Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG BOSTON BOMBER IN CUSTODY, Post 1815 Three More Arrested!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,800 of 1855
    Quote Originally Posted by Hognutz View Post
    and another...
    What I would like to know is what "LP Armed" stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    As much as I want this guy punished to the full extent of the law, I don't want senators (of all things) telling us how to prosecute him.

Once they declare (wacky judges that may do the interpreting) that his rights were violated, he's gone.
    Which could bring up another danger. Say they let him loose, and the congress writes up another law to cover this, what happens to the rest of us?
    Then they could make exception in any event.......including one of us that were charged with a crime.

The Miranda warning is one of the most powerful instruments that protects us all.
    Before the warning there were rubber hoses, sleep deprivation and just plain fists to the guts to get a confession. And worse examples of course.
    All reading Miranda rights does is allow evidence obtained from questioning and subsequent confessions to be used in a trial. If they already have the deadwood on the guy and it sure seems they have here, they don't need to read him his rights. Any evidence obtained later is of no use for his trial but might be very useful for other things, like finding out if he acted alone.
    "The misfortune of many is the consolation of fools" Ancient proverb

No change:

@FBIPressOffice tweeted:

Update: Hospital reports Boston Marathon suspect's condition as 'serious' - ‏
    @FBIPressOffice

6 mins ago from twitter.com by editor
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Scrawny thing, ain't he?

Throw him back...
    Attached Images

Boy is it hard to keep up with these threads.

I thought the mother was living in the USA
    because she was arrested at Lord & Taylor.

How is it that the mother called from outside
    of the USA? She is not here, when did she
    leave? Is she in Chechnya?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    I wouldn't be able to keep quiet.

Post this picture of their Dad to her wall and make sure to point out the flag of jihad behind him.

Then post some of the information found here.
    http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...n-to-Americans

Love her or not, the degree of arrogance in her statement needs a reality check.
    I saw a video on CNN, if any one cares t oget it. showing them trying to speak with their father in rusia, this man is not there father, but he is wanted I think in Russia and a few other places, he is a terrorist.
    Not saying that their father isn't , just saying this is not dear old dad.
    blessings to all momof23goats

Quote Originally Posted by Hognutz View Post
    But his heat sig......
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    I'd assumed they had copters going around town looking for heat sigs, to make sure he wasn't hiding in a wooded lot somewhere. They were scrutinizing a relatively small area, why did they not do this? Searching houses one by one doesn't make much sense if you aren't searching the yards, vacant lots, etc. If you find a heat signature large enough to be human where you don't expect to see one, send an officer to check it out. Seems simple enough.

The mother and father returned to Russia about a year ago, I had heard. She speaks English fairly well. The father is either faking that he cannot or he really never learned it. I would think he could speak it as he was here about 9 years or so.

He was shot in the throat..... but he will still be able to write, I'm sure.

Update: Boston bombing suspect has throat injuries, may not be able to talk, official says
    - @CNN

6 mins ago from www.cnn.com by editor

----------

Official: Boston bombing suspect suffered a throat injury, may not be able to talk

updated 7:55 PM EDT, Sat April 20, 2013

The surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings suffered an injury to his throat and may not be able to talk, a federal official told CNN on Saturday, possibly hindering attempts by authorities to question him about a motive in the attack.

With one suspect dead, authorities believe answers to a motive and whether the brothers had help rest with Dzhokar Tsarnaev, who was captured Friday night after a shootout just minutes after authorities had indicated that a massive manhunt for the 19-year-old suspect appeared to come up empty.

The official, who was briefed on Tsarnaev's condition, spoke on condition of anonymity.

Continued at link:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/20/us/bos...ack/index.html
    Watch this video

Update: Boston bombing suspect has throat injuries, may not be able to talk, official says - @CNN
    ‎Today, ‎April ‎20, ‎2013, ‏‎8 minutes ago

---

ETA - Alex Jones is going to have a stroke .....
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    He was shot in the throat..... but he will still be able to write, I'm sure.
    Or type -- give him a keyboard, with everything he types going to a Word document. Most kids these days can type incredibly fast, but if not then hand him a smartphone (with no cell service active) and let him use that keyboard with his thumbs -- ALL kids that age can text with their fingers flying.

