Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WEATHER Texas How Cold Is It?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Texas How Cold Is It?

http://WWW.weather.gov
    Just wow I was taking a look at the national weather map and I see most of new Mexico and even Texas under major freeze and snow watch and warnings, upper North Dakota is in a deep freeze with posable lows of minus -13.

Tonights football game was one of the coldest I've ever been to. around 40 windy and drizzle. Yuck!

34 right now

COLD here in New Mexico, 19*s right now, should be our low, temps due to rise overnight and start snowing by about 5a - got news for the weather gurus, it's snowing now. Ice all day today, power lines are sagging big time, so are the trees, roads are truly bad, lots of accidents all day today. Calling for 8-12 ins of snow for us Sat/Sun, tapering off Monday - we'll either get 4-8ins or more than the 12 they are calling for.

NP

...My daughter is at U of T Austin and she said they expect snow tonight.
    1 7 7 6

Time for a change

AGAIN

.................................................. ......................

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpation s, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government"

My Blog : http://humilityclarityandcourage.blogspot.com/

High temp Saturday 21 degrees - Wind chill Friday night 4 degrees

Still dry but the forecast calls for snow Saturday am through Monday afternoon. Thankful we missed the sleet & ice : )
    55 degrees Thanksgiving Day
    Last edited by shinerbock; 11-23-2013 at 12:12 AM.

It is 18 degrees here where I live, and with the winc chill it feels like 3 degrees. BURRRRRRRRR!

Norma

Quote Originally Posted by Norma View Post
    It is 18 degrees here where I live, and with the winc chill it feels like 3 degrees. BURRRRRRRRR!

Norma

Sounds like good camping weather.

Looks like is it not going to get much better for the next few days down South and East,

FWIW - SE WI is going to be 15F overnight and only 20's for a high on Saturday.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...threats_ie.php
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It is cold here in SE New Mexico ! High Thursday was in 80's. It will be below freezing for 3 days before warming to 40's on Monday.

Only made it down to 37F here. Wet and nasty but no ice. A non-event.
    "You never had the things you thought you should have had and you'll not get them now..."

33 degrees and very windy here.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Protesting is like scratching a chalk board. It annoys but produces nothing of substance.

It got down to -2 here last night, right now it's 1 above. Beautiful day, sunny, no snow.
    This might hurt a little.

My knee says ice or snow in the Dallas area but it has not happened. Yet
    "The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." - John Philpot Curran

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences of attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it - Thomas Jefferson

Winter storm watch was changed to warning here in Dallas. This is for Sunday and Monday. Thank God I am taking the week off from work for stay-cation.
    Ask me how I feel about Ebola.... Oh, by the way, I live in Dallas, any further questions?

32 F here with ice covering my truck. Brrrrrr!
    Alea iacta est! We have crossed the Rubicon.

I'm on the other side of the country, but we're looking at lows in the low 20s tonight and for sunday down to 18F and this is not unusual us for this time of year.

It was -20 Thursday morning in Montana's banana belt with 3+ inches of new snow. Feeling warmer now?

Windy Ridge

36 right now
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

My son called and asked for us to buy him, pregnant DIL and her son winter coats and ship them to them because they are freezing at 40degrees. Told me that there's no descent winter coats down there. He's also wearing his long johns..hahaha He moved down by Houston to get away from the mn cold because he has rods to keep his legs and arms together from an auto accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Cobra View Post
    My Mistake. I Thought I Needed To Update from yesterday's post. Looks like it updates automatically

Metro Austin here. Thirty-eight degrees right now as I type (1:51 pm). Not expected to rise out of the low 40s for the next `3 days. This is unusual for us, especially in November. Monday morning could be the problem here as ruch hour is expected to be greeted with freezing rain/sleet/snow combo and we don't know how to drive in those conditions.

48F here now... too damn cold - time to move south!
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

40. I can say with authority that yesterday, today and tomorrow are the coldest days in the almost three years I've lived in Texas. I've worn my coat for the past couple of days, and that's the first time I've felt the actual NEED to wear it. It is freakin cold. But a big part of that is the wind, rain and high humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by sassy View Post
    Tonights football game was one of the coldest I've ever been to. around 40 windy and drizzle. Yuck!
    40?
    Windy?
    Drizzle?
    Try -20 in a driving snow.

