Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CRIME Help! Psycho Neighbor Destroying My Property: How to STOP ?!?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Kriya Yogi dwelling in enchanted land of Cascadia
    I am not going to plant anything illegal on his property or burn it down.

His sewer line runs illegally under my house. I could hire a plumber to cut it, would have to do it without him knowing in advance because he'd flush a bomb down the toilet.

The house itself he is renting to some harmless ppl who run a daycare. There's an old ugly tin shop he uses for his construction biz. You've never heard so much noise. He is a very angry man who bangs around loudly.

No it is not crazy. Yes it is pre-meditated. This is what a person does who for years has called the police and obeyed the laws. This man keeps destroying my property. I have to stop him. I have to find out HOW to stop him.

Leska, I hate to say this, but after reading your posts on this thread, it's MHO that you are, and have been, far too passive with this guy over the years. He now thinks that he owns you (and in a very real sense he does). Getting this addressed now is going to be miserable. I really hate to say it, but to a certain extent at least, you've allowed this to go on without taking aggressive enough action. Good luck. You're going to need it unfortunately.

take videos and post them on youtube, let all the neighbors know, send them to the local LEOs

if that doesn't work, taser followed by jumper cables and shock therapy.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The Second Coming by WB Yeats

Dennis what would you do?

I gotta go with Dennis ad Scotto o this.

Besides what Scotto said a shotgun.

Courts, restraining orders and all? Unless they put him i jail for at least the duration the he is free to do whatever as long as he does not get caught.

Screw that.

I don't need a Catch-phrase. I'm Satanta. A Catch-phrase needs me.

"It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

http://chronart.wix.com/chronart

Quote Originally Posted by Cascadians View Post
    The police suggested a mediator a few years ago. The problem with mediation or settlement is that this man is incapable of giving promises or keeping them. He is unable to speak anything true. He's a weird slippery creepy excuse-ridden devious harmful monster.

He is incapable of following the law. Or any agreement. He must be capable of something though because he works and runs his own construction biz out of his shop next to my house, illegally (against code). How he finishes any job or gets paid I cannot imagine. For instance he used a bulldozer and dug a huge trench is his yard to channel the water right into my front door. Did not use a locator. Broke the sewer water and gas lines. He's an idiot but full of cocky self confidence.
    Call the city and get code enforcement after him. I can't believe the cops won't do anything. Especially if you have video documentation.
    In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people. Source – The Declaration of Independence

OK, media, sheriff, state police, will do all. The neighbors are incensed about this and contacting a neighbor he has harmed to help us put up a surveillance system. Considering the do-nothing police, even if I have videos of him destroying my property (which I already have), they will do nothing.

Take your megaphone/loud speaker and wire it up on your property within 10 feet of the property line and start "preaching" with all your might, give a real good come to Jesus sermon and do it as often as is necessary to bring this man around. He needs to hear about Jesus NOW and to hear it as loud as you can make it and as often as you can make it. Make sure your neighbors know that you've turned to preaching so they won't turn you in.
    The people of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. Abraham Lincoln, 1859

Code Enforcement is on intimate terms with this man, since he is constantly turning all the neighbors in for bogus complaints. I think Code Enforcement is in love with him.

I think suing the City will help if I'm going to spring the big bucks (again) for a lawyer. The City Code Enforcement and police have been worthless.

Depends. First thing though, is that I'd photocopy all my pics and documentation. At least a dozen copies. Then I'd go IN PERSON to each of the TV stations and ask to see the news director, and present my story and documentation. Then, I'd take a set to the Clackamas county and OregoN City district attorney offices, letting them know that I was in the process of contacting the media, and that law enforcement has refused over the course of many years to arrest the person for vandalizing your property and threatening your life.

Or, I wouldn't do any of that, and instead would firebomb his house. Repeatedly if necessary. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Gercarson View Post
    Take your megaphone/loud speaker and wire it up on your property within 10 feet of the property line and start "preaching" with all your might, give a real good come to Jesus sermon and do it as often as is necessary to bring this man around. He needs to hear about Jesus NOW and to hear it as loud as you can make it and as often as you can make it. Make sure your neighbors know that you've turned to preaching so they won't turn you in.
    Yeah, ok.

Or sed him to meet Jesus on a one-on-one basis.

I don't need a Catch-phrase. I'm Satanta. A Catch-phrase needs me.