CNN is saying that he is, at present, unconscious. He was conscious getting out of the boat. But now he is unconscious. Could have happened from blood loss. But makes me wonder if they are keeping him that heavily sedated or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Troke View Post
    All reading Miranda rights does is allow evidence obtained from questioning and subsequent confessions to be used in a trial. If they already have the deadwood on the guy and it sure seems they have here, they don't need to read him his rights. Any evidence obtained later is of no use for his trial but might be very useful for other things, like finding out if he acted alone.
    Troke, just about the time I think you are turning into an all right guy, you get amnesia. How's that?
    Why oh why would you want to lecture me about the Miranda Warning?
    I was around cop work before the Miranda warning and then went through all the changes in it, and then USED the Miranda warning in my job.
    Please pay attention. In fact it might be good to write a note to yourself.

I won't go into the flaws of your logic on not using the Miranda warning now.
    Sigh.

The FBI was last night hunting a 12-strong terrorist “sleeper cell” linked to the Boston marathon bomb brothers.

Police believe Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev were specially trained to carry out the devastating attack.

More than 1,000 FBI agents were last night working to track down the cell and arrested a man and two women 60 miles from Boston in the hours before Dzhokhar’s dramatic capture after a bloody shootout on Friday.

A source close to the investigation said: “We have no doubt the brothers were not acting alone. The devices used to detonate the two bombs were highly sophisticated and not the kind of thing people learn from Google.

“They were too advanced. Someone gave the brothers the skills and it is now our job to find out just who they were. Agents think the sleeper cell has up to a dozen members and has been waiting several years for their day to come.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...trong-1844844?

Remember: this cell is ACTIVE.

Someone posted this elsewhere. I think it's odd, if nothing else. I can't tell if in this shot the kid has a backpack on or not, but I certainly do see that the Craft guy lost his own somewhere along the way. See what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjocG...ayer_embedded#!

Am on a business vacation of sorts, but needed to log in to post this because it's some huge information and haven't seen it posted yet here:

The big questions buzzing over Boston Bombers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev have a single answer: It emerged in the 102 tense hours between the twin Boston Marathon bombings Monday, April 15 – which left three dead, 180 injured and a police officer killed at MIT - and Dzohkhar’s capture Friday, April 19 in Watertown.

The conclusion reached by debkafile’s counterterrorism and intelligence sources is that the brothers were double agents, hired by US and Saudi intelligence to penetrate the Wahhabi jihadist networks which, helped by Saudi financial institutions, had spread across the restive Russian Caucasian.

Instead, the two former Chechens betrayed their mission and went secretly over to the radical Islamist networks.

By this tortuous path, the brothers earned the dubious distinction of being the first terrorist operatives to import al Qaeda terror to the United States through a winding route outside the Middle East – the Caucasus.

This broad region encompasses the autonomous or semi-autonomous Muslim republics of Dagestan, Ingushetia, Kabardino-Balkaria, Chechnya, North Ossetia and Karachyevo-Cherkesiya, most of which the West has never heard of.

Moscow however keeps these republics on a tight military and intelligence leash, constantly putting down violent resistance by the Wahhabist cells, which draw support from certain Saudi sources and funds from the Riyadh government for building Wahhabist mosques and schools to disseminate the state religion of Saudi Arabia.
    The Saudis feared that their convoluted involvement in the Caucasus would come embarrassingly to light when a Saudi student was questioned about his involvement in the bombng attacks while in a Boston hospital with badly burned hands.

They were concerned to enough to send Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saudi al-Faisal to Washington Wednesday, April 17, in the middle of the Boston Marathon bombing crisis, for a private conversation with President Barack Obama and his national security adviser Tom Donilon on how to handle the Saudi angle of the bombing attack.
    That day too, official Saudi domestic media launched an extraordinary three-day campaign. National and religious figures stood up and maintained that authentic Saudi Wahhabism does not espouse any form of terrorism or suicide jihadism and the national Saudi religion had nothing to do with the violence in Boston. “No matter what the nationality and religious of the perpetrators, they are terrorists and deviants who represent no one but themselves.”

Prince Saud was on a mission to clear the 30,000 Saudi students in America of suspicion of engaging in terrorism for their country or religion, a taint which still lingers twelve years after 9/11. He was concerned that exposure of the Tsarnaev brothers’ connections with Wahhabist groups in the Caucasus would revive the stigma.

