Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

HEALTH RESULTS OF 4 MONTHS TAKING DIATOMACEOUS EARTH
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,440 of 2040
    This is a Yahoo Group regarding Diatomaceous Earth. Very interesting and helpful!

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/thegoldensecret/

Quote Originally Posted by stormie View Post
    Approximately 9 weeks of taking DE. Now using 1tbl. with OJ in the morning on empty stomach. Thought I'd mention something kind of crazy. I'm a sonographer (do sonograms). A while back I was having minor bladder issues so I scanned my own bladder. The inner wall was slightly irregular with what looked to be some kind of thickening or build up. I, having the typical medical mindset , blew it off nor did I follow up with my family physician.

I continued to scan my self every so often and that ragged rough area never resolved. Its been there for several years. So fast forward to now.... I scanned my bladder a couple of days ago and now I see that the bladder wall is smooth! I guess those Brillo pad like diatoms have scrubbed my bladder clean! Mind you, this is only my experience. I'm making no claims of the miracle properties of DE.... How's that statement for typical medical mind set? LOL!!!
    Stormie, I find that fascinating because someone had PM'd me about how bad their bladder was doing before DE. They seemed to have almost a constant UTI type of problem with their bladder and all of that is gone. I had been going through the exact same thing and DE has resolved that. I have to laugh that you were scanning your own bladder cause I would've been doing the same thing! Perhaps the same kind of thing has happened in our bladders.
    "I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it" -- Abraham Lincoln

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=2072063#i

Several comments here regarding DE and results. One person talks about parasites in her sinuses! UGH!
    Another article regarding sinuses and parasites.
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5525747_pa...nfections.html

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird7777777 View Post
    http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=2072063#i

Several comments here regarding DE and results. One person talks about parasites in her sinuses! UGH!
    Another article regarding sinuses and parasites.
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5525747_pa...nfections.html
    Did the person neti pot the DE to cure their sinuses?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo 5 View Post
    I would not do that as you could really scar your sinuses. I use a neti pot and only pure sea salt. My sea salt is pre Fuk. There is a commercial flush called NeliMed if you don't want to use sea salt. You don't put millions of tiny blades flushing through your sinuses.
    Last edited by Bubble Head; 06-26-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo 5 View Post
    The articles are posted to do your own research. I don't have time to answer questions when the links are right there.

Sorry! I wish I did but I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Head View Post
    I would not do that as you could really scar your sinuses. I use a neti pot and only pure sea salt. My sea salt is pre Fuk. There is a commercial flush called NeliMed if you don't want to use sea salt. You don't millions of tiny blades flushing through your sinuses.
    I figured as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird7777777 View Post
    The articles are posted to do your own research. I don't have time to answer questions when the links are right there.

Sorry! I wish I did but I don't.
    Sorry, I couldn't find the specific post, thought maybe you knew which one it was.

This is what I found at my local feed store, am I really to be ingesting something with pictures of chickens & goats and ducks??? Does Calcium Betonite make a difference? Going to start tomorrow if you guys give me the all clear on this particular product.

Please visit my video blog www.3MinuteDaily.com

Well, it's not pure DE. Calcium bentonite is CLAY...

While bentonite clay won't hurt you, it CAN absorb nutrients. Absolutely don't take that particular product within 2 hours of taking any important meds, or within an hour or two of eating.

Apparently, there are a bunch of folks out there who swear that clay does much the same as DE- removing toxins, etc. <shrug> Do your own research, as always.

Summerthyme

I personally would not get any DE that is not Perma Guard. There are some brands that say Food Grade on them but if you look in small print it says not for human consumption.

happygrandma... that's "CYA" language. If it says food grade, it IS safe for humans or other animals.

Summerthyme

[QUOTE=Ice Guy;4880778]This is what I found at my local feed store, am I really to be ingesting something with pictures of chickens & goats and ducks??? Does Calcium Betonite make a difference? Going to start tomorrow if you guys give me the all clear on this particular product.

