

he will be in for a world of grief.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post

No wonder it didn't make the news more than what it did. An armed black motorist shooting another black who was battering a white police officer doesn't fit the narrative very well.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Quote Originally Posted by zeker View Post
    I hope his name is never published.

he will be in for a world of grief.

If it had been a white man, not only would the BLM/SJW type have leaked his name, but his address, job location, and family tree.