Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

VIDEO Pastor JD Farag MId-East Prophecy Update September 1, 2013
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pastor JD Farag MId-East Prophecy Update September 1, 2013

Published on Sep 1, 2013

Pastor JD talks about where the situation in Syria appears to be heading, and perhaps more importantly why it matters.

1Pe 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore of sound mind, and be sober unto prayer

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    Joh 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.

Let me be the first to thank you, CGTech, this is a must listen tonight.

I've been waiting for this post. Thank you! I've noticed that Pastor JD, a native Arabic speaker, pronounces Assad as Ass ad. The Syrian certainly seems to be an ass. : )

MARANATHA!
    "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14)."

Choose Life--Your Mother Did!!!
    MARANATHA! means "Come, O Lord!"

One of the 'required homework' he mentioned towards the end;

http://blogs.blueletterbible.org/blb...ll-not-escape/

1Pe 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore of sound mind, and be sober unto prayer

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    Joh 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.

and here is the Thomas Ice collection at Rapture Ready, the one JD is specifically pointing to is number 139

http://www.raptureready.com/featured/ice/ttcol.html

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBuggy View Post
    Let me be the first to thank you, CGTech, this is a must listen tonight.
    Yep

And the 2 homework scriptures...

1 Thessalonians 5:1-11

English Standard Version (ESV)
    The Day of the Lord

5 Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers,[a] you have no need to have anything written to you. 2 For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. 5 For you are all children[b] of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. 6 So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. 9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-7

New International Version (NIV)
    The Man of Lawlessness

2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.

Thank you. Listening in the background in another tab. I see Syria is at Russia's "Door Step". And we are messing with Russia. This is a dangerous situation.

8. Let me get my thanks in before all the trolls jump in.
    "And none of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand." -Dan 12:10

Folks, "October 1st". We are getting close.

10. Technically, the very next moad (appointed day) that has not been fulfilled by Jesus is Yom Teruah - Feast of Trumpets (aka Rosh Hashanah). So we may be closer than you think ; )
    "And none of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand." -Dan 12:10

Manomanomanoman I am sooooooo ready! Hot diggity I hope this is it!

Quote Originally Posted by Flippper View Post
    ^^^ Ha Ha. This. I couldn't have said it better.

Well he did a good job of summarizing the press clipping concerning the Obama fiasco with Syria. And glad to see he will ask forgiveness when his interpretation of the events prove him wrong.

Ezekiel 38 is not understood by JD but its timing is sorely abused for it is and has been in play for some time. He just does not understand who Gog is or who Israel is. Why does he not carry the prophecy to its proper conclusion which is the timing of Ezekiel 39, which in turn occurs during the tribulation era? His other reoccurring error is the proposition that there is 7 years tribulation era (Daniel 9). Most of the prophecies he cites apply as to their finale within the tribulation era and very near to the end of it.

It is understandable that to support the pre-tribulation rapture dogma one needs for these prophecies to occur before the tribulation era. The era by the way begins 1335 days before the millennial reign of Christ (Daniel 12). The major part of all the so-called pre trib prophecies have fulfillment within the tribulation era and Ezekiel 39 does also with 38 being more of a descriptive proclamation of Gog and his historic condition.

JD makes a convincing presentation and I hope when his pre trib proclamations fail he will seek to properly understand the time of the end prophecies.

Amen and Amen. You and me both sister, you and me both!
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Once again, thanks CG. A VERY important message tonight.
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Me too!!

Thanks CGTech for posting his programs - much appreciated.
    "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Psalm 34:1)

Another must hear, especially starting at 34:00 AND 44:18
    Thank you CG for faithfully posting JD's prophecy updates!
    Last edited by iboya; 09-02-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: update
    Matthew 6:12 - And forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. 1Thessalonians 4-16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.www.fidf.org

Home work Assignments

Quote Originally Posted by CGTech View Post
    One of the 'required homework' he mentioned towards the end;

Thank you CG, here are the homework assignments
    Fair Use Cited

Assignment 1
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...05&version=ESV
    Read 1Thess 5:1-11

1 Thessalonians 5

The Day of the Lord

1 Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers,[a] you have no need to have anything written to you.

2 For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

3 While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

5 For you are all children[b] of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness.

6 So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober.

7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night.

8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation.

9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him.

11 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

Assignment 2
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...02&version=ESV
    Read 2 Thess. 2:1-7

The Man of Lawlessness

1 Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers,[a]

2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness[b] is revealed, the son of destruction,[c]

4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?

6 And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way.

Assignment 3
    Read
    They Shall Not Escape

Guest post by Justin Alfred

1 Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, ‘Peace and safety!’ then destruction will come upon them suddenly like birth pangs upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape (καὶ οὐ μὴ [ou mē] ἐκφύγωσιν). 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day should overtake you like a thief; 5 for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; 6 so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober. 7 For those who sleep do their sleeping at night, and those who get drunk get drunk at night. 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with Him. 11 Therefore encourage one another, and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

(1 Thessalonians 5:1-11)

This passage is dealing with the rapture and the Second Coming of the Lord some seven years later. Verse 3 is saying this: those who refuse Christ, when the rapture comes and the Great Tribulation begins, these people “will in no way, under any circumstances, escape the hellish consequences that will follow.” As you can see in the quote above, the οὐ μὴ [ou mē] is attached to the English verb “escape,” which is an aorist active subjunctive, thus, this is the subjunctive of emphatic negation, implying that nothing they will do will facilitate an escape from the ensuing tribulation. In other words, it is too late since they rejected Christ.

