Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CRIME Canadian Relief For Moore Tornado Victims Denied At Border
+ Reply to Thread

8 Canadian Relief For Moore Tornado Victims Denied At Border

May 31st, 2013
    Canadian Relief For Moore Tornado Victims Denied At Border

Moore tornado

Does this surprise you? It shouldn’t. The US Government doesn’t want people to help each other. It wants people dependent on them for their survival. Preppers are demonized. People have been prohibited from giving food away to the hungry. Simple charity is not allowed. When Katrina happened, supplies from around the Country were blocked at the outskirts of New Orleans by FEMA. If you think FEMA and the government are concerned for you, think again. This is another example of their power hungry control lunacy. – Shorty Dawkins, Associate Editor.

From CBC News.

U.S. border officials want 20,000 kg of food itemized, physically inspected before entering.

A Canadian shipment of relief goods bound for storm-ravaged Oklahoma has been stopped at the Canada-U.S. border in Windsor, Ont.

American officials will not allow the 20,000 kilograms of food, blankets and diapers into the country until every item on board is itemized in alphabetical order and has the country of origin of every product noted.

Dennis Sauve, the volunteer co-ordinator for Windsor Lifeline Outreach and the food bank co-ordinator at the Windsor Christian Fellowship, the two organizations that gathered the goods, said it’s a “physical impossibility” to do the paperwork required in time to get the perishable food to Oklahoma before it spoils.

Because U.S. President Barack Obama hasn’t declared Moore, Okla., tornado a disaster area, the 52-foot trailer of goods is considered a commercial shipment rather than humanitarian aid.

A tornado three kilometres wide ripped through Moore on May 20. The twister killed 24 people and injured close to 400. It destroyed 1,200 homes and damaged another 10,000.
    Several companies gave donations

Sauve’s group secured skids of food donated from Heinz Canada, a refrigerated truck from ADT Transportation and fresh fruits and vegetables from a number of greenhouses in Leamington, Ont., southeast of Windsor.

“It was very rapid. By the hour it was swelling up in size. We were absolutely thrilled to be able to do this,” Sauve said. “I had no dream at all it would be this difficult. I never dreamt we would be called to the table on being able to give this food to people in need.”

The shipment was to be sent to the Gate Church or Oklahoma City, about 20 minutes away from the devastation.

Bishop Tony Miller called the hang-up “very unfortunate.” He said his church has been waiting to receive the goods all week.

“We were excited that our friends internationally were willing to send resources. They worked hard to put it together,” said Miller, when reached en route to Moore on Friday.

The truck was originally scheduled to leave Wednesday. Instead, it’s parked in Leamington.

“They were kind of shocked at how much we were able to get together,” Sauve said.

The truck was loaded with so much food and supplies, it was initially overweight and volunteers had to removed skids.

Sauve said U.S. agents have asked to physically inspect the produce and two skids of rice, donated by Dainty Rice in Windsor.

In an effort to help the shipment pass through customs, Dainty Rice provided paperwork and NAFTA certificates for the rice.
    Load considered ‘commercial’

As of Friday, the truck still had not pulled out.

Sauve said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is now asking for documentation of every item on the truck, including manufacturer’s documentation and country of origin before it will approve the shipment as “safe for consumption.”

“That documentation for us would be an impossibility,” Sauve said.

He is now worried the fresh food, picked on Wednesday, will soon spoil.

“We’re holding our breath and saying our prayers,” Sauve said.

Miller, meanwhile, has asked his congressman for help. He emailed U.S. Congressman James Langford, who in turn raised the concern with FEMA and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

“That’s not something that ever crossed my mind, that we’d have these issues,” Miller said. “Especially when it’s coming from reputable people.

“They only had the heart to help people.”

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2013/05/...ied-at-border/
    No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave. by James Burgh (1775)

Would be banned from TB for life if I typed the words the RAGE I'm feeling inside over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    Would be banned from TB for life if I typed the words the RAGE I'm feeling inside over this.
    i doubt it. but Obama's version of secret storm troopers might make you disappear forever.
    "Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."
    - Ronald Reagan

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding,
    acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your path.

