Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

SOMETHING STRANGE IN THE WESTERN SKIES...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SOMETHING STRANGE IN THE WESTERN SKIES...

This is very important. Has anyone seen this object?

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2369689/pg1

About fifty percent of posters on this GLP read have, and that's damn unusual.

Pic here:

http://s272.photobucket.com/user/ele...85a47.jpg.html

More pics in thread.

All I have to say is, this government shutdown and NASA off-line may have more significance than we imagine...and the serious uptick in fireballs, flooding, quakes, etc. may all be linked.

????

You might want to read this thread: http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...BED-SITES-LIST

AND the image was deleted...
    How we perceive the nature of God dictates our response to the things He shows us. If we see Him as loving and kind, we will reach out in compassion, extending His peace and healing to all who are in needóbelievers and nonbelievers alike...
    If we see Him as judgmental and vengeful, we will sit back and do nothing, or act only on behalf of our families and those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbitsnana View Post
    ????

You might want to read this thread: http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...BED-SITES-LIST
    Sorry, I visit a lot of different forums, and keeping up with the various rules and prohibitions is like keeping up with TSA regulations. LOL.

The object that people are seeing is apparently NOT Venus, which can clearly be seen for a short period of time, simultaneous with this object - to the left, up a little higher in the sky.

It is NOT Mercury, which is not nearly as bright and doesn't have a disc-like appendage.

You cannot see anything unusual with the naked eye, but using binoculars many people now can clearly see a round, reddish object as bright as Venus BUT with something CLEARLY protruding from it that is disc-like but open-ended.

A sort of "V" shape to it..

Check it out in the western skies near sunset WITH binoculars.

NOTE: I have not seen this object but am going to make a point to look for it tonight. I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed it in the sky recently.

All of photo buckets have been deleted now EXCEPT this one:

http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/Am...?sort=9&page=1

Can you give us any kind clue just where in the night sky this appears and maybe the time of night?

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Can you give us any kind clue just where in the night sky this appears and maybe the time of night?
    Yes. I am told that this object is in the southwestern sky, near the sun. It appears just before sunset - when the sky is still light - and disappears an hour or two later, I believe. Depends on your latitude, but between 6-8 PM seems to be when most people are seeing it.

Use binoculars. I am making a special trip tonight to an area where I will have a clear view of the horizon. IF I see it, I am bringing my telescope on the next clear night.

Ok; I'm using a program called SkySafari and got it set for 6:46PM and it's showing bright reddish Antares (a star) thats part of the Constellation Scorpius and its just a little more South, SouthWest Like 210 degrees SW.
    Going clockwise and a little more West but still SouthWest at 230 degrees SW is the planet Venus, moving a little clockwise to about 250 degrees SW we have the Planet's Saturn and Mercury inline with each other.

Ok; I'm using a program called SkySafari and got it set for 6:46PM and it's showing bright reddish Antares (a star) thats part of the Constellation Scorpius and its just a little more South, SouthWest Like 210 degrees SW.
    Going clockwise and a little more West but still SouthWest at 230 degrees SW is the planet Venus, moving a little clockwise to about 250 degrees SW we have the Planet's Saturn and Mercury inline with each other.

IIRC antares is at it's closest to us as it's going to get for a very long time so it could be showing up in the evening sky.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    IIRC antares is at it's closest to us as it's going to get for a very long time so it could be showing up in the evening sky.

Antares is also a red suppergiant star and its also the Alpha star in the constellation Scorpius, Antares and Betelgeuse are the only red M-type supergiants, Antares is 400 times bigger than our sun (trust me when I tell you its huge) and is about 550 lights years away from us. One more thing it's also a well known double star! Antares has a blue companion star that orbits it.

Thanks, guys. Good info. I also checked SkySafari, and this is what I surmise about Antares:

1. Rises at 1:17 PM, transits at 5:06 PM and sets at 8:56 PM today. The object that is being reported appears only briefly - right before sunset (around 7:08 PM today), and disappearing from view about an hour or so later. Antares would be viewable for another 45 or so minutes, wouldn't it?

