Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

VIDEO New Banking Rule - 01/01/14 - No Longer Owner of your Deposits
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Banking Rule - 01/01/14 - No Longer Owner of your Deposits

Under “Dodd Frank Act”- New Banking Rule Comes into Effect - Jan. 1, 2014

Trunews's host Rick Wiles interviews Marilyn M. Barnewall, a retired banker. Marilyn talks about how "Dodd Frank Act" that was signed into law July 21, 2010 and how it will effect people who deposit their money in banks that are not independent banks.

The "Dodd Frank Act" will declares all banks (Federal Reserve Banking System) to change Depositors (you if you open an account) into Unsecured Creditors (you if you open an account) on Jan. 1, 2014. You will no longer be the owner of your deposits, but banks will own it. If the banks starts to go under, creditors in front of you, will get paid first. If any money is left, then you get paid.

According to Marilyn M. Barnewall & Rick Wiles, all Credit Unions will be effected because they have been taken under the umbrella of the Federal Reserve Banking System.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcdJbeT7_dw
    For those who can not listen to YouTube video above, click on MP3 link below to listen.

Listen: http://www.trunews.com/Audio/10_24_1...y_trunews2.mp3
    Interview with Marilyn Barnewall starts around seven minutes into the show. At 15:08 into show, Marilyn talks about the "Dodd Frank Act.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Pub.L. 111–203, H.R. 4173; commonly referred to as Dodd-Frank') was signed into federal law by President Barack Obama on July 21, 2010 at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, DC. . . . . . . . . . .

The law was initially proposed by the Obama Administration in June 2009, when the White House sent a series of proposed bills to Congress. A version of the legislation was introduced in the House in July 2009. On December 2, 2009, revised versions were introduced in the House of Representatives by Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank, and in the Senate Banking Committee by Chairman Chris Dodd. Due to their involvement with the bill, the conference committee that reported on June 25, 2010, voted to name the bill after the two members of Congress. . . . . . . . . .
    Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodd%E...Protection_Act
    Last edited by Suzieq; 10-27-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Oh come on! I clicked on that expecting a news clip concerning the topic but instead find an hour long bible discussion! The first five minutes is about true news and asking for a donation!

ALERTing this is as if breaking news is just wrong too...................

So deposits will no longer be FDIC insured???

Quote Originally Posted by Suzieq View Post

The "Dodd Frank Act" will declares all banks (Federal Reserve Banking System) to change their Depositors (you if you open an account) into unsecured creditors (you if you open an account) on Jan. 1, 2014. You will no longer be the owner of your deposits, but banks will own it. If the banks starts to go under, creditors in front of you, will get paid first. If any money is left, then you get paid. Nice of them, right? Wrong! Get your money out of the bank now!

This is a must listen to video!

Seems I've read it's already that way... "secured" holders of derivatives, etc are FIRST in line... depositors at the end.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gravy View Post
    I don't think it matters whether they are or not. It will for an individual small bank but if a major bank goes or multiple banks at once, the FDIC doesn't have the funds necessary to insure you.
    In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people. Source – The Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Seems I've read it's already that way... "secured" holders of derivatives, etc are FIRST in line... depositors at the end.

Summerthyme
    I thought I heard this before too.

FWIW, I specifically asked my banker what FDIC meant to the depositor about 10 years ago. She told me that it insured deposits at about 1 cent per dollar. I'm sure that it has gone down since then.

According to what Marilyn M. Barnewall said in the video, if a bank gets into trouble and starts to go under, they own your money first and can pay other creditors with that money first. So, you are at the bank's mercy, weather they give you any of it back or not.

Marilyn M. Barnewall explained, you are called a "Depositor" now when putting your money in their banks, after Jan. 1, 2014, you will be called an unsecured creditor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury3 View Post
    Oh come on! I clicked on that expecting a news clip concerning the topic but instead find an hour long bible discussion! The first five minutes is about true news and asking for a donation!

ALERTing this is as if breaking news is just wrong too...................
    I did not say this is Breaking News! It is an Alert to Warn People!

Sorry, Marilyn M. Barnewall interview starts 7 minutes into the video. I added this information on original post. Thanks!

I think that might be a bad mistake on their part. I mean that someone may be annoyed with them stealing their limited cash and may decide to throw a bonfire party with their building(s) as the bonfire material.

Summerthyme
    I am like you, I thought that was the way it was.

look up the worlds fair fiasco from the 20s/30s in...kty/tn?...ppl don't really get "take it out now"...they can retroactively demand return of funds withdrawn for (at that time) I believe it was 6 months back...
    It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.- Mark Twain

Dumb question, but would this apply to credit unions as well?
    I mean technically they're not banks (they are chartered differently) and the deposits are "guaranteed" by the NCUA not the FDIC.