Let’s note the actual verb “escape” in the Greek. Its root is ἐκφεύγω (ekpheugō), and it comes from two Greek words: (1) the Greek preposition ἐκ (ek), which means “out of, from, and away from”; and (2) the Greek verb φεύγω (pfeugō), which means “to seek safety in flight; to become safe from danger by eluding or avoiding it; to keep from doing something by avoiding it because of its potential damage; and to cease being visible.” As you can see, this verb incorporates almost every avenue of escape and avoidance that is available to someone, but in all of them, they shall not escape the coming tribulation and wrath of God that will be poured out!

The tragedy of sin and Satan’s lie

This is indeed the tragic commentary on that part of the human race that is in the bondage of spiritual, mental, and emotional darkness with regard to their sin and its self-destructive consequences. Satan is a liar. And although his lies go back to the fall of Adam and Eve in the Garden, they are still with us today, and it is just as intimidating, abusive, and coercive now as it was then. However, God’s Eternal Truth is a message that is just as real, and the following passages illustrate this. In Genesis 2:15-17, the Lord speaks to Adam concerning the “tree of the knowledge of good and evil”:

15 Then the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, “From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; 17 but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you shall surely die.

This last phrase is one of the most emphatic in the Old Testament, as it is comprised of what is called an infinitive absolute with a finite verb form. Thus, God is emphatically declaring that if Adam eats from this “tree,” then without any equivocation or the remotest doubt, “he will absolutely die.” Then we go to Genesis 3:1-5, and we read the following:

1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Indeed, has God said, ‘You shall not eat from any tree of the garden’?” 2 And the woman said to the serpent, “From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; 3 but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat from it or touch it, lest you die.’” 4 And the serpent said to the woman, “You surely shall not die! 5 For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
    (Genesis 3:1- 5)

In verse 4, we read Satan’s response to the woman, “You surely shall not die,” and this is the exact same grammatical construction as in Genesis 2:17 where the Lord said to Adam, “you shall surely die.” Thus, Satan used the same grammatical emphasis that the Lord used but making the exact opposite statement the Lord said, that if you eat of the “tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you surely shall not die.” And guess what? This is the exact same lie he is propagating today:

“You will surely not die and spend an eternity in a fabricated hell because there is no life after death, and even if there is, your good intentions and actions based on those intentions will compensate for anything and everything you have done because you are your own god, and you decide what is right and wrong based on your personal proclivities, versus some fabricated law that is supposedly the foundation for all truth throughout human history – you and you alone are your own ‘God,’ and what you determine is right and wrong is all that matters!”

What happens to those without Christ

When I read the above, and I see the tragedy of the lives of those who overtly reject Christ in favor of their own self-deification, my heart breaks, but I am also prompted with an urgency of sharing the Gospel with all whom God brings across my path because I see what will happen to those without Christ as their end and the end draws near:

1 Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together to Him, 2 that you may not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. 5 Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things? 6 And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he may be revealed. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. 8 And then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they might believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

(2 Thessalonians 2:1-12)

In the above passage, we see several things that are important to point out:

1. The meaning of the word “apostasy.”

Some have taught that the word “apostasy” in verse 3 is actually referring to the rapture because of the construction of this word in the Greek. In the Greek, the English word “apostasy” is ἀποστασία (apostasia), and it comes from two Greek words: the Greek preposition ἀπό (apo), which means “from, or away from”; and the Greek noun στάσις (stasis), which means “a condition of being in a certain position or state of affairs; a movement toward a (new) state of affairs; and a lack of agreement respecting policy.” Thus, with reference to the rapture, those who say this is what ἀποστασία (apostasia) is referring to do so because they say the preposition ἀπό (apo) indicates “moving away from one position to another,” which would include “moving away from the earth” to heaven with Jesus when He raptures the church.

On the other hand, verse 1 is clearly referring to the rapture when it says, “Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together to Him,” and so what we would have if ἀποστασία (apostasia) is referring to the rapture would be something like this: “Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together (i.e., being raptured) to Him, 2 that you may not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord (i.e., our being raptured) has come. 3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come (i.e., our being raptured) unless the apostasy (i.e., our being raptured) comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction.” So, according to those who say that ἀποστασία (apostasia) is referring to the rapture, based on the above passage, before the rapture occurs, we will be raptured! Now there is no way anyone can look at this passage and honestly say that is objective, honest, correct, and accurate exegesis of this passage. However, when we look at the word ἀποστασία (apostasia) and its use throughout Scripture, we see a quite different use of this word in the following passages:

(a) Joshua 22:22: “The Mighty One, God, the LORD, the Mighty One, God, the LORD! He knows, and may Israel itself know. If it was in rebellion (ἀποστασία – apostasia), or if in an unfaithful act against the LORD do not Thou save us this day! ”