2. According to SkySafari Antares is best viewed around May 31st of each year, whereas the object being reported became visible by many only a few months ago and appears to be getting larger and closer over the weeks.

3. The object at issue is irregular or disc-shaped, sometimes sporting extensions that resemble wings. Does Antares have those features?

4. Interestingly, SkySafari does not list Antares under "Tonight's Best" viewing (or maybe it's there and I missed it?) I would think that a star this bright and catching so many eyes would be on "Tonight's Best", no? But I suppose it isn't surprising since it is best viewed around May 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Thanks, guys. Good info. I also checked SkySafari, and this is what I surmise about Antares:

1. Rises at 1:17 PM, transits at 5:06 PM and sets at 8:56 PM today. The object that is being reported appears only briefly - right before sunset (around 7:08 PM today), and disappearing from view about an hour or so later. Antares would be viewable for another 45 or so minutes, wouldn't it?

2. According to SkySafari Antares is best viewed around May 31st of each year, whereas the object being reported became visible by many only a few months ago and appears to be getting larger and closer over the weeks.

3. The object at issue is irregular or disc-shaped, sometimes sporting extensions that resemble wings. Does Antares have those features?

4. Interestingly, SkySafari does not list Antares under "Tonight's Best" viewing (or maybe it's there and I missed it?) I would think that a star this bright and catching so many eyes would be on "Tonight's Best", no? But I suppose it isn't surprising since it is best viewed around May 31st.

Correct Antares would not show up on the best viewing and its because of our position in the yearly orbit around the sun so Antares is only seen for a few minutes at dusk/sunset at this time of year.
    So in the month of May Antares will show up at night and then appear on the tonights best viewing charts/list.

SkySafri also has a Satellite tracking feature thats up-dateable and it does this along with comets and asteroids, using the feature may surprise many, just how much in each category is out there! Over the years from the early 60s to date we have put allot stuff up there and most of it is now junk just floating around and slowly drifting back to earth for a fiery reentry.
    Last edited by Publius; 10-05-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Correct Antares would not show up on the best viewing and its because of our position in the yearly orbit around the sun so Antares is only seen for a few minutes at dusk/sunset at this time of year.
    So in the month of May Antares will show up at night and then appear on the tonights best viewing charts/list.

SkySafri also has a Satellite tracking feature thats up-dateable and it does this along with comets and asteroids, using the feature may surprise many, just how much in each category is out there! Over the years from the early 60s to date we have put allot stuff up there and most of it is now junk just floating around and slowly drifting back to earth for a fiery reentry.
    What people are seeing definitely isn't Antares because it is visible for more more than a few minutes.

Actually, one of the chief "debunkers" on the-site-that-shall-not-be-named officially admitted tonight that the object is NOT Venus; it is nothing he knows or has ever seen, and in his words, "We have a problem."

Wing-shaped, fiery orange, bright and large. Sound familiar?

Dozens of people tonight caught a glimpse of this thing at sunset, low on the horizon. Some have been seeing it for more than a year now, and they swear it's getting closer and brighter. I am too deep in the woods to get a glimpse :-(

I have no doubt that in the not-so-distant future it will be visible by you and others here, so we will just revisit this thread when the time comes, because based on the number of reports, videos and pics coming in all over the world now, the time is coming.

It could be a satellite with solar panels and its in low orbit or retrograde.
    There are a small number of people that track satellites and at times you can get whats called an Iridium flash from the solar panels. They even have satellites named Iridium or use the word Iridium as part of its full name. Many satellites have huge solar panel arrays on opposite side of it and they reflect light like a mirror but its looks like gold color or Iridium colored.

There are a small number of people that track satellites and at times you can get whats called an Iridium flash from the solar panels. They even have satellites named Iridium or use the word Iridium as part of its full name. Many satellites have huge solar panel arrays on opposite side of it and they reflect light like a mirror but its looks like gold color or Iridium colored.
    A satellite that is only visible in the same narrow patch of sky every night for a couple of hours? This object appears briefly at sunset and then disappears shortly thereafter. It is definitely not a satellite. Like I said, the debunkers have now thrown up their hands - which almost never happens.

