Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

VIDEO Yellowstone Bison fleeing?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yellowstone Bison fleeing?

Anyone that is familiar with Yellowstone.

Is this normal behavior for the Bison to do this?

Fair use

Published on Mar 20, 2014

Animals can often sense trouble long before humans. These Bison are coming down the hills in droves and fleeing on the road to get away from Yellowstone. Is the volcano there going to erupt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMSPrHXvyws
    ___

The area to the left of the road looked steep and possibly impassable and the herd was taking the easiest way around?

Kind of scary thinking if they are running for their lives out of the Yellowstone caldera ...

SIRR1
    A hero is a man who does what he can. Romain Rolland

Amazing how they were following the rules of the road.

Wow, they aren't wasting any time. And the right side of the road, too!

I wouldl say that's 'heap bad medicine' when I see that! That worries me. V

Comment under the video:

Michael Brennan
    2 days ago

There are two herds in Yellowstone, the northern and central. They migrate out of the park near West Yellowstone every Spring.

Hopefully, this migration does not coincide with a Yellowstone event.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

It was three days ago. I'd bet more on wolves than volcano.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
    The Wolves have very little impact on Yellowstone's Bison. It's the Elk that have something to worry about.

Fair use

Animals Leaving Yellowstone? Earthquakes and Seismic Activity
    ByTom Lupshu
    Mar 23, 2014

Nearly one quarter of the northern elk herd at Yellowstone National Park is missing, according to the annual winter count, but biologists aren't sure if there's been a stunning decline in the herd or if other factors have skewed the tally. Current Helium releases at 1000 times above normal. Complete media blackout. Herds of bison running for their lives on the public roadways and they were not being chased or rounded up, the bison were running down the mountain slopes onto roadways running right past a filming crew. They detect something vast and deadly. The Yellowstone Supervolcano is the only thing there that would fit the bill. Watch the animals and watch them close, they will always give you a heads up before an event. Very strange, is the caldera about to blow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEH58QvFH0w
    ___

If it's only the bison then I'm not worried, if it's ALL Of the animals well then I'll be booking a flight to someplace in southern Europe and pronto!

K-

Someone noted that they are scattered and running uphill.

If they were just migrating they probably wouldn't be doing that?
    ___

This does concern me, those bison are expending an awful lot of energy at a time if the year when nutritious food is at an annual low - something does not seem right here. Plus the wild animals will travel on roads as an easy walkway but not for great distances nor usually at that speed as the hard surfaces are hard on their hoofs. Wonder how far they have been running like that?

DM
    NEVER AGAIN!

The problem is that people keep screaming:"The wolf is coming, the wolf is coming!" so often that we never notice the coyote that is running off with the chickens.

"I could be wrong, it could be worse." Infomajic

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    Man, that bison parade would have totally freaked me out. I would have turned the car around and fled with them!
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

this is just a yearly ritual of these types of claims...

http://askville.amazon.com/rumors-an...estId=32879582

http://askville.amazon.com/rumors-an...estId=32879582

they've been saying this for years

YELLOWSTONE - EDGAR CAYCE
    OP
    7/26/2005 5:00 PM
    Report Abusive Post
    Report Copyright Violation
    YELLOWSTONE - EDGAR CAYCE
    Suggest Pin Quote [+]

Ive seen the reports of animals fleeing Yellowstone Park. If, indeed. I sure sign of pending eruption.

Im not sure, but I think Cayce spoke of Yellowstone erupting heralding the REAL Earth changes.

Hang on people!
    mopar28m
    12/8/2005 10:13 AM
    Report Abusive Post
    Re: YELLOWSTONE - EDGAR CAYCE Quote [+] #

Animals fleeing Yellowstone?

When?

Huge lots of them leaving or just stragglers?

Can anyone in the yellowstone area confirm this?
    Rev. Star Gazer
    Report Abusive Post

The only thing Ive seen is someone ASKING about it on syzygy. No responses from anyone in the area....yet.
    Report Abusive Post

montana 5.4 recently
    Slick
    Report Abusive Post

Ya know, I went to the syzygy site and read the posts.