Quote Originally Posted by jed turtle View Post
    i doubt it. but Obama's version of secret storm troopers might make you disappear forever.
    MAYBE! PROBABLY! Oh well, I'm gonna keep my mouth shut on this one; FOR NOW.

On TB that is.
    Last edited by Stardust; 06-02-2013 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Add content

Government has to have a job to do. Its just representing the people.

“They only had the heart to help people.”
    That's the whole problem. This administration is so heartless they can't begin to understand real goodness. All they understand are lies, scheming, destruction and anything else that is evil. Their father has trained them well.

Today is Sunday. Contact your congress critters Mon opening of business hours. Bangor, Maine Collins office arrives late, usually after 10am EST.

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    No surprise to me and boy does this bring back memories. Could not believe they let truckloads of ICE and WATER to just SIT because they were not allowed into New Orleans!!!!

It's all about control but sometimes loud voices do have an affect. Maybe if enough callers voiced their opinion it might help, with "might" being the key word.

There are lot that need to be tied to chairs outside so they can understand the gravity of these storms. We'll give them umbrellas. Won't be too bad. Perhaps they can receive a brain in Oz.
    The Operative: “The path to peace is paved with corpses. It’s always been so.”

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

Quote Originally Posted by FireDance View Post
    There are lot that need to be tied to chairs outside so they can understand the gravity of these storms. We'll give them umbrellas. Won't be too bad. Perhaps they can receive a brain in Oz.
    Uh, Uh....You need marines to hold the umbrellas for them.

I take it no one realised that a Fema exercise took place during the latest round of storms??

ALL traffic was stopped inbound AND outbound on I40 to the west of OKC. ALL traffic was stopped inbound on I35 west of OKC. Someone in authority, remember Fema's in town, declared a "ground emergency". While they poor fools sat in traffic bumper to bumper, mile after mile, there was another reported tornado coming at them from the west. When the oklahoma hwy patrol, who had received orders to stop traffic, realised this, they panicked and started diverting traffic to side roads. All the sudden, the few news stations reporting, went silent about this.

Are you seeing the picture yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Grammytomany View Post
    Uh, Uh....You need marines to hold the umbrellas for them.

Nah, they'll be built into the chairs.

Watcher: Very interesting.

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

Quote Originally Posted by the watcher View Post
    I take it no one realised that a Fema exercise took place during the latest round of storms??

ALL traffic was stopped inbound AND outbound on I40 to the west of OKC. ALL traffic was stopped inbound on I35 west of OKC. Someone in authority, remember Fema's in town, declared a "ground emergency". While they poor fools sat in traffic bumper to bumper, mile after mile, there was another reported tornado coming at them from the west. When the oklahoma hwy patrol, who had received orders to stop traffic, realised this, they panicked and started diverting traffic to side roads. All the sudden, the few news stations reporting, went silent about this.

WOW!! Those FEMA excercises do pop up at the most inopportune times. Do you have a link about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Terriannie View Post
    WOW!! Those FEMA excercises do pop up at the most inopportune times. Do you have a link about this?
    Nope, reporter was in a helo reporting live, with video, while this took place. He specifically mentioned the hwy patrol was who did this. That a "ground emergency" had been declared, by who?? And was very concerned about those sitting on the hwy, with another tornado approaching from the El Reno area. Then a few minutes later, about 15, stated traffic was now being diverted to side roads. From his helo, you could see the choke points being used.

This wreaks...

Nope, reporter was in a helo reporting live, with video, while this took place. He specifically mentioned the hwy patrol was who did this. That a "ground emergency" had been declared, by who?? And was very concerned about those sitting on the hwy, with another tornado approaching from the El Reno area. Then a few minutes later, about 15, stated traffic was now being diverted to side roads. From his helo, you could see the choke points being used.

This wreaks...
    Wasn't this "jam" happening around 8 pm? Seems I remember a comment about that and it caused me to wonder why all these people would even think about doing that.

Do you suppose you could find the vid of this watcher? It IS interesting that traffic wasn't moving at all when (if you live in tornado country) you know not to go out in your vehicle. You really do have to ask WTH.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDance View Post
    Wasn't this "jam" happening around 8 pm? Seems I remember a comment about that and it caused me to wonder why all these people would even think about doing that.