The Tsarnaevs' recruitment by US intelligence as penetration agents against terrorist networks in southern Russia explains some otherwise baffling features of the event:
    1. An elite American college in Cambridge admitted younger brother Dzhokhar and granted him a $2,500 scholarship, without subjecting him to the exceptionally stiff standard conditions of admission. This may be explained by his older brother Tamerlan demanding this privilege for his kid brother in part payment for recruitment.
    2. When in 2011, a “foreign government” (Russian intelligence) asked the FBI to screen Tamerlan for suspected ties to Caucasian Wahhabist cells during a period in which they had begun pledging allegiance to al Qaeda, the agency, it was officially revealed, found nothing incriminating against him and let him go after a short interview.

He was not placed under surveillance. Neither was there any attempt to hide the fact that he paid a long visit to Russia last year and on his return began promoting radical Islam on social media.
    Yet even after the Boston marathon bombings, when law enforcement agencies, heavily reinforced by federal and state personnel, desperately hunted the perpetrators, Tamerlan Tsarnaev was never mentioned as a possible suspect

3. Friday, four days after the twin explosions at the marathon finishing line, the FBI released footage of Suspect No. 1 in a black hat and Suspect No. 2 in a white hat walking briskly away from the crime scene, and appealed to the public to help the authorities identify the pair.
    We now know this was a charade. The authorities knew exactly who they were. Suddenly, during the police pursuit of their getaway car from the MIT campus on Friday, they were fully identified. The brother who was killed in the chase was named Tamerlan, aged 26, and the one who escaped, only to be hunted down Saturday night hiding in a boat, was 19-year old Dzhokhar.

Our intelligence sources say that we may never know more than we do today about the Boston terrorist outrage which shook America – and most strikingly, Washington - this week. We may not have the full story of when and how the Chechen brothers were recruited by US intelligence as penetration agents – any more than we have got to the bottom of tales of other American double agents who turned coat and bit their recruiters.

Here is just a short list of some of the Chechen brothers’ two-faced predecessors:

In the 1980s, an Egyptian called Ali Abdul Saoud Mohamed offered his services as a spy to the CIA residence in Cairo. He was hired, even though he was at the time the official interpreter of Ayman al-Zuwahiri, then Osama bin Laden’s senior lieutenant and currently his successor.

He accounted for this by posing as a defector. But then, he turned out to be feeding al Qaeda US military secrets. Later, he was charged with Al Qaeda’s 1998 bombings of US embassies in Nairobi and Dar es-Salaam.
    On Dec. 30, 2009, the Jordanian physician Humam Khalil al-Balawi, having gained the trust of US intelligence in Afghanistan as an agent capable of penetrating al Qaeda’s top ranks, detonated a bomb at a prearranged rendezvous in Kost, killing the four top CIA agents in the country.
    Then, there was the French Muslim Mohamed Merah. He was recruited by French intelligence to penetrate Islamist terror cells in at least eight countries, including the Caucasus. At the end of last year, he revealed his true spots in deadly attacks on a Jewish school in Toulouse and a group of French military commandoes.

The debate has begun over the interrogation of the captured Boston bomber Dzhokhar Tsarmayev when he is fit for questioning after surgery for two bullet wounds and loss of blood. The first was inflicted during the police chase in which his brother Tamerlan was killed.

An ordinary suspect would be read his rights (Miranda) and be permitted a lawyer. In his case, the “public safety exemption” option may be invoked, permitting him to be questioned without those rights, provided the interrogation is restricted to immediate public safety concerns. President Barack Obama is also entitled to rule him an “enemy combatant” and so refer him to a military tribunal and unrestricted grilling.

According to debkafile’s counter terror sources, four questions should top the interrogators' agenda:

a) At what date did the Tsarnaev brothers turn coat and decide to work for Caucasian Wahhabi networks?

b) Did they round up recruits for those networks in the United States - particularly, among the Caucasian and Saudi communities?
    c) What was the exact purpose of the Boston Marathon bombings and their aftermath at MIT in Watertown?
    d) Are any more terrorist attacks in the works in other American cities?
    http://www.debka.com/article/22914/T...to-terror-trap
    The world has achieved brilliance without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we do about peace, more about killing than we do about living. If we continue to develop our technology without wisdom or prudence, our servant may prove to be our executioner. - General Omar Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    Troke, just about the time I think you are turning into an all right guy, you get amnesia. How's that?
    Why oh why would you want to lecture me about the Miranda Warning?
    I was around cop work before the Miranda warning and then went through all the changes in it, and then USED the Miranda warning in my job.
    Please pay attention. In fact it might be good to write a note to yourself.

