Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT Main Israel/Hamas/Gaza Thread - Ongoing Border Strife, Major Israeli Attacks
+ Reply to Thread
Page 335 of 335 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335
Results 13,361 to 13,385 of 13385
    🇸🇬 Aleph 🕯️ א 🇸🇬
    @no_itsmyturn
    ·
    3h
    Israeli army in Arabic spokesperson(tweet with a cartoon): We warn the Bashar-Assad regime that it will pay a heavy price for allowing the Iranians and Shiite militias to operate from within its territory, turning a blind eye and even cooperating with them #Syria
    via:
    @lummideast
    Attached Images
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.
    She couldn't keep her colors inside the lines, so she drew new lines.

🇸🇬 Aleph 🕯️ א 🇸🇬 Retweeted
    INTELSky 🛰️
    @Intel_Sky
    ·
    10m
    🇮🇱 ✈ #IAF Israeli Air Force jets over South #Lebanon
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

EndGameWW3
    @EndGameWW3
    ·
    41m
    Breaking: Israels Northern population advised to stay in protected areas in view of estimates that Iran and its proxies are preparing a second attack in reprisal for the air strike on its Abu Kamal weapons depots in eastern Syria.

���� Aleph ��️ א ����
    @no_itsmyturn
    ·
    4m
    Ambulances reportedly transferring injured/dead PMU / PMF / Hashd Al-Sha'bi terrorists to hospital.
    Quote Tweet

الحدث
    @AlHadath
    · 41m
    #العراق — مصادر: سيارات الإسعاف تنقل مصابين جراء انفجار مستودع الحشد في الأنبار

Thread
    Conversation
    Doge #RavensFlock 1-0
    @IntelDoge
    ·
    1h
    Initial reports of explosions heard at an #Iran-backed Shiite group ammunition warehouse in Anbar Province, #Iraq (Sky News Arab)
    Doge #RavensFlock 1-0
    @IntelDoge
    ·
    1h
    Report came in from
    @skynewsarabia_B
    around 45 minutes ago.

Our correspondent quoted eyewitnesses: An explosion in a warehouse of the tribal crowd in Anbar led to the volatilization of shells on nearby villages
    Quote Tweet

سكاي نيوز عربية-عاجل
    @SkyNewsArabia_B
    · 1h
    مراسلنا نقلا عن شهود عيان: انفجار في مخزن للحشد العشائري في الأنبار أدى لتطاير قذائف على قرى مجاورة
    Doge #RavensFlock 1-0
    @IntelDoge
    ·
    55m
    Quote Tweet

ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    · 57m
    #UPDATE: Local reports claim unidentified planes struck an Iraqi Shi’a milita camp near Hit in Anbar Province and that rockets are flying out of the warehouse that was hit. https://twitter.com/omaralmansuri/st...131159554?s=21
    Show this thread
    Doge #RavensFlock 1-0
    @IntelDoge
    ·
    41m
    Quote Tweet

Aurora Intel
    @AuroraIntel
    · 49m
    Interesting that Hit, in the Al Anbar province, #Iraq happens to be right on the main route into #Syria. Right next to the location of the airstrikes from last night...
    Show this thread

Conversation
    ���� Aleph ��️ א ����
    @no_itsmyturn
    PMU / IRGC / Hezbol Lat are not in a good mood as their forces (terrorists) accidentally die in explosions or are being found dead in their houses.
    Doctors are trying to find a proper prescription like a chill pill for these dumbasses,F-35s are keeping them calm for now.
    4:49 PM · Sep 9, 2019·Twitter for Android
    Retweets
    @no_itsmyturn
    ·
    11m
    Replying to
    @no_itsmyturn
    Have to add Assadists and Pro-PIJ and pro-Hamas as well.

EndGameWW3 Retweeted
    i24NEWS English
    @i24NEWS_EN
    ·
    23m
    #BREAKING: Second round of rocket alert sirens sound for in southern #Israel's #Gaza border communities http://i24ne.ws/zdEj50w5VaO

EndGameWW3 Retweeted
    The Israel Link
    @TheIsraelink
    ·
    17m
    Hof Ashkelon Regional Council says that as of this moment, tomorrow will be business as usual.
    EndGameWW3 Retweeted
    The Israel Link
    @TheIsraelink
    ·
    18m
    Arabs firing on IAF aircraft, causing the red alert system to activate and Iron Domes to launch

Links at source....
    Posted for fair use....
    https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/inter...8-f1830bae0345

. False rocket alarms sound in southern Israel as IDF strikes Hamas targets in Gaza
    i24NEWS

September 11, 2019, 11:03 AM - latest revision September 11, 2019, 05:08 PM

Hours earlier, three projectiles were fired from Gaza, one of them lightly damaging a home in southern Israel

A succession of rocket alarms later said to be false sounded in southern Israel on Wednesday evening just as Palestinian media reported apparent Israeli strikes in Gaza Strip, which the Israel Defense Forces confirmed.

