Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PLAY What are your predictions for 2014 - anything goes.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

5 What are your predictions for 2014 - anything goes.

What is everyone's predictions for 2014? Anything goes on this list.

Between the mountains and the deep blue sea
    One year from now we will be sitting here or there making our predictions for 2015.
    Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of food, gas and electricity plus current market conditions, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

There are only 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Obvious more terrorist attacks.

I predict that my Bengals will at least win one play off game this year. Maybe even two

There are going to be a lot of PO'd people when they realize exactly what Ocare means for them personally. And I predict that some people that thought Ocare would save a family member, actually watch one die as a direct result of Ocare.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isn’t it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?” - Kelvin R. Throop III

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy in FL View Post
    There are going to be a lot of PO'd people when they realize exactly what Ocare means for them personally. And I predict that some people that thought Ocare would save a family member, actually watch one die as a direct result of Ocare.
    Agree 100%. It makes me angry that we tell people the truth and they laugh at us. Let them find the truth for them self. This is why we call it "Obama - No - Care".

Dems win the House and Senate in '14.

Palmetto
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Non nobis, non nobis, Domine, Sed nomini tuo da gloriam (Not to us, not to us, O Lord, But to thy name give glory.)

Interest rates start going up, as quantitative easing goes from $85B/mo to $75B/mo, with economy getting even less stable.

Smart and wealthy continue to "play" the ignorant drooling masses, which continue to decline culturally (e.g. Miley Cirus) and criminally (e.g. flash-mobs and knock-out games).

11. 1. World War III does not start in 2014. (My reason: the Big War has been possible since 1949, when the Soviets joined us in the nuclear club. We've since had 64 years without the nukes going off. If we got through 64 years of peril, why not 65 years? Anyone who says that the present times are uniquely perilous may not remember the Cold War adequately. We somehow avoided WWIII over Berlin, Quemoy and Matsu, Korea, Cuba, Vietnam, the Yom Kippur War, and various Arab-Israel crises, when the Soviets were allies of Syria and Egypt. Stalin and Mao, two of history's greatest murderers, had their hands on the Button ... and never pushed it. Soviet tanks never poured through the Fulda Gap. Why might we not dodge the Final War for one more year?)
    2. The Greater Depression does not start. Various Austrians, gold bugs, and libertarians have been writing about sudden, overwhelming economic collapse since the late 1960s. (Remember Harry Browne and Howard Ruff, among others?) We've had depressions - 1973-75, 1981-82, and above all, 2008-date ... but none of them have even approached, let alone passed, the 1930s in severity.
    3. The Rapture does not occur ... again. Nor does the Warning, the Miracle, or the Three Days of Darkness.
    4. The President does not declare martial law or suspend elections.

I've been watching Doom events for a long time, and the End never comes as predicted. Maybe Doom will come in our lifetime, but perhaps it will come, as said in the Scriptures, as a thief in the night ... a surprise to everyone.

If I am now a Polly, do I get a cracker?

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    One year from now we will be sitting here or there making our predictions for 2015.
    I predict, that this is the only prediction that will come to be. All the others posted will be the same bullshit we see every year that never happen.
    It is not enough to learn from books and from schools. Learn from the trees, and the water, and the animals. Listen and see. To learn from books is to learn only what man knows. To listen and see the world, is to learn from what man forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucus Sunday View Post
    ^^^^THIS^^^^

DM
    NEVER AGAIN!

The problem is that people keep screaming:"The wolf is coming, the wolf is coming!" so often that we never notice the coyote that is running off with the chickens.

"I could be wrong, it could be worse." Infomajic

I predict we will see a substantial percentage of the U.S. west coast population migrate up to Canada - as a result of Fukishima radiation.
    Last edited by Hacker; 01-01-2014 at 01:59 AM.

Too many countries are seeking Nweapons. I think more countries will be possession of WMD and some clown will ose one, and that all open the force on force response. Good chance of that.

Lomg term watch China and Russia.
    "The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." - John Philpot Curran

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences of attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it - Thomas Jefferson

I predict...

Prices will continue to go up.
    Politicians will continue to be crooks.
    Some people will die.
    Some people will be born.
    And TB2k will continue churning along.

Happy New Year to All!

I predict I will finally win the Lottery !!!

(Yeah, right)

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Some will thrive, many will be eaten.

Socially, Economically, Politically, Emotionally or Spiritually - take your pick.

I predict that whatever doom is going to happen, is going to come totally out of left field.

1st contact with a sentient alien life.
    “These are the times in which a genius would wish to live. It is not in the still calm of life, or the repose of a pacific station, that great characters are formed. The habits of a vigorous mind are formed in contending with difficulties. Great necessities call out great virtues. When a mind is raised, and animated by scenes that engage the heart, then those qualities which would otherwise lay dormant, wake into life and form the character of the hero and the statesman.” _A. Adams

The politicians, media and banksters will keep trying to convince us that the unicorn continues to poop skittles.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

I believe this year they will push even harder on gun control. Look for a lot more False Flag Gun Operations.

More than ever in the last hundred years or so, in 2014, if you aren't sitting at the table - then you're on the menu (for the banksters, politickians and other assorted lowlifes).

2014 will be a very bad year to be uninformed/misinformed about what's going on out there in the wider world, as well as here in the US of A. If you aren't keeping up, it will cost you.

On the other hand, if you play your cards right, there will be good money to be made. For whatever it might be worth after taxes and inflation...

I still think Eliot was right, and 2014 will continue to bear this out -
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.