I won't go into the flaws of your logic on not using the Miranda warning now.
    Sigh.
    Well, you said; Once they declare (wacky judges that may do the interpreting) that his rights were violated, he's gone.

I disagree. Based on what they seem to have, they don't need any more evidence to convict him. Gonna be tough to release him. Now I suppose that some judge might let him go, but one does have to gamble that against the possibility that he might actually have something to tell us.

But lawyered up by the ACLU? We'd learn nothing.

And I was around law enforcement when Miranda went into effect. Never saw an innocent person protected but saw some get away with murder..literally. In both cases, the judge held that the Miranda warning had to be read each time the person was questioned.
    "The misfortune of many is the consolation of fools" Ancient proverb

Update: Police say bombing suspects used their carjacking victim's ATM card before gunfight with authorities
    - @AP

18 mins ago from www.boston.com by editor

------------

Police: Suspects used carjack victim's ATM card
    AP / April 20, 2013

WATERTOWN, Mass. (AP) — Police say the Boston Marathon bombing suspects used their carjacking victim’s ATM card before a gunfight with authorities.

Watertown Police Chief Edward Deveau says the suspects also told the carjacking victim they bombed Monday’s race and killed a police officer.

A car chase and shootout ensued when a Watertown officer saw the two brothers in different cars and followed them.

The suspects exchanged gunfire with police, wounding a transit officer and tossing a bomb and two hand grenades.

Deveau says Tamerlan Tsarnaev (tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) ran out of ammunition and police tackled him, before Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-KHAR’ tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) drove the carjacking victim’s Mercedes toward them.

Police dove out of the way and the Mercedes dragged the other suspect’s body down the block.

Police negotiated Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s surrender after a resident saw him in his boat hours later.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...y7L/story.html

http://alyssalindley.tumblr.com/post...boston-bombers
    (fair use applies) EXCERPT

I’ve met the Boston Bombers
    By Alyssa Lindley Kilzer
    April 19, 2013

I started getting facials from Zubeidat Tsarnaeva (pronounced Zu-bey-da) six years ago when I was 17 at a spa in the Boston area. She soon after left the spa and contacted my mom to have us start coming to her house, at 410 Norfolk St., right on the line of Cambridge and Somerville. All throughout my senior year of high school and four years of college I went to her house about three times a year. The last time I went to the house was in December and January of 2011/2012.

The first few years the third-floor apartment was often crowded with her two sons, now identified as the alleged Boston Bombers, and her two daughters, one of which was around my age. It was definitely not a glamorous place to get a facial, as the “spa” was set up in her living room, and during these years the family expanded. The staircase was crowded with their shoes, the house filled with noises of arguing, cooking, etc. She would often apologize for this. Her daughters and Dzhokar, the younger son, always struck me as perfectly nice and normal kids about my age. As far as I knew the daughters also attended Rindge (the local public high school) along with their brother. She gave a damn good facial, often working on my skin for two or three hours, and this is why my sister, mom and I continued to go back to her home for years.

During this time first one of Zubeidat’s daughters, and then the other, were set up in arranged marriages, and started having kids. This was something I found slightly disturbing, as one was just my age (18-19) and didn’t seem to be happily married. Within two years I heard that she had been beaten badly and eventually filed for divorce, which was at first against her mother’s wishes. Later Zubeidat said that she had accepted the divorce because it was an unhappy marriage. Her daughter then moved back into the house with her child. Her younger son, Dzhokar, was often in the room or the room next door looking after his nephew while I was getting my facial. There were usually issues with parking on her crowded Cambridge Street. Sometimes she would have Dzhokar go down to the street to put the visitor-parking pass into my car window (Yes, I gave him my car keys). Once he moved my car, which made me nervous, as the street was so crowded and parking spots so small. Dzhokar was always friendly to me and seemed easy going. In 2010-11, there was a day when Dzhokar wasn’t home, so Zubeidat took the parking pass out to the street for me. I noticed that she first put on a hijab before going outside. She had never worn a hijab while working at the spa previously, or inside the house, and I was really surprised.