No one said that animals were fleeing Yellowstone.

They said it was a dream.

I wouldnt pack....yet
    Anonymous Coward
    Report Abusive Post

A moderate earthquake occurred at 04:08:35 (UTC) on Tuesday, July 26, 2005. The magnitude 5.6 event has been located in WESTERN MONTANA. (This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.)

Magnitude 5.6
    Date-Time Tuesday, July 26, 2005 at 04:08:35 (UTC)
    = Coordinated Universal Time
    Monday, July 25, 2005 at 10:08:35 PM
    = local time at epicenter
    Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
    Location 45.396N, 112.570W
    Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
    Region WESTERN MONTANA
    AC
    Report Abusive Post

Check the missing buffalo report from Butte.
    Report Abusive Post

275: please give link for the buffalo story
    Anonymous Coward
    Report Abusive Post

OP
    Report Abusive Post

Earth Changes

Edgar Cayce predicted that the Great Lakes would empty into the Gulf of Mexico in the future and that ancient repositories would be discovered when people reached the appropriate level of consciousness. The three repositories mentioned are Egypt, the Bimini area, and the Yucatan.

"The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America. When there is the first breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea and those as apparent in the sinking or rising of that thats almost opposite same, or in the Mediterranean, and the Etna area, then we many know it has begun."

"If there are greater activities in Vesuvius or Pelee, then the southern coast of California and the areas between Salt Lake and the southern portions of Nevada, we may expect, within the three months following same, inundation by the earthquakes. But these are to be more in the Southern than the Northern Hemisphere."

"There will be the upheavals in the Arctic and in the Antarctic that will make for the eruption of volcanoes in the torrid areas, and there will be the shifting then of the poles -- so that where there has been those of a frigid or the semi-tropical will beco

Quote Originally Posted by Kendo View Post

The 1st copy of this video, according to a google search, was actually dated Mar 16, so it has been even longer.

BTW, if you google this and find the 1st video from Mar 16, you'll notice that the person taking the video is not surprised at all by this behavior.

Deleted: source too speculative and tilting favoring extreme woo-woo.
    Last edited by L.A.B.; 03-24-2014 at 02:49 PM.

The buffalo could be running from wolves, and bears (the grizzlies and black bears) are coming out of hibernation this happens quite often, there are a lot of wolves and bears there.

The wolves have killed the elk and the moose but the biologists don't want to admit that. One elk herd has gone for 20,000 animals to a little over 2,000 elk, the wolves are wiping out the big game herds.
    Some people are only alive because there are laws against killing them.

Suspect "video" faked. Bison cast shadows. Posts and vegetation
    do not. Images of last two bison disappear before passing
    camera location.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Hand View Post

The buffalo could be running from wolves, and bears (the grizzlies and black bears) are coming out of hibernation this happens quite often, there are a lot of wolves and bears there.

The wolves have killed the elk and the moose but the biologists don't want to admit that. One elk herd has gone for 20,000 animals to a little over 2,000 elk, the wolves are wiping out the big game herds.
    These wouldn't be, by any chance, some of the wolves the federal government decided to re-introduce into the ecosystem, would they?

The Obama Administration constitutes a pseudocompetocracy, i.e., rule by those whose primary skill is in feigning competence.

I hope its not so.

this is from last year .... same behavior by the bison in running on the right side of the

road .........think the bison went to traffic school?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...terrified.html

Buffalo stampede leaves bikers in Illinois terrified

Amateur video shows a herd of buffalo stampeding past a group of bikers on a rural road in the US Midwest.

5:00PM BST 16 Aug 2013

Most motorcyclists are used to encountering a range hazards on the road, from wet leaves to distracted car drivers, but few have found themselves in the middle of a stampede.

Amateur video from rural Illinois shows a group of bikers forced to shelter at the side of the road as a group of buffalo charge down the road.

The animals, also know as American Bison, can weigh between 700 and 2200lbs and move at up to 40mph.

BTW, notice at the end in the 1st video a bison is just cresting the slope from where the others came from? there is always someone bringing up the rear, eh?