Everyone - and I means EVERYONE - who has seen it says the same thing: they can't believe their eyes. It is already causing a bit of fear in some people, and they have only glimpsed it from a great distance. It is getting closer, Pub. And it's not Antares or a satellite. Don't know what your view of the horizon is, but on a clear night you should go check it out amd see if it comports with your theories if what it could be. It will be the brightest thing in the sky before Venus appears...

I have found some news that an old 6 ton NASA research satellite is falling from orbit and last news I could find on it was from October 3 of this year and it seems it has not reentered yet, but they are keeping an eye on it.

How to find

Were in the sky is it will look tonight if clear. In the uk

Take care

That's great, but this isn't a satellite we are talking about, people...

I have been seeing this star/planet whatever it is. In fact about a month ago, when I first watched it, I thought it was a plane with landing lights it was so bright. But after it staying in view for over an hour, I knew it was not. I saw it again (when no chemtrails blurred it) and had a discussion with my daughter about it as we were driving and viewing it. I do not know where planets are suppose to be, but I have figured it was not a planet (Venus) because I have not seen this star/planet in the past. It is so bright and it does not twinkle as other planets/stars do. I watched it last night again. It is due West and it is out at dusk it is super bright even when the sky is still bright from the sun just going down.

I invite everyone to look West to South West about 20 degrees up in the sky as the sun is going down or just after. You will see a very bright star/light, it goes down to the North West after about 2 hours after the sun going down. That is from my view, as it goes down below the tree lines to the North West when I watch it.

I got pictures of it last night, including negative pictures. It shows up large especially on the negative ones. It was only with my tablet and at a 4 times zoom, that is all it would go.

But it is for real and everyone may want to start looking right around sunset to the West.
    We are the power to change the world together. We each have energy that is strong and powerful. It is up to each of us to decide how we use the energy and where we put our focus. Embrace the truth of yourself and what is!

Quote Originally Posted by awakeaware View Post

I got pictures of it last night, including negative pictures. It shows up large especially on the negative ones. It was only with my tablet and at a 4 times zoom, that is all it would go.

But it is for real and everyone may want to start looking right around sunset to the West.
    What type of tablet do you have? If it's an iPad then there's an app you can get for it that'll tell you what your seeing up there in the sky, be it a satellite, plane, planet, star, commet, etc., when you point the camera at that particular object. I'm not sure if the app is droid capable yet or not and ''no'' I don't remember the name of the app I have neither a tablet nor a smart phone. If you go over to the astronomy forums, on the net, you can find out the name of the app and most probably what the object is.

K-

It is a Samsung Galaxy.
    We are the power to change the world together. We each have energy that is strong and powerful. It is up to each of us to decide how we use the energy and where we put our focus. Embrace the truth of yourself and what is!

Quote Originally Posted by awakeaware View Post
    I have been seeing this star/planet whatever it is. In fact about a month ago, when I first watched it, I thought it was a plane with landing lights it was so bright. But after it staying in view for over an hour, I knew it was not. I saw it again (when no chemtrails blurred it) and had a discussion with my daughter about it as we were driving and viewing it. I do not know where planets are suppose to be, but I have figured it was not a planet (Venus) because I have not seen this star/planet in the past. It is so bright and it does not twinkle as other planets/stars do. I watched it last night again. It is due West and it is out at dusk it is super bright even when the sky is still bright from the sun just going down.

I invite everyone to look West to South West about 20 degrees up in the sky as the sun is going down or just after. You will see a very bright star/light, it goes down to the North West after about 2 hours after the sun going down. That is from my view, as it goes down below the tree lines to the North West when I watch it.

THAT is it! That is exactly what people from the Netherlands to Tennessee have been describing in the southwestern sky now. A few amateur astronomers who have laid optics on it said that it looked fiery, dynamic and evil - like death coming. Strange words coming from men of science.

