Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC American Community Survey
+ Reply to Thread

American Community Survey

What are your various opinions on filling out or declining to fill out the long privacy-invading American Community Survey? I've read horror stories about the long term harassment that happens to some people when they decline to answer the questions.
    Facing that decision now.

Over the years there have been a few threads on this Survey. And IIRC most threw it away. You could try the search engine.

Most toss it, and if someone stops by, they're given the bum's rush....

I recall several people that received this survey.

Most threw the survey into the trash when they received it,
    and one guy actually took it to the range, and used it for target practice.

A women that got the survey, called one of her US senator's office.
    They told her, that she did not have to answer anything but
    the short form US census. She also trashed the survey.

The government was given the authority by The Founding Fathers,
    to count the number of people every 10 years,
    and no further authority was given.

Regards to all,
    Nowski
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski

Yup, file 13, (trash it)

Guy came by, dh kicked him off the porch. Tried to stop us in the road on our way to town. Dh told him to get lost. Next he tried to bribe us to fill it out. ($40 if I remember right) DH told him to take his money and get off our property.......
    Supervisor came out then and was told to leave our property.....

That ended it.

Put a sign at the end of your driveway. No trespassing........ nuff said.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

We got one about 4-5 years ago. Trashed it.

Got a reminder form. Again trashed it.

Haven't seen or heard anything again.

Advice? Trash it.
    ( \ o / )
    / _ \

Sammy55:
    Following my Lord-
    Where He leads me,
    What He wants of me,
    Who He wants me to be.

Got a few visits at the front door, got a few phone calls, threats of a $5000 fine, nothing came of it.
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

You have to ask yourself the question whether or not your willing to stand up for your rights to privacy and tell them to get lost or are you going to comply and meekly submit to one of the most intrusive questionnaires known to man. AFAIK nobody has ever been jailed or fined for refusing the ACS or to fill out a census report. They'll huff, they'll bluff and threaten to blow your house down but in the end they will probably leave you alone. Yeah, you might have people come to the door and demand the information several times and you might get a number of phone calls, ect. Is your right to privacy important enough for you to put up with the hassle from semi official government wannabes? That is a question we all have to answer when the time comes.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

We had them harassing us so bad that I finally had to call the local PD, they came out got the woman out of her car, ran her through the ringer and then told her that we had no intention of answering her questions, if she stepped on our property again, she would be immediately arrested for trespassing, we never saw her again

After doing some research I think, again only my opinion, that they use the research for sec. 8 vouchers so they can find the nice white suburban neighborhoods and ghetto hood them up, again just my opinion.

Came back 3 times to my house, last time being a supervisor. I told him to fill it out for me, didn't care what he put. He left and never heard another thing about it. If it was just asking how many people, sex, and age I don't have a problem with that, but when the form ask me what time you leave for work, how many toilets do you have, and a host of other stupid none of their business shit questions, it made me mad.

...one guy actually took it to the range, and used it for target practice.

He should have given that one to the person who came to his door, while in his underwear with an AR slung over his back.

He'd never be bothered again.

Oh, and a beer in the other hand.

If you didn't sign for it ... you didn't get it.

And if your local SO or PD will not help you with trespassers ...
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Just got one of these. They are doing it online.
    I thought the circular file was the proper response.
    Look!!!
    I used the search engine right

Jeff
    Strange times can cause strange measures.

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
    1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.

Use it to help prevent the next ice age (woodstove)

Received one a couple of years ago. Rule follower of the house filled it out. Told him simply to trash it but noooo. So he saves it in case they came by. I shredded the damned thing and said “what survey?” Never heard another word. See I think if they came by the house I would tell them I never received it but am on my way somewhere and to just give it to me and then shred it and go round and round like that. Then when they send the stuporvisor out I’d call the cops. But I can be a turd. Picked up a call yesterday by accident and it was some chick in India about my Microsoft. I used my crappiest Indian accent to let her know we didn’t have mik-ro stoff and hung up on her. Tears.
    The Operative: The path to peace is paved with corpses. Its always been so.

Malcolm Reynolds: So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?

Texas State law poster I see at every grocery store, "obtaining forced labor is a crime in Texas". Forcing one to fill out a survey without just compensation is forced labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Normallguy View Post
    Just got one of these. They are doing it online.
    I thought the circular file was the proper response.
    Look!!!
    I used the search engine right

Jeff
    I think anything online is likely to be a scam.

State of Jefferson - On the Darkside where the cookies are...
    Land filled mine and never heard another thing about it. Kind of over the top for someone to come out and harass someone about this, but then it's from the government and they are here to help.......yeah - right!
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hfcomms View Post
    You have to ask yourself the question whether or not your willing to stand up for your rights to privacy and tell them to get lost or are you going to comply and meekly submit to one of the most intrusive questionnaires known to man. AFAIK nobody has ever been jailed or fined for refusing the ACS or to fill out a census report. They'll huff, they'll bluff and threaten to blow your house down but in the end they will probably leave you alone. Yeah, you might have people come to the door and demand the information several times and you might get a number of phone calls, ect. Is your right to privacy important enough for you to put up with the hassle from semi official government wannabes? That is a question we all have to answer when the time comes.
    many yrs ago

I was charged and fined ($100) for not filling out the census

the cop who delivered the summons told me that my right to a speedy trial (summons 2 yrs later) would have this thrown outta court

asked the judge about my right to speedy trial.

he replied

"that doesnt apply here"

The census and ACS are related but are different animals. Yes, you can be fined for not cooperating with the census. I give them the information that that I am required by the constitution to give them and no more. One adult male who is single...that's it. If I'm fined for it then I would rather pay the $100.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Again, the answer is - "What survey?"

If you didn't sign for it you didn't get it.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Online? No.

Paper version? No.

They hassle you for a while - just don't answer any out-of-town phone calls from Virginia for a few months.