Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WTF?!? THE PURGE WELCOME TO THE NEW AMERICA [[spoiler]]
+ Reply to Thread

8 THE PURGE WELCOME TO THE NEW AMERICA [[spoiler]]

ADMIN NOTE: This is the whole plot and storyline to a new movie-if you plan to see it do not read past here. As many of us have done. Satanta.]]

I was watching tv and this trailer comes on for a new movie.
    Then I get this E-mail from a friend who just saw the movie. He advised me it is very disturbing and he could see this coming.

In 2022 the United States has become "a nation reborn", with crime and unemployment rates hitting an all-time low. To allow the venting of negative emotions, the government has instated a 12 hour period called 'The Purge', during which almost all crime (including murder) is legal and emergency services are suspended. The Sandin family plans to spend the night safely secured in their home, but the presence of a stranger may alter their plans.

In the year 2022, the United States has been taken over by a series of multi-national corprorations, who in order to keep the population under control, have instituted the "Purge": a once a year, 12 hour period when all criminal activity, including murder and rape, becomes legal (except harming "Level 10 Government Officials" or using an above "Class 4 Weapon"). During this time, police and hospitals suspend all assistance services. Annually known as "The Purge", it is designed to serve as a catharsis for people, giving them a chance to vent all negative emotions however they desire. The result is a now prosperous America with 1% unemployment and little to no crime, due to the once a year "release" that citizens are allowed, in which to vent their dark impulses.

James Sandin (Ethan Hawke) is a wealthy home security developer who has made a fortune exploiting fear of the purge, by selling security systems that turn homes into impenetrable fortresses. While rushing home, to securing his family in their home for the twelve hours of the purge, Sandin misses the deadline for the start of the purge, resulting in him having to kill a man who attacks him. The man, as he lays dying, confesses that he has a terminal illness that his insurance would not pay to get treatment for and deliberately attack Sandin to be killed, so his family would get the insurance money, as insurance companies pay double if you are killed during the purge.

At home, Mary Sadin (Lena Headey) struggles with her two children: teenage Zoey, who is dating a boy named Henry (Tony Oller)) her parents do not approve of, and Charlie (Max Burkholder), who has autism and has been homeschooled by Mary and has little knowledge of the outside world and the purge. When Sadin arrives home, he begins the process to lock down the house only to find his daughter's boyfriend having snuck into the house. Coming from a poor family, he claims to seek protecting from the purge and is reluctantly allowed to stay. However, before the lockdown is complete, a bloodied and beaten stranger (Edwin Hodge) comes to the house and begs to be given sanctuary. Though his parents refuse to give him entry as final lockdown begins, Charlie guides him into the house via a side entrance, locking him in with the family and Henry.

As the night falls, it is revealed that Henry and Zoey plan on using the Purge to kill Zoey's family so they can be together and inherit her father's money. Meanwhile the bloodied stranger reveals that he is being chased by a group of locals, who wear masks to hide their faces from their victims so as to avoid retaliation attacks from their victims in the following years purges. The masked strangers attack the Sadin house, demanding their victim be handed over to them. Meanwhile, Zoey having gotten cold feet on the plan to kill her family, convinces Henry to let her shut down the security system to bring the group of killers outside that are outside, inside to do their dirty work for them.

James Sadin, realizing that his son finds the purge to be horrific and begs his father to not send the bloodied stranger, refuses to comply to the leader (Rhys Wakefield) of the group's demand, even after he reveals his identity to James as his fellow golf buddy from the local country club. However, Zoey disables the security system, allowing the killers inside. However Zoey and Henry's plan fails as Henry is killed by the group and the Sadins and the stranger are forced into a siege defense of the house, culminating in them killing the intruder. During the fight, the bloodied stranger ultimately sacrifices his life to save Charlie from the head of the group, who is ultimately killed by James by way of brutally beating him to deal with a baseball bat.

In the end, the twelve hour period of the purge comes to an end as the family removes the corpses of their attackers from the house. Zoey, who hid in a closet after the attack begand and her boyfriend killed, is seen weeping over her boyfriend's body as Mary realizes that her daughter let the killers in the house and wanted her family dead. Confronting her, Mary murders her daughter as she confesses to her plot to kill her family and then tells her family that the invading killers did the deed instead.

That was horrible and I won't be going to see it.

..where the deer and the antelope pray.. lol
    a major spoiler alert should be in title.. you practically gave away the movie.. thanks lol

You scored 73% which means you are 73% conservative. You believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.

"If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Quote Originally Posted by kemosabe View Post
    a major spoiler alert should be in title.. you practically gave away the movie.. thanks lol
    Understatement of the year!!!

5. This movie is another sign of advanced cultural decay.

Lee

Definitely going to wait for DVD now.
    The liberal mind is a no logic zone.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Booga! Booga! Booga! Booga! - Dennis Olson on the dangers of EMP

This "movie" should never have been made.
    We are getting more and more supposed "entertainment" proceeding from the minds of the MENTALLY ILL.

IF you think this is mere creative license, to make such a horrific nightmare of a movie, do you think they would ALLOW an equally bloody movie to be made that showed a future where violently removing blacks and or Muslims from society and the movie portrayed that doing so really DID SOLVE the threat of an Islamic takeover, jihad terrorism and black crime and race attacks on whites? HELL NO. Hollywood and the authorities would NOT PERMIT such a movie to be made or shown to the public. "Artistic license" would not be tolerated AT ALL to make such a movie.
    [B]HERE IS A DECISION THAT COULD LEAVE YOU, AND YOUR LOVED ONES BOTH
    "Dead" (and) Wrong: IF YOU DECIDE "Better NO treatment, than Colloidal Silver treatment for Ebola!, you are most likely dead."

Sounds disgusting, think I'll pass.
    Article 1, Section 24. Right to bear arms.
    The right of citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the state shall not be denied.

Twelve hours once a year is too short a time frame, and therefore too easy to avoid - most anyone can bunker down for 12 hours and therefore avoid potential problems during a limited time 'all bets are off' period.

A senior SF NCO I used to work with a couple of decades ago had a better plan. He proposed that every responsible citizen (adult, non-felon, taxpaying) receive two one-time-use 'get out of jail free' cards every year, on their birthday. These cards would only be valid only for one year from date of issue, non-transferable to anyone else, and would let the holder walk away from any individual deed he or she did scot free, no one or nothing off limits.

He always thought the first year of such a program would be REALLY interesting, and after that things would quickly become MUCH more polite throughout society.
    "All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arises not from deficits in the Constitution or Confederation , nor from want of honor and virtue, so much as downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation." -- John Adams
    "The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks." -- Lord Acton

Geez - is this a complete ripoff of Star Trek - ? Anyone remember Landru? The Red Hour?

(Then you are NOT of the body!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Return_of_the_Archons

Without reading the OP and knowing the general gist of the plot I would have to say it's definitely TPTB trying to give the usual gibsmedats ideas for the summer. What those low lifes don't know is if this were to happen for real it would be open season on THEM and not the other way around, they are FAR out numbered and outgunned. After the gibsmedats the illegal immigrants would be targeted next. I seriously doubt that white Americans would even get around to killing each other when they have such a target rich environment of those who SHOULD be purged.

Again I didn't read the spoiler post, I might go see it in the theater, I will definitely be getting it on DVD if I don't go fork out the money. I would rather go see WW Z in the theater anyway.
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
    --John F. Kennedy

Hum, and Ive always lamanted the fact that "affairs of honor" at dawn had been outlawed.
    Bunch of ass holes alive today that are just wasting air IMHO

Once a movie hits the screen, the entirety of the plot, scene by scene, is available on Wikipedia for anyone to read.

2nd Peter 1:19 - We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts

Don't worry, when this phony economy collapses, we will be seeing this on our streets......and there won't be a 12 hour time limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kook View Post
    Once a movie hits the screen, the entirety of the plot, scene by scene, is available on Wikipedia for anyone to read.
    True but for what I recall eve Wiki puts a spoiler alert at the top.

I don't plan on seeing the movie as the premis is pretty lame and unworkable but I'd have bee pissed if I started readig to realize it was a movie I actually wanted to see.

Not that I and others have no screwed the pooch doing that as well.

I don't need a Catch-phrase. I'm Satanta. A Catch-phrase needs me.

"It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

http://chronart.wix.com/chronart

I'm soooooooooooooooooooo sorry!!!! I wasn't thinking when I posted his e-mail. I should have edited. We got into a hot and heavy conversation about the movie. He advised don't waste the money will be out on DVD sooner than later.

Once again I apoligize.

Quote Originally Posted by umhurricane View Post
    I'm soooooooooooooooooooo sorry!!!! I wasn't thinking when I posted his e-mail. I should have edited. We got into a hot and heavy conversation about the movie. He advised don't waste the money will be out on DVD sooner than later.

Once again I apoligize.
    Like I said-a lot of us have donne that.

I don't need a Catch-phrase. I'm Satanta. A Catch-phrase needs me.

"It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

http://chronart.wix.com/chronart

Oh why, oh why, oh why can't we have a "purge" law enacted ASAP!?

I have a very, very long list of things that need to be done.
    "The evil genius always wins"

I don't know what movie the OP watched but they were off on several points of the plot. Zoey and BF were NOT planning to kill the father, it was the boy who let the stranger in...never mind there are too many complete inaccuracies in their account of the movie, maybe they were drunk when they watched it...

Anyway, I just watched it tonight and wish I had the 1.5 hours back in my life. It was a good plot idea but the typical liberal Hollywood turds blew it again. The lead character "security expert" was probably the worst "expert" I've ever seen. It played out exactly how a rich liberal family would act in that situation thinking they could buy their way out with a nice (but completely useless) security system.

The movie had lots of potential but didn't realize any of it, I spent the entire movie feeling frustrated because NOTHING was done right or realistically. Don't bother unless you have it on cable and need some background noise while you are doing something else and want to enjoy picking it completely apart.
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
    --John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by sy32478 View Post
    Geez - is this a complete ripoff of Star Trek - ? Anyone remember Landru? The Red Hour?

(Then you are NOT of the body!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Return_of_the_Archons
    I remember.

For so many reasons, The Purge was the dumbest movie ever
    Article 1, Section 24. Right to bear arms.
    The right of citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the state shall not be denied.

The purge is one of the premier movies on Sky Movies tonight after World War Z,

I'm gonna have to watch it after all the fantastic reviews you guys have given it
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

the government has instated a 12 hour period called 'The Purge', during which almost all crime (including murder) is legal and emergency services are suspended.

The landing party has arrived at the start of "Festival", a period of violence, destruction, and sexual aggressiveness which apparently is the only time Landru does not exercise control over the Betan populace.

Star Trek - Return of the Archons, S1, E21, 1967