Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Story So that your love may be complete.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Thank you Mrs. PAC.

have them disable all but one of the wireless signals as one you computer can connect to and it will stop jumping signals all over the place. You set it in control panel under wireless connections.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Toby and Meg sat the very young teens down on the kitchen floor and loosely tied them together. Toby, in an effort to control his rising temper, pulled their sweatshirts from the back hem up over their heads to block the teens view. They protested, whining that they couldn't see.

After Toby growled that they were lucky he hadn't shot them all, the foursome lapsed into silence. He sat contemplating his next move, while Meg rested and Maggie hurried around making coffee for her and Toby and flower tea for Meg.

It wasn't long before the tallest girl started crying, huge hiccuping sobs of fright and sorrow that they had been caught. Toby said nothing, letting them weep and wail until the foursome on the floor finally came to the conclusion it was doing them no good.. Then they tried talking themselves out of trouble, blaming Adoree and blatantly lying that she had told them to come help themselves to anything they needed.

Toby wisely had brought Adoree up from the basement and she was sitting in a chair at the far end of the table, listening to her so called friends blame her for the mess they were in. The very young teens were talking so fast that they were counteracting one another, as Adoree listened to them throw her under the bus.

When none of the tactics worked, the boy bristled up and threatened Toby and Meg with retaliation and the importance of his father and his father's job.

"Oh Yeah," Toby finally spoke, "and what is it that your father does that makes you immune to decent behavior?"

"He's a fire man, and if I tell him too, he'll let your house burn down if you don't let us go," the young man threatened, squirming on the floor.

"Why should our house burn down?" Toby inquired mildly, baiting the brash young man.

"Because I'm going to set it on fire," the teen bragged with prowess, "you just wait and see. I know how to do that, I've listened to my Dad talk about what to use, I'm dangerous so I'm telling you to let us go." the threat was brashly made and every word captured by the tape recorder on the counter top.

Toby looked at Meg as the faint warble of a siren could be heard in the distance. What in the world was happening to the common sense and decency of people.

"You just wait," the young man threatened, "you'll be sorry if you don't let us go, my Dad will see to that." and the three young girls chimed in with their agreements, citing the importance of their parents.

Please dear Lord, let Toby have a camera and tape recorde, let him make a copy and hide it before he shows it to the cops et al.

Thank you Mrs. PAC

Hope things are as good as they can be for you, and getting better.

It's good to read moar, its better to hear from you so we know you are still around.

Dosadi.
    Dosadi

III

Thanks Pac, great chapter, I also hope that Toby makes copy of whatever he has before turning over a copy of it. 99% of law enforcement are above reproach but there is always the rotten apple out there somewhere. Better safe than sorry later. Looking forward to more when you can, Blessings to you and yours.
    Wayne

Thanks for the new page, glad you are back, hope all is well.

Thank you Pac. I hope you've gotten your computer woes under control. I know how frustrating that can be.
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

Thank you for another chapter.

Thank you Pac.

Thanks, Pac! Glad to see you back! I was getting a little worried, but figured that you would come back when you could. I hope and pray that things are looking better for you and your mister. You are both still in my prayers.
    ( \ o / )
    / _ \

Sammy55:
    Following my Lord-
    Where He leads me,
    What He wants of me,
    Who He wants me to be.

Dear Folks,
    The story is going to get confusing. The chapter that just posted, was written and sent last week. It went off into computer land ...somewhere; and I wrote two more chapters that covered what 18 was about. They both vanished.

I can only hope I can get the story straightened out, if the others post. Strange!!

Hang in there, I have a house spotted that I like, so hopefully will soon be hooked up to a solid connection. My DIL suggested that some of Clora's cookies might have gotten in the keyboard, along with tiny spills of coffee, that along with my arthritis and the fact I can't press the keys as firmly as I used to, all add up to computer problems. When I get moved in the new place, I'm gonna put this old laptop in the driveway and run over it several times just for satisfaction. Thanks to you all, Pac & Mr. Pac.

Lol on running over the lap top Pac.

Just checking to say hi and looking for more, have a blessed day Pac.
    Wayne

Hope things get better Mrs. PAC

D.
    Dosadi

III

The one terrible outcome of the young teens daredevil escapade, was something they hadn't thought out. Who should be the responding Sargent, but the youngest hoodlum's father.

Their brief life of crime went downhill rapidly when DeJohn Williams discovered his daughter sitting on the floor spewing threats against the homeowners, using her Father as her weapon.

Sargent Williams motioned Toby to come outside while he bravely owned up to being the father of the smallest robber. "I'm so embarrassed," he mumbled, "I'm going to have to call another car to take over. Tell me again how this all came about."

