Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT Bomb Threat in Virginia Police inspecting trucks
+ Reply to Thread

Bomb Threat in Virginia Police inspecting trucks

http://www.wvec.com/news/After-threa...223311881.html
    Video at the link

After bomb threat, Va. State Police inspect trucks at 2 tunnels

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on September 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Updated today at 1:46 PM

NORFOLK- A bomb threat was called in to Va. State Police Wednesday morning, putting officers on alert and forcing inspections of all trucks passing through the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel and the Monitor-Merrimac going north.

As a result, traffic backed up for miles on I-64 at the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel and on I-664 North at the Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel.

Va. State Police say commercial vehicles at both tunnels will be inspected throughout the day, even though the time frame for the threat has expired.

Local and State Police are increasing patrols, Homeland Security and members of the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force are providing assistance and support to State Police as needed, said FBI spokeswoman Vanessa Torres. The task force is a collaborative effort with the FBI, local, state and federal agencies. The U.S. Coast Guard says provided two K-9 units to assist State Police in their investigation, said Petty Officer Brandyn Hill.

In a statement, authorities said, "At approximately 7:50 a.m., Wednesday (Sept. 11, 2013), Virginia State Police received a phone call regarding a bomb threat within the Hampton Roads region. The threat included a timeframe for the threat to occur, which has since expired. At this time, no incidents have been reported anywhere in the Hampton Roads region.
    As a precautionary measure, state police immediately stepped up patrols within the region as well as initiated commercial vehicle inspections along Interstates 64 and 664. For the safety of the motoring public, the inspections will continue throughout the day due to it being the anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks.
    State police have also been working with federal and local law enforcement to evaluate the threat, and to supplement patrol and inspection resources. The incident remains under investigation.
    Due to the nature of today’s anniversary, state police across the Commonwealth have been on heightened alert for the safety of the Commonwealth and its citizens. "

People are talking about the traffic on the WVEC13 Facebook page.

Kimberly Morris Burke wrote, "I came through the tunnel at around 8:45 am, and the police were just getting there. I saw about 10 police cars. I was wondering what was going on and thinking about what day it is. Kinda scary going through that tunnel."

Debbie Linkous Thomas added, "Ridiculous that everyone has to pay the price for a prank...bombers and terrorists usually don't call and warn you first...just saying. BUT there's always a first time, so what do you do but take it seriously."

Mixie Monrroy Morales added, "I missed a Dr.'s appt at Langley because of it."

David Taylor wrote, "I always feel vulnerable in any of the tunnels, on any day, but especially today. Was headed for the downtown tunnel, but the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge is my plan now. Peace of mind for a buck and a half is a steal. State Police must have some reason for inspecting these trucks, and I'm glad to see them doing it."

Traffic is backed up for miles at both tunnels.

Michael Brewer, the chief of police with the Virginia Port Authority Police Dept., said, "We are always at 'elevated' level and continue to maintain compliance with the MARSEC level as directed by the USCG Captain of the Port. In more laymen words, we are closely monitoring today’s threats and in communication with our state and federal law enforcement partners."

Hampton Roads Transit tweeted this message,"Please be suspicious of anything unattended on HRT's vehicles or property. Tell a cop, or call HRT Safety and

Oh man, while I knew stuff like this would happen, I was praying it wouldn't.

In Maryland this would pull the swat teams off the bikers.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

The video was at 1:30, they said the time had expired for the bomb threat which was for a specific time. But they are still inspecting trucks and vans.

I live in Norfolk, and the "Herbert" (as it's lovingly called), the HRBT (Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel) is a mess on the BEST days.

We are surrounded by waterways, and I mean surrounded. We have bridges and tunnels everywhere, and the tunnels have to be dug extra deep so that the massive naval ships can pass through.

So, if you wanted to cripple this area, that's what you'd do.

At rush hour, these tunnels are packed solid for many, many miles.

Odd they can track down anyone they want after a call is placed and seems to be very selective when they want to apply it.

Enemies Foreign and Domestic.
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
    --John F. Kennedy

Please let us know if you see or hear anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty_Rose View Post
    I live in Norfolk, and the "Herbert" (as it's lovingly called), the HRBT (Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel) is a mess on the BEST days.

We are surrounded by waterways, and I mean surrounded. We have bridges and tunnels everywhere, and the tunnels have to be dug extra deep so that the massive naval ships can pass through.

So, if you wanted to cripple this area, that's what you'd do.

At rush hour, these tunnels are packed solid for many, many miles.

so that's why the other 12 muslims were late for the deecee rally
    Pragmatic. Eclectic. Realistic.

The BIBLE: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth! Read it yourself. Live it. Love it.

Vivere Paratus: Fortune Favors the Prepared

I wonder if this excuse is for the purpose of blocking traffic and slowing bikers from getting through?

We're 3+ hours south of DC. I doubt that this would interfere much with the bikers.