Do you suppose you could find the vid of this watcher? It IS interesting that traffic wasn't moving at all when (if you live in tornado country) you know not to go out in your vehicle. You really do have to ask WTH.

Yup, right as it got dark. I'm looking through vids now on YT. http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...be.DO8gZHFLGj0

ETA, this was people trying to either get out of OKC and into it, after work.

We had a similar situation with Hugo Chavez's donations declined after and hurricanes Katrina and Rita. We remedied that little problem when Chavez sent his men in to give the money directly to my husband (since my son works at Citgo and my husband was cooking all the food for the evacuees) to purchase food, blankets, water, toiletries and whatever else we needed and the .gov couldn't do a damned thing. All of the money was accounted for with receipts. Eliminates this little border problem and the chance that something more devastating could come through in a shipment. You just can't trust anything these days. You know, "Kick em when their down" type of scenario from evil doers. CYA and think outside the box.

Here's some of the video of stalled traffic, but they don't mention this traffic was stopped by hwy patrol. They blamed it on the storms. BS. http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories...vid_5221.shtml

I'm always amazed when they show inside someone's tornado shelter and it's empty, no food, no water, nothing. Mine would be fully stocked...

I'm confused ... what are you suggesting??
    yarnball

This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
    Psalms 118:24

Taking perishable foods (fruit, vegies, meat) over the boarder without paperwork has been an issue for 40+ years. It is nothing new. Heck I can remember causing an incident 30 years ago because I had a clementine in my bag when I went through customs.

We accidentally forgot we had plums from Peru in our lunches as we crossed from Canada to USA at Coutts AB, and we said we had no fruit - a guard dog managed to smell it out and we all got hauled into the Customs building. We were fined $50 for not telling them about it, and they said if we had said "we don't know" if we have any fruit, we could have just thrown it out. As it was, the inspector said he was letting us off lightly as he had the authority to fine us $1000 for one plum!

That was in the early 1980's........and still today, Canadians cannot bring back any fruit except citrus, and we cannot take into the USA any fruit, especially citrus - part of the NAFTA sharing program. We did accidentally bring back a crinkly old apple this spring.......oh well, we are just old and forgetful now.
    True North Strong and Free

Quote Originally Posted by lassiesma View Post
    Taking perishable foods (fruit, vegies, meat) over the boarder without paperwork has been an issue for 40+ years. It is nothing new. Heck I can remember causing an incident 30 years ago because I had a clementine in my bag when I went through customs.
    Today you need to put a Muslim in your trunk and fill his pockets with perishables. That will certainly get a pass.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Quote Originally Posted by Yarnball View Post
    I'm confused ... what are you suggesting??
    What I am inferring is this was an impromptu exercise in controlling traffic flow into a declared emergency. Like a number of reports of the same happening, at least twice, in LA from numerous eyewitness sources in the past. Now before some come forward and claim they stopped traffic after the tornado's came through, Not so. I watched this live as it happened and people were stopped in both directions on several western hwys after a small tornado touched down in Moore, on the east side of OKC. As this was happening, another tornado formed farther to the west, behind the stopped traffic, headed towards them. That's when they started trying to get the traffic flowing again, and diverting onto side roads. I have repeated exactly what the reporter said, as it was happening. The tone in his voice was rather incredulous, like wth.

What I am inferring is this was an impromptu exercise in controlling traffic flow into a declared emergency. Like a number of reports of the same happening, at least twice, in LA from numerous eyewitness sources in the past. Now before some come forward and claim they stopped traffic after the tornado's came through, Not so. I watched this live as it happened and people were stopped in both directions on several western hwys after a small tornado touched down in Moore, on the east side of OKC. As this was happening, another tornado formed farther to the west, behind the stopped traffic, headed towards them. That's when they started trying to get the traffic flowing again, and diverting onto side roads. I have repeated exactly what the reporter said, as it was happening. The tone in his voice was rather incredulous, like wth.
    Sure wish we could see the footage of that reporter! It sounds so incideous. Here I was thinking that these people were trapped because they were part of the rush hour and not tuned into radio alerts.