Don't use this. Buy the PermaGuard. It only takes a few days to be shipped.
    LeV

Quote Originally Posted by Garryowen View Post
    When my RA first flared up, they put me through a ton of blood tests. One thing they discovered was that I had an "MGUS" whatever that is. Some kind of protein that can be a precursor to multiple myeloma. Soo, because of that the VA Hematologist wanted me to have an annual evaluation to see what was going on with this "thing."

I had my checkup last week, and he said that it seemed to be going away, and if the other lab came back okay, they wouldn't need to see me again. I have no idea whether it is related to DE or whether it is due to all the praying for needs on this board, but it makes sense to keep doing both.
    Truly amazing.
    LeV

[QUOTE=LeViolinist;4880965]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Guy View Post
    This is what I found at my local feed store, am I really to be ingesting something with pictures of chickens & goats and ducks??? Does Calcium Betonite make a difference? Going to start tomorrow if you guys give me the all clear on this particular product.

Don't use this. Buy the PermaGuard. It only takes a few days to be shipped.
    I have to agree with you on this!

Here is an example - was at a shop here - the Soil Mender brand:

Soil Mender Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade

The label says Food Grade, but then in smaller print says not for human consumption. I said I personally would not use anything other than PermaGuard. Everyone has to make their own choices - that's just mine after reading about some other kinds.

This is what I've been taking: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$23 for ten pounds including the shipping and it ships the same day you order it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Stormie, I find that fascinating because someone had PM'd me about how bad their bladder was doing before DE. They seemed to have almost a constant UTI type of problem with their bladder and all of that is gone. I had been going through the exact same thing and DE has resolved that. I have to laugh that you were scanning your own bladder cause I would've been doing the same thing! Perhaps the same kind of thing has happened in our bladders.
    Reborn, I'm glad you thought it funny and related to me scanning myself! Most of us in imaging, radiology, CT, MRI etc pretty much check ourselves out way before we ever consider going to the doctor. I'm really excited about all the positive benefits we are experiencing from this experiment of using DE!

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinGardener View Post
    This is what I've been taking: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$23 for ten pounds including the shipping and it ships the same day you order it.
    I'm taking this one, also from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Diatomaceous-E...rth+food+grade
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

Quote Originally Posted by duchess47 View Post
    I'm taking this one, also from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Diatomaceous-E...rth+food+grade
    That is what I am taking as well. According to the card that came with it, it has perma guard in it. Doesn't that just make it from caking or sticking together?

At any rate been on it about 4-5 weeks. I have been chronic constipated forever. Now for the past week or so...no problem. It also seems like there is small pieces that look like skin (kinda like when you peel a sunburn) I am figuring it is cleaning out the intestine walls and colon.
    May God be with us in the coming days

I get mine from goat supply catologs.

We went to the local farm store and got a 50# bag of Perma Guard for $28. including our 8.9% state tax the other day. Couldn't be happier to have enough to share with family/friends now!
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Permaguard is oftentimes just repackaged and sold under a different brandname. Most of it comes from the mine in Utah (I believe that is where it is from). I bought mine at a local nursery under the brand GaiaGreen(.com) and it is Codex food grade. Probably Permaguard repackaged. All the nursuries around here sell this brand.

I wouldn't use the Red Lake brand though. It is definitely not Permaguard. I have used Bentonite and don't like it.

Here's a picture of my finger that had a lump (at the dot) about the size of a small pea.
    The lump had been there for at least 5 years; sometimes it hurt, and it began deforming the nailbed on the left; depressing it about an eighth inch, and the depression was a scarlet-bluish color.
    All better!
    PS. This nail still has a bit of ridging from the years of depression, as you can see in the picture.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by LeViolinist; 06-27-2013 at 06:10 AM. Reason: added PS
    LeV

I too had the same things in my stool. But as time went on they became bigger and all the time. Then I had a bout with severe diarrhea that has lasted for over three weeks now. I have not been able to leave my house but a couple of times in these weeks. Now the chunks are large and turning yellow and seem to indicate infection. I am going to the doctor today but I hurt inside and I am convinced I have an infection. Did DE cause it?? I don't know but after watching all those pieces I am starting to think so. I quit taking it yesterday until I find out what is going on.

I too think it started as skin pieces and some how go infected. Maybe it does too good of a job cleaning out some people??