I, like Awakaware, invite everyone here to start looking to the southwest at sunset, about 20 degrees up from the horizon, when those conveniently-placed chemtrails don't block your view. From what I have been told by those who have been watching this "object" for months, it is getting closer and brighter every day. And it moves fast.

NASA is down, so we can't inquire about this object. Coincidence? And now we are flirting with a Treasury default...I don't know, people, this is starting to look and feel like a set-up to me. What if they are intentionally crashing the economy before everyone sees this thing, big and bold in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer4 View Post
    Were in the sky is it will look tonight if clear. In the uk

Take care
    Stargazer: it is reported to be at the southwest just before sunset (maybe 10-15 minutes?), about 20 degrees above the horizon. It is somewhat near the sun, as it is theorized that it is only visible when it received tremendous light from the sun. And once the suns sets it disappears from view.

You MUST have a clear, unobstructed view of the horizon. And we all know how difficult that is to do these days...

A few of the known man made satellites and there are more in that area, I cannot give a bigger image than the forum is setup to do.

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/attac...1&d=1381083747
    Attached Images

A few of the known man made satellites and there are more in that area, I cannot give a bigger image than the forum is setup to do.

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/attac...1&d=1381083747
    I am just curious. What about the object description makes you think satellite? The fiery orange color, the wings, the tail? Do satellites have any of these features? And why would a satellite only be visible for an hour or so at sunset?

If you have any other explanations I would love to hear them, but I think we're beyond the satellite stage with this object.

Do you have a clear, chemtrail-free view of the horizon at sunset? You should take a look and then come tell us what you see/think.

I am just curious. What about the object description makes you think satellite? The fiery orange color, the wings, the tail? Do satellites have any of these features? And why would a satellite only be visible for an hour or so at sunset?

If you have any other explanations I would love to hear them, but I think we're beyond the satellite stage with this object.

Do you have a clear, chemtrail-free view of the horizon at sunset? You should take a look and then come tell us what you see/think.

It fits the description of a gold foil or Iridium satellite reflecting the light of the sun back to earth and if it happens just so it would look much like you're saying its somewhat in the shape of a satellite.

http://www.satobs.org/iridium.html#iridum

http://www.astrosat.net/us/flare.php

It fits the description of a gold foil or Iridium satellite reflecting the light of the sun back to earth and if it happens just so it would look much like you're saying its somewhat in the shape of a satellite.
    But still no explanation as to why it would only be visible just before and just after sunset...?

Also, and this is very important, why would the satellite be getting CLOSER over the past year?

Hmmm.

But still no explanation as to why it would only be visible just before and just after sunset...?

Also, and this is very important, why would the satellite be getting CLOSER over the past year?

Hmmm.
    It's probably one of the ones that's falling slowly back to earth, there are a few that are coming down due to age, etc., IIRC it did take awhile for the spacelab to fall back to earth.

K-

This is what I see. Many have been seeing it. There are lots of videos on yt now. Western Sky light. This person has it as ISON, which is completely wrong since ISON is not visible by the naked eye yet. This is what I have seen for about 3 months now. Again - it is strange and isn't Venus, and regarding satellites. I have gone into the mountains when the University holds telescope events. We can see satellites passing overhead super fast and they are super small. This is Not a satellite or debris from one. It is something.... but what?

It's probably one of the ones that's falling slowly back to earth, there are a few that are coming down due to age, etc., IIRC it did take awhile for the spacelab to fall back to earth.

K-
    If you have a clear view of the southwest sky at dusk, why don't you take a look and tell me if it seems like a satellite to you? From what I'm hearing this object has a tail. Do satellites have tails? And are satellites the size of planets?

Many people initially confused this object - brighter than anything else in the sky - with Venus. Is any satellite as bright as Venus?

If you have a clear view of the southwest sky at dusk, why don't you take a look and tell me if it seems like a satellite to you? From what I'm hearing this object has a tail. Do satellites have tails? And are satellites the size of planets?