I'm assuming that credit unions are affected as well, or at least will be in the future if people figure this out and use CUs more.
    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
    the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission;
    which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.
    -Ayn Rand

Well, guess its back to only keeping the $$'s in for bills and the rest in my mattress. Bast*rds.
    May God be with us in the coming days

After the "clawbacks" started, I realized it was only a matter of time before all bank deposits were forfeit, and that waiting too long to take yours out (assuming you have any $$ to worry about) would mean likely forfeiting at least a percentage- whether or not you still HAD the dollars to give back or not!

That was the day we stopped leaving any $$ in the bank...

Summerthyme

The FDIC can not cover all bank accounts.

When a law, passed a long time ago, IS NEARING THE TIME THAT IT WILL TAKE EFFECT AND BE ENFORCED, it is QUITE APPROPRIATE to give a "heads up" ALERT/WARNING.
    What are you going to pay for it? I can probably get it for you cheaper, ask me.

it was a god interview and worth listening to. she said that the FDIC is bankrupt and if you read the fine print they have from 0-99 years to pay you back if anything. she also said the US banking system is corrupt and in chaos and bail ins ARE coming to the US, that one day in the near future we will wake up the banks closed for 'restructuring' and we will find we get little back from our deposits and the dollar will be devalued. if i remember correctly i think she said she is expecting about 40%.

she is a bank president, retired. i reckon she knows whats what and she was adamant about get your money out now.

i use a small town bank and only leave in enough to pay some bills and them about $20-50. i was told years back never leave anything more in the bank than you can afford to lose.

i know alot of tbers already know this but the great majority of people DONT know how much trouble our banking system is in, her interview is worth sharing with others especially because she is a bank president who is now retired and saw all the crap going on and what is coming at us.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. Anything or anyone else are end times deceptions distracting us from being fully committed to Christ. There is No Other.

They can demand all they want but actually getting it is another matter. Or you could say that you can't squeeze cash from a source that has none. Anyway I doubt that they will go after the average Joe for past withdrawals as most wouldn't make the withdrawals if they didn't intend to spend the dollars and the amount that they may get back would be far less than the cost of trying. Now those with 6 figure type withdrawals may be worth the effort.

Don't you people know that any money deposited in a bank is by their rules/laws
    an outright gift to the bank?

Currently, it serves their purpose to give you the illusion that it is your money while it is in their possession.

When your account is empty, you have no legal complaint.

Let me ask this.....

If this is true and you don't "own" your deposits....

With this country on the verge of financial collapse that would bring down the banks....

With hackers from China and other overseas areas trying to hack into banks or bring down the financial system....

With Obamacare set up to debit your account as they see fit....

With interest rates so low that you don't earn squat with your money in there....

Without being allowed to withdraw your own money in large amounts as you see fit without you being questioned.....

With all the stupid bank fees and other crazy other B.S. they charge you....

Why in the hell would anyone keep their money in a bank?

-----------------------------------------------------------
    "I, YHWH, change not." ~ our Creator
    "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." ~ Albert Einstein

Seeing how they are putting a limit on withdrawals I guess you have to open an account called! The Bank of (Insert your name) and have it all transferred viva check pay in cash written out to you the bank of.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotto View Post
    Let me ask this.....

If this is true and you don't "own" your deposits....

With this country on the verge of financial collapse that would bring down the banks....

With hackers from China and other overseas areas trying to hack into banks or bring down the financial system....

With Obamacare set up to debit your account as they see fit....

With interest rates so low that you don't earn squat with your money in there....

Without being allowed to withdraw your own money in large amounts as you see fit without you being questioned.....

With all the stupid bank fees and other crazy other B.S. they charge you....

Why in the hell would anyone keep their money in a bank?

Beats me. Of course, you have to HAVE money to worry about it! LOL!

Summerthyme

I think Ann Barnhart had done a rant on this very topic a year or two ago...

Think folks, AFTER JAN 1 the banksters have the incentive to let the banks go tits up cause they will be paying the derivatives they owe with depositor money THEN!

Summerthyme- quite a few people HAVE NO CHOICE, their funds or paychecks are mandatory direct deposit
    What are you going to pay for it? I can probably get it for you cheaper, ask me.

Just because you have to have direct deposit (I do too) doesn't mean you have to LEAVE it in the bank...
    "All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arises not from deficits in the Constitution or Confederation , nor from want of honor and virtue, so much as downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation." -- John Adams
    "The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks." -- Lord Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Suzieq View Post

The "Dodd Frank Act" will declares all banks (Federal Reserve Banking System) to change their Depositors (you if you open an account) into unsecured creditors (you if you open an account) on Jan. 1, 2014. You will no longer be the owner of your deposits, but banks will own it. If the banks starts to go under, creditors in front of you, will get paid first. If any money is left, then you get paid. Nice of them, right? Wrong! Get your money out of the bank now!

