Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WEATHER Texas How Cold Is It?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    So far on the eastern side of the country its only warmed up 30F today and getting on and off snow flakes coming down really nothing major, tonight they changed to forecast with an over night low of 15F with wind gusts up to 25Mph.
    The wood stove is going and have much firewood on hand, so mother nature can bring it on.

You folks in Texas and New Mexico must be freezing your butts off as that is far from the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra View Post
    Dreary, overcast, scattered rain & 40 south of Austin. Yesterday was the first time I wore a coat in over 10 years! Despite the chilly weather I'd still rather be here than back in SoCal though!
    AMEN! to that, sister. Left Orange County in 1981 and returned for a visit in August of 1989. The sky was a putrid purple gray and every trot from the car into a building produced a "loaded" cough & spit - SMOG! Never noticed in my four years there. Unlivable now. When the Santa Ana winds kicked in, we made tracks east after just two days and haven't been back since. And the traffic! Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by TXKajun View Post
    Down here in SENM, we woke up to 29 degrees and 4" of this!

It's WAAAYYYYY too early for this white stuff! Heck, I don't even drink milk cuz it's cold and white!

Kajun

Looks much the same here but we're expecting another 3-4" today. Early for a measurable snow here and unwelcome, though pretty. We are thankful the snow we get here is rare and usually blows away on it's own with no slush or fuss. The cold temps kill the bugs : )

Quote Originally Posted by Flippper View Post
    Didn't realize you'd moved Zahra, good for you!

The weather is coming down from the arctic apparetly-it was 60F a few days ago, the next day it was 11F when I woke up, it's been in the low digits the past few days, no surprise it's migrating south.
    Flipper, yep we sold the house and bought in Texas a month ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    http://WWW.weather.gov
    Just wow I was taking a look at the national weather map and I see most of new Mexico and even Texas under major freeze and snow watch and warnings, upper North Dakota is in a deep freeze with posable lows of minus -13.
    I heard it got down to 1F here last night, don't know what the wind chill was though.

K-

It's about 4:30 and 34 in the DFW area. Supposedly there is sleet and ice moving in. Based on some previous posts, it looks likely. I'm headed to Wichita for a days work. Hope I can get back tomorrow to start my vacation/off time.

Jeff B.
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits"
    Plutarch (Roman Philosopher and Statesman)

Cold enough to freeze the horns off a bull. I hate this s#!t. Spent yesterday & Friday outside in it, making a sliding door for the patio enclosure.
    Sometimes, I am *extremely* glad DH isn't working. Last time, he/ we went to Junction on a truck wreck. They were closing I10 at Boerne right as we were driving through it (barely made it).

Not Texas but Maine. Scanner has been going nutz all day with trees on wires, fires in the middle of roads and a big fire in a two story home in town. (chimney fire)

One of our ambulances got stuck off the mtn because of a line across the main road coming up here that was on fire with a tree involved.

Things have quieted down the past hour and a half tho. But, it's 10 degrees and the wind is still howling. I bet town winds were worse cause of a nine mile long lake for that west wind to blow across and slap them upside the head.

I will take this end and deep in the woods. At least all the spruce trees tend to be a good wind break.

It's so cold and windy out there our Malamute didn't want to stay out longer than to potty and back inside. She hates the windy stuff.
    In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
    Proverbs 16:9

Link to IMPAT's fundraiser for a safe car to drive to cancer treatments and local needs.
    http://www.gofundme.com/b1o8x4

Been a cold, miserable, wet, rainy, windy weekend. Haven't been able to take the dogs out since Friday. They're going stir crazy, and taking me with them....

Weather forecasts say Austin will be near freezing for the next three mornings and bottoming out around 30F by Thursday morning. Warming up after that. Not bad so long as we get no precip during the nights. The ground here is still fairly warm since we hit a record-setting 89F a couple of weeks ago. For those of you who have never been here, the illustration below pretty well sums up our "winter" weather in Central Texas.
    Attached Images
    "You never had the things you thought you should have had and you'll not get them now..."

Weather forecasts say Austin will be near freezing for the next three mornings and bottoming out around 30F by Thursday morning. Warming up after that. Not bad so long as we get no precip during the nights. The ground here is still fairly warm since we hit a record-setting 89F a couple of weeks ago. For those of you who have never been here, the illustration below pretty well sums up our "winter" weather in Central Texas.
    Attached Images

"You never had the things you thought you should have had and you'll not get them now..."

LOLOLOLOL......This is so true!!!! (I meant the picture in the above post...for some reason it didn't copy/paste for me).

How cold is it in Dallas? EFFING COLD.

Just above freezing most of the day and very moist and windy making it raw as all get out. On top of that my afternoon flight out of DFW was cancelled and I just now got home.

The upside is that I got to spend time with family AND down a few bottles of Shiner Bock.

Quote Originally Posted by sy32478 View Post
    How cold is it in Dallas? EFFING COLD.

Just above freezing most of the day and very moist and windy making it raw as all get out. On top of that my afternoon flight out of DFW was cancelled and I just now got home.

The upside is that I got to spend time with family AND down a few bottles of Shiner Bock.

Cheers!

Plowed 8 inches off the drive yesterday afternoon. Started snowing as soon as I finished and now I have a foot or better to get out in. Still coming down hard and 19 degrees. Southern Colorado north of New Mexico and Texas.

In the Sunny South....
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BH View Post
    In the Sunny South....
    yeah, 21 in Fayetteville........ at sunrise.

Arkansas braces for blast of wintery storm

Originally published November 25, 2013 at 5:58 AM | Page modified November 25, 2013 at 10:22 AM

An icy storm that started in the West and is blamed in at least 10 fatal accidents was bringing a mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain to parts of Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas on Monday as it trudged eastward in the run-up to Thanksgiving.