Fleeing the Liberal State .. smart animals
    It is sunny here in Arizona :)

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Anyone that is familiar with Yellowstone.

Is this normal behavior for the Bison to do this?

Fair use

Published on Mar 20, 2014

Animals can often sense trouble long before humans. These Bison are coming down the hills in droves and fleeing on the road to get away from Yellowstone. Is the volcano there going to erupt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMSPrHXvyws
    We were in Yellowstone last June and saw a large heard travelling on the road 2 days in a row. But they were walking slowly. Definitely not running as this video clearly shows. Something's up to spook them like this.
    If it's not right, don't do it. If it's not true, don't say it.

Before we throw this in unexplained (because it may be explained) is one: establish do they do this frequently (maybe not every year but say ever few years?) also are other animals in the area acting strangely or as my Native Elder Friend says:

"The tribal people said that when the tame ones become wild and run off and the wild ones act as if they are tame and enter the village, it is likely an earthquake [or similar natural issue] is about to happen."

We were talking about earthquakes but he said it can also happen with forest fires, volcanoes, violent storms sensed from hundreds of miles away etc- but the domestic animals running away and wild animals entering the living areas of humans and sometimes even allowing themselves to be touched etc; that is a huge, freeking warning sign that something is up.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Hand View Post

Black Bears do not kill Bison. They aren't nearly big nor powerful enough. Furthermore, the number of Moose in the park is on the increase. Get your facts straight.

well, if Yellowstone blew, there would really be nothing to prep for except maybe a flight to Australia

"progressives" - progressively destroying America for decades.

That looks like the Lamar Valley. When I was there a couple of years ago they were all in the road like that. But they were not running like that.
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

There may be many reasons for the bison running down the road. But I personally find it disturbing. I am a St. Helens survivor and the Elk just poured off the mtn prior to the eruptions. So did the birds and other animals. But the elk were the most noticeable. I find this very scary.

LIVE WITHIN YOUR HARVEST

Bison are herd animals. The ones at the end will run to catch up to the leaders in the front ... especially when they are all strung out like that. We've been to Yellowstone numerous times and it just didn't look that freaky to me, I've personally witnessed the same behavior. When a buffalo looks like they are running late for an appointment it behooves everyone else to get out of their way.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isnt it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists? - Kelvin R. Throop III

Liberal state?
    Do you even know where Yellowstone is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevmoley View Post
    Fleeing the Liberal State .. smart animals
    Snarky-assed, gun toting prepper Pagan!

Keep in mind that not every eruption at Yellowstone was a caldera event. It has more "normal" volcanic eruptions than regionally disasterous ones. Even if this behavior was related to magma movements underground, it doesn't automatically mean TEOTWAWKI.
    Blurring the lines between Science Fiction and Fantasy on a daily basis

Who knows. Seems to me I have read about the Bison migrating out of the park many times before. Like someone else mentioned, what about all the other animals. Are they evacuating also? I read Cayce years ago, and if I remember correctly, all these Earth change predictions were to occur between 1958 and 1998. Didn't happen.
    In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people. Source The Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    There may be many reasons for the bison running down the road. But I personally find it disturbing. I am a St. Helens survivor and the Elk just poured off the mtn prior to the eruptions. So did the birds and other animals. But the elk were the most noticeable. I find this very scary.
    THANK YOU---I find a first-person account like that more valuable than anything else I've read here.

I also remember the elephants FLEEING the coast and stampeding uncontrollably into the hills just before that big tsunami hit in the Philippines (?) some years back---I remember reading one of the driver's life was saved that way as he could not control his beast and could only hang onto its back as it stampeded away--and it got him high up enough to be out of danger....
    "Put up thy sword into the sheath; the cup that the Father has given me, shall I not drink it?"

The only "change" I CAN believe in: I Corinthians 15: 51-52...

Short video of a normal Bison migration.