Sometimes the West Coast, sometimes the South.
    Now had that shipment been coming from the other border, there would have been no issues.
    Politicians can't give us anything without depriving us of something else. Government is not a god. Every dime they spend must first be taken from someone else. -- unknown

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw

'Because U.S. President Barack Obama hasn’t declared Moore, Okla., tornado a disaster area, the 52-foot trailer of goods is considered a commercial shipment rather than humanitarian aid.
    It is amazing that Mr. Obama has not declared Moore, Okla to be a disaster area. Either it takes a lot for an event to be a disaster in Mr. Obamas mind, or he was off at the golf course or otherwise not paying attention to his responsibilities.
    SS

Terriannie
    I was watching all this live and I was shocked with what was happening. I'm still rather peaved they did this to people, unbelievable. I could not believe what I was seeing and hearing.

Shag
    Oklahoma was a solid red state, meaning EVERY county voted for the other guy. I'm sure that is not lost on O. He did show up in Moore a few days afterwards, but I didn't bother listening to the dribble. Remember Mary Fallin is the one that they took the picture of, wagging her finger in his face.

This is Unconstitutional as these things should not be dependent on his will alone.

Cleveland OH looking towards TX wistfully
    Bolt you are completely wrong, Publius he has no effect on this.

This, perishable foods crossing the border has been an issue for decades....as has been said. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH EITHER O'BUMBLE OR MOORE.

I'm AMAZED with the number of stories we have had on here for YEARS that nobody seems to remember the issue that this is.

And, no, humanitarian aid deos NOT get some kind of pass,
    '
    Even when you are directly feeding victims and workers you STILL have to follow food safety serving laws, regardles...

HONESTLY you guys go out of your WAY to find SOMETHING to blame the current admenstruation for, when it has been the rule for decades.....

I'm sure it could have gotten through our Southern border.

Sometimes the West Coast, sometimes the South.
    Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post

This, perishable foods crossing the border has been an issue for decades....as has been said. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH EITHER O'BUMBLE OR MOORE.

I'm AMAZED with the number of stories we have had on here for YEARS that nobody seems to remember the issue that this is.

'
    Even when you are directly feeding victims and workers you STILL have to follow food safety serving laws, regardles...

HONESTLY you guys go out of your WAY to find SOMETHING to blame the current admenstruation for, when it has been the rule for decades.....
    I was being sarcastic. It seems we let damn near anything come across the southern border but scrutinize the Canadian border. I get that this has everything to do with food safety laws/regs and would have happened with any administration. I had the same issues with Bush and FEMA. But I see no reason why the current administration could/would not do something to speed things along in order to get people the help they so desperately need. We went through the very same scenario with Katrina. Even water was held up for weeks. These are fellow Americans who need help. I don't care where it's coming from. Someone needs to get off their ass and get this processed.
    Politicians can't give us anything without depriving us of something else. Government is not a god. Every dime they spend must first be taken from someone else. -- unknown

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post

'

I agree to a point. At least part of the load has the right documents. Unless Heinz is a questionable source? My suggestion is pull the truck back and remove the produce. Then see what other block they throw up.

Sauve’s group secured skids of food donated from Heinz Canada, a refrigerated truck from ADT Transportation and fresh fruits and vegetables from a number of greenhouses in Leamington, Ont., southeast of Windsor.

“It was very rapid. By the hour it was swelling up in size. We were absolutely thrilled to be able to do this,” Sauve said. “I had no dream at all it would be this difficult. I never dreamt we would be called to the table on being able to give this food to people in need.”

The shipment was to be sent to the Gate Church or Oklahoma City, about 20 minutes away from the devastation.

Bishop Tony Miller called the hang-up “very unfortunate.” He said his church has been waiting to receive the goods all week.

“We were excited that our friends internationally were willing to send resources. They worked hard to put it together,” said Miller, when reached en route to Moore on Friday.

The truck was originally scheduled to leave Wednesday. Instead, it’s parked in Leamington.

“They were kind of shocked at how much we were able to get together,” Sauve said.

The truck was loaded with so much food and supplies, it was initially overweight and volunteers had to removed skids.

Sauve said U.S. agents have asked to physically inspect the produce and two skids of rice, donated by Dainty Rice in Windsor.

In an effort to help the shipment pass through customs, Dainty Rice provided paperwork and NAFTA certificates for the rice.