"It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

http://chronart.wix.com/chronart

Quote Originally Posted by Gercarson View Post
    Yeah, that will really make him mad

OK I can do all that. Won't be firebombing anything. Never did believe in destroying property or life. That's sort of the point Unfortunately since he is insane and enjoys killing things I think the only way to STOP him from destroying my property is if he cannot move his limbs. He has out of control impulse to kill things.

Have called the police many times. They don't do anything. They say it is a civil matter and grey area. No it is not. It is well documented destruction of my property. So far over $30,000. With detailed receipts.
    Oregon Statutes say Criminal Mischief is a felony but you need to be able to prove the property that was damaged had a value in excess of $1,000.

http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/164.html

164.365 Criminal mischief in the first degree. (1) A person commits the crime of criminal mischief in the first degree who, with intent to damage property, and having no right to do so nor reasonable ground to believe that the person has such right:

(a) Damages or destroys property of another:

(A) In an amount exceeding $1,000;

(B) By means of an explosive;

(C) By starting a fire in an institution while the person is committed to and
    confined in the institution;

(D) Which is a livestock animal as defined in ORS 164.055;

(E) Which is the property of a public utility, telecommunications carrier, railroad, public transportation facility or medical facility used in direct service to the public; or

(F) By intentionally interfering with, obstructing or adulterating in any manner the service of a public utility, telecommunications carrier, railroad, public transportation facility or medical facility; or

(b) Intentionally uses, manipulates, arranges or rearranges the property of a public utility, telecommunications carrier, railroad, public transportation facility or medical facility used in direct service to the public so as to interfere with its efficiency.

(2) As used in subsection (1) of this section:

(a) “Institution” includes state and local correctional facilities, mental health facilities, juvenile detention facilities and state training schools.

(b) “Medical facility” means a health care facility as defined in ORS 442.015, a licensed physician’s office or anywhere a licensed medical practitioner provides health care services.

(c) “Public utility” has the meaning provided for that term in ORS 757.005 and includes any cooperative, people’s utility district or other municipal corporation providing an electric, gas, water or other utility service.

(d) “Railroad” has the meaning provided for that term in ORS 824.020.

(e) “Public transportation facility” means any property, structure or equipment used for or in connection with the transportation of persons for hire by rail, air or bus, including any railroad cars, buses or airplanes used to carry out such transportation.

(3) Criminal mischief in the first degree is a Class C felony.

The police suggested a mediator a few years ago. The problem with mediation or settlement is that this man is incapable of giving promises or keeping them. He is unable to speak anything true. He's a weird slippery creepy excuse-ridden devious harmful monster.

He is incapable of following the law. Or any agreement. He must be capable of something though because he works and runs his own construction biz out of his shop next to my house, illegally (against code). How he finishes any job or gets paid I cannot imagine. For instance he used a bulldozer and dug a huge trench is his yard to channel the water right into my front door. Did not use a locator. Broke the sewer water and gas lines. He's an idiot but full of cocky self confidence.
    Read this: http://realestate.findlaw.com/neighb...-disputes.html

Maybe you can come after him with this.

GGK
    "You want your bubbles in your champagne glass , not in your portfolio. "
    THE DAILY PFENING

Thank you Sasquatch! Does that apply to an individual's private property or just public .gov property? A little confused reading it.

Criminal mischief applies to any property. You're old enough not to be this naive Leska. What's the deal? Just curious.

Never investigated this with serious intent yet, but am now. Thought police would take care of it. Thought barrier would be enough. Suppose I am naive. Would help if somebody would say exactly what type and how much force I can use while he's destroying my property. He is standing on his property while doing it. Policeman today did say I could use a stun baton, but not a gun.

But I want to read the actual laws for myself. The exact words. The police have been so lazy I do not trust them.

Thank you Scotto, I will do all this.
    If you do get video evidence and post it to youtube, send me a link to those videos, I will post them in justice section in reddit - if I can get it to go viral he will have thousands of people screaming for something to be done.

Unfortunately you may need to fight fire with fire. If you are prepared to go days or weeks with chaos, play the same game back at him. You probably know the freaks schedule, mess with it. Do the same kind of shit to them or worse. Figure ways to get under their skin and make them afraid of you. The creep is walking on the edge of the law and knows it, you should do the same to them.

Get devious. I don't know of any other ways. I've had to deal with a similar plague on society. They are welfare leeches usually. They have no life and make it there job to torment their neighbors. It's nothing personal with them as you probably have guessed. Sociopathic is the diagnosis. They will focus on anybody, if you were to move, the person that moved in would be tormented as you have been.

Maybe a nice big dose of LSD in their milk delivery?

