Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

DISASTER Obama: 2014 will be ‘breakthrough year’ for U.S.
+ Reply to Thread

Obama: 2014 will be ‘breakthrough year’ for U.S.

President Barack Obama pauses as he thinks about a question that he was asked during an end-of-the year news conference in the Brady Press Briefing Room at the White House in Washington, Friday, Dec. 20, 2013. At the end of his fifth year in office, Obama's job approval and personal favorability ratings have fallen to around the lowest point of his presidency. Obama will depart later for his home state of Hawaii for his annual Christmas vacation trip. It's the first time in his presidency that his departure plans have not been delayed by legislative action in Washington. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)
    President Barack Obama pauses as he thinks about a question that he was asked during an end-of-the year news conference in the Brady Press Briefing Room at the White House in Washington, Friday, Dec. 20, 2013. At the end of his fifth year in office, Obama’s job approval and personal favorability ratings have fallen to around the lowest point of his presidency. Obama will depart later for his home state of Hawaii for his annual Christmas vacation trip. It’s the first time in his presidency that his departure plans have not been delayed by legislative action in Washington. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)

Stephen Dinan
    Stephen Dinan, Washington Times

Stephen Dinan can be reached at sdinan@washingtontimes.com.

President Obama said Friday that he “screwed it up” in the rollout of his health care law, though he said the system is now working much better and hundreds of thousands of people have been able to sign up for coverage.

Entering his sixth year of office, Mr. Obama said he believes 2014 can be “a breakthrough year” for Americans who have struggled for the last five years with a recession and sluggish economy, and a Washington ensnared by gridlock.

In an end-of-year press conference at the White House, Mr. Obama said the latest economic numbers are good and said that despite the problems with the rollout of his health care law, more than 1 million people have signed up for coverage over the last three months.

“All told, millions of Americans, despite the problem with the website, are now poised to be covered by quality health insurance coverage come New Year's Day,” he said.

And despite taking a victory lap on the economy, Mr. Obama also called for Congress to pass more benefits for the long-term unemployed, and chastised lawmakers for taking off for a Christmas vacation without acting.

After a year in which his Obamacare rollout was botched, his administration was staggered by a series of scandals and his popularity plummeted, Mr. Obama was asked if 2013 was his worst year as president.

“That’s not how I think about it,” he said. “We have had ups and we have had downs. My polls have gone up and down a lot during the course of my career.”

The president said his biggest frustrations were not getting Congress to approve tighter gun restrictions and not approving comprehensive immigration reform.

“I took this job to deliver for the American people,” he said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2o7cSAoQd
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

His capacity for self-delusion is infinite.
    "All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arises not from deficits in the Constitution or Confederation , nor from want of honor and virtue, so much as downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation." -- John Adams
    "The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks." -- Lord Acton

God help us.
    "You're not living in the story the world tells you you're living in. The story is not about the Clash of Civilizations, the March of Progress, the American Dream, the Rise of Civilization or the Struggle of Race, Class, and Gender. It's about the triumph of Jesus Christ in rescuing us from this passing world and bringing us into eternal ecstasy and perfection."---Mark Shea

When you are skating on thin ice, a breakthrough is inevitable...

shōu xìnyòngkă ma?

So what Obama is saying that in 2014 I will be taking a lot more of your freedoms away while further sinking the country with more entitlements.

Yeah a breakthrough to complete and total tyranny! I can hardly wait

Sherry in GA

Quote Originally Posted by Possible Impact View Post

Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightTide View Post
    So what Obama is saying that in 2014 I will be taking a lot more of your freedoms away while further sinking the country with more entitlements.

Thats the way I read it.

2014=martial law?
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

I read this in a newspaper earlier this morning.

Something deep within cringed when I read him saying, “2014 needs to be a year of action.”

Oh, boy.

Buckle up, kids.

We all know that the camel's back will eventually break...

LittleJohn
    Courage is not the absence of [I]fear[/I]...it is the absence of [B]self[/B].

“You’re not your job. You’re not how much money you have in the bank. You’re not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet. You’re not your f***ing khakis.”

Quote Originally Posted by Possible Impact View Post

That's pretty a pretty darned accurate observation.

Congratulations!

I was going to say a few things, but, you've got it tied up in a neat package.

Jeff B.
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits"
    Plutarch (Roman Philosopher and Statesman)

The USS Obama will be seen speeding off in the distance trying to escape the total disaster created by ineptitude . . meanwhile . . the USS of A will be nose up, gurgling it's last breath as she sinks into the abyss . .

NP

Quote Originally Posted by NoPlugsNM View Post
    The USS Obama will be seen speeding off in the distance trying to escape the total disaster created by ineptitude . . meanwhile . . the USS of A will be nose up, gurgling it's last breath as she sinks into the abyss . .

NP
    i doubt it will end quite so simply. there are many vultures waiting for the wounded eagle to stop lurching around and quivering before moving in for the kill and feeding frenzy...
    "Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."
    - Ronald Reagan

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding,
    acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your path.

Quote Originally Posted by Hognutz View Post
    Thats the way I read it.

2014=martial law?
    Complete fascism. il Duce Barak Hussein Omamba will likely grab for that brass ring. It seems the only other thing he can do beyond what he has already done.

Just a little reminder of the before & after to come:

Well, he jinxed 2014. It's now guaranteed to be a crap year for the US.

His policies are designed to work and they are working...perfectly.

Can't wait to see what 2014 brings.
    Attached Images
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Non nobis, non nobis, Domine, Sed nomini tuo da gloriam (Not to us, not to us, O Lord, But to thy name give glory.)

he means amnesty for illegals

The final death of the USA in 2014.

Yes it will. The GOP will retake the senate, and the chimp-in-chief will just sit impotently in his big leather chair for the rest of his term.