Quote Originally Posted by rafter View Post
    That is what I am taking as well. According to the card that came with it, it has perma guard in it. Doesn't that just make it from caking or sticking together?

At any rate been on it about 4-5 weeks. I have been chronic constipated forever. Now for the past week or so...no problem. It also seems like there is small pieces that look like skin (kinda like when you peel a sunburn) I am figuring it is cleaning out the intestine walls and colon.

Brokenwings, I hope it's nothing serious.

Brokenwings, I'm sending prayers that the Dr finds the problem. Prayers for healing.

Brokenwings,
    Where did you buy your DE? DE is pretty much inert except for the tracemin's. There isn't supposed to be anything in it that would cause an infection. Please do see your doctor and let us know what he says.
    And we're praying for you too.
    LeV

My husband is finally convinced to start taking the DE again. He had started with me but quit. He reported to me today that he has passed some worms in his stool. I think he will continue to take it now. I plan to start giving it to my 97 year old mom. She's in hospice and went out to nursing home for 5 days to give us a respite and came home with bed sores on both heels. Hospice nurse now tells me there are changes in Medicare and they are cutting her off from hospice care within two weeks. I am devastated so I guess we are on our own in taking care of her. I'm hoping the DE will help cure her bedsores on her heels. I guess in Medicare's eyes she isn't dying fast enough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    My husband is finally convinced to start taking the DE again. He had started with me but quit. He reported to me today that he has passed some worms in his stool. I think he will continue to take it now. I plan to start giving it to my 97 year old mom. She's in hospice and went out to nursing home for 5 days to give us a respite and came home with bed sores on both heels. Hospice nurse now tells me there are changes in Medicare and they are cutting her off from hospice care within two weeks. I am devastated so I guess we are on our own in taking care of her. I'm hoping the DE will help cure her bedsores on her heels. I guess in Medicare's eyes she isn't dying fast enough for them.
    Prayers for your family. Please let me know how she does with DE. I haven't tried to give it to mine, she is 93 and has lots of issues.

Loon- look into "sugardine"- you mix white sugar and Betadine, and pack the sores with it. It heals them better/faster than almost anything...

Unfortunately, "hospice" is designed for people with less than 6 months to live. If your mom doesn't have other health issues (a definite terminal illness), it's possible for her to live longer than that- no one really knows how long our very old elderly can live. So I can understand them saying she's not eligible for hospice care, but you should be able to get some sort of respite care, just not under hospice.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Guy View Post

I have some of this brand and I wouldn't even put it on my dogs, much less take it myself.

Judy

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Loon- look into "sugardine"- you mix white sugar and Betadine, and pack the sores with it. It heals them better/faster than almost anything...

Unfortunately, "hospice" is designed for people with less than 6 months to live. If your mom doesn't have other health issues (a definite terminal illness), it's possible for her to live longer than that- no one really knows how long our very old elderly can live. So I can understand them saying she's not eligible for hospice care, but you should be able to get some sort of respite care, just not under hospice.

Summerthyme
    Most Nursing care facilities do offer respite care. In my area it costs about $500 per day. Nothing that I can afford......Neither health ins nor medicare will cover respite.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenwings View Post
    I too had the same things in my stool. But as time went on they became bigger and all the time. Then I had a bout with severe diarrhea that has lasted for over three weeks now. I have not been able to leave my house but a couple of times in these weeks. Now the chunks are large and turning yellow and seem to indicate infection. I am going to the doctor today but I hurt inside and I am convinced I have an infection. Did DE cause it?? I don't know but after watching all those pieces I am starting to think so. I quit taking it yesterday until I find out what is going on.

I too think it started as skin pieces and some how go infected. Maybe it does too good of a job cleaning out some people??
    BW, I am sorry to hear you are having this trouble. Pain is not a good sign. Bleeding?

The gut is able to create a mucuous layer as a defence mechanism. I know because 18 years ago I passed fluorescent green/purple mucous. It was quite a bit. But that was it. It came out in one fell swoop. So to speak. The human body is capable of doing some pretty bizarre things in it's attempt to maintain some kind of homeostasis. Just sayin.