I've reached a point in my life of intolerance of this sort of thing. I would probably do some pretty sick shit to the guy. It's taken every fiber in my being to not exact revenge on the people who did that kind of stuff to me in the past. If it gets that drastic, leave no evidence. I'm not saying kill them but maybe something just short of it that ties in with their mental illness, something the police would never believe because they are probably just as tired of the freak as you are or at least close. Think about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Recognize that you might be a prime suspect in any investigation, so have a IRON CLAD ALIBI.
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
    --John F. Kennedy

How can you get under a deranged mans skin , especially if you are a woman

I already have videos and pictures. And witnesses. All the neighbors detest this lunatic. He is constantly turning somebody in to code enforcement for bogus reasons.

We will have to put up a surveillance system.

Can I kill him to stop him? I fear nothing short of that will make him stop. He gets off on hurting things.

Can't you defend property? Isn't your home your castle?
    Worst statement you could have ever made online. It may one day come back to haunt you.
    If I were you I would delete it or change it immediately.

You sound all emotional, more so than any post I can remember you making. If this has been going on for 7 or 8 years, something must have happened just recently to cause you to get so emotional and irrational.
    If you have called the police and they have responded to your location several times in the past and nothing happened to the guy, then you are probably the one the police think is unstable. That's a bad thing, for you. I hope you didn't ask the cops if you could "kill him to stop him" They would for sure put that in their filed report.

You need to get your emotions under control. Any action you take while emotional will almost always be wrong.
    I am sorry you have been going through this situation for so long.
    I can't imagine you and another woman alone in your home with no means to defend yourself. I would at least have a shotgun available at all times. You can not ever use it unless you are in fear for your life or your friends life. I am sure Oregon (I think someone said that is where you live) will NOT let you use a firearm to defend your property such as a fence, your car or even your dog. Be careful you don't let your emotions cause you to make a mistake with a firearm you will regret for the rest of your life.
    Also as Dennis warned, I would be very careful with your dog around your property line.

Finally, again, I have never seen you so emotional with a post before. Something, some one incident must have triggered this emotional plea. Something more serious that what has been happening for the last 6 or 7 years.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence
    "We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are." - The Talmud

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDog View Post
    If the local police won't do anything, contact either the county sheriff or the state police. Bet if nothing else, the state police won't take it so lightly.
    This! I'm in Oregon too. When I have a dispute with the neighbors, I call the state police. They don't put up with the crap the the local guys will. T

If all else fails, bring your videos and pictures to one of the local tv stations. They seem to be doing lots of local interest stuff that sounds similar to your issues.

Time to get some Bear traps or rabbit traps, just tell the cops, who failed you anyway, you were having problems with animals destroying your property and feared for your Dogs life and yours
    Make sure there are no Children etc around, last thing you want is to hurt an innocent
    Make his life hell, go on the offensive, be smart, leave no traces it was you, he should be in an institute by yhe sounds of it, call the media and expose the lack of support from Cops and your local members
    Good luck

Traps on your property, there yours, . Bad deal if he gets in them..How are you going to keep your dogs out of them

Didn't you say his sewage lines run UNDER your house? I would think there is something wrong with that. None of his lines should run on your property unless there is an easement. Could you call the city sanitation department and get someone there to check into that? Might begin to make his life a misery if he has to relocate his pipes, etc. Of course, it would be your fault. But it would be a beginning.

I also agree that you should get the State Police involved. They are less apt to buy into the "local boys' club" and would probably put a stop to his shenanigans.
    You cannot do all of the good the world needs, but the world needs all of the good you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by kua View Post
    Didn't you say his sewage lines run UNDER your house? I would think there is something wrong with that. None of his lines should run on your property unless there is an easement. Could you call the city sanitation department and get someone there to check into that? Might begin to make his life a misery if he has to relocate his pipes, etc. Of course, it would be your fault. But it would be a beginning.

I also agree that you should get the State Police involved. They are less apt to buy into the "local boys' club" and would probably put a stop to his shenanigans.
    +1000 -- that's where I would start
    there has been some good advice on here but there has been some bad ones that would get you in trouble

30. Document, document, document.

File police report after police report and report his behavior to the state department of mental health or whatever it's called in your state.

Put up cameras, put up a privacy fence behind the chainlink fence or grow some that gets big and is thorny. Finally, get a big dog. Be sure to train the dog to not eat from strangers and to dislike your neighbor.