The late-night alerts were activated in southern Israel's Gaza border communities. The first round of sirens were reported as a false alarm set off by machine gunfire from the Strip at an Israeli drone, according to Israel's Channel 13 news.

Following the siren, an interception by the Iron Dome aerial defense system was carried out unnecessarily, the IDF said.

In response, the an IAF fighter jet struck numerous Hamas military compounds in northern Gaza, the army confirmed, adding that it will continue "operating against attempts to harm Israeli civilian" and holds Islamist group Hamas responsible for any activities coming from the Strip.

A third false alarm took place earlier Wednesday evening, just hours after three rockets were launched from the blockaded enclave.

Heavy machine gunfire was reported by local Israeli residents near Gaza around the time of the alarms.

Earlier on Wednesday, the IDF said it struck two Hamas military posts in the northern Gaza Strip in response to the three launches were fired at southern Israel.

Palestinian media reported that four people were wounded, two seriously, as a result of the strike.

There has been a recent spike in launches towards Israel this week, beginning with rockets fired at the city of Ashdod on Tuesday night just as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was about to deliver a speech at a campaign rally.

A Hamas official told Israeli daily Haaretz that it was not behind this week's launches, claiming they believe the attacks are meant to send a message to the Islamist group, Israel, and Egyptian mediators that "something needs to change in Gaza."

EndGameWW3 Retweeted
    Israel Conflict News
    @IsraelGazaICN
    Palestinian militants firing at Israeli aircraft in the northern Gaza Strip
    Quote Tweet

Newpress|نيو برس
    @NewpressPs
    · 3h
    #عاجل:

مراسل نيو برس: تجدد لإطلاق نيران المضادات الأرضية التابعة للمقاومة الفلسطينية تجاه طائرات الاحتلال شمال قطاع#غزة.
    5:02 PM · Sep 11, 2019·TweetDeck
    Retweets
    @MonarchinMN
    ·
    3h
    Replying to
    @IsraelGazaICN
    It can be a long night or they can end

���� Aleph ��️ א ���� liked
    Israeli Air Force
    @IAFsite
    לפני זמן קצר, תקפו מטוס קרב וכלי טיס של חיל-האוויר מספר יעדי טרור במתחם צבאי של ארגון הטרור חמאס בצפון רצועת עזה.

התקיפה בוצעה בתגובה לירי הרקטות ששוגרו מרצועת עזה לעבר שטח ישראל מוקדם יותר היום
    Translated by
    A short time ago, an IAF fighter plane attacked a number of terror targets in a military compound of the Hamas terror organization in the northern Gaza Strip. The attack was carried out in response to rocket fire launched from the Gaza Strip into Israeli territory earlier today

EndGameWW3
    @EndGameWW3
    ·
    1h
    Report in Lebanon: US envoy responsible for Israel-Lebanon talks on drafting the maritime and land border, David Shankar, warned of war in the region if Hezbollah does not change its behavior

EndGameWW3 Retweeted

EndGameWW3

@EndGameWW3
    8m8 minutes ago
    More
    Netanyahu: 'No choice but to bring down Hamas'

'No choice but to bring down Hamas' PM declares there is no escape from a military operation in Gaza. "There will be an operation when we are ready."Prime Minister Netanyahu on Thursday morning addressed the recent escalation on the Gaza border, saying that Israel will have to resolve the situation militarily.

"Stop getting worked up about an operation in Gaza. There will be an operation, but I won’t embark on it a moment sooner than when we are ready. I do not operate according to the Tweets," Netanyahu said in an interview with Kan Bet.

"Apparently, there will be no choice but to bring down Hamas."

Overnight Wednesday, IDF fighter jets attacked a number of terrorist targets in a military compound belonging to the Hamas terrorist organization in northern Gaza.

The attack was carried out in retaliation for the rocket fire from Gaza into Israeli territory earlier in the evening.

"The IDF will continue to act against attempts to harm Israeli civilians and considers the Hamas terrorist organization responsible for what is happening in and out of the Gaza Strip," the IDF Spokesperson’s Unit said. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/268780

EndGameWW3

@EndGameWW3
    10m10 minutes ago
    More
    Netanyahu flies to Russia after threatening war in Gaza @TRTWorld

or gaza

or gaza

Observer IL
    @Obs_IL
    PM #Netanyahu: #Israel may be launching a military operation (#Gaza) before the elections - "It can happen at any moment"
    Note: Elections are next tuesday

Observer IL
    @Obs_IL
    ·
    1h
    Replying to
    @Obs_IL

Jokes aside, there is nothing more dangerous than a politician having his back against the wall.
    EndGameWW3
    @EndGameWW3
    ·
    18m
    Replying to
    @Obs_IL

He will launch a war but on Hezbollah in Syria and Iraq. That's why he just met with Putin.
    Z SH
    @ZarrinSh
    ·
    3m
    if he met Putin he might actually not launch a #war, because Hezbollah, Syria and Iraq will lead to #Iran. And war with Iran is not recommended unless you wish to see #EndTimes with your own eyes.
    @EzekielJoe144
    ·
    1h
    Replying to
    @Obs_IL

That said, You don't say that if you're actually planning on launching an invasion of Gaza in the next 72 hours. You keep your mouth shut and surprise them.
    You make those threats when you're trying to slow daily rocket fire & sound tough to Israeli citizens who are sick of it

Not hard news, but speaks to the raising volume of chatter...

Israel Conflict News
    @IsraelGazaICN
    If I took a shot every time Netanyahu said something about an operation in the Gaza Strip this week, I'm pretty sure I'd be dead.
    12:58 PM · Sep 13, 2019·TweetDeck
    Retweets
    @mendinetdefault
    ·
    5h
    Replying to
    @IsraelGazaICN
    I feel ya’ ����

More replies
    Jinxmim
    @jinxmim
    ·
    5h
    Replying to
    @IsraelGazaICN

Bottoms up! ��
    Stepping On Glass
    @SteppingGlass
    ·
    4h
    Replying to
    @IsraelGazaICN
    Surely OP will deliver

Fair use cited...
    https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ori...-conflict.html

As Israel’s anti-Iran strategy shifts into higher gear, worries of fresh conflict grow
    Amberin Zaman September 13, 2019

Read more: https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ori...#ixzz5zZ2WSKt5

NIMROD, Golan Heights and TEL AVIV, Israel — The clatter of gunfire pierces the evening calm in Nimrod, an obscure idyll perched among the clouds in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights. Staff at Biktot Baraffel, a local bed and breakfast, dismiss it as yet another skirmish between the Syrian army and pockets of Sunni rebels in Quneitra, on the opposite side of what has long been called Israel’s "boring border" with Syria. But an escalating campaign by Israel to contain Iran and its Hezbollah allies in Syria is busting the complacency that has long enveloped the area, with growing worries that conflict between the Jewish state and its Arab neighbors may erupt anew.

Soyossi Koroi is a corporal from the Fijian battalion serving with the UN Disengagement Observer Force. The force monitors the 80-kilometer (49-mile) cease-fire line in the Golan Heights that has been in place since the end of the 1973 Yom Kippur War. He confirmed that things were heating up. “Hezbollah is active on the bravo side,” Koroi said, using the term for the Syrian side of the buffer zone.

This week, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) reported that it had identified a number of rockets targeting Israel from Syria. The Grad rockets launched from the Aqraba area southeast of Damascus landed 2 kilometers, or about 1.2 miles, short of the Israeli border on the Syrian side. The IDF blamed Iran’s Quds Force for the attack, which came shortly after a series of airstrikes attributed to Israel struck an alleged Iranian base near the town of Abu Kamal on Syria’s border with Iraq. Israel did not comment on the strikes, which are said to have killed 18 Iranian and pro-Iranian fighters.

Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah has, in turn, vowed to retaliate for suspected Israeli drone attacks in late August on a Beirut suburb controlled by his Iran-backed militia. These triggered the first exchange of cross-border fire between the foes since the 2006 Lebanon war, raising alarm bells across the region.