(b) II Chronicles 22:19: “Moreover, all the utensils which King Ahaz had discarded during his reign in his unfaithfulness (ἀποστασία – apostasia), we have prepared and consecrated; and behold, they are before the altar of the LORD.” (LXX)

(c) Jeremiah 21:19: “Your apostasy (ἀποστασία – apostasia) shall correct you, and your wickedness shall reprove you: know then, and see, that you forsaking me has been bitter to you, saith the Lord your God; and I have taken no pleasure in thee, saith the Lord thy God.” (this verse is taken directly from the LXX, and the Hebrew MT has “apostasies,” which is obviously plural and is referring to many acts of “rebellion and unfaithfulness”)

(d) I Maccabees 2:15: “In the mean while the king’s officers, such as compelled the people to revolt (ἀποστασία – apostasia), came into the city Modin, to make them sacrifice.”

As we look at the above examples, we see is a clear act of “rebellion” and a “turning away” from that which is “truth” to that which is a “lie” – thus, the idea contained in στάσις (stasis), which means “a condition of being in a certain position or state of affairs; a movement toward a (new) state of affairs; and a lack of agreement respecting policy,” is consistently used with reference to a position of truth throughout the Scripture, as well as in Maccabees, and when ἀπό (apo) is attached, which indicates “moving away from one position to another,” that position that it one is moving “away from” with the use of (ἀποστασία – apostasia) is unequivocally, as just stated, the position of truth that the Scripture is emphasizing to a position of lies, contrary to biblical truth.

Consequently, the word ἀποστασία (apostasia) as used in 2 Thessalonians has absolutely nothing to do with the rapture, but rather it is talking about people who once had a “professed belief in Jesus,” but were persuaded by lies and false doctrines and eventually deserted Jesus, the Church, the Bible, and everything related to Christianity. After this occurs, at some point then the rapture will occur and the Anti-Christ will make his appearance.

2. The Anti-Christ will make his appearance.

As verse 3 indicates, The Anti-Christ will appear and proceed to proclaim his self-deification before the whole world: “3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.”

3. Verses 6-8 describe the rapture and the emergence of the Anti-Christ:

“6 And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he may be revealed. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. 8 And then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming.”

4. Verses 9-10 describe the tremendous deception that will spread over the earth through Satanic power and those who will be engulfed by it:

“9 that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.”

5. Verses 11-12 describe God’s judgment upon those who have rejected Christ and the Eternal Truth of God in Him:

“11 And for this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they might believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.” This last portion of Scripture is in line with Romans 1:18-32 with regard to God “giving people over” to their lusts and rebellion after rejecting Him on a consistent basis:

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God, or give thanks; but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four- footed animals and crawling creatures. 24 Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, that their bodies might be dishonored among them. 25 For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; 32 and, although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.
    (Romans 1:18-32)

Therefore, it is imperative for us who are Jesus’ followers to be the evangelists He has called us to be in Acts 1:6-8:

“6 And so when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, ‘Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?’ 7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; 8 but you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” There is no greater calling for us than to be Jesus’ “witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth,” and I want, therefore, to challenge all of you who read and respond to this Blog to begin being a witness to the world around you, versus simply embracing this or any other computer generated means of communication as your main source of communication with the world. As believers in Jesus, we need to the “salt and light” in a decaying and darkened world around us, proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ to those who have clothed themselves in the Bad News of this dying world. I would like to challenge all of you who read this Blog, therefore, to begin praying and asking the Lord to lead you every day to share the Gospel with someone who needs Jesus in their lives. You will be surprised to see what the Lord does in opening doors for you to share, but that is what He has promised to do for us as we go forth in faith and trust in Him to share with those who we either know that do not know the Lord, or with those whom we have never met, but who also desperately need the Lord.

Let’s resolve to spread the good news to those around us!

Assignment 4 continued below
    Last edited by iboya; 09-02-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Fair Use Cited
    Matthew 6:12 - And forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. 1Thessalonians 4-16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.www.fidf.org

Assignment 4

Fair Use Cited

Assignment 4
    http://www.raptureready.com/featured...onians2_3.html

The Rapture in 2 Thessalonians 2:3

by Thomas Ice

Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

- 2 Thessalonians 2:3

I believe that there is a strong possibility that 2 Thessalonians 2:3 is speaking of the rapture. What do I mean? Some pretribulationists, like myself, think that the Greek noun apostasia, usually translated " apostasy," is a reference to the rapture and should be translated " departure." Thus, this passage would be saying that the day of the Lord will not come until the rapture comes before it. If apostasia is a reference to a physical departure, then 2 Thessalonians 2:3 is strong evidence for pretribulationism.

The Meaning of Apostasia

The Greek noun apostasia is only used twice in the New Testament. In addition to 2 Thessalonians 2:3, it occurs in Acts 21:21 where, speaking of Paul, it is said, " that you are teaching all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake (apostasia)Moses." The word is a Greek compound of apo " from" and istemi " stand." Thus, it has the core meaning of " away from" or " departure." The Liddell and Scott Greek Lexicon defines apostasia first as " defection, revolt;" then secondly as " departure, disappearance." [1] Gordon Lewis explains how the verb from which the noun apostasia is derived supports the basic meaning of departure in the following:

The verb may mean to remove spatially. There is little reason then to deny that the noun can mean such a spatial removal or departure. Since the noun is used only one other time in the New Testament of apostasy from Moses (Acts 21:21), we can hardly conclude that its Biblical meaning is necessarily determined. The verb is used fifteen times in the New Testament. Of these fifteen, only three have anything to do with a departure from the faith (Luke 8;13; 1 Tim. 4:1; Heb 3:12). The word is used for departing from iniquity (2 Tim. 2:19), from ungodly men(1 Tim. 6:5), from the temple (Luke 2:27), from the body (2 Cor. 12:8), and from persons (Acts 12:10; Luke 4:13).[2]

" It is with full assurance of proper exegetical study and with complete confidence in the original languages," concludes Daniel Davey, " that the word meaning of apostasia is defined as departure." [3] Paul Lee Tan adds the following:

What precisely does Paul mean when he says that " the falling away" (2:3) must come before the tribulation? The definite article " the" denotes that this will be a definite event, an event distinct from the appearance of the Man of Sin. The Greek word for " falling away" , taken by itself, does not mean religious apostasy or defection. Neither does the word mean " to fall," as the Greeks have another word for that. [pipto, I fall; TDI] The best translation of the word is " to depart." The apostle Paul refers here to a definite event which he calls " the departure," and which will occur just before the start of the tribulation. This is the rapture of the church.[4]

So the word has the core meaning of departure and it depends upon the context to determine whether it is used to mean physical departure or an abstract departure such as departure from the faith.

Translation History

The first seven English translations of apostasia all rendered the noun as either " departure" or " departing." They are as follows: Wycliffe Bible (1384); Tyndale Bible (1526); Coverdale Bible (1535); Cranmer Bible (1539); Breeches Bible (1576); Beza Bible (1583); Geneva Bible (1608).[5] This supports the notion that the word truly means " departure." In fact, Jerome' s Latin translation known as the Vulgate from around the time of a.d. 400 renders apostasia with the " word discessio, meaning ' departure.' " [6] Why was the King James Version the first to depart from the established translation of " departure" ?

Theodore Beza, the Swiss reformer was the first to transliterate apostasia and create a new word, rather than translate it as others had done. The translators of the King James Version were the first to introduce the new rendering of apostasia as " falling away." Most English translators have followed the KJV and Beza in departing from translating apostasia as " departure." No good reason was ever given.

The Use of the Article

It is important to note that Paul uses a definite article with the noun apostasia. What does this mean? Davey notes the following:

Since the Greek language does not need an article to make the noun definite, it becomes clear that with the usage of the article reference is being made to something in particular. In II Thessalonians 2:3 the word apostasia is prefaced by the definite article which means that Paul is pointing to a particular type of departure clearly known to the Thessalonian church.[7]

Dr. Lewis provides a likely answer when he notes that the definite article serves to make a word distinct and draw attention to it. In this instance he believes that its purpose is " to denote a previous reference." " The departure Paul previously referred to was ' our being gathered to him' (v. 1) and our being ' caught up' with the Lord and the raptured dead in the clouds (1 Thess. 4:17)," notes Dr. Lewis.[8] The " departure" was something that Paul and his readers clearly had a mutual understanding about. Paul says in verse 5, " Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?"

The use of the definite article would also support the notion that Paul spoke of a clear, discernable event. A physical departure, like the rapture would fit just such a notion. However, the New Testament teaches that apostasy had already arrived in the first century (cf. Acts 20:27- 32; 1 Tim. 4:1- 5; 2 Tim. 3:1- 9; 2 Pet. 2:1- 3; Jude 3- 4, 17- 21) and thus, such a process would not denote a clear event as demanded by the language of this passage. Understanding departure as the rapture would satisfy the nuance of this text. E. Schuyler English explains as follows:

Again, how would the Thessalonians, or Christians in any century since, be qualified to recognize the apostasy when it should come, assuming, simply for the sake of this inquiry, that the Church might be on earth when it does come? There has been apostasy from God, rebellion against Him, since time began.[9]

Whatever Paul is referring to in his reference to " the departure," was something that both the Thessalonian believers and he had discussed in-depth previously. When we examine Paul' s first letter to the Thessalonians, he never mentions the doctrine of apostasy, however, virtually every chapter in that epistle speaks of the rapture (cf. 1:9- 10; 2:19; probably 3:13; 4:13- 17; 5:1- 11). In these passages, Paul has used a variety of Greek terms to describe the rapture. It should not be surprising that he uses another term to reference the rapture in 2 Thessalonians 2:3. Dr. House tells us:

Remember, the Thessalonians had been led astray by the false teaching (2:2- 3) that the Day of the Lord had already come. This was confusing because Paul offered great hope, in the first letter, of a departure to be with Christ and a rescue from god' s wrath. Now a letter purporting to be from Paul seems to say that they would first have to go through the Day of the Lord. Paul then clarified his prior teaching by emphasizing that they had no need to worry. They could again be comforted because the departure he had discussed in his first letter, and in his teaching while with them, was still the truth. The departure of Christians to be with Christ, and the subsequent revelation of the lawless one, Paul argues, is proof that the Day of the Lord had not begun as they had thought. This understanding of apostasia makes much more sense than the view that they are to be comforted (v. 2) because a defection from the faith must precede the Day of the Lord. The entire second chapter (as well as 1 Thessalonians 4:18; 5:11) serves to comfort (see vv. 2, 3, 17), supplied by a reassurance of Christ' s coming as taught in his first letter.[10]

Departure and The Restrainer

Since pretribulationists believe that the restrainer mentioned in verses 6 and 7 is the Holy Spirit and teaches a pre-trib rapture, then it should not be surprising to see that there is a similar progression of thought in the progression of verse 3. Allan MacRae, president of Faith Theological Seminary in a letter to Schuyler English has said the following concerning this matter:

I wonder if you have noticed the striking parallel between this verse and verses 7- 8, a little further down. According to your suggestion verse 3 mentions the departure of the church as coming first, and then tells of the revealing of the man of sin. In verses 7 and 8 we find the identical sequence. Verse 7 tells of the removal of the Church; verse 8 says: " And then shall that Wicked be revealed." Thus close examination of the passage shows an inner unity and coherence, if we take the word apostasia in its general sense of " departure," while a superficial examination would easily lead to an erroneous interpretation as " falling away" because of the proximity of the mention of the man of sin.[11]

Kenneth Wuest, a Greek scholar from Moody Bible Institute added the following contextual support to taking apostasia as a physical departure:

But then hee apostasia of which Paul is speaking, precedes the revelation of Antichrist in his true identity, and is to katechon that which holds back his revelation (2:6). The hee apostasia, therefore, cannot be either a general apostasy in Christendom which does precede the coming of Antichrist, nor can it be the particular apostasy which is the result of his activities in making himself the alone object of worship. Furthermore, that which holds back his revelation (vs. 3) is vitally connected with hoo katechoon (vs. 7), He who holds back the same event. The latter is, in my opinion, the Holy Spirit and His activities in the Church. All of which means that I am driven to the inescapable conclusion that the hee apostasia (vs. 3) refers to the Rapture of the Church which precedes the Day of the Lord, and holds back the revelation of the Man of Sin who ushers in the world-aspect of that period.[12]

Conclusion

The fact that apostasia most likely has the meaning of physical departure is a clear support for pretribulationism. If this is true, (Dr. Tim LaHaye and I believe that it is), then it means that a clear prophetic sequence is laid out by Paul early in his Apostolic ministry. Paul teaches in 2 Thessalonians 2 that the rapture will occur first, before the Day of the Lord commences. It is not until after the beginning of the Day of the Lord that the Antichrist is released, resulting in the events described by him in chapter 2 of 2 Thessalonians. This is the only interpretation that provides hope for a discomforted people. Maranatha!

Thank you, CG, again for posting JD's update. Thank you guys for posting the links for the "homework assignments" and the scriptures. That saves a lot of time.

RJC, at least JD says he will apologize if things don't happen the way he believes they will, according to the Bible. Will the people who are left behind after the Rapture hear an apology from you if JD and many others are right?

I pray that everyone who believes in Christ Jesus as their Savior will be supernaturally protected during the Tribulation, either by way of the Rapture or by God's seal on them.

This favorite song of mine keeps coming to mind while I'm listening to JD. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8_MA3bdODg
    By perseverance the snail reached the ark. ~~ Charles H. Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by imaginative View Post
    Yep

And the 2 homework scriptures...

1 Thessalonians 5:1-11

The Day of the Lord

5 Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers,[a] you have no need to have anything written to you. 2 For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. 5 For you are all children[b] of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. 6 So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. 9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-7

New International Version (NIV)
    The Man of Lawlessness

2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.
    Thanks imaginative,
    I looked through this thread and didn't see you had already posted the scriptures...
    need more coffee

Thank you! Lifted my spirit!!

23. If you have not yet done so, you owe it to yourself to read the heavily foot-noted Thomas Ice article JD referenced. Had heard this before from Chuck Missler but the physical documentation to chase and mull is excellent!

http://www.raptureready.com/featured...onians2_3.html

Thanks for posting that, Iboya!

this was posted on Five Doves today..... wow...

Thanks CG Tech for sharing the video. I really was blessed by the song.
    Ginger

CG Tech I have never heard that song before and it is so Beautiful! My heart feels so full of joy, thank you for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudding Hill Farm View Post
    CG Tech I have never heard that song before and it is so Beautiful! My heart feels so full of joy, thank you for sharing this.
    Try this version: Michael English with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir

Thank you CG for posting this video....really made my day and will give me strength for tomorrow.

{from informedchristians.com, formatting is better if you go to the source, posted at the bottom of the article}

Will Christ Return on The Feast of Trumpets?
    By Daniel Valles, 09/01/2013

Throughout Scripture, we find many important prophecies fulfilled on Jewish Biblical feast days. Looking back we see God's fulfillments in Passover, First Fruits (Christ's Resurrection), Pentecost, etc. Those were referred to as the Spring Feasts. The Fall Feasts appear to also line up as further fulfillment, with the next Feast event being the Feast of Trumpets and the prophetic event of the Rapture.