Between 2008 and 2012 I got to know her pretty well. During those 2-3 hours I spent a lot of time asking her about her personal life, background and her family. (I’m a writer and tend to ask people exhaustive questions about their personal lives, especially as interesting a character as this.) The hijab shouldn’t have surprised me so much, because she had become increasingly religious while I was in college. She often mentioned Allah, and the lessons of the Koran. “Allah will reward him,” she said once about my brother, when I told her that my brother and mom were close, and that I thought my brother would take care of my mom later in life. She started to refuse to see boys that had gone through puberty, as she had consulted a religious figure and he had told her it was sacrilegious. She was often fasting. She told me that she had cried for days when her oldest son, Tamerlan, told her that he wanted to move out, going against her culture’s tradition of the son staying in the house with the mother until marriage. She started saying things like, “Don’t worry, there aren’t men in the house today,” when I asked if I could use the bathroom, which I thought was kind of funny at the time, since I didn’t mind if there were men in the apartment or not.

In my last year of college I was getting a facial from her, and asking her about why she had originally come to the United States with her family about eight or ten years previously. She told me that she and her husband had been lawyers and political activists in Russia. They had fled the country after “something that her husband did.” Her daughter had recently been divorced at this time, and her daughter’s ex-husband had taken their child to Russia, refusing to return him. Finally the child was returned. When my mom asked Zubeidat how they had gotten the child back, she told her that “my [Zubeidat’s] husband is crazy” and everyone knew it. When he threatened the daughter’s ex-husband’s family, they returned the child. During this facial session she started quoting a conspiracy theory, telling me that she thought 9-11 was purposefully created by the American government to make America hate Muslims. “It’s real,” she said, “My son knows all about it. You can read on the internet.” I have to say I felt kind of scared and vulnerable when she said this, as I am distinctly American, and was lying practically naked in her living room.

Throughout my years of knowing Zubeidat I certainly had more contact with her daughters, one of whom attended the Catherine Hinds Institute and aspired to open a spa, and Dzhokar, than with the older brother Tamerlan. Those three children were always friendly and kind to me. I think I only met Tamerlan twice, and he wasn’t friendly. Zubeidat certainly mentioned arguing with him, and being worried about him in general after he got his girlfriend pregnant. I never met Zubeidat’s husband. I know that a few years ago her husband got cancer, but she told us that the doctors had caught it early, and that he was doing well. She made one long trip to Russia in the period of 2011-2012.

While Zubeidat was very good at giving facials, I can say that her increased religious zeal and offensive political suggestions about 9-11 in part influenced my decision to not return to her home since January 2012. Those details aside, she struck me as a hard-working woman who cared a lot for her family. When my mom called me earlier today, telling me about how she had seen the picture of Dzhokar this morning and called the FBI, I couldn’t believe it. As her client for years I felt affection for Zubeidat and was very distraught to hear that her sons could have committed such horrific crimes. When I read online that she had left for Russia a few months ago, my first reaction was to think that she might have known about the attacks her sons were planning. Articles online suggest that she is in Russia because of her husband’s poor health. I know that her husband often went to Russia without her, and for extended periods of time. She was also very close with her sons and showed many signs of political leanings herself. Of course this is only my personal conjecture, and to my knowledge there is no proof about the parent’s involvement at all.

The actions of the two men have been atrocious beyond words. I wrote this story in order to help clarify some of the untruths I read online during the past few days, and I hope that any knowledge I have shared about the family can help investigators get to the bottom of these terrorist actions and not cause any further harm. Since writing the original article I have experienced enormous relief following the capture of Dzhokar. I continue to pray and think about the victims of the bombings and everyone in Boston.

Update: Uncle of bombing suspects says he had a falling-out with one of his nephews over his increased commitment to Islam
    - @CBSNews

8 mins ago from www.cbsnews.com by editor

An uncle of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects says he had a falling-out with one of his nephews because of the man's increased commitment to Islam.

Ruslan Tsarni says he grew concerned about Tamerlan Tsarnaev when he told him in a 2009 phone conversation that he had chosen "God's business" over work or school. Tsarni said he then contacted a family friend who told him Tsarnaev had been influenced by a recent convert to Islam.

Tsarni says their relationship ended after that call. The 26-year-old Tsarnaev was killed in a shootout with police Friday. His younger brother, 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, was captured that evening.

Tsarni says he was relieved his younger nephew was captured alive so he could seek forgiveness from the bombing victims.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...ut-over-islam/

CBS News: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev May Have Attempted Suicide Before Capture
    April 20, 2013 9:29 PM

BOSTON (CBS) — Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the Boston Marathon bombings suspect captured alive Friday, may have tried to commit suicide before he was apprehended, according to CBS News.