ALSO READ

CULTURAL HERITAGE
    Rich Ottoman recipes grace Istanbul tables

“Each military action increases the likelihood of an all-out war, which neither side currently wants,” said Elizabeth Tsurkov, a fellow focusing on the Levant at the Philadelphia-based Foreign Policy Research Institute. “Increasing Israeli attacks may lead Iran to believe that Israel is interested in war, and they may seek to preempt it. A Hezbollah retaliatory strike may lead to mass casualties, resulting in pressure on the Israeli government to respond more forcefully, further pushing both sides down the path of war.”

Jonathan Spyer, a fellow at the conservative Jerusalem Institute for Public Affairs, has covered Syria for many years. “The risk of an escalation is certainly a real one," he said. "If Hezbollah had, for example, succeeded two weeks ago in killing five IDF soldiers, as they nearly did, Israel’s subsequent response would have probably been harsh, and a deterioration to a wider conflict could easily have taken place.”

The uptick comes at a critical moment for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who is fighting to remain in power in the Sept. 17 redo elections. Despite critics’ charges of ruthless opportunism, and prosecutors’ investigations of Netanyahu's alleged graft, a large number of Israelis credit their prime minister with keeping the nation safe and deterring its enemies without plunging the country into another war.

Analysts dismiss suggestions that Netanyahu’s decision to expand its attacks to Iraq and Lebanon is a further attempt to clinch electoral victory. “It was a strategic decision and I don’t think that it was influenced by the coming elections,” said Orna Mizrahi, a former lieutenant colonel in the Israeli army who has held key positions in the country’s security and intelligence bureaucracy. She stressed over email to Al-Monitor that while neither Israel nor Iran desired war, “we cannot ignore the possibility of an escalation.” Mizrahi, who is currently a senior research fellow at the Institute for National Security Studies, said “we can’t ignore either” that Netanyahu’s decision to publicly expose how Israel is now operating in Iraq “was influenced by the coming election.”

This has led to some disquiet among certain Israelis close to the security establishment, Spyer noted. “The policy of silence was intended to make the other side feel that it had no choice but to retaliate in order to save face,” he said.

Mowing the grass, burning the weeds

Preemptively targeting Iran and its proxies in Syria, or “mowing the grass,” as the Israelis say, remains the centerpiece of the strategy to deny Iran a “land bridge” to its proxies in Lebanon, via Iraq and Syria. Such a route would pose an abiding threat to Israel.

This strategy aims to prevent Hezbollah from adding so-called "smart" precision-guided missiles to its arsenal of rockets, which a senior Israeli official told Al-Monitor number “at least 100,000.” The same source said that, faced with an entrenched Iranian presence in Syria, “it is now out of the question that we leave the Golan Heights to Syria.”

Defense experts argue that Israel’s tactics have proven successful so far. “We have built a system in which we don’t commit errors,” said Yaakov Amidror, a retired major general and former national security adviser to Netanyahu from 2011 to 2013, who continues to advise him on Syria. “The Syrian conflict is not our war. But we have made clear that we have two red lines. That we will not allow Hezbollah and its allies to build bases in the Golan Heights or any new launching pads against Israel," he told Al-Monitor. “We are bombing Iranian facilities and Iranian rockets in Syria wherever we identify them, and we are preventing Iran from building another war machine in Iraq.”

Even Netanyahu’s critics believe the strategy has worked. “I am a left-winger, but I must say the way Netanyahu handled Syria was excellent,” said Ofra Bengio, a senior research fellow at Tel Aviv University’s Moshe Dayan Center for Middle Eastern and African Studies. “We could have easily been dragged into a quagmire. Instead we managed to become a friend of [Russian President] Vladimir Putin and we can attack Hezbollah and Iranian targets freely while remaining on good terms with Russia,” she marveled during a recent interview in Tel Aviv.

Others caution, however, that there is no room for smugness. Patches of grass may be growing into weeds, and containment may no longer suffice.

“Iran and Hezbollah are stubborn and they keep coming,” said Yossi Kuperwasser, a former head of research at the IDF’s Military Intelligence Division and now a senior project manager at the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs. He suggested Iran did not depend on a land corridor. “The Iranians can fly their weapons to Damascus international airport and to military bases. They are trying to turn Syria into a base manned by the Iranians themselves," Kuperwasser, a former brigadier general, added.

“Iran has more foreigners working with it than [the Islamic State] did at its peak," Amidror, said. "More than 10,000 people came from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq to fight in Syria.” Amidror was referring to thousands of Shiites who are believed to have taken up arms against the Sunni rebels. Many of the foreign Shiite fighters are reported to have died. Their precise numbers, however, are a source of speculation.

Tough and lonely

With its unrivaled military and intelligence dominance — and unprecedented support from President Donald Trump — Israel seems indomitable. But the prevailing sentiment among many Israelis is that when push comes to shove, they are on their own. Trump is now talking about meeting Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani.

Russia may be easing Israeli strikes through its de-confliction agreements with Israel. “The Russians know we need to do what we need to do,” Kupperwasser said. But Netanyahu’s meeting with Putin yesterday — meant as a preelectoral show to impress the Israeli public of his global stature — was more of a cold shower, with the Russian leader warning his Israeli guest against annexing the West Bank. “I don’t believe Russia will sacrifice a single soldier fighting Iran,” Amidror observed. Moreover, part of the weapons coming from Russia to help Assad defeat the rebels “are winding up in the the hands of Hezbollah,” he said.

Rapprochement with Saudi Arabia and like-minded Gulf kingdoms — spurned by a common fear of Iran — has given Israel a diplomatic boost, but probably little else for now. None of those countries formally recognize the Jewish state, though Oman is rumored to be mulling the leap once a new government in Israel is formed. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia’s catastrophic military intervention in Yemen is hardly reassuring. As for Syria, “The Sunni countries are not interested in investing what is needed,” Amidror said.

Israel feels compelled to up its game while circumstances are on its side. The Israeli leadership realizes that Trump, who moved the US Embassy to Jerusalem and formally recognized Israel’s annexation of the Golan Heights, could lose the 2020 elections. And Israel’s “freedom to operate may be restricted,” Tsurkov said. “Whether Netanyahu is reelected or not, I believe the current aggressive policy toward Iran will stay on course.”

Found in:GOLAN HEIGHTS

Amberin Zaman is a senior correspondent reporting from the Middle East, North Africa and Europe exclusively for Al-Monitor. Zaman has been a columnist for Al-Monitor for the past five years, examining the politics of Turkey, Iraq and Syria and writing the daily Briefly Turkey newsletter. Prior to Al-Monitor, Zaman covered Turkey, the Kurds and conflicts in the region for The Washington Post, The Daily Telegraph, The Los Angeles Times and the Voice of America. She served as The Economist's Turkey correspondent between 1999 and 2016, and has worked as a columnist for several Turkish language outlets. On Twitter: @

Read more: https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ori...#ixzz5zZ0tZ4vP

Conversation
    Aleph ��️ א ���� Retweeted
    David A. Daoud
    @DavidADaoud
    Israeli jets reported in airspace above Naqoura, near the Lebanese-Israeli border

����Aleph ��️ א����
    @hey_itsmyturn
    پیشتر طی امروز:
    دو موشک بالستیک حوثی ها، در داخل خود یمن فرود اومد.
    Translated from Persian by
    Earlier in the day: Two Houthi ballistic missiles landed inside Yemen itself

I somehow lost touch with this thread so forgive me if this has already been covered but...

What is the current state of the Israeli elections? There is NO coverage about it that I can find readily and I'd think this would be a huge area of interest.

Anyone??
    For those who believe in the Resurrection, death is inconsequential
    http://needgoodnews.com

Hope this helps. Tis Last i have seen. jewlz

Posted for fair use....
    https://www.haaretz.com/amp/israel-n...mpression=true

. Analysis Israel Elections Results: Netanyahu Got the Mandate, but One That Won't Lead Anywhere
    Despite losing the election, the Prime Minister and all his indictments keep holding the country hostage

Quote Originally Posted by evenso View Post
    I somehow lost touch with this thread so forgive me if this has already been covered but...

What is the current state of the Israeli elections? There is NO coverage about it that I can find readily and I'd think this would be a huge area of interest.

Anyone??
    Israeli Amir Tsarfati posted an update a couple of days ago -- I'll find the link in a minute, but I think basically Netanyahu has more support than he had, but not quite enough yet. Their system confuses me, I must admit. I'll add the link to this post as soon as I find it.

Kathleen

ETA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QITb38TNJco&t=623s 23:27 minutes.
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45