Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Story Crossing Blurred Lines - Book 3 from Ian Daniels
+ Reply to Thread

Crossing Blurred Lines - Book 3 from Ian Daniels

Book three in the series is done and quite frankly, I worked my butt off on it. My intent is for an initial book bomb on Monday June 20th, 2016 to kick things off with a real strong opening, but that's not going to work without people grabbing it up. It is available for pre-order now.

For the uninitiated, I'm a hobby writer, self published, that got tired of reading stories I didn't like, so I wrote my own. I didn't ever intend to release them, but I did, and people seemed to like them. I wanted to keep my stories a little less depressing, a bit more easy-reading, and a lot less like a disguised survival manual than the majority of stuff out there that take themselves way too seriously. I read stuff in this dystopian genre, but there were never any easy reading, somewhat fun type books out there.

For anyone who hasn't read the first two (Against the Grain and Pillars in the Fall), its simple fiction set in a time after a slow socioeconomic collapse in the US. The tag line I actually used was: There was no war, disease pandemic or spiritual die off. No zombies, no vampire Armageddon or super volcano... but the world went to hell anyway... And you have lived through it and want to continue to do so.

If you haven't read either of the first two, I combined them into one volume at a discounted price to get people caught up.
    Combo edition on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GK80I9I

The third book, Crossing Blurred Lines, is in my opinion a step up in the writing and also a really fun read.

Again, I'm going for a book bomb on the 20th, and could really, really use everyone's help to get it noticed. Buy it, like it, share it, review it, and hopefully enjoy it.

Crossing Blurred Lines on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H4NERCM

My site has a whole bunch of other stuff about writing in the way I do, some stuff about current events, and some other random musings about working out, guns, gear, intelligence, recon, and America.
    https://idwritingworks.wordpress.com/

Hit me up on facebook and twitter too.
    https://www.facebook.com/ian.daniels.308
    @idwritingworks

Thanks everybody!
    Last edited by Sefus; 06-18-2016 at 12:41 PM.

just got your first one... was not aware of your writings. They seem well received. I'll add a note regarding my thoughts. Congratulations on taking the thought and actually writing a book.

Jeff B.
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits"
    Plutarch (Roman Philosopher and Statesman)

I would rather have a print version. Available?

WAB
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."---- Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by wab54 View Post
    I would rather have a print version. Available?

WAB
    THats funny, I'm a total print reader too. Yes print will be available in 7-10 days give or take. The upload, review, and linking process from Createspace (the printing people) to Amazon takes a little longer initially but it will be an option asap.

I took a chance and bought your combined volume (Kindle). I've been reading it and I like it. So on Monday I'll buy your new one too.

Thanks for posting and letting us know.

Cat

I read the first two and will be buying #3 tomorrow.
    He's a good wordsmith, and the books are a bit different from others in this genre.
    TB is blessed with some great authors.

These sound very interesting and I love your titles. I would need to buy a print version, also, if and when available.

Will definitely let you guys know when the print links up. Thanks everybody, tell your friends!

Bought mine on Monday, how'd your book bomb do?

Cat

You know it did pretty good all things considered. I probably set too high of unspecified goal for this one, not for the opening day, but for the first 30 days. So theres still lots of time left (28 days) for it to snowball. I'll have to go back and look through my notes on my opening sales for the first two books. I remembered them being pretty good, although I had no idea what I was doing with them, or the first one anyway. All my marketing has always been word of mouth on forums and thats pretty hard to pull off without irritating people with constant bombardment, but whenever I've put any work into any other avenue, I get zero response from it. I guess thats why I've picked up the mantra of all self published/self marketed writers of why readers reviews and shares are so important.

The surprising thing for me is that the Combo book is actually moving pretty well.

Just finished it, when will there be MOAR!!!?
    I didn't really bounce Eeyore. I had a cough, and I happened to be behind Eeyore, and I said "Grrrr-oppp-ptschschschz."

I read the first on (Across) and am working on the second (Pillars) and must say I like them. I'll be getting the third when #2 is completed. I'd have whipped through them but work is kicking my butt right now...

Jeff B.
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits"
    Plutarch (Roman Philosopher and Statesman)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B. View Post
    I read the first on (Across) and am working on the second (Pillars) and must say I like them. I'll be getting the third when #2 is completed. I'd have whipped through them but work is kicking my butt right now...

Jeff B.
    Thats the best part, my intent was to give us all shorter, quick reads that let you escape from a hard day at work!

Quote Originally Posted by DIMDAL View Post
    Just finished it, when will there be MOAR!!!?

LOL, awesome. Besides the beta readers, you might be the first I've heard from that finished it.

Bought it.

Read it.

Liked it.

Recommend it.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

I purchased the combined book one & two and Crossing Blurred Lines. I have read them all and have to say very well done. Thank you for posting on this site, I will recommend them.
    Wayne

Well, it's been so long I had to go back and re-read books 1 & 2. I enjoyed them all over again and picked up stuff I'd forgotten about. Now most of the way through #3, and wishing he'd publish #4 before long. Like I said earlier, his writing is not down the same path as the other EOW novels and I like the way he builds the characters.

Looks like the paperback finally hit the shelves.