Fair use

Uploaded on Sep 19, 2011

Almost got trapped in the middle of bison migration in Hayden Valley - Yellowstone National Park. As I was taking pictures, part of the large herd was actually right next to me and behind me - and they started coming down my way. Had to filmed them really quickly - then skedaddle to a different pull out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjMr6skQD80
    ___

Quote Originally Posted by Slatewiper View Post
    Black Bears do not kill Bison. They aren't nearly big nor powerful enough. Furthermore, the number of Moose in the park is on the increase. Get your facts straight.
    Black Bears are veracious hunters. They kill bison but not the adults. They kill the new born at night. They are excellent night hunters and the bison hide their new born and graze. Black bears hunt by smell and nail them. I had to learn this lesson the hard wallet way. Same with elk calves. It is not unusual to see a herd of bison take off running. The lead cow gets the feeling to take off and the rest will follow rapidly. Sometimes it is a predator but could be the smell of new grass or the need for water or mineral. The herd instinct in bison over bears all others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Head View Post
    Black Bears are veracious hunters. They kill bison but not the adults. They kill the new born at night. They are excellent night hunters and the bison hide their new born and graze. Black bears hunt by smell and nail them. I had to learn this lesson the hard wallet way. Same with elk calves. It is not unusual to see a herd of bison take off running. The lead cow gets the feeling to take off and the rest will follow rapidly. Sometimes it is a predator but could be the smell of new grass or the need for water or mineral. The herd instinct in bison over bears all others.
    Neither Black Bears or Grizzly Bears are "voracious hunters." The vast majority of their diet isn't even meat and when the do eat it it's usually carrion not something they kill themselves. The only exception is bears feeding on migrating salmon to fatten up for the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by AzProtector View Post
    Liberal state?
    Do you even know where Yellowstone is?
    lol.. Not sure why I had CA. on my mind.. I did have a few drinks watching the games yesterday..
    It is sunny here in Arizona :)

I remember reading somewhere about the huge buffalo herds migrating, & they could be heard running for miles around. Could just be doing what their ancestors have done for thousands of years.
    Job5:20: In famine he shall redeem thee from death: and in war from the power of the sword.

Ps.91: 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
    11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Slatewiper View Post
    Neither Black Bears or Grizzly Bears are "voracious hunters." The vast majority of their diet isn't even meat and when the do eat it it's usually carrion not something they kill themselves. The only exception is bears feeding on migrating salmon to fatten up for the winter.
    I had been in the bison business since the 80's. I have personally witnessed their ability to consume meat. They will eat everything but the hind hoofs. Don't know why? They are basically a noise full of teeth. Nice canine teeth that just don't eat berries. The last black bear to attack my herd put them 6 miles to the east. It was a mess. I called the warden and we measured a 7" paw print. That is huge for a Black Bear. He gave me permission to shoot to protect my stock and then tried to give me some rubber bullets. I immediately ask him if I looked liked someone who would use rubber bullets? My neighbor lost a 600 lb. steer to a black bear. One swipe across the neck and it was over. Just ate the soft organs and moved on. The state investigated and paid him for the kill. A neighbor while guiding an elk hunt next to us witnessed a black bear with two cubs jump from ambush and take down a cow elk. That one just taught her cubs how to do it. Another neighbor saw a black bear while on a walk more than half mile away to his right. He kept walking and the bear ambushed him down the trail knocking him out. His dog kept the bear at bay while he regained his senses. Another young man to the north of us had his head taken off with one swipe from a black bear. When the wardens arrived there where other bears eating the remains. While working in Alaska it was not uncommon for Grizzlies in the spring to gorge themselves on Caribou calves. Had a friend shoot a big Grizz on a hunt and he was full of caribou calves. No my friend you can believe what you want, for my part I will conduct myself according to what I have witnessed. Forgot to mention the video posted on TB last year about the bear chasing a bison down the road and off into the woods. The bison got away in the woods but had burned itself in a hot spring. Park officials said they put the bison down. They are predators of opportunity. Maybe yours eat berries but ours have moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    Wow, they aren't wasting any time. And the right side of the road, too!
    That's because they are American Buffalo. British buffaloes run on the left side.

(Sorry, I was just practicing my liberalese).