This is a must listen to video!

Marilyn M. Barnewall interview starts 7 minutes into the video.

At 15:08 in to video, they talk about the "Dodd Frank Act" that was signed into law, July 21, 2010.

The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Pub.L. 111–203, H.R. 4173; commonly referred to as Dodd-Frank') was signed into federal law by President Barack Obama on July 21, 2010 at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, DC. . . . . . . . . . .

The law was initially proposed by the Obama Administration in June 2009, when the White House sent a series of proposed bills to Congress. A version of the legislation was introduced in the House in July 2009. On December 2, 2009, revised versions were introduced in the House of Representatives by Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank, and in the Senate Banking Committee by Chairman Chris Dodd. Due to their involvement with the bill, the conference committee that reported on June 25, 2010, voted to name the bill after the two members of Congress. . . . . . . . . .

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodd%E...Protection_Act
    Videos must be posted with the "Video" category, and *must* contain an actual summary of the content, so people who do not have high-bandwidth connections can still get the benefit of the video. We do still have folks here on dialup. The relevant rule is in the "codified rules for posting news" sticky thread up there at the top of the main board. So write up a concise summary please.
    Strike me down, and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine

Oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Just because you have to have direct deposit (I do too) doesn't mean you have to LEAVE it in the bank...
    Exactly!

Summerthyme

Gee, I have been watching how banks act for along time. If a bank goes belly up then all the low interest accounts get paid out first before anyone else. Then if there is money left the next level of interest gets paid and so it goes on. If you have your money in a top interest account then there is little chance of seeing any of your money. Low interest low risk, high interest high risk.

Argentina I think is how the West in general will go. By this the first collapse will be the start of a downward staircase to poverty without hope.

Argentina on Brink of Largest Financial Collapse in History
    Posted: 05/02/2013 11:15 am
    Follow
    Argentina , South America , Video , Buenos Aires , Economic Collapse , Economics , Kirchner , World News

Like an aging boxer still climbing into the ring when past his prime, Argentina's President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner is on the ropes and staggering in response to the pummeling she is getting in the streets.

Kirchner's latest gambit to push through legislation allowing voters to pick and choose the magistrates who appoint and remove judges sparked a protest of hundreds of thousands in the most recent demonstrations in the country.

While Argentinians have historically been very supportive of the sitting government, the fact that people are protesting in numbers not heard of since the 2001 economic collapse is revealing.

The economic ship of Argentina has been floundering for some time now and it will be interesting to watch how Kirchner reacts to this latest backlash.

With Argentina on the bank of the bankruptcy river and membership in the IMF (International Monetary Fund) at risk, potential saviors in the form of international investors do not believe the financial data coming out of Buenos Aires.

With growing debt, runaway inflation and an economy which is on life support, there is nothing going on in Argentina to attract international investors.

The U.S. government is unwilling to offer any financial assistance and while allies such as Brazil and Mexico would prefer to see an economically stronger Argentina, the financial hole is too deep and getting deeper daily.

Argentinian public service employees have consistently been getting paid late and this is another bad omen for the country. If public services are allowed to come to a halt, the country would go into an economic free fall.

Many in the opposition feel it's time that Kirchner stop stepping around the economic failures by picking fights with other governments, concentrate on its own problems and start giving CPR to the national economy. However, Kirchner is allegedly busy laundering money and sending dollars to Switzerland by way of Venezuela and the Caymans.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-...b_3180138.html

After the "clawbacks" started, I realized it was only a matter of time before all bank deposits were forfeit, and that waiting too long to take yours out (assuming you have any $$ to worry about) would mean likely forfeiting at least a percentage- whether or not you still HAD the dollars to give back or not!

That was the day we stopped leaving any $$ in the bank...

Summerthyme
    How does this apply to money in investments? (with investment houses) Or does it depend on the type of investment? I know many retired folks whose assets are not so much in the bank (that's where they put their SS checks) as they are invested in bonds (not Federal; corporate bonds or bond funds) or stocks.
    "Put up thy sword into the sheath; the cup that the Father has given me, shall I not drink it?"

The only "change" I CAN believe in: I Corinthians 15: 51-52...

Quote Originally Posted by The Mountain View Post
    Videos must be posted with the "Video" category, and *must* contain an actual summary of the content, so people who do not have high-bandwidth connections can still get the benefit of the video. We do still have folks here on dialup. The relevant rule is in the "codified rules for posting news" sticky thread up there at the top of the main board. So write up a concise summary please.
    I added MP3 link to original post, for those who can not access youtube to listen. I also added more information on what it is about.