We will learn shortly why and how Christ can fulfill this prophetic event on this day when we do not know the day nor the hour; but, first, we need some background. Biblically, the Feast of Trumpets (also known as Rosh Hashanah or Yom Teruah) celebrates the Jewish New Year. The word means "Day of Blowing", referring to the shofar horn being blown one hundred times. There is a set pattern of different sounds that are repeated eleven times, with one single final blast referred to as the "Last Trump".

Rosh Hashanah is a unique celebration in that it is actually two days referred to as one day, and called Yoma Arichtah in Aramaic: "one long day". This is because (unlike all the other feasts) it is marked not by a day, date, or time - it is traditionally marked as when two witnesses reported to the Sanhedrin that the new moon had been spotted. What makes it impossible to assign a day or hour to this event (which the Jewish people were commanded to observe) is that the timing would be relative and different depending on where in the world you were. Although it was officially done at Jerusalem.

Historically, this is why it is celebrated over two days as one - when the sighting was made official in Jerusalem, fires on mountains would be lit to spread the word to far off areas and nations that it had officially started. However, if you were Jewish and were part of those who still lived in Babylon and other nations after the dispersion, then you might not find out till a whole day later! This is why the holiday is spread over two days. It was a common idiom in Christ's day to refer to Rosh Hashanah as not knowing what day it would be on, or what hour; but, you would still have a very close idea of the period of week by watching the signs in the moon phases.

Even in our modern times, we use common idioms to refer to time frames. For example, people generally refer to the time and events around December 25th - January 1st as "The Best Time of the Year." It is not a day-specific idiom, but everyone knows generally the season you are talking about. For some it's December 24th and 25th, others it the 25th only, and for others it might be 24th through 1st. Likewise, when Jesus referenced that no one would know the day or the hour, it would have rung some mental bells in His disciples' heads, since Rosh Hashanah was commonly known as "the feast where no one knew the day nor the hour".

One reason to strongly think that Christ was 'speaking their language' by referencing a common idiom is that He repeats this phrase with the two points of day and hour; He does not simply state that we will not know the day - that should have been enough if it was just going to be only random day of the year. The fact that He makes extra emphasis on a particular saying seems to be a 'Hint, Hint' to the timeframe (one of the Feast of Trumpets) yet at the same time without being able to give a specific chronological marker.

In the following verses, you will see several repeating idioms and illustrations overlapping. Let's examine the Scriptures and see if Christ was using what would be a common and familiar Jewish idiom when He spoke with His disciples:

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." - Matthew 24:36 The thought of "but my Father only [knows]" is also another Jewish idiom. It comes from the Jewish wedding tradition where the engaged groom would be working on his future place for his bride under the auspices of the groom's father - the one who arranged the marriage. The groom would not come for his bride until his father checked off that everything was ready at home. Hence, when people would ask the groom-to-be if he was ready, he would respond "only my father knows..." The groom may have a very close idea, though. (See also John 3:16, John 14:2-3).
    "Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh." - Matthew 25:13 Notice how He tells us to "Watch" right before He (supposedly) tells us we wouldn't know what to look for. If we replace the idiom (bolded) with the words "Feast of Trumpets" the verse takes on a whole new meaning - a double meaning, in which both are true. He is telling us to look for something, and gives them a strong hint of what it is.
    "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
    Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
    For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
    Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
    Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
    And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch." - Mark 13:32-37
    Again, references the Jewish wedding concept, and that we should be watching. Remember, in ancient times, the official word about the start of Rosh Hashanah was signaled by lighting signal fires. If you were not watching for them, you would miss or sleep through most of a feast day that you were commanded to observe!

Notice how He makes reference to the fact that His coming will literally be at different times of the day. People all around the world will be in different time zones and activities when He returns.

He warns against spiritual sleep, or apathy, and urgently commands us to watch. Watch for what? - the signs of His coming, and the time and season He repeated to His disciples.

"The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers." - Luke 12:46 Here He uses a variation of the idiom to emphasize that some will not be looking for Him, even though He told them to watch and be faithful stewards.
    For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
    Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
    But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
    For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
    For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." - I Thess. 4:16-18; 5:1-3
    It shouldn't surprise us that if Christ is coming back on the Feast of Trumpets (a day which also celebrates crowning God as King of the world, hence the round Challah bread used in Jewish observances) that God will also sound a trumpet. Yom Teru'ah (Rosh Hashanah) literally means "Day [of] blowing [the horn]".

Paul remarks (and clues us in) that he didn't need to rehearse all the Jewish seasons (festivals) because of his audience - they already knew the background and that Christ gave strong indication of when He would return.

The phrase "as a thief in the night" is another ancient Jewish idiom referencing how the captain of the Temple guard (some say the High Priest) would sneak around the Temple at night checking on the Levites who guarded the Temple to see if they were sleeping on the job. If he found one sleeping, he would use his torch and singh their garments. This captain of the guard had the common nickname of "Thief in the Night."

This is an important distinction because Christ's return will not surprise those who are watching for Him - only those who are spiritually asleep and apathetic will be surprised. The guards who were alert and watching were not ashamed or surprised at the coming of "the thief in the night."

"Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame." - Rev. 16:15 Again, Christ uses this familiar Jewish idiom in warning the churches. Some Christians will be caught unawares, and their garments will be spotted and wrinkled by living in sin and apathy. Their 'singed garments' will be an embarrassment to them on that day.
    "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. " - I Cor. 15:51-52
    The last blast of the shofar on Rosh Hashanah is referred to as the "Last Trump". Symbolically, the sound of the shofar is intended to awaken the listeners from their "slumbers" and alert them to the coming judgment. One day soon, the trump of God will sound as He comes for His Bride - but it will also signal the start of judgment of the nations of the world.

When we look at the Generations Timeline that Christ gave to His disciples, we can see that we have only a small handful of Feast of Trumpets left (reasonably only 3, but possibly max of 8 if stretching things. See our Timeline poster). Christ will return on one of them - will you be ready and watching, or will He come upon you like a thief in the night?

When is Rosh Hashanah in 2013?
    While the Julian Calendar marks it as starting on the evening of September 4th and going through Friday, technically (depending on where on planet Earth you are, and going by the confirmed appearance of the new moon) it will be more toward starting (in America) early Thursday morning and going through Saturday. See links below to find out more.

Are You Ready?
    Are your sins forgiven?
    If not, admit you are a sinner: "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." - Romans 3:23
    Believe the Christ can save you: "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23
    "That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:15-16
    Call on Him to save you: "...if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." - Romans 10:9

Have you been baptized? The ordinance of baptism is not required for salvation, but is an outward sign that you have been saved. Acts 8:36-38; 10:47; 18:8.
    Are your household affairs in order?
    Do your friends and family know your clear testimony and where you would be if Christ returned this Feast of Trumpets?
    Are you reconciled with your brothers and sisters (Matthew 5:24)?
    Is your house and life purged of uncleanness (2 Timothy 2:20-21; I John 3:3)?

Suggestions (only if you have the above settled first):
    If possible, request time off for Wednesday-Saturday so you can observe 'a religious holiday'.
    Clear your schedule as much as possible to avoid being distracted by matters that do not matter.
    Write up a note to those who will come looking for you IF Christ should come back THIS Feast of Trumpets.
    Have some instructions, keys, etc. out for those who may first come looking for you. Instructions and directions on how to best use what you've left behind or charitable use suggestions (with a clear presentation of the Gospel).
    If you have animals (pets, livestock, etc.), have clear instructions and supplies for others to be able to provide for them in your sudden absence (Proverbs 12:10, Proverbs 27:23).
    Have your house neat and clean - it will be part of your evidence and testimony when you are gone.
    Make the day leading up to Rosh Hashanah a time of celebration and anticipation. Have some traditional Jewish feast foods, but don't go overboard.
    Observe the Lord's Supper, whether as a church body or in family fellowship. Write out and share your testimony of what Christ has done in your life.

Please Keep in Mind:
    Rosh Hashanah, the Feast of Trumpets, is a celebration and a rehearsal. Christ's Return might not be this particular Feast of Trumpets, but we can still celebrate and commemorate it, and live in light that He may return this one. So in other words, don't do anything stupid, don't burn your bridges, and keep your attitude and heart right! Watch!

Maranatha!

Related Resources:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...&afl=-11&day=1
    http://www.about-torah.org/NewMoon/NewMoonCalendar.pdf
    http://www.almanac.com/moon/calendar...ingham/2013-09
    http://whenisthenewmoon.com/
    Rosh Hashanah

http://informedchristians.com/index....st-of-trumpets

If anyone is interested, here is a link to a message given a couple days ago by Amir Tsarfati from Israel who was brought in as a guest speaker to a church in Ft Lauderdale when the Syria thing heated up. Amir is very connected to Israel's military and considered an expert on Middle East culture and events.

The title of his message: The Burden Against Damascus

http://www.calvaryftl.org/calvary-bl...amascus-video/ (Sorry, I don't know how to post the video here).

It's about an hour long and the first 15 minutes or so is the Pastor introducing him and then talking with him about the situation in the Middle East, but after that Amir gets right to the message. His message, from a Christian Israeli perspective, is both enlightening and encouraging.

Here's one of my favorite Rapture / Second Coming songs:

"Put up thy sword into the sheath; the cup that the Father has given me, shall I not drink it?"

The only "change" I CAN believe in: I Corinthians 15: 51-52...

(nope, didn't work)

Quote Originally Posted by prepgirl44 View Post
    If anyone is interested, here is a link to a message given a couple days ago by Amir Tsarfati from Israel who was brought in as a guest speaker to a church in Ft Lauderdale when the Syria thing heated up. Amir is very connected to Israel's military and considered an expert on Middle East culture and events.

http://www.calvaryftl.org/calvary-bl...amascus-video/ (Sorry, I don't know how to post the video here).