Many people initially confused this object - brighter than anything else in the sky - with Venus. Is any satellite as bright as Venus?
    ain't gonna happen today unless the cloud cover moves out. Will try to get a look here sometime this week. Yes many sats have tails or tail like appendages. Yes when they are hanging in a low orbit they can be as bright or brighter than Venus it's due to the light reflecting off of the foil coverings on the sats. The reason your only seeing it for a couple of hours each day is because of it's angle in it's current orbit once the sun is above or below a certain angle you no longer see the sat.

K-

ain't gonna happen today unless the cloud cover moves out. Will try to get a look here sometime this week. Yes many sats have tails or tail like appendages. Yes when they are hanging in a low orbit they can be as bright or brighter than Venus it's due to the light reflecting off of the foil coverings on the sats. The reason your only seeing it for a couple of hours each day is because of it's angle in it's current orbit once the sun is above or below a certain angle you no longer see the sat.

K-
    Okay. But do me a favor: don't look for anything the size of a satellite. This thing is LARGE. Way, way larger than a satellite.

K-

There is an impressive number of dead sats drifting around out there and there is a list of all these sats active and dead and some of dead satellites are listed as tumbling wildly in they're decaying orbits.
    The sun reflecting off these things, if it happen just right will appear very bright and could look to be 100 times larger than its actual size as the reflected light spreads out over distance! Try it with a mirror and catching the sunlight and reflecting some distance across a valley and that reflected light image on the other side of the valley will be much bigger than the mirror your holding and also it will be in the same shape as the mirror it self, be it square or in the shape of a butterfly it will cast the image/reflection the same shape.

As far as I'm concerned, GLP and the people who post there have zero credibility. They are the insane asylum of the Internet.

Okay. But do me a favor: don't look for anything the size of a satellite. This thing is LARGE. Way, way larger than a satellite.
    Optical illusion/conclusion due to the atmosphere, it's the same optical illusion/conclusion that gives us mirages in the desert.

K-

This isn't GLP info. This is from my eyes and videos. Personally I haven't even looked at GLP in months. I agree the info there is mostly smut and lower vibration threads.

Personally from seeing this and from seeing satellites and being familiar with them, this is in no way a satellite. Everyone has their own opinions.

Everyone can simply look to the West right at dusk when there are no clouds and make their own determination.

There are lots of videos on youtube now, since people around the world find it very unusual. I will be getting a video of it when I can. I have a telescope now (got it today) and I will take videos and pictures of it through the lens.

Optical illusion/conclusion due to the atmosphere, it's the same optical illusion/conclusion that gives us mirages in the desert.

K-
    So you'd stepped outside and saw it?

So you'd stepped outside and saw it?
    No, it's super cloudy here right now, the cloud deck is very low, and it's raining. Tomorrow it's supposed to be gorgeous out with no clouds so I will try to get out into the countryside upon a high spot at sundown to see if anything can be seen here in flyover country. I will take a camera with me that has a really good zoom properties as well!

opitical illusions do occur with low flying sats.

If it can wait until Tuesday, all depending upon the forecast, I can take my telescope with me as well.

K-

38. When I hold my Google Sky app up at it on my phone in the Western sky, it says Uranus.
    "And none of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand." -Dan 12:10

Might want to spend a little time skywatching...this is not the only unusual thing being observed.
    "Judgment and love are opposites. From one comes all the sorrows of the world. From the other comes the peace of God. Judgment will bind the eyes and make men blind. "

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    When I hold my Google Sky app up at it on my phone in the Western sky, it says Uranus.
    Sorry to say, your app appears to be wrong from what this says.

http://www.space.com/23052-uranus-sh...night-sky.html (written Oct. 3 2013)

The outer planets, Uranus and Neptune, are far from the sun and catch few of its rays, making them dim and hard to find. Uranus, for example, reaches opposition with the sun on Thursday (Oct. 3). Directly opposite the sun in our sky, it is at its closest and brightest, yet it is only just barely visible to the unaided eye in a dark moonless sky. For most people, a set of binoculars will be an essential tool for spotting Uranus.
    When you see it in the sky, what we are talking about, you will see that you don't need binoculars (more like sunglasses) to see it. (obviously I exaggerated... ) it is very bright!