Here's MP3 link: http://www.trunews.com/Audio/10_24_1...y_trunews2.mp3

Getting ready to implement the "Willy Sutton" rule?

Or, if 'ya prefer - the Cyprus experiment - outright theft of bank deposits by government.

Can't happen here? Wanna bet on that?

If the currency continues to collapse, as it is heading in that direction...then any investment that uses dollars to keep track of wins and losses will lose their worth...as it is tied to the sinking dollar. But there are numerous ways to lose your investment even if the currency still has some worth...such has always been in a trading world. A single bad investment can clean you out...but with general collapse of the currency...then purchasing power of everybody is wiped out.

Food, gold, silver, real objects of value to others for barter...is the only way to remain some what solvent.
    "The future is already here, it is just not evenly. distributed."

“Theory is when you understand everything, but nothing works.”
    “Practice is when everything works, but nobody understands why.”
    “At this station, theory and practice are united, so nothing works and nobody understands why.”
    Dallas Fed president Richard Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    They can demand all they want but actually getting it is another matter. Or you could say that you can't squeeze cash from a source that has none. Anyway I doubt that they will go after the average Joe for past withdrawals as most wouldn't make the withdrawals if they didn't intend to spend the dollars and the amount that they may get back would be far less than the cost of trying. Now those with 6 figure type withdrawals may be worth the effort.
    you were paying attention to how the bail in in cyprus worked right?

they closed all banks down, gave the haircut, opened back up

j6p had no say

now cyprus they only gave haircuts on deposits above the insured amts

for us that would be anyone w/ > $100k

but i have read they are considering going for deposits down $25k w/ sliding %

the fdic creditor reorg (who gets paid in what order) has been in place for awhile. meaning financial institutions 'net' their derivatives 1st and if there is anything left the fdic would pay depostitors (not likely)

but this seems to be referring to a legal reclassification of assets and who owns them

this seemingly throws out about 400 years of business/property law

and it is a big story, i had not heard this before
    Last edited by Adino; 10-27-2013 at 11:04 AM. Reason: had to correct #
    Pragmatic. Eclectic. Realistic.

The BIBLE: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth! Read it yourself. Live it. Love it.

Vivere Paratus: Fortune Favors the Prepared

Quote Originally Posted by IceWave View Post
    Dumb question, but would this apply to credit unions as well?
    I mean technically they're not banks (they are chartered differently) and the deposits are "guaranteed" by the NCUA not the FDIC.

I'm assuming that credit unions are affected as well, or at least will be in the future if people figure this out and use CUs more.
    I listened to the show when it originally aired so this is not a direct quote but from memory and yes, it includes credit unions as well. They are no longer a "safer" banking alternative. (If there ever was one)
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

Yeah, like I've been saying for a long, ong time => silver and gold. Like I've been saying recently => Bitcoin.

Whatever surplus you have that you do not have to touch, see above.

Quote Originally Posted by China Connection View Post

Argentina I think is how the West in general will go. By this the first collapse will be the start of a downward staircase to poverty without hope.
    Yesterday, a member of another board said people in Argentina, where he lives, will be very lucky to have much at all in the way of Christmas presents. He said their store shelves are kind of threadbare. He should know.

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Adino View Post
    you were paying attention to how the bail in in cyprus worked right?
    There was a guy I posted on that long Cyprus thread who had a business there when it hit. He posted a screen shot of his bank taking out $600,000 from his business, leaving him only $100,000 for it. He said he might have to close up shop there.

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrymouse View Post
    How does this apply to money in investments? (with investment houses) Or does it depend on the type of investment? I know many retired folks whose assets are not so much in the bank (that's where they put their SS checks) as they are invested in bonds (not Federal; corporate bonds or bond funds) or stocks.
    Honestly, no one here is privy to knowing the future- at least not enough to reliably give financial advice. But if we do go the way of Argentina, when they defaulted in '02 their stock market investments were fine (in fact, they were a terrific inflation hedge) it was only the bank deposits that were hijacked.

Nevertheless, physical possession of useful items and valuables are your best bet for the coming storm

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    There was a guy I posted on that long Cyprus thread who had a business there when it hit. He posted a screen shot of his bank taking out $600,000 from his business, leaving him only $100,000 for it. He said he might have to close up shop there.

considering it?

oh man

must be nice to be able top afford a $600k haircut and consider sticking around
    Pragmatic. Eclectic. Realistic.

The BIBLE: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth! Read it yourself. Live it. Love it.

Vivere Paratus: Fortune Favors the Prepared