The whimper will get louder however...
    "All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arises not from deficits in the Constitution or Confederation , nor from want of honor and virtue, so much as downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation." -- John Adams
    "The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks." -- Lord Acton

I predict that all of the fortunate TB2k members will be another year older.

I predict that the fedgov (spit) will be increasingly tyrannical

I predict that that more and more American people will see thru the illusion and catch a glimpse of their bondage

I predict that there will increasingly be wars & rumors of wars

I predict that there will be many ridiculous and argumentative threads on Timebomb

I predict that there will be many insightful and inspiring posts here as well

I predict that obama will not make it thru his entire term
    "whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"

No predictions. But I was SHOCKED that we made it through 2013. I'll be absolutely GOBSMACKED if we make it through 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreally View Post
    I predict that whatever doom is going to happen, is going to come totally out of left field.
    ^^^This^^^
    Blue 5

Wherever you are, wherever God takes you, fly high.
    -Edward Ormondroyd

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    No predictions. But I was SHOCKED that we made it through 2013. I'll be absolutely GOBSMACKED if we make it through 2014.
    "ObamaDeathPanelCare" will do us in. In case that was hard to read it's "Obama Death Panel Care'.

A "significant" natural disaster strikes in the continental USA and precipitates an economic event.

29. We will have great blessings and many joys.
    We will have times of difficulty, pain, and unanswerable questions.
    We have keep our faith, our hope, and our love in increasing measure.
    Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for.
    Keep on looking, and you will find.
    Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened. [Matt 7:7]

..where the deer and the antelope pray.. lol
    This time, next year , as a community we will have lost (on what seems to be the avg.) ... 4 to 5 members to disease, accident, old age ...

Sobering to think about, but a reality ...

You scored 73% which means you are 73% conservative. You believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.

"If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Ok... Let's get serious.... This is the USA so here are the most important predictions for 2014:

Cher gets pregnant following an incestuous fling with her transgender son.
    Miley Cyrus marries Justin Bieber, they start a reality TV series, adopt a monkey.
    Britney Spears starts attending Church, joins choir.
    President Obama travels to Cuba to negotiate peace talks and end cigar embargo.
    Kim Kardashian survives near fatal crash, requires reconstructive butt surgery.
    Peanut butter found to contain peanuts.
    Putin come out of closet.
    Madonna covers breasts at concert.
    Food stamp recipients allowed to purchase Marijuana in attempt to improve nutritional intake.
    Marriage laws changed, now contract expires every year, requires state inspection and new license.
    TB2K goes off the net for 3 days due to server failure. Cities worldwide in lockdown, until hardware error corrected.
    Fruit Loop makes special guest appearance, renounces Obamacare.
    Fukushima event found to be reality TV series in Japan, never really happened.
    AMA issues recommendation banning supplements and Vitamins, buys stock in Indian pill manufacturer.
    The Democrat controlled Senate pushes a balanced budget for 2015, Republicans fight back.
    Obama Discount now granted for heavy smokers, tobacco sales increase, SS deficit no longer a problem.
    Japan invades China. China agrees to exclusive Japanese sushi trade deal, agrees to limit export of cheap chopsticks.
    New species of purple humans discovered in Africa, main staple, beets found to be main source of nutrition.

^^^
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Like some here have alluded to already, I would expect a spectacular "Black Swan" event sometime in 2014.

A 'Black Swan" event, by definition, is unpredictable. The only defense against a Black Swan is to develop a society where the infrastructure is very robust and very redundant.

After WWII and during the Cold War, I would say we were in a good position to avoid a Black Swan. Our economy was surging, defense spending was soaring and investments in infrastructure were allowing us to grow and prosper at an exponential rate. Also the lessons of World War had focused our moral compass' and forced us to concentrate on matters that were relevant and produced a beneficial outcome.

Since the Cold War and especially the last decade or two, we have lived off the fat of the WWII generation and have lost a significant portion of our national identity.

We have now plundered our past and mortgaged our futures in the mad rush to extract every last ounce of treasure but haven't done anything to invest in our future.

All the threads that held our society together have been laid bare and are ready to break. What happens when all of those threads start unravelling is impossible to predict.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

My prediction: Millions of Americans will have nervous breakdowns

This is will be due to a lack of ability to discern fact from fiction. People realize that the government lies, but so do many websites. These websites that promise the truth, are making money off site visitation and attracting visits by offering up sensational headlines & stories, just like supermarket tabloids and little of it valid.

I predict church attendance will swell as more people turn heavenward in these very uncertain and scary times.

Quote Originally Posted by TKD_Kid View Post
    What is everyone's predictions for 2014? Anything goes on this list.
    TKD, because mine are so massive, as they are every year, all 2236 words in my predictions can be viewed at:

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...-Print-Edition
    "I've always wondered what the 1920's and 1930's were like, but I never wanted to see it from the German perspective....."
    -John Galt, www.johngaltfla.com

The health industry will ask govt for billion $ bailout to prop up obama care. , this is due to the lack of paying customers signing up.
    this will hppen in 6 months.
    " Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"- Sigmond Freud

Turn your swords into plowshares ,and you'll be plowing for those that didn't...

We didn't create GOD out of our imagination ,He created us out of his...

A friend will help you move ,But a good friend will help you move a body..

A certain world leader will attempt to compress 20 years of TKD training into 24 months, and make the mistake of taking on another in a Judo match.

Quote Originally Posted by somdwatcher View Post
    A "significant" natural disaster strikes in the continental USA and precipitates an economic event.
    Still watching the New Orleans Sinkhole. The Gulf of Mexico i believe will swallow up the land eventually.

Just Thought Of This

In 2014 Keep An Eye On Your Bank Accounts.