Tsarnaev suffered at least two bullet wounds — including one to his neck — before he was arrested in Watertown, CBS News security analyst John Miller said Saturday night.

The bullet wound to the neck, which has an exit wound in the back of the 19-year-old’s neck, “is very possibly a suicide attempt,” said Miller, a former assistant director at the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Miller also said the neck wound is the primary reason why Tsarnaev is unable to speak with investigators, who are hoping to interrogate the suspect to find out, among other factors, whether he and his older brother acted alone in the bombing attack on the Boston Marathon.

Three people were killed and more than 180 injured in the two bomb blasts near the Boston Marathon finish line.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/2...efore-capture/

CNN reporter has said that Tsarnaev is intubated and on a respirator. I am wondering why? I mean he got out of the boat on his own. What did they do to him in surgery? I can understand that after his neck surgery he might be intubated. But they are saying he is unconscious and on a respirator. As a retired RN I feel that something is a bit fishy. The person reporting on CNN said that even though he was on a respirator he was breathing on his own. Unless things have changed since I retired, one doesnt usually go on a respirator if they can breathe on their own.

Are they keeping him so sedated that he is unconscious now? I am just shaking my head in confusion about all this. CNN said he was listed as in serious but stable condition. In my day if someone was stable they didnt need a respirator. Anyone got more info on this that might ease my confusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Libbybear View Post
    CNN reporter has said that Tsarnaev is intubated and on a respirator. I am wondering why? I mean he got out of the boat on his own. What did they do to him in surgery? I can understand that after his neck surgery he might be intubated. But they are saying he is unconscious and on a respirator. As a retired RN I feel that something is a bit fishy. The person reporting on CNN said that even though he was on a respirator he was breathing on his own. Unless things have changed since I retired, one doesnt usually go on a respirator if they can breathe on their own.

Are they keeping him so sedated that he is unconscious now? I am just shaking my head in confusion about all this. CNN said he was listed as in serious but stable condition. In my day if someone was stable they didnt need a respirator. Anyone got more info on this that might ease my confusion?
    This link says he is intubated AND sedated:

*snip*

Authorities have not publicly detailed the injuries sustained by the teen, but an official who has been briefed said Tsarnaev has been "intubated and sedated." The official also spoke on condition of anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by Libbybear View Post

You're the nurse. I think you cleared up a lot for all of us.

Maybe it's just "easier" to keep him knocked out at the moment. Then he can't thrash around or cause "problems."

Maybe it's just "easier" to keep him knocked out at the moment. Then he can't thrash around or cause "problems."
    Thrashing around? Like a loose cannon?

They can't give Bomber Boy the same message they gave the Burn Hand Prince because they got nothing on Bomber Boy. Burn Hand is er, broken. Meanwhile BB has already shown he is an untrustworthy mount and so they keep the consciousness tether on him.

Meanwhile, if Bomber Boy should just er, "expire" it would leave a lot unanswerable and this would suit TPTB - but hard to do now that BB is center ring.

It is probably well for America generally that Bomber Boy's attempted swan song in the boat was performed in front of helicopter and media. At least a possibility for the truth to be known came out of it.

Slim possibility.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Intubation is standard treatment for gunshot wounds to the neck--preserves the airway. Sedation is necessary to intubate someone who is conscious. Continued sedation while the tube is in place is generally a good idea because the tubes aren't exactly comfortable and patients will get agitated. Is he on a vent? Who knows? Reporters are pretty sloppy these days with details.
    "This place is fantastic! It's like "Gone With The Wind" on mescaline. They walk imaginary pets here...and they're all heavily armed and drunk..."
    Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

And on top of that, BK, if doctors think you are a candidate for what we call "R" wing around here, they'll keep you pretty medded up for days. Standard treatment.

What is it about Post 1776...?

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.B. View Post
    What is it about Post 1776...?
    This bothered me, because in my eyes jihadi/wahabi/radical/islamist all mean the same thing, so it doesn't make any sense to me:

The conclusion reached by debkafile’s counterterrorism and intelligence sources is that the brothers were double agents, hired by US and Saudi intelligence to penetrate the Wahhabi jihadist networks which, helped by Saudi financial institutions, had spread across the restive Russian Caucasian.

Instead, the two former Chechens betrayed their mission and went secretly over to the radical Islamist networks.