Sooner or later, he'll do something stupid that will either get him arrested or sent for observation. If he destroys your property, file a lawsuit. If he goes full batshit crazy and either burns down your fence and thorny plants (arson), or attacks you or a family member, defend yourself to the upmost.

Personally, I'd probably try to move.

Rage, she already put up a privacy fence. Nutjob is tearing down. She has a big dog, a HUGE one, but it's not a breed that is know for being overly protective.

32. Quote Originally Posted by Cascadians View Post
    I already have videos and pictures. And witnesses. All the neighbors detest this lunatic. He is constantly turning somebody in to code enforcement for bogus reasons.

We will have to put up a surveillance system.

Can I kill him to stop him? I fear nothing short of that will make him stop. He gets off on hurting things.

Can't you defend property? Isn't your home your castle?
    Contact a local TV station and see if they are willing to do a story on your predicament. Our local news would most likely be all over this as a human interest story.

Best of luck

Leska, if I lived closer I would help you.
    I can't imagine that happening to my sister, nieces or god forbid , my mother ,without action being taken
    I don't like bullies against children or women

First get a shotgun, JUST in case. If this psycho kicks in your door one day, its open season on crazy. Couple boxes of 00 Buckshot would stop that in a hurry.

Second, get a video camera and tape it all, Heck, if you buy an IP camera that can stream to the web, I WILL PERSONALLY host the website for you and we will stream him live on the net lol

Last get a huge (fire extinguisher size) can of bear spray, when he starts his crap, spray away.

Just some fun ideas.
    Please stop calling me a "cracker." The correct term in "Saltine-American."

Ooh, bear spray. I didn't even think of that. Make sure you video him attacking your property, the spray him. That'll take the fight outta the bastard...

Sounds like getting the State Police involved is your logical next step, even if a courtesy call in plan sight for a consultation visit. Have them walk around and look at things with you. Take your "documentation" (or some old paper work that looks like documentation) and while they are walking around keep opening it showing them and then pointing in his general direction. A bit of theater to impress. But also a record in their files, and make sure you keep their files FULL and current. Follow their suggestions.

I know some here post suggesting being confrontational with the perp, even fighting back, but to tell the truth one of the things he may be trying to do is get you to lose control of yourself and do damage to his property, and then turn around and make your life a living hell in court. Don't fall for it.

I had a neighbor who was like this. He was manic depressive and paranoid as far as I could tell and usually did not take his medications. After his wife died he killed himself within two years. During the two years he was a raving lunatic if left alone. Police would arrive and he would be "normal" in front of them. Then when they left he'd let it all loose again. Beating on old trucks with hammers, wrenches. Going ape shit on equipment that did not work for him. Similar to your neighbor he was also self employed in paving and would repeatedly run the business into the ground. When he wanted something from you he would be "under control". There was a long history and family trait to these mental instabilities on the male side.

Sounds like you need to hire "The Equalizer"...... Remember that TV show from years ago??????

There ought to be someone who would "take care" of the situation...especially with so many neighbors involved..................

Unfortunately the woods and hills can be a place where out of control individuals can hide their problems, and not be so visible to LE. Its an occupational hazard of living in the wilds, IMO.

In this woods here, I can count more than a hand full of off kilter individuals who have done a few things worthy of attention: suicide after mental health "episodes", running around at night with a rifle shooting things/houses while drunk then stand off with LE at their house, repeated theft by one "family", etc.

Can relate with your situation. Not pleasant at all.

His sewer line runs illegally under my house.
    Hoo boy I'd have so much fun with this. If you'd get someone to do it right, you could back his own sewage up and flood the living hell out of his house with it. Do it late on xmas eve to where he'd have to call plumbers and they'd gouge the hell out of him to come out. After you flood, you'd open valves up and let it go thru so the plumbers wouldn't find anything. Then let it build up, wait for him to leave and fill his damn house up until it was coming out his front door to meet him when he got home. Then laugh like a maniac with your megaphone pointed at him and THEN turn on the camcorder.

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    Contact a local TV station and see if they are willing to do a story on your predicament. Our local news would most likely be all over this as a human interest story.
    This is what the cops need to hear before you do it and I'll bet they get on it to avoid embarrassment.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I, YHWH, change not." ~ our Creator
    "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." ~ Albert Einstein

Thank you Sasquatch! Does that apply to an individual's private property or just public .gov property? A little confused reading it.
    The Statute applies to private property and the public property as described.

But I want to read the actual laws for myself. The exact words. The police have been so lazy I do not trust them.
    The link above is the Oregon Revised Statutes although it may have some recent revisions.