It's about an hour long and the first 15 minutes or so is the Pastor introducing him and then talking with him about the situation in the Middle East, but after that Amir gets right to the message. His message, from a Christian Israeli perspective, is both enlightening and encouraging.
    Thanks for posting it i'll have a look at it this morning!

I watched the video and really enjoyed it. I would like to hear more talks from Amir, as I like his on the ground perspective. Thank you for posting it. I will listen to it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrymouse View Post
    Here's one of my favorite Rapture / Second Coming songs:

This is just beautiful!

I watched the video, it is powerful, so much so that it
    ENTIRELY CHANGED MY THINKING ABOUT U.S. INTERVENTION IN SYRIA!
    Thank you so much for that link, I am sharing it with friends.

Thank you for this video, prepgirl! It was awesome. My granddaughter told me the same thing that Amir said, when I took her to Israel a couple of years ago. When we got to Jerusalem, she said she felt like she had come home. Maranatha!
    By perseverance the snail reached the ark. ~~ Charles H. Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by RJC View Post
    Well he did a good job of summarizing the press clipping concerning the Obama fiasco with Syria. And glad to see he will ask forgiveness when his interpretation of the events prove him wrong.

Ezekiel 38 is not understood by JD but its timing is sorely abused for it is and has been in play for some time. He just does not understand who Gog is or who Israel is. Why does he not carry the prophecy to its proper conclusion which is the timing of Ezekiel 39, which in turn occurs during the tribulation era? His other reoccurring error is the proposition that there is 7 years tribulation era (Daniel 9). Most of the prophecies he cites apply as to their finale within the tribulation era and very near to the end of it.

It is understandable that to support the pre-tribulation rapture dogma one needs for these prophecies to occur before the tribulation era. The era by the way begins 1335 days before the millennial reign of Christ (Daniel 12). The major part of all the so-called pre trib prophecies have fulfillment within the tribulation era and Ezekiel 39 does also with 38 being more of a descriptive proclamation of Gog and his historic condition.

JD makes a convincing presentation and I hope when his pre trib proclamations fail he will seek to properly understand the time of the end prophecies.
    Personally, I'm leaning more towards a pre-wrath rapture than a pre-trib one. The post-trib position is untenable for a number of reasons and I no longer even entertain the possibility.

What y'all think of pre-wrath vs pre-trib rapture?
    BRAINDEAD ALERT: Watch for rants by members who dont bother to read / watch OP links but know it all. Easily identified by post times and handled by IGNORE.

39. My opinion, is that Pre Wrath is Pre Trib. The very first seals opened by Jesus right at the beginning mean 1. War, Plague, Famine. Look at 3: Food shortage, Famine, More death. by Seal four we have a full quarter (2 Billion) people on the world dying. That is in the first half, before we even get to the Trumpet and Bowl Judgments.

So yes, I'm Pre-Wrath and I think the only "Pre-Wrath" is BEFORE Daniel's 70th Week (less maybe a week or two).
    Last edited by Giskard; 09-03-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevelator View Post
    Personally, I'm leaning more towards a pre-wrath rapture than a pre-trib one. The post-trib position is untenable for a number of reasons and I no longer even entertain the possibility.

What y'all think of pre-wrath vs pre-trib rapture?
    I agree with your understanding. I cannot see a pre-trib rapture as the catching away is at the last trump..... and seems to be separating the Church from those who are to be judged. But it happens AFTER the dead are resurrected. It is always a point of contention here and sometimes in these threads beause Faraq preaches a pre-trib rapture pretty strong at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    My opinion, is that Pre Wrath is Pre Trib. The very first seals opened by Jesus right at the beginning mean 1. War, Plague, Famine. Look at 3: Food shortage, Famine, More death. by Seal for we have a full quarter (2 Billion) people on the world dying. That is in the first half, before we even get to the Trumpet and Bowl Judgments.

So yes, I'm Pre-Wrath and I think the only "Pre-Wrath" is BEFORE Daniel's 70th Week (less maybe a week or two).
    You cannot say that pre-wrath is pre-trib if on principle alone. The Church has been experienceing tribulation since its start. The "great tribulation" is the last 3.5 years of the final week. The great tribulation is the last mercies of God before judgment's wrath hits. How do I know this is the mercies of YHWH?

Rev 16:8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
    Rev 16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

This is the last chance for men to repent. It is the last sign that this world is passing. It is the last offering to break the bonds between man and death.

I also had a dream of the last day. It was a calm day and not cold in northern CT. My family and I were expecting it and not surprised at all. I looked out the front door and saw a man floating down the road .... above the road. I called back to my family and they marched out the front door, stepping off and not touching the ground. I followed. We went down to the road as the man I saw heading southward as if flying in a channel.

I looked up and around. No leaves on the trees. It was either not summer or the leaves were burned off or both. The sky had a moderate hue of red. It was not close-in clouds because I could see many miles up in the sky where we were now heading to a tiny spot. Into that spot were streams of tiny dots flowing.

Now was this a real picture or just a fantasy? I cannot say for certain. If the sky turns red, you can expect we are near that day. On that day, do not be ashamed and do not have doubts.