Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT Bank of America on-line banking down
+ Reply to Thread

Bank of America on-line banking down

Over the weekend I tried to get onto BOA to check some credit card purchases and got a message saying service was temporarily unavailable. Just tried again and got the same message. Called Capital One a couple days ago and although the guy answered the phone, he said their system was down so he couldn't access my account. The system is coming unglued, it would seem!
    Visit my weight loss marketing page http://redorman.le-vel.com/

That would explain why my card was rejected 2 times this morning. Good to know it is not just my card, or my account.
    If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Well lets see if we can get more members to post from different parts of the country and see how widespread this is.

Not just here.

Kim Dotcom pleads with hackers to halt attacks on New Zealand's National Party websites
    - @ONENewsNZ

5 mins ago from tvnz.co.nz by editor

http://tvnz.co.nz/politics-news/dotc...kedown-5522117
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Well knock on wood *taps head*, none of my banks/CUs are having problems as of the time of my post.
    USAA, working.
    Navy Federal CU, working.
    PenFed CU, working.
    American Express, working.
    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
    the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission;
    which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.
    -Ayn Rand

CapOne was down yesterday, up and running today. I also checked Saturday on CapOne and it was up but log in was very difficult. Worried about my information being hacked that is why I am checking on a regular bases. Don't use it much but it is good to go for a quick road trip.

On BOA multiple times a day - haven't noticed any problems at all this last week.

no problems here either.

Been all over heck and back to banks today for various reasons ... no problems on physical site or on computer site. This includes multiple times getting onto BofA, Chase, Regions, SunTrust, Bank of Tampa, First Citrus, Suncoast CU, and a couple of others to clear checks coming in from tenants.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isnít it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?Ē - Kelvin R. Throop III

Worked in IT for banking/brokerage for many years....

A favorite window for heavy system maintenance is Saturday afternoon (late) into Sunday.....

U.S. Cellular payment system was up & down all weekend. I waited until the last minute to pay on my prepaid. (I know!!!...) Went to one U.S. Cellular office (Friday afternoon) and the line was out the door with a waiting list. This does NOT happen in my town! So I went to Walmart to buy a card instead, and they were out of cards, they said because the system would be down until Monday. Saturday I went back to the office, still a line but not as bad; I was able to make the payment, but instead of the usual minute or so for my time to be credited, it took a couple of hours to work again. While I was there a lady was freaking out because she'd been trying for 3 days to transfer a number to a new phone. The girl was trying to explain to her that they were working on it, they had it set so any time the system went up again it would do the next step in the process. She obviously had no clue what that meant, and kept saying ominously, "When they call to ask me, I'm going to tell them what happened." The girl was very sweet, saying quietly, "I think they already know..."

Anyway, these things happen, but even without malice, when things get worse they will happen more and we have to be prepared. I'm going to buy a card ahead instead of waiting...duh!...we're always down to the wire but I'll carve it out of somewhere for convenience. And redundancy...I just posted on FB so our kids knew to call their dad if they wanted me; he has TracFone, good to have different companies (normally he doesn't want anyone calling him, he's so frugal with his minutes...LOL!). We also have a landline, though when we move we're getting rid of that. We need to get going on CB or something.... We need to prepare as if it WILL go down at any moment, and not get complacent. I *know* that, but get so busy with life I forget. As someone said today, "My life is a run-on sentence."

ETA: I just remembered, talking about switching numbers...dh tried to switch his number to a new Tracfone a couple of weeks ago. His old one is literally wearing out...has been run over a couple of times, and is getting wonky about working. Normally switching is pretty easy, but we had I think 6 loooooong phone calls with them, even got a supervisor! Not that it's really any more helpful... It ended up that he now has two phones, each with a different number and EACH with ALL of his accumulated minutes. We tried to explain that to them, but to no avail. It dawned on us that, although annoying and who knows which number will eventually end up not working, it's not so bad to have tons of free minutes! He rarely uses his phone anyway, so changing his number isn't a huge deal for him. It would be very huge for me, as it's also our business phone. I need to make sure I don't drop mine under the car! Again, never count on anything working or being easy.....
    Last edited by bluelady; 07-29-2013 at 10:59 PM.

got into BOA just fine.

I was on BofA a few times this weekend, it's fine. Today too.

My BofA account in Kali worked fine a few seconds ago. It worked normally for me for the last five days, no problems noted. At least nothing I can attribute to that post about Sheila Jackson Kookburger Lee.

Henry in 29 Palms

this is my credit card account with BOA, not savings or checking. I still just now got
    "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. For immediate assistance with your banking needs, please call 800.933.6262. " IT recognized my login and password, but I can't access my statements. Guess I'll have to call them.
    Visit my weight loss marketing page http://redorman.le-vel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by twincougars View Post
    this is my credit card account with BOA, not savings or checking. I still just now got
    "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. For immediate assistance with your banking needs, please call 800.933.6262. " IT recognized my login and password, but I can't access my statements. Guess I'll have to call them.
    You can access all BofA accounts from the same page ... like a combined bank statement. This includes mortgage accounts and lines of credit. Chase is the same way as is Regions, SunTrust, and both local banks we deal with. Suncoast Credit Union is as well though their services are more narrow.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isnít it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?Ē - Kelvin R. Throop III