Man we are getting soft!

Terry

Dreary, overcast, scattered rain & 40 south of Austin. Yesterday was the first time I wore a coat in over 10 years! Despite the chilly weather I'd still rather be here than back in SoCal though!

It's 30 here in Rochester, NY. And it did some some this afternoon; maybe 1 inch.

Blech.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Quote Originally Posted by wn4isx View Post
    40?
    Windy?
    Drizzle?
    Try -20 in a driving snow.

Man we are getting soft!

Terry

Soft? I spent 14 winters in western Wisconsin. I've EARNED my time away from that....

MzKitty- you guys are getting off light- it's 18 degrees, we've got a windchill running well below zero, and we've gotten heavy snow on and off since 1 pm. NASTY out there right now...

Summerthyme

colder then a witch's tit
    " Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"- Sigmond Freud

Turn your swords into plowshares ,and you'll be plowing for those that didn't...

We didn't create GOD out of our imagination ,He created us out of his...

A friend will help you move ,But a good friend will help you move a body..

I walked a whole 20 yards and back to the mailbox. We have 27 but winds in the 30MPH range. Took me a few hours to thaw out from that loooooooooong trek.

Thank you wood stove for a toasty 74 inside.

Had to keep snapping the pee sickles off the dogs before they could come in.

Never got above 45F here today... windy and rainy...

20yos, baby girl, and I were out at the farmers market starting at 7AM...

DH, 23yod, and 18yos were out yesterday and today at a 2 day outdoor festival...

purely miserable weather to be standing around outside.
    Lynn mom to 10 and counting
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. George Bernard Shaw

And it's only November.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    I'm on the other side of the country, but we're looking at lows in the low 20s tonight and for sunday down to 18F and this is not unusual us for this time of year.

Holding at 32F at the moment and now calling for it to go down to 23F and just had a snow shower, we now have a light dusting on the ground more so on the car and truck.

Willie Nelson's band members injured when tour bus crashes in storm
    By Michael Martinez and AnneClaire Stapleton, CNN
    updated 3:13 PM EST, Sat November 23, 2013

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/23/showbi...and-bus-crash/

(CNN) -- A tour bus transporting Willie Nelson's band spun out of control in a storm
    and crashed into a Texas bridge pillar before dawn Saturday, injuring three of five
    band members, according to police and the band.

Willie Nelson wasn't on the bus, the musician's website said.

The three band members were hospitalized, and Willie Nelson and Family postponed
    the tour's four remaining dates in November and will resume the tour as scheduled
    in December, the website said.

"No one suffered serious injuries. Paul English injured his ankle, Billy English
    suffered a bruised hip and crew member Tom Hawkins has a cracked rib. The other
    family members on the bus are sore but everyone is expected to recover fully,"
    Nelson's website said.

Authorities had earlier reported that English broke his hip.

The crash occurred on Interstate 30 outside Sulphur Springs, and the bus driver was
    trying to negotiate heavy rains and winds, said Texas Department of Public Safety
    spokeswoman Sylvia Jennings.

The crash occurred 80 miles east of Dallas.

Nelson's website said the band believes the accident occurred "due to icy conditions
    on the road."

The bus was swept off the road and crashed into a bridge pillar, Jennings said. The
    bus was carrying five band members and the driver.

Willie Nelson and Family was scheduled to perform in Robinsonville, Mississippi, on
    Saturday, and in Jackson, Mississippi, on Sunday, the band's website said.
    shōu xnyngkă ma?

now expecting ice pellets here Sunday night, Monday, and Tuesday....
    Lynn mom to 10 and counting
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. George Bernard Shaw

Didn't realize you'd moved Zahra, good for you!

The weather is coming down from the arctic apparetly-it was 60F a few days ago, the next day it was 11F when I woke up, it's been in the low digits the past few days, no surprise it's migrating south.

40 degrees right now, but it's supposed to be 25 with freezing fog tonight. I can handle rain and snow, but freezing fog is a killer.

Down here in SENM, we woke up to 29 degrees and 4" of this!

It's WAAAYYYYY too early for this white stuff! Heck, I don't even drink milk cuz it's cold and white!

Kajun
    Stupid outta hurt immediately!