This link says he is intubated AND sedated:

*snip*

Authorities have not publicly detailed the injuries sustained by the teen, but an official who has been briefed said Tsarnaev has been "intubated and sedated." The official also spoke on condition of anonymity.

Oh, now he's a "teen"!!! puke

Anyone intubated HAS to be sedated. Or they freak out and try to rip it out, it's so hellishly uncomfortable and painful. It is SOP.
    Asato Ma Sad Gamaya
    Tamaso Ma Jyotir Gamaya

Leave illusion, come to the Truth
    Leave the darkness, come to the Light

Someone posted this elsewhere. I think it's odd, if nothing else. I can't tell if in this shot the kid has a backpack on or not, but I certainly do see that the Craft guy lost his own somewhere along the way. See what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjocG...ayer_embedded#!

Mzkitty, That guy who posted that video is a total fraud and here's why. The photo he shows of the contractor with the black backpack on "before", is incorrect. That photo of him was taken "after" the bombing took place. And here it is blown up to original size. That guy is under the "now here.
    Attached Images

Here is the rest of the story about the guy in the bombing in the wheel chair with his leg bones sticking out. My hat is off to him.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wor...-1226625202011

Boston bombers were revealed to police in eight words written by hero runner Jeff Bauman, who helped with manhunt
    • byAVID WILLIAMS AND TOM LEONARD
    • April 21, 20139:18AM
    BOSTON'S extraordinary manhunt began with eight words, written down by one of the victims of the marathon bombing, who has now been hailed a hero.

He wrote: "Bag, saw the guy, looked right at me".

Jeff Bauman had been waiting for his girlfriend to cross the finish line when a man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt looked him in the eyes and dropped a bag at his feet.

Bombing suspect caught

Two and a half minutes later, the bag exploded, tearing the 27-year-old's legs apart.

A picture of him in a wheelchair, bloodied and ashen, was broadcast around the world as he was rushed to Boston Medical Centre. He lost both legs below the knee.

Jeff Bauman

An emergency responder and two volunteers, including Carlos Arredondo, centre in cowboy hat, push Jeff Bauman in a wheelchair after he was injured in an explosion near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on April 15. Picture: APSource: AP

The first thing he did when he came round, woozy from medication, was to ask his brother, Chris, for some paper and a pen.

The words he wrote down helped crack open the biggest terrorism case in the US since the 9/11 atrocity and confirmed the suspicions of FBI agents searching videos from the scene.

An official told CNN: "When the bombs blow up, when most people are running away and victims were lying on the ground, the two suspects walk away pretty casually. They acted differently than everyone else."

The FBI showed Mr Bauman the images and he was able to pick out the man he had seen.

Within hours the FBI had released photographs of Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev. Tip-offs came pouring in immediately.

Now Bauman is on the long, painful road to recovery, after his son also lost his lower limbs from the bombing. This is an earlier message he posted on Facebook after the attacks.

Jeff Bauman Snr Facebook

Jeff Bauman Snr posts an update about his son on Facebook.Source: Supplied

His friends have set up a fundraising page online called 'Bucks for Bauman' to help him cover the cost of his medical treatment.

Their goal is to reach $1 million dollars, and already, more than $375,000 in donations have been pledged.

The page states:"We have created this fundraiser to raise money to help support our dear friend, Jeff and his family. As most of you know, Jeff was severely affected by the tragedy that had taken place at the Patriots Day Boston Marathon this year. Throughout this difficult time we want to help in every which way we possibly can to get Bauman back on track as soon as possible.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence
    "We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are." - The Talmud

I don't think it says in the article above, but Jeff Bauman does not have medical insurance.

http://mashable.com/2013/04/19/bosto...bauman-donate/

Maybe some humans here could er, pony up.

Dobbin

Now in the grand scheme of things people will help, what decent people do
    On the other hand, as Obama and Moochelle showed great compassion for the Saudi when in Hospital, I am sure that Mooch will visit him and pay and all Hospital Bills, what a decent and honorable Prez and his spouse would do, but knowing these two, Mooch won't even give him a second though and Odumber will be angry at him for helping identify his mates in the Sunni regime
    The Gov't should pay for this Guys efforts and courage, they (Media) as well have painted a bullseye on his forehead by identifying him and posting his name and photo, now all the Bombers mates know who turned in their friends, hope he has security when in hospital

Correction on the Jeff Bauman report of no medical insurance. Per a comment at the site I referenced above...

