Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

FOOD Is the Food Stamp Program shut down?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverSayNever View Post
    Someone on my facebook page posted this notice from WIC.
    That number shows as:
    Attorney General Louisiana
    Consumer Protection Section
    One American Place
    P.O. Box 94095
    Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9095
    (225) 342-7900
    (225) 342-9637 FAX
    1-800-351-4889 CONSUMER HOTLINE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gravy View Post
    Looks like someone wants to get the masses rioting in the streets.
    It looks like ALL OF THIS shutdown business is poking people to riot.

My gov source said to prepare for something to cause EVERYONE to riot-- big time. He told me this 3 months ago, and now I'm thinking this may be an intentional cause to get people to riot....
    this is getting really ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by joyfulheart View Post
    My gov source said to prepare for something to cause EVERYONE to riot-- big time. He told me this 3 months ago, and now I'm thinking this may be an intentional cause to get people to riot....
    If they get people to riot than they have reason to take force. Once they take force than they make up excuses to KEEP taking force. Taking away food stamps and Wic from the poor makes the poor want to riot. Closing monuments, national parks and taking away jobs makes the other people want to riot. Sounds like a VERY well thought out plan.

Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverSayNever View Post
    If they get people to riot than they have reason to take force. Once they take force than they make up excuses to KEEP taking force. Taking away food stamps and Wic from the poor makes the poor want to riot. Closing monuments, national parks and taking away jobs makes the other people want to riot. Sounds like a VERY well thought out plan.

This is all looking like a grand plan to me.

Get citizens to riot, the economy fails, the blame goes onto the Republicans for it all.

We've been reading for years that its all going to crash, so all they need is a reason and a fall guy.
    May God be with us in the coming days

this is all i have been able to find out here in my state. real vague. it is ok for a couple of weeks and then....who knows. at least mississippi gave a definite cut off date so people would know (and i don't just mean the wic users...)
    http://www.startribune.com/local/west/226154891.html

Minnesota WIC program to continue

• Article by: PAUL LEVY , Star Tribune
    • Updated: October 2, 2013 - 11:50 AM
    The USDA will provide additional funding during the federal shutdown, which will allow the program to continue for at least a few more weeks, state officials said.

Minnesota’s Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program, which provides $2 million for food purchases each week for eligible families, will continue to receive funding from the U.S. Department of Agriculture during the federal shutdown for at least a few more weeks, it was announced Wednesday.
    “The USDA has committed to providing additional funding to Minnesota,” allowing the state Health Department to maintain the WIC program, said Maggie Diebel, director of the Minnesota department’s community and family health division.
    WIC aids low-income women and children up to age 5. Families involved with the WIC program, which aims to help recipients meet health and nutritional needs, should continue to redeem vouchers and go to appointments, Diebel said.
    Further announcements concerning the program’s fate during the shutdown could come next week.
    “We’ll keep people posted,” Diebel said.
    Nearly half of the babies born in Minnesota are involved in the program, officials said.
    float like a butterfly...

Guess that be a Gimmedat holding the paper. Also gots dem white perly figger nails

A couple years ago I had a dream about Social Security shutting down. It was different from my normal dreams, and I'll never forget the pain in the faces of the elderly people involved.

Elderly people all over the country were going to meeting houses and community centers to be told their options. I shudder to think about what the options that would be offered under Obama.

I only write this because I wouldn't put it past Obama, or rather is handlers, to make this happen. They can destroy our country one person at a time, all the while claiming to follow the law.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    If I might ask how do you know that the food assistance will stop in Nov. where did you read this.
    Shutdown could delay November food stamps
    http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news...ps-4864726.php

On Politics: Food stamp benefits could run out by Nov. 2
    http://chippewa.com/news/local/govt-...105c34c9e.html

And of course the benefits themselves are due to be cut in November anyway.
    SNAP Benefits Will Be Cut for All Participants in November 2013
    http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3899

Liz Metcalf - Ind. Avon Representative
    www.LipstickLiz.com - Liz@LipstickLiz.com
    You can earn an extra $500, $1,000 or more a month with Avon. No parties, no inventory to purchase, and a trusted and well known brand that has been in business for 127 years. Medical, dental, Rx, plus 401K available to Reps. Just $15 to join. Contact me today!

I know this has nothing to do with Food Stamps or WIC as far as I can tell but I'd like to report that I went to a quite large Amish store today that I have frequently visited in the past. It's been many months since I've been there though and I was shocked when I went there today. The parking lot is quite large and I was lucky to find one spot open. The store was completely full of customers and staff alike. Every register was going full bore and there were 4 to 5 people standing in every line. It was near impossible to walk down the aisles with so many people shopping. I didn't even have a cart. I asked the casher if this was crazy or what and she said every saturday has been like this for the last month or more. Very interesting.

It looked like people were stocking up and I must say everyone was cordial and friendly. A good sign I would think.
    "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

~~~ http://www.VictoriaColumbus.com ~~~

Real friendship, real love and real compassion doesn't have an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by bethshaya View Post

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

W ell if this happens it surly won't be very long now.

I guess it's time to get out the oil and make everything well lubed.
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS

LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by bethshaya View Post

Please note the liberal use of the word "could" rather than "will." Most of the articles out there on this are nothing but pure speculation with a little fearmongering going in. And the November issues are not about the shut down but about the debt ceiling. They want all eyes on the shut down so they don't have to deal with the realities of the debt ceiling.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isn’t it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?” - Kelvin R. Throop III

Quote Originally Posted by joyfulheart View Post
    How "far up" in the gov is your source? Are they credible?

Just curious is all.....connections like that always get my attention.

He works for deee ehhhh essss. Very reliable, very credible... At the time I thought he was being a bit dramatic or exaggerating (no, he is not that type, but I could not imagine any scenario where EVERYONE would be rioting. Now I could) He said it would come to even our suburb of Dallas. (He does not live anywhere near me)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmanan View Post
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

W ell if this happens it surly won't be very long now.

I guess it's time to get out the oil and make everything well lubed.

They do like to be run wet.

Just another hit, Tried to enroll my daughter in head start last week. Wasn't happening. The lady said they aren't accepting any new kids, and the ones they do have currently, are in danger of losing their head start daycare. I looked online to see what this was about because I hadn't heard anything but found this:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...Search+Results

"Children are affected, too. About 19,000 kids won't be able to attend Head Start, a federal education program for preschoolers."

While this just means I won't get a job anytime soon, for some people that's the only option for daycare they have, and could mean more people losing jobs. Big problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by njs7877 View Post
    Just another hit, Tried to enroll my daughter in head start last week. Wasn't happening. The lady said they aren't accepting any new kids, and the ones they do have currently, are in danger of losing their head start daycare. I looked online to see what this was about because I hadn't heard anything but found this:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...Search+Results

"Children are affected, too. About 19,000 kids won't be able to attend Head Start, a federal education program for preschoolers."

While this just means I won't get a job anytime soon, for some people that's the only option for daycare they have, and could mean more people losing jobs. Big problem there.
    Headstart isn't being affected here in Florida.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isn’t it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?” - Kelvin R. Throop III

OK I realize my direct information is about 20 years out of date - BUT I don't think the Federal/State system has changed all that much, details will change but over-all MOST "welfare" and "assistance" type of programs in the US are partly (or totally) funded by the US Tax payer via the Federal government but administered by EACH STATE.

Now, many such programs also use or offer State matching funding and/or depend on State funding for part of their programs. In my day a lot of "matching funds" were never spent (congress counted on this because it looked like "saved" money) because the State could not or would not spend the "matches." Congress could feel really good about say allocating 50 million for a program to help working single Mothers with jobs, but not a penny got spent (and usually ended up just back in the US Treasury) because the State of Confusion had no funds to put up to "match" the available money.

Food stamps has always worked this way and probably still does now that it is an EBT system; States have guild lines they have to follow but run their own social service programs in terms of deciding who gets them etc. You don't go to a Federal Office to apply (or you didn't used to) you go to the State or County Welfare office who fills out your forms. Most (if not all) actual food stamp money is Federal, so a local agency is out nothing by suggesting a family cheat to get more benefits.

That is not true of many State/Federal or even State only funded programs, who may even pay workers to try and switch folks from a State funded (or partly State funded) program like AFDC WIC (standard welfare) to "Disabled" (aka "Crazy Money") because they the State doesn't have to pay anything other than the social worker who fills out the forms to get the child (or adult) off the AFDC roles and onto the Federal system.

The issue's with WIC make me furious because I have known many Mothers and Babies (often with really disabled children) who have used the service for the limited time it is provided and it is one of the few Federal/State assistance programs that does exactly what it says (and no more) and does seem to provide long term benefits in terms of improved health and tax-payer savings.

Under WIC, pregnant women, infants and small children (a bit older if there is a really disabled child) get vouchers for only certain types of healthy, good foods that they need or that a doctor proscribes. They can't buy soda pop or candy; just specific sorts of food like cheeses, milk, fresh fruits and veg, formula (especially if Mom can't nurse) etc - I think some programs also have vouchers for diapers and infant supplies (not sure on that one) but the program is very basic, doesn't really cost that much compared to other things and has drastically cut the number of underweight infants, pregnancy complications and actual starvation among tiny children.

There is never enough money to fund every family that needs it so social workers have to be selective (in most States) on who gets in, personally I'd rather extend the funding of WIC (keeping the types of food restricted) and dumping the current food stamp regulations that allow people to use EBT cards/stamps for cakes, soda pop and frozen pizza.

Anyway, I suspect that WIC is being directly impacted more quickly in some States because it it more heavily dependent on individual State funding; I'm pretty sure they get some Federal funds, but I know this program varies so widely state to state there has to be a larger State funding than there is with food stamps.

So that would be why someone in one State may be just fine until the end of the November but about to run out of WIC vouchers right now in another.

Food stamps could be cut off in the government totally defaults in mid-October but that will surprise me because even the idiots in Washington with a clue know that the only thing keeping away the 1930's style bread lines is food stamps.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Head Start works with "matching funds" from the States in most cases, if the State doesn't have enough funds to carry on without the Federal match, the program closes.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Quote Originally Posted by rafter View Post
    This is all looking like a grand plan to me.

Get citizens to riot, the economy fails, the blame goes onto the Republicans for it all.

We've been reading for years that its all going to crash, so all they need is a reason and a fall guy.
    And the clever Mr. Obama is luring the Republicans out by keeping the Golf Courses open. He can bag a lot of them at one time.
    SS

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy in FL View Post
    Headstart isn't being affected here in Florida.
    I have heard a couple of people here say that Headstart here was shutting down. I'm in the NW Florida Panhandle. I will try to double check today.

They do like to be run wet.
    Singer sewing machine oil for the autos' and belt feds'...dripping is how they like it....