The storm dropped more than 10 inches of snow on parts of southwest Oklahoma overnight, and a winter weather advisory remained in place for much of the southeast of the state with freezing rain and sleet in the cards.

The National Weather Service meanwhile issued a winter weather warning for southwestern Arkansas. The region should prepare for the worst of the storm through Monday afternoon, forecasters said, warning of ice accumulations on slick roads. It downgraded the forecast for North Texas to a winter weather advisory, saying the area would experience light freezing rain and sleet but not temperatures as cold as originally forecast.

Meteorologists said they expected the Arctic mass to head south and east and threaten plans for Tuesday and Wednesday as people hit the roads and airports for some of the busiest travel days of the year.

Nearly 300 flights American Airlines and American Eagle were canceled in and out of Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport Monday due to the weather, spokeswoman Laura Masvidal said, mirroring disruptions at the air hub a day earlier.

Early Monday, the weather service said southwestern Oklahoma had experienced some snow late Sunday, with 10 inches reported in Granite and 13 inches of snow reported in Vinson.

Around dawn in Dallas, where a mix or rain and sleet hit around midday Sunday, temperatures edged above freezing but rain continued to make roads treacherous and slick.

The storm last week hit California, New Mexico, Nevada and Arizona.

Portions of New Mexico had several inches of snow -- especially at higher elevations -- and near white-out conditions were reported near Albuquerque. Flagstaff in Arizona had 11 inches of snow early Sunday, while metro Phoenix and other parts of central Arizona were drenched with several inches of rain, causing the cancellation of sporting events and parades.

The weather was blamed in at least 10 deaths in traffic accidents. The storm also caused hundreds of rollover accidents, including one that injured three members of singer Willie Nelson's band when their bus hit a pillar on Interstate 30 near Sulphur Springs, about 75 miles northeast of Dallas.

Early Monday, the Texas Department of Public Safety said two people died in separate wrecks Saturday night on snow-covered roads near Amarillo and Dumas.

Nonetheless, some were excited when they awoke to several inches of snow in southwestern Oklahoma on Sunday.

"It looks great. I love the snow," said Damaris Machabo, a receptionist at a Holiday Inn motel in Altus.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationw...reweather.html

12 how are you frozen birds doing in texas??

are you guys thawing out down in Texas faster the than your thanksgiving turkey???.

we are having a heat wave here it is 30 deg and feels like 20 deg outside ..

38 deg F and raining in Houston. Could be worse, like 30 deg F and raining. I'm staying out of it as much as I can.

Actually warmer now than most of the day...looks like no snow after all.

At 34 and spitting ice its much warmer than yesterday, but its just a warm spell till Wednesday.

I want my global warming they promised me global warming!

Can I sue All Gore for breech of promise or some such?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    At 34 and spitting ice its much warmer than yesterday, but its just a warm spell till Wednesday.

I want my global warming they promised me global warming!

Can I sue All Gore for breech of promise or some such?

Fraud.

Freezing rain warning for much of southern MI until 4AM.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

I'am glad I didn't waste my money going south for the winter.

We're under a winter storm warning from early afternoon today until early morning Thanksgiving day. Sure glad we're not going anywhere for the holiday!! They're talking freezing rain, sleet and then up to 14" of snow. Great!

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by cat killer View Post
    I'am glad I didn't waste my money going south for the winter.

Well, by next week, we'll be back in the 70's, with lows in the upper 40's and low 50's. It doesn't stay really cold down here for long.

The past few days have been the absolute coldest since I've been down here (2 1/2 years). It's not that it's just been cold, but there's been a consistent 30+ mph wind and several days of cold, wind-driven rain. Supposed to get sunny here by the end of the day. We'll see. But in the northern states, winter has arrived and it's going to stay until at least March. I miss the snow and cold. But I only miss a few weeks of it. After that, it got really, really old...

I like this link. I think it's a more-or-less real time view of various airports. The locations are NOT labeled, so it helps to know your geography. Just hover over any given location and it will give you the temperature, wind, visibility, and the like.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/mwmap3.php?map=usa

East side here and getting rain and holding at 33F and I expect that to change soon, have to wait and see how much ice we may get.

Ground stops at Charlotte Douglas International Airport in North Carolina until 7 pm ET and Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey until 6:45 pm ET due to windy conditions - @TWCBreaking

read more on twitter.com
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

...My daughter is on her flight from Austin to Houston, Tx. After 2 hours there she comes home. Should arrive in 3 - 4 hours! First time she has been away this long.
    1 7 7 6

Time for a change

AGAIN

.................................................. ......................

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpation s, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government"

My Blog : http://humilityclarityandcourage.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
    I like this link. I think it's a more-or-less real time view of various airports. The locations are NOT labeled, so it helps to know your geography. Just hover over any given location and it will give you the temperature, wind, visibility, and the like.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/mwmap3.php?map=usa
    Good link. I think I'll keep it.
    Thanks.

A similar map-based system is Newseum (http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpa...sh/default.asp), which features ONLY the front page of newspapers from around the US and around the world (but does provide a link to the newspaper's Web site). If you assume that nasty weather would make the front page the following day in a particular location you're interested in, then Newseum is related to this thread as well. The downside is that you cannot navigate past the front page -- that is, if the story continues on another page as far as Newseum is concerned you're SOL (but there's a fair chance the newspaper's Web site has the story).

Our snow finally melted yesterday. Yaaaayyy! But it's still getting down to 30 every night. Brrrr!

Kajun
    Stupid outta hurt immediately!

It was 34 this morning when I left to go to work. Snowed in Huntsville, just north of us, yesterday afternoon.
    A light breeze at maybe 10 mph. At least it stopped raining!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." Thomas Jefferson

Sent from my Shoe-Phone.