Toby motioned Maggie to come outside and tell the good Sargent her version of the break in and robbery. Sargent Williams was standing near the kitchen door, just in time to hear his sweet, innocent daughter threaten the power of police force retaliation against Toby, Meg and their family if they weren't released immediately.

"My Dad is very important," Shereeza threatened. "If I tell him too, he will make your life miserable, he will arrest you and never let you go." She spouted wild accusations. "I am going home to tell him how badly you treated us, and he will come arrest you right away. He believes everything I tell him, so you had better watch out; you're in trouble."

At least dad is embarrassed by his daughter's actions. Looks like it's tough love time.

oh it looks like her "Dad" may not be a liberal! which could have been bad for our clan.

I sure hope "Dad" dishes out some tough love to his daughter.

Thank you so much Pac! I appreciate every single letter and space and breath of your story!

Be fun to be fly on the wall and watch her face when she is un hooded and sees dad sitting there with toby et al.

Thanks pac.

Fun fun

D.
    Dosadi

III

Thanks Pac great chapter, some time children have to learn the hard way , at least it sounds like her father will do the right thing.
    Wayne

Thanks for the MOAR, Pac!!

I, too, hope the dad does the right thing. It sounds like he will! And I hope those three kids learn a BIG lesson!!

Thank God that Toby and family are safe!! And that Adoree learned that she has to be more careful in her choice of friends and what she tells them.
    ( \ o / )
    / _ \

Sammy55:
    Following my Lord-
    Where He leads me,
    What He wants of me,
    Who He wants me to be.

Every time one of the teens in trouble opened their mouth's, they added more to the ammunition against them and gave the tape recorder all the evidence Toby needed.

"I'm sorry to tell you Sir, I am going to press charges against your daughter and her friends," Toby told Sargent Williams, "it's my opinion, that if the first charges are sufficiently severe, that may stop the glamor of crime before it gets a stronghold."

"I understand, I wish with all my heart it were different, but I understand." The overworked, underpaid and bone weary Sargent mumbled. "If I may, I would like to put a little scare into these four, I can't imagine what ever possessed them to try a stunt like this. They have been such good kids up to now."

Toby indicated the open back door with a sweep of his hand, inviting the good Sargent to use whatever methods he thought might work.

Sargent Williams hustled in the kitchen bellowing words like "burglary huh ? Been a lot of that going around, glad you caught the perps. The boys downtown have been wanting to make an example of these thugs, so let's get them cuffed and get them off to jail."

"Daddy?" a little squeaky voice tearfully sobbed, 'is that you Daddy, it's me Shereeza."

"...They have been such good kids up to now."

me don't think so! it sounds like they've been being scoundrels for a while... they have all those threats pretty down pat.

Thanks so much Pac!

hank you Pac. I hope your search for a new home is going smoothly. Prayers for you and Mr Pac.

Thank you, Pac, I've been doing a marathon reading of your previous stories and I'm going through withdrawal. Keep catching myself wondering when I'll have time to sit down and read more. I was intimidated by the sheer volume of Tessee, but I loved it. Please know I'm (and I'm only one of I'm sure many) praying for you and Mr. Pac. God bless you

Kate
    The history of civilization could actually be written by the level of its women ~Archbishop Fulton J Sheen

Yep sounds like they have pretended to be good kids. Thank you Pac.

Hoo, boy! These kids opened a can of worms!! And I'm sure they aren't going to like the taste of them!!
    ( \ o / )
    / _ \

Sammy55:
    Following my Lord-
    Where He leads me,
    What He wants of me,
    Who He wants me to be.

Minute they realize they are caught they sure start singing a different toon.

I might be ok with probation, if the cops and court would do their best to scare the dickens out of them, and require them to make 10 times restitution plus damages like it was also a civil finding, or they agree to plead guilty to a civil suit making them cash liable for their deeds in exchange for probation.

Plus 10,000 hours of community service picking up trash and sling bladeing road sides and such. Maybe even done on chain gang in prison orange so the whole town can poke fun at em, or perhaps a year of every Saturday and Sunday in the stocks and rotten food to throw at em.

I'm pretty tired of Minority urban youth (MUY's) / teens (code for MUY's) committing horrible crimes and walking away with a slap on the wrist if that.

How ever

THANK YOU for MOAR

D.

LOL - Daddy , it's me ; boo hoo hoo / lol"
    Dosadi

III

Tough love can seem cruel and extreme but it normally works better than any thing else.
    Praying for you and Mr. Pac.
    Wayne

The pity party was a magnificent spectacle to behold. The four teens used every truth, lie and accusation they could think of, to keep themselves out of trouble. Adoree listened without commenting, understanding the terrible urge to blame someone else for troubles of your own doing.

Finally, Meg relented and drew the teary eyed child into the living room to whisper in her ear. "Honey, you don't have to stay and listen to this; but Adoree I want you to be straight with me, have you gone with them to break into any houses?"

Adoree nodded ever so faintly. "One," she was crying, "I was supposed to stay outside and warn the others if anyone was coming."

Meg questioned her charge rather roughly, almost badgering Adoree to tell her story over and over until Meg was satisfied she was telling the truth.

Toby wandered into the living room in time to hear the next to the last tearful explanation about the youthful crime ring and their plundering.

He abruptly turned on his heel and went to tell Sargent Williams that there was another accomplice to the crime spree.

"Now I'm embarrassed," it was the younger man's turn to mumble, "our girl was in on one of the break ins and I want her treated the same as the other four. I want this to be a lesson that scares her right down to her toes."

If Sargent Williams had been contemplating asking the homeowner for mercy for his beloved but spoiled daughter, Toby's resolve put an end to it, before it got started.

Thank you ever so much pac.

oh Adoree.... what a shame after all the things you went through with the riots and your family dying... and the love given to you ... sigh

thanks Pac!

it is called tough love.

The men have one chance to teach these kids that such crap is nothing but a ticket to misery in so many ways.

For those not to far on the path of such a life, it can make them see the error of their ways.

That is the last chance, next time it's hard time, or a rope. JMHO

Loving story as usual.

Thank you PAC

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

#21b

All five teens were sobbing like their heart's would break; when in fact it was nothing compared to the hurt the involved adults were feeling. All five kids went downtown to Juvie Hall and Toby and Meg and Maggie sat at the kitchen table fiddling with their cooling cups of coffee and tea.

"Did you know about this?" Meg quizzed her daughter, fed up with teen silliness and irresponsibility.

"Not exactly," Mandy drew out the syllables. "I knew Adoree had done something, but she wouldn't talk about it to me. I think it really bothered her, cause I heard her crying at night."

"You do understand," Meg warned the young pre-teen, "that if you do anything as stupid as this, you will get the same harsh treatment?"

"Yeah," Mandy's eyes were huge and scared looking as she watched her Mother regard her very sternly. "I promise I won't do any stealing or such."

Claire and TJ came bouncing in the room, and Mandy used that as an excuse to ease away from her Mother's anger. Herding the two rambunctious kids into the living room, Mandy figured out of sight, out of mind.

"I'd like to believe Adoree was led astray by those older kids, what do you think? " Maggie let the question hang in the air.

"Definitely," Meg agreed, "But I'm concerned about her sense of right and wrong if she's that easily led astray. Here's hoping this will be enough of a scare to set her on the right track. I wonder if we should ask Mark and Clora if Adoree could spend time in the valley and simply remove her from all this nonsense."

Thank you Pac, yeah maybe some time away would help. When we lived in Iowa folks would send their wayward teens there to grandpas and grandmas or an aunts place. As we said in Waverly Iowa, it isn't the end of the world but you can see it from there.

SSSara,
    we used to go down 218 into Waterloo and haul corn fed beef West. Of course that was after we dropped our load of grass fed beef in Northern Iowa.
    Crazy that the meat had to make such a trip and add $$$ to the price. I thought that part of Iowa, around Waverly, reminded me so much of the Palouse Hills, except those crazy people back there can keep the humidity and tornado's. Pac.

Oh wow, so you know the area, we spent 5 years there and 2 of our children were born in Waverly. Yeah the humidity was so bad that it helped the corn grow without rain lol.

Thanks Pac, you never cease to amaze us.
    Wayne

Thanks PAC

I see value in shipping her to a different environment.

I also see danger that adoree might see it as a rejection and either turn bad or run off.

Evidence of forgivness and a chance to redeem herself where she lives also has strong value. Kind of finish facing the music. Just don't let her start bragging with the others like it is some of that stuff I hear tell of that they call "Street Cred".

Very difficult situation.

Thanks for MOAR

D.
    Dosadi

III

From Pac:
    except those crazy people back there can keep the humidity and tornado's. Pac.
    Watch it, youse guys! Keep in mind that some of us on TB Choose to live here. WE consider this to be God's Green Acres?
    What we are is God's gift to us.
    What we become is our gift to God.
    Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by kua View Post
    Watch it, youse guys! Keep in mind that some of us on TB Choose to live here. WE consider this to be God's Green Acres?
    Yeah, the south Texas brush country is also called God's country.... nobody else wants it, so He's still got it
    It's kinda hard to work within the system when it's a septic system.