I am wondering what your source of DE has been. Is it Codex food grade, for sure?

Thinking of your health issue and hope you are able to find help for it.

Brokenwings- I'd STOP taking the DE NOW, if you haven't already. Buckster is right in that a healthy gut is lined with a heavy mucous layer... it *shouldn't* be possible for DE to cause damage to the lining under normal conditions.

But clearly SOMETHING is causing serious irritation in your bowel. Since you have available medical care, that's the best place to start. But if they blow you off, or otherwise aren't helpful, consider taking licorice root for a couple of weeks. I've seen it heal SERIOUS bowel damage (in cattle)- to the point where the lining of the bowel was sloughing off. Those severe cases used to die on us, or end up being sold as "poor doers". Licorice saves them. As always, do your own research, and avoid licorice if you have high blood pressure or kidney issues. (you should be able to take the DGL type, but I'm honestly not sure if it works on inflammation as well as the whole root)

Summerthyme

Thank you Lilbitsnana! I am called Nana too!! Love that!

The doctor thinks it is either C-Dif which is an infection of the Colon from taking antibiotics for my sinus infection or dysentary from ??? I had to do a stool sample and wait till next week or I can buy a prescription for the only thing left to take for it since I am allergic to the antibiotic normally given for $500!! I am in pain so I am considering buying it tomorrow and I am worried since it's serious. It could
    also be a problem in my colon but I know there is infection there so I am thinking the C-Dif.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbitsnana View Post
    Brokenwings, I hope it's nothing serious.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I need your prayers now. It is serious as I wrote on the post above this one. Bless you!

Quote Originally Posted by Caregiver View Post
    Brokenwings, I'm sending prayers that the Dr finds the problem. Prayers for healing.

I bought the Food Grade PermaGuard. I hope it didnt' cause my problem as it was keeping my blood pressure down but as I wrote on my other post it is probably caused by the antibiotic I took for my sinus infection. I appreciate your prayers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeViolinist View Post
    Brokenwings,
    Where did you buy your DE? DE is pretty much inert except for the tracemin's. There isn't supposed to be anything in it that would cause an infection. Please do see your doctor and let us know what he says.
    And we're praying for you too.

Summerthyme,

I did quit taking the DE two days ago. I just didn't want to take any more chances. I hope it is the C-Dif I talked about in a couple of posts ago. That will be easier to heal that a lot of other things. Just expensive. I appreciate the info on the Licorice. I have stage three high blood pressure and now that I quit taking the DE my blood pressure is back up to 130/90 again! And I am on two different blood
    pressure pills! Do you know anything natural to take care of BP??

Thank so much!

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Brokenwings- I'd STOP taking the DE NOW, if you haven't already. Buckster is right in that a healthy gut is lined with a heavy mucous layer... it *shouldn't* be possible for DE to cause damage to the lining under normal conditions.

But clearly SOMETHING is causing serious irritation in your bowel. Since you have available medical care, that's the best place to start. But if they blow you off, or otherwise aren't helpful, consider taking licorice root for a couple of weeks. I've seen it heal SERIOUS bowel damage (in cattle)- to the point where the lining of the bowel was sloughing off. Those severe cases used to die on us, or end up being sold as "poor doers". Licorice saves them. As always, do your own research, and avoid licorice if you have high blood pressure or kidney issues. (you should be able to take the DGL type, but I'm honestly not sure if it works on inflammation as well as the whole root)

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by LeViolinist View Post
    Here's a picture of my finger that had a lump (at the dot) about the size of a small pea.
    The lump had been there for at least 5 years; sometimes it hurt, and it began deforming the nailbed on the left; depressing it about an eighth inch, and the depression was a scarlet-bluish color.
    All better!
    PS. This nail still has a bit of ridging from the years of depression, as you can see in the picture.
    I noticed a lump on my finger a couple weeks ago. It was bigger in diameter than a pea, but not so thick. I thought I might have hit it or something. When you posted your picture, I noticed it was about where mine was, so I looked at it. It is about a quarter of the size it was, maybe less. And there seems to be a little hair returning to my scalp. Go figure. Now, when I don't care anymore, it shows up again. LOL
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn