Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG LDS Canneries To HALT Canning June 27th.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

19 LDS Canneries To HALT Canning June 27th.

http://198.58.100.27/breaking-news-l...-halt-canning/

June 27th deadline for canning cessation at LDS Canneries West of the Mississippi. I tried to copy and paste the article/blog but cannot.

The FDA is, of course, behind this. I have never been to one of these canneries, but have friends and relatives in other parts of the country that do use them. I know there are many here on the forum that use these canneries. This will be a huge blow to those who depend on canning at these facilities in order to save money.

Continued harassment on our food sources--for our own good, of course!

MARANATHA!
    "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14)."

Choose Life--Your Mother Did!!!
    MARANATHA! means "Come, O Lord!"

That sucks, the one in Slidell is very nice, but its east of the Mississippi, so maybe it won't close.

Judy

http://198.58.100.27/breaking-news-l...-halt-canning/

Breaking News: LDS Canneries to HALT Canning!
    By Kellene Bishop

Official Handout of an LDS Cannery located in Greensboro, NC is expected to be indicative of future handouts in other LDS Canneries.

Today written and and personal interview sources confirmed breaking news to me which has not yet been announced to all of the interested congregations or the media. This is indeed, BREAKING NEWS. All of the LDS Canneries west of the Mississippi have been forced to HALT all canning. See the rest of the story for extensive details as well as some important things for you to consider to put this event into perspective.
    June 27th Deadline for Canning at LDS Canneries West of the Mississippi
    As is supported by the announcement to the left in part, LDS Canneries will no longer be canning any food at their facilities beginning June 27th, 2013. Insiders who are closely involved with these actions tell me that this will encompass “west of the Mississippi” and that the reason for such a startling action is because they are no longer able to justify the abhorrent costs to keep in compliance with the ever-changing criteria set forth by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration.

For those of you that don’t know, the LDS Church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) is a Christian religion that has deep roots of assisting the citizens in their regions to become more self-sufficient. For decades their members have been admonished to live self-sufficient lives including setting aside appropriate foods to last a family 12 months. One of the ways that members are able to accomplish this is by volunteering at an LDS Cannery. This opportunity is also available to non-members as well who schedule a time to assist in the canning of a wide spectrum of foods as these canneries. Fruits, vegetables, protein, legumes, starches such as rice and wheat, flour and sugar, and even spaghetti sauce and chili are some of the essential items that people have been able to come and donate service to can, in 2 to 4 hour shifts. At the end of their shift the volunteers are given the opportunity to purchase various items that are canned at the facility, in #10 cans. The products at the LDS Cannery facilities (sometimes referred to as Home Storage Centers) are typically sold at or just above cost, so they are very competitively priced and come with the confidence that they were getting premium, quality food. These foods are frequently used to supplement the groceries purchased by families and also serve as reliable foods that have a long shelf-life which can be set aside for a rainy day. Well, thanks to Big Brother’s ulterior agenda, come June 26th there will no longer be ANY canning activity at these facilities west of the Mississippi. Unfortunately, the government entities have made it far too costly, topped with even exposure to legal liabilities to continue providing this amazing service to their communities.

Keep in mind that the LDS Church Corporation is no pauper nor have they shown anything but an admirable determination to continue running these facilities over the years. They stand as a beacon of self-sufficiency in every sense of the word as they are run debt free and strictly by volunteers. There’s hardly a home of an LDS Member in existence that doesn’t possess at least a couple of their trademarked, understated brand of cans from the cannery and there are millions of non LDS persons who have discovered the food that can be purchased from these centers as one of the best kept secrets to successful family budgeting. They are NOT backing down because of a small speed bump. No, this decision would ONLY come as a result of some pretty significant obstacles.

LDS Church Has Yet to Make Official Statement Regarding Canneries
    The LDS Church has not yet made an official announcement on this matter, however, the various canneries have begun letting their patrons know with the types of handouts that you see at the left and many LDS churchgoers can expect announcements to be made from the pulpit regarding these changes in the upcoming Sundays. However, I am certain that the ONLY place you’ll hear about the FDA and USDA’s involvement will be here, as a result of the one on one interviews that I’ve had with people who are involved in the logistics of making these changes. And since the LDS Church is not known for returning evil for evil, or whining or griping about how unjustly they’ve been treated in such matters, I’m certain that you’ll not hear any media coverage addressing the role that the U.S. government has played in these matters. It’s only on condition of absolute anonymity that I such information and back story was shared with me. One comment that has stuck with me was the person who shared with me about a stiff fine that their previous perfect record cannery had been assessed. This person said “it seems like the (USDA) only show up now because they see an LDS Cannery inspection as a quick way to make a buck.”

Will the LDS Canneries Be Shut Down?
    What’s a cannery that doesn’t can anything? Well, apparently it’s just a center now in which people will be able to check out the #10 canners for a few days at a time and can dry goods in their own home now or they’ll be able to purchase pre-packaged goods that will be canned in the more robust facilities in the Western States which will no doubt bear the burden of the cost to be shipped now to the Eastern states. However, several interviews made it clear to me that there’s an active intent by these government entities to shut down ALL LDS Canneries ALL over the U.S. including the ability to purchase foods in bulk and that there’s a targeted time table by the government entities to have this accomplished at the end of the next two years. We’ll just have to see who wins that little challenge.

I’m greatly disturbed by this recent change of events, not only because I have personally volunteered at several of the affected facilities, but I personally know literally hundreds of readers who will also be impacted by this change. I’ve been able to confirm this week that this policy has been put in place at a handful of other LDS Canneries in other areas of the country including Missouri, Washington.

What Will the Official Announcement Say?
    Remember the hoopla that happened last year in which the FBI was reported to have popped in at an LDS Cannery demanding to see a list of all of their patrons? Well, I conducted personal interviews on that matter as well, and I’m certain that there was such an incident, but it was easily handled in such as way so as not to ruffle any government or LDS member feathers. The story was quickly put to rest as it was easily able to since there were so few persons involved to manage. But when there’s a change like this that’s undeniable and obvious to SO many patrons of so many locations—well that’s a little more difficult to soft shoe and conceal. However, I’m certain that the official announcements from the LDS Church will not including any grousing about a bothersome Big Brother interference when they do.

Millions of persons have benefited from the canning services offered at the LDS Canneries all over the U.S. as the LDS Church does not require that a person be a member of their church to participate in the bulk purchasing, but this shut down will inevitably make things more challenging for those who are trying to acquire quality food essentials at affordable prices. Unfortunately, the LDS Church (corporation) has enabled the wolf at the door to have the full run of the house in matters such as these. Personal interviews unveiled numerous accounts of supervisors of the canneries feeling badgered and even harassed by the USDA and the FDA. At one point the LDS Church was told that they had to stop canning their homegrown peaches because they were told by the government entity inspecting them that “they were too juicy.” Yup—“too juicy”. How about that for a lame excuse? As a result, the LDS Church began drying some of their produce so that they could still provide such yummy, nutritional produce. (Their dried apples are divine.)

LDS Orchards Being Closely Monitored TOO!
    Adding more fodder to this mess is the recent uptick in the government agencies harassing the LDS Church owned orchards in various parts of the U.S. Here’s one letter I received by one of the members of the LDS Church who showed up to volunteer on a church run orchard in Idaho. (As always—name withheld)
    “We are blessed to live close to the LDS church orchards and get the opportunity to work there every year to prune, thin, and harvest peaches, pears, plums, cherries, apricots, apples, etc. It is such a blessing to people who live here and for the members of the church who provide labor which ultimately feeds thousands of people worldwide.

However, the feds have upped their regulations this year and are requiring every volunteer to be (specially government) trained. They have made it clear that we could be audited, and the volunteers could be asked by Gov’t officials on-site (at any time) if they have been ‘trained’. If we are not in compliance, the orchard could be shut down. So after Sacrament meeting today they had a Stake member come and pass out a ‘training’ sheet and gave adults a card that people are supposed to sign and take with them out to the orchard when we work to show that we have been trained. The wards now have to have an orchard coordinator that will be on site to ‘train’ those people who fall through the cracks and missed the training. (Editor note: Remember—these are ALL volunteers who make this all possible.)

The training includes on-site cleanliness (washing hands, etc. and using the toilet facilities that the church has always provided (us) before ‘they’ said anything); another item was that if fruit touches the ground we are to not put it in the bins; we can’t use it for use at the cannery. However, that fruit is good enough for me to pick up and take home to eat, hmmmm. Moving on….

Another item–That children are watched carefully so they don’t pick fruit with unclean hands, (seems to me that the canning process would kill any bacteria that a child or adult might have on their hands); that each volunteer record their hours, and that we provide proof of training to any official who may want to see it on demand.

Now this is just another effort to make us more dependent on ‘Them’. I was livid during this meeting as I realized what was happening and what ‘They’ are trying to accomplish. This is a sign of it trickling down to the people of our country and many don’t see the tentacles reaching out to grab and control them. Too many people are complacent and don’t realize what this means for the future of our food production.

The cannery in Boise has had to quit canning meats because ‘They’ passed more regulations that the Church wasn’t willing to abide by. So rather than jump through more hoops the church decided they would no longer can meats. I guess it is good that I already can meat and also teach others to do so. I wonder what other ‘regulations’ they will pass to try and shut the cannery down.

I live in Idaho, and the stakes from (redacted) westward do orchard work and the Stakes in (redacted) do cannery work. We have loved doing work in the orchards and have enjoyed having our children help. But I guess we have to be extra vigilant and be in compliance, so we will be making sure our children don’t contaminate the whole orchard by picking up a piece of fruit off the ground and eating it on site. This is an item that ‘they’ insist on compliance. Absolutely NO picking of fruit and eating it while in the orchard. HA! How have we survived this long without Government regulations??”
    (italics added)

When you consider this bit of news with the incident that was reported last year in which an LDS Cannery received a surprise visit from the FBI who reportedly demanded to see a list of their patrons —things start coming into focus. I also can’t help but think of the increase numbers of regular, everyday home gardeners that are being harassed by the police just because they had the audacity to GROW FOOD! No, I’m not talking about some crazy story in some other country; I’m talking about what’s going on right here in the U.S.A.

I’d say that we’ve all had ample indications that it’s time to wake up and get prepared. You’ve already lost one more valuable outlet with this latest maneuver. You’re likely to find that your bank account has been emptied overnight by the powers that be like it was for many in Cyprus and Canada recently. You’re likely to find that it’s impossible to purchase non-gmo seeds any longer to grow, or that your water supply will be drastically reduced. Who knows what will happen exactly, but no one can sit there and feign ignorance or plead that they never had any warning. This, my friends, is a warning to us all.

=======================================
    POSTED UNDER PROVISIONS OF FAIR USE FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

However, the feds have upped their regulations this year and are requiring every volunteer to be (specially government) trained. They have made it clear that we could be audited, and the volunteers could be asked by Gov’t officials on-site (at any time) if they have been ‘trained’. If we are not in compliance, the orchard could be shut down.

How many orchards staff by illegal Mex's do you think would be required to "government train" those same Mex's? How many Mex's would be asked by government stooges if they were trained?

Remember - control the food supply, and control the population. That's what this is about.

Deutschland Über Alles....

THIS part especially stood out to me:

However, several interviews made it clear to me that there’s an active intent by these government entities to shut down ALL LDS Canneries ALL over the U.S. including the ability to purchase foods in bulk and that there’s a targeted time table by the government entities to have this accomplished at the end of the next two years. We’ll just have to see who wins that little challenge.

I've noticed over the past SEVERAL years that you can't buy NEARLY what you used to be able to buy at "bulk" places like Sam's. Don't know about Costco (I never shop there--too high and too little stock, at least in the one I saw), but at Sam's you USED to be able to buy LARGE packages of spaghetti and all other kinds of pasta, and a MUCH larger variety of foods. Now all the pasta comes in little bitty boxes, not large plastic bags, and they only thing they have in "bulk" are things restauranteurs would need---rice, flour, sugar, tomato paste, etc. (mostly for the Hispanic and Asian markets down here).

It makes sense that the forces working to make us all dependent first regulate small farmers out of business, then the even smaller "natural" farms (Amish), then restrict / eliminate ability of people to take ANY bulk food and can it for PERSONAL, PRIVATE use (whether food they've grown themselves or received through an LDS cannery volunteer day, such as above), and then start restricting / regulating people's own, personal, private BACKYARD GARDENS.

After they've successfully done all that, the only step left is to go house-to-house inspecting for whether people are "hoarding" food, on the excuse that it's either a danger to them personally ("You might have some out-of-date stuff in there that you might eat or serve to your children and make them sick!") or to others ("there is a correlation between these 'hoarders' and 'survivalist-types' and terrorism").

I wonder how long it will be before they'll come and tell me I can't eat the fruit off my own trees, the produce from my own garden, or the jams and jellies I preserved and put up.
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Thanks, Dozdoats, for posting the article. I am so sick of the interference from those in power whose agendas seek to "protect the people for their own good". Their tyranny continues at a breakneck pace locally, regionally and nationally.
    "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14)."

Why would the govt. allow/encourage bulk food sales - something that's useful for prepping and independence and self-sufficiency?
    OMG - can't have any of THAT going on...

The AGENDA is DEpendence - ON govt....not FROM govt.

The goal is MORE Gibsmedats, not less.
    Last edited by blueridge; 05-04-2013 at 12:40 PM.

I suspect they want to force the bulk of Americans to eat the GMO shit Monsanto kicks out in order to sterilize 2nd generations and cause massive trauma to first generation health. That's where the deathcare system kicks in and makes sure you're IV'd with as much chemical drugs as they can jam into your body, ensuring an early death.

The fedgov is totally overstepping their bounds on this, and the state needs to tell them to f' off. Individual counties can do this if the sheriff is behind the citizen and the commissioners pass a food ordinance making it legal for people to prepare and consume the foods they choose. I saw on the FDA website 2 years ago that the FDA thinks that Americans DO NOT have the right to choose the foods they consume. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

What in the world would the LDS canning pantries have that cause harm? They stock foods that are shelf stable and having those available helps so many. This is just ludicrous. I am in shock over this. But then again, I have an idea this is only the beginning.

Thank you for finding and posting this. I was just floored.

I don't see how they can get away with this and why the LDS isn't fighting this? This is what happens when you allow the government inside the church. The next thing they're going to try is to force all churches to preach a government written sermon. We just might have to go underground. I didn't think I would see it in my lifetime, but maybe so.
    The Lord's Servant

Quote Originally Posted by Nina View Post
    What in the world would the LDS canning pantries have that cause harm? ...

INdependence from gummint and the gibsmedat mentality. The LDS canneries are thus determined to be ANTI-Big Gov.

A really quick read on this can be found in Glen Beck's recent book "Agenda 21" - which is all about TOTAL and complete
    dependence on Big Gov. Not saying it's a 'great' book by any means - but it gets the point across.

Wasnt the same thing rumored last year? I seem to remember this coming up before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nina View Post
    What in the world would the LDS canning pantries have that cause harm? They stock foods that are shelf stable and having those available helps so many. This is just ludicrous. I am in shock over this. But then again, I have an idea this is only the beginning.

You answered your own question. Except the "harm" would be to the Gestapo in their attempt to control you.

When they go house to house, you use them as fertilizer... F#ck this government!
    Rusty in NC
    Don't tread on me!
    sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
    Wickr tiger133

Hmm - you good folks DID listen and react and praise the people who vilified the Mormons during the last election right? I mean, Romney was out of touch and strange and any ideas he had were just idiocy, right? Don't listen to what he did to make it attractive and possible to plan for your own emergency so you could live through it.

The unintended consequence is that in making the Mormons look like weird people with strange ideas is that the government and people who fell in with their lies now will not react to this trampling of Mormon rights.

The general public will not extrapolate and see how closing down these facilities will affect them later, along with their fruit trees, their food sources, even their gardens. After all, they're not Mormon. The idea that they could lose the very right to take care of their own food wouldn't occur to them. (Do we see a pattern here? No guns, no food, no freedom).

Even if this story hits the mainstream, which I doubt will happen no one will care about those weird LDS people but there are still unintended consequences... When there is a national disaster, within 24-48 hours the Mormons have church canned food and emergency bags in the hands of people who need relief. They were there for Sandy, the Mormons were specifically excluded from helping with Katrina and memories are short about what help has been given and where it came from.

The government will take away that LDS emergency response possibility and people will find out that the government can't handle an emergency nearly as well as the LDS church. Personal or national emergencies will not have that resource available. But it will be too late by then which seems to be the story of the USA more and more often.

Personal or national emergencies will not have that resource available. But it will be too late by then which seems to be the story of the USA more and more often.

This is going exactly according to plan. When Sandy hit and government response was slow (as usual), what was the hue and cry raised by the sheeple on teevee? That churches and NGOs needed to send more help? No. "THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO DO MORE!! WE NEED THEIR HELP!!!!!"

That was what you heard, fifty times on the nightly nooz.

Exactly what the Gestapo wants to hear.....

You better get your large Mylar bags and O2 absorbers while you are still "allowed", they will be next.

http://www.sorbentsystems.com/mylar.html

Empty #10 cans are hard to hide in shipment. UPS and FEDEX won't work, need a freight carrier.
    The bill of lading is going into a large database somewhere...
    shōu xìnyòngkă ma?

Our local cannery was shut down a while ago, but the dry goods portion is still used. In the church they use different terms. The "cannery" is the wet canning for soups and such. All the equipment is still there, they just don't use it.

Maybe this is what they are referring to. Possibly? Hopefully?

Government up in the middle of church business again, in the name of "the good of the people".

I am surprised the LDS are taking this laying down! I believe this is an infringement on their religious freedoms as prepping and long term food storage is a part of their religious practice, is it not? God says to prep in the Bible, very clearly.

While saddened for their loss, for a split second I thought, ooooh, maybe I'll have an opportunity to purchase a used dry canner at a good price, but realistically, it will (and should) go to someone in their church. And then that persons garage/barn/farm storehouse/whatever building can become their own personal prep area. And just who is to say that persons individual prep area and dry canner can't be borrowed by many "friends and neighbors"? There ARE ways around this.

Geez, we just think we still live in a free country.

Man, I am boiling mad right now!
    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

This Government and their Thugs are out of control. Welcome to the police state I can smell Revolution in the air!
    Some people are only alive because there are laws against killing them.

2 CORRECTION: EAST OF THE MISSISSIPI

Just got an correction update from the blog that originally posted this: Should read EAST of the Mississipi. Author apologized for mistake saying that she wrote the article in the wee hours and the phrase "West fo the Mississipi" stuck in her head and was translated to her fingers.

MARANATHA!
    Last edited by Maranatha; 05-04-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: added explanation

If this now, combined with everything else you should know by coming here to be informed, DOES NOT CAUSE YOU TO ACT IMMEDIATELY to do whatever is necessary to secure your future access to, and ability to grow and preserve food for yourself and and your loved ones, to the absolute limit of your ability and effort, then you risk losing everything you cherish.

It ISN'T "knowing" all this that will save you.
    Everything, your LIFE, depends on WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT YOU KNOW!
    If you DON'T ACT, don't have stored food, don't have a way to grow or help grow more food, don't have the knowledge, equipment, and supplies to PRESERVE food saying "you can't afford it", or aren't "interested" but waste even one more dollar on ANYTHING you or your children absolutely do not HAVE TO HAVE RIGHT NOW, then you AND your loved ones, in the long run, may face ACTUALLY DYING, for the latte, the ipad, karate classes, the vacation or ski trip, the new car, or to HANG ON TO and keep whatever you have of value that you DON'T need, (the motorcycle, the antiques, the inherited jewelry, (instead of selling it and raising money for) "preps" NOW.

Wake up and ACT before it is too late, YOU choose NOW what you face later.
    It may not be "fair", but NOT EVERYONE WILL SUFFER EQUALLY.
    It is YOUR responsibility, not your friends, or neighbors, or the government's to feed your kids and your self when crisis, disaster, war, or other catastrophic collapse occurs. If they eat and your kids DO NOT, IT IS YOUR FAULT, for the choices you made NOW.
    Last edited by ainitfunny; 05-04-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    72, and still learning.
    Striving to become a "know it all".
    LOL! Long road ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by joekan View Post
    I don't see how they can get away with this and why the LDS isn't fighting this? This is what happens when you allow the government inside the church. The next thing they're going to try is to force all churches to preach a government written sermon. We just might have to go underground. I didn't think I would see it in my lifetime, but maybe so.
    Which WAS exactly the situation for most of Christian history up until the Reformation---

only Catholic priests or monks could deliver homilies on the Bible (and the Bible itself was chained to the lectern, so it was unavailable to the populace even if they could read Latin, the only language permissible for it to be reproduced in)

only approved and appointed Anglican pastors could preach in the Church of England (which is why such men as John Bunyan were jailed for "preaching without a license", and the Pilgrims left England because, technically, their meeting for church in a non-Anglican format with a non-Anglican unlicensed preacher was illegal, and they ALL could be jailed or killed for it)

ditto for many other European countries prior to the Reformation, and in many, even after the Reformation, if you were not licensed and approved by the "official" State church (be it the Dutch Reformed Church, the approved state church in Germany (Lutheran or Catholic), and so forth.

It was for this reason that our Founding Fathers forbade the Government to choose and endorse ANY particular "favorite" church as "the" State Church---ALL were to EQUALLY held in "hands-off" respect by the government, with none favored AND NONE INTERFERED WITH by the government, so that one could not be favored over another---"FREE exercise of religion" (think that's happening in government / public schools today, where Moslem kids may NOT be denied the right to their 5-times-a-day prayer facing Mecca, but CHRISTIAN prayers are utterly FORBIDDEN?)

Then, in the atheistic European / Russian Communist system, there was the 'claim' officially of "freedom of religion", but all pastors had to be licensed by the State, were watched incessantly to make sure their sermons ONLY supported and never criticized the State, the congregation was spied on and those with church membership were reported and subsequently passed up for promotions at their jobs, NO children were allowed to attend at all because this was "brainwashing" them, and the true official position was pro-atheism (actually, pro worship of the State) and con any other type of worship.

We're getting there..........history repeats itself........
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by nomifyle View Post
    That sucks, the one in Slidell is very nice, but its east of the Mississippi, so maybe it won't close.

Judy
    Sorry, Judy, since it is EAST of the Mississipi, looks like it is one that will close. (The West of the MS was a mistake)

MARANATHA!

Quote Originally Posted by Maranatha View Post
    Thanks, Dozdoats, for posting the article. I am so sick of the interference from those in power whose agendas seek to "protect the people for their own good". Their tyranny continues at a breakneck pace locally, regionally and nationally.
    I've heard a few people (not personally known to me) speculate that it's about time for some of these gummint "officials" to start "disappearing"....

I found this report for the WEST coast [state of Washington]

It is with great sadness that we announce the closing of 7 out of 13 LDS canneries around the country as of January 1, 2012--including the cannery in Kent. This closure was due to 2 factors. First, some of the LDS canneries could produce many more cans per day and the continued investment in the older canneries was not sensible. Second, new federal food regulations with an eye on homeland security have made it virtually impossible to rely on volunteers, the core of the cannery workers.

All those volunteers who worked so hard on behalf of the South King County Food Banks can continue their good work at the Northwest Harvest warehouse, which is located at 22220 68th Ave So (also known as West Valley Hwy), only 5 minutes from the cannery. Work includes sorting and packaging food for distribution to food banks throughout Washington State. Large groups are welcome.
    http://www.skcfc.org/yeswecan/
    God's idea of grace is far bigger than your idea of karma-Alan Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by jesner View Post
    I found this report for the WEST coast [state of Washington]

It is with great sadness that we announce the closing of 7 out of 13 LDS canneries around the country as of January 1, 2012--including the cannery in Kent. This closure was due to 2 factors. First, some of the LDS canneries could produce many more cans per day and the continued investment in the older canneries was not sensible. Second, new federal food regulations with an eye on homeland security have made it virtually impossible to rely on volunteers, the core of the cannery workers.

All those volunteers who worked so hard on behalf of the South King County Food Banks can continue their good work at the Northwest Harvest warehouse, which is located at 22220 68th Ave So (also known as West Valley Hwy), only 5 minutes from the cannery. Work includes sorting and packaging food for distribution to food banks throughout Washington State. Large groups are welcome.
    http://www.skcfc.org/yeswecan/

So the volunteers can sort food MANUFACTURED by OTHER BUSINESSES and donated, but home-made and home-packed food es verboten, ya?

This is about control....control....control....and nothing else.......TPTB don't give a hoot about our health or welfare...they want everyone everywhere begging for their crappy GMO foods....

I agree with Flipper (and others!) 100%...................from what I read, the crops aren't being planted in many area due to cooler wet weather which delays farmers/ranchers/etc....

If there are harvests next autumn.........I betcha the FEDS will take it for themselves......or start rationing what we useless eaters may consume.......(their thinking not mine!)

FYI: I use to work at local food bank and about six months or more after Hurrican Katrina........the Food Bank of the Rockies, a main warehousing/distributor, in Denver had some "leftover" FEMA junk....

MY OH MY........what a load of garbage.........I don't think a rat would give it a nibble........absolute trash full of additives......barely food at all.......NO ONE WANTED IT HERE EITHER!!!

That's the kind of trash they want us eating........and dying........and paying for.
    Sapphire

myopically challenged

When they go house to house, you use them as fertilizer... "Feed the hogs," as a certain novel (Untintended Consequences) once put it...

Note to self - get some pigs. Can't eat a backhoe, after all...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Slightly off topic, but just in case someone did not know about it... this is still available for now. a few items... free shipping...

http://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stor...3_-1_N_image_0
    "If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for entering and remaining in the country illegally — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots." -Jeff Foxworthy -Hey! Maybe not anymore!!!

Mathew 24:6 "See to it you are not alarmed." (Though He also said to "keep watch" and to build your house "on the Rock".)

I can't seem to find any solid source of the info about the closings. Anyone got anything firm rather than "I heard" or "I was told"? The switch from west of the Mississippi to east of the Mississippi seems kinda out of place, even on a rumor.

Kajun

PS
    I have quite a few LDS relatives I'm gonna try to get solid info from.
    Stupid outta hurt immediately!

Unless it transported or sold over state lines what right do the feds have or jurisdiction do they have, should it only be state, and if it is a church ministry then they should not have any say.

Well, it IS transported over state lines, but when that happens, it's never for SALE. It's for the Bishop's Storehouse, which caters to hard-up Mormons. Also for emergency relief in disasters. But in neither case is the food purchased at that point. The purchases happen at the canneries themselves at the end of the work day, when the volunteers are given the opportunity to purchase case lots of whatever was canned that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Hand View Post
    This Government and their Thugs are out of control. Welcome to the police state I can smell Revolution in the air!
    That smell you smell will be the stink of government bodies pretty damn soon if they stay their present course....
    Rusty in NC
    Don't tread on me!
    sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
    Wickr tiger133

Quote Originally Posted by AnnCats View Post
    Hmm - you good folks DID listen and react and praise the people who vilified the Mormons during the last election right? I mean, Romney was out of touch and strange and any ideas he had were just idiocy, right? Don't listen to what he did to make it attractive and possible to plan for your own emergency so you could live through it.
    No, not me. While I have doctrinal differences I will not bad mouth the LDS for being weird. I would have to diss myself as I believe in preparedness and non dependence on the Feds ( which are not too bright sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by Maranatha View Post
    Just got an correction update from the blog that originally posted this: Should read EAST of the Mississipi. Author apologized for mistake saying that she wrote the article in the wee hours and the phrase "West fo the Mississipi" stuck in her head and was translated to her fingers.

MARANATHA!
    Here is the "original " item I saw on this.

-----

FDA Shuts down LDS Canneries

Author: Joshua Patterson, on May 3, 2013.

Are Prepper food supplies and church food programs now under attack?

It would seem that the Federal Government has started to shut down LDS Food Canneries.

Preparedness Pro Reports on their Facebook page that has how happened.

The Letter down on the Preparedness Pro Facebook page
    While there have been rumors for several months that this would happen, it’s now official!

ALL LDS Canneries east of the Mississippi will no longer be canning any food. The FDA, in their infinite, expert opinions–said with the greatest of sarcasm–has managed to FINALLY create such a set of conditions which are impossible for the LDS Church to comply with. (Given the financial standing of the LDS Church it’s clear that this isn’t a monetary issue and since they have been seriously committed to helping others be self-sufficient at great sacrifice to themselves for decades, it’s clearly not a lack of commitment.)

I’m sure the FDA is mighty proud of themselves for FINALLY coming up with sufficient conspiring to get this done. They are clearly intent on stopping from ANY purchasing in bulk within two years in the LDS Canneries. At this point the LDS Canneries in SLC will need to pre-package foods and then send them East. So that means that more and more LDS members are going to need to volunteer to keep up with the workload.

Prepare while you can, folks, cause you never know when “They” will change your plans.

Read more: http://thewiseprepper.com/fda-shuts-...#ixzz2SN3JJVGI

-----

PLEASE read this carefully. It is a bombshell in the heart of your prep plans and suppliers as well as for dependent communities served by the LDS Church.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by blueridge View Post
    Why would the govt. allow/encourage bulk food sales - something that's useful for prepping and independence and self-sufficiency?
    OMG - can't have any of THAT going on...

The AGENDA is DEpendence - ON govt....not FROM govt.

The goal is MORE Gibsmedats, not less.
    I dont know...and all that money spent on "Ready.gov" to preach to the sheelple to do this very thing. But we can't have the government not getting a cut of it you know. Or worse, not having the things have the GMO/Chemical laden foods to poison the people. That's bad business. So shut it down.

Don’t buy from a faceless chain.
    Buy from a friend.

Shop Avon Online! - www.LizMetcalf.com
    Liz Metcalf - TB's Resident Avon Lady

Still waiting to hear/see/read something about this come from the Church leadership. Still waiting for WHY this is supposedly happening. One person's blog entry a fact does NOT make. Where is any verification?

Quote Originally Posted by joekan View Post
    Why indeed, aren't they "fighting this"? Why in the world would the LDS capitulate so easily? Come on LDS, show your "stuff" and don't be bullied into being a government pawn by letting down your tenets and church.
    The people of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. Abraham Lincoln, 1859