Kristin
    14 hours ago
    @CostcoToday: Misinformation out there. #jeffbauman DOES have health insurance as @costco employee. http://t.co/L0JXq7i2T9"Employees at the Costco wholesale club where Jeff *Bauman works are rallying around the Boston Marathon bombing victim who lost both legs and is recovering at Boston Medical Center.Bauman, 27, has health *insurance to help cover what will be enormous medical bills, but his employer, Costco Wholesale Corp., is also matching donations made by colleagues at the chain’s Nashua location.“What is important is that he is covered and will be taken care of,” said Bob Nelson, a Costco executive."It goes on after that. Bottom line he does have health insurance, granted its probably not the greatest. But it also never said anywhere on the site to donate that he doesn't have insurance.

LPeople should be informed before donating. Especially since it sounds like they are going to be setting up an official trust... Just read @CostcoToday tweets.

Mshable something like this you guys should really do your homework on. Took me all of two minutes to find that he had health insurance. :-(
    In the interests of accuracy.

Dobbin

I don't know to imbed images, but this is worth a look. It was posted on another thread here by ST. Anyway, considering the topic, you might want to have a "looksee".

http://buelahman.wordpress.com/2013/...-do-you-think/

Very interesting thread to reread.
    He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day~

Boston marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is moved from hospital to prison, US marshals service says
    - @Reuters

13 mins ago by editor

In first interview, carjack victim recounts hours with Boston bombing suspects -
    @BostonDotCom

7 hours ago from www.boston.com by editor

---------

Carjack victim recounts his harrowing night

Comments (43) 04/25/2013 9:45 PM

The 26-year-old Chinese entrepreneur had just pulled his new Mercedes to the curb on Brighton Avenue to answer a text when an old sedan swerved behind him, slamming on the brakes. A man in dark clothes got out and approached the passenger window. It was nearly 11 p.m. last Thursday.

The man rapped on the glass, speaking quickly. Danny, unable to hear him, lowered the window -- and the man reached an arm through, unlocked the door, and climbed in, brandishing a silver handgun.

“Don’t be stupid,” he told Danny. He asked if he had followed the news about Monday’s Boston Marathon bombings. Danny had, down to the release of the grainy suspect photos less than six hours earlier.

“I did that,” said the man, who would later be identified as Tamerlan Tsarnaev. “And I just killed a policeman in Cambridge.”

He ordered Danny to drive -- right on Fordham Road, right again on Commonwealth Avenue -- the beginning of an achingly slow odyssey last Thursday night and Friday morning in which Danny felt the possibility of death pressing on him like a vise.

In an exclusive interview with the Globe on Thursday, Danny -- the victim of the Tsarnaev brothers’ much-discussed but previously little-understood carjacking -- filled in some of the last missing pieces in the timeline between the murder of MIT police officer Sean Collier, just before 10:30 p.m. on April 18, and the Watertown shootout that ended just before 1 a.m. Danny asked that he be identified only by his American nickname.

The story of that night unfolds like a Tarantino movie, bursts of harrowing action laced with dark humor and dialogue absurd for its ordinariness, reminders of just how young the men in the car were. Girls, credit limits for students, the marvels of the Mercedes ML 350 and the iPhone 5, whether anyone still listens to CDs -- all were discussed by the two 26-year-olds and the 19-year-old driving around on a Thursday night.

Danny described 90 harrowing minutes, first with the younger brother following in a second car, then with both brothers in the Mercedes, where they openly discussed driving to New York, though Danny could not make out if they were planning another attack. Throughout the ordeal, he did as they asked while silently analyzing every threatened command, every overheard snatch of dialogue for clues about where and when they might kill him.

“Death is so close to me,” Danny recalled thinking. His life had until that moment seemed ascendant, from a province in central China to graduate school at Northeastern University to a Kendall Square start-up.

“I don’t want to die,” he thought. “I have a lot of dreams that haven’t come true yet.”

After a zigzagging trek through Brighton, Watertown, and back to Cambridge, Danny would seize his chance for escape at the Shell Station on Memorial Drive, his break turning on two words -- “cash only” -- that had rarely seemed so welcome.

When the younger brother, Dzhokhar, was forced to go inside the Shell Food Mart to pay, older brother Tamerlan put his gun in the door pocket to fiddle with a navigation device -- letting his guard down briefly after a night on the run. Danny then did what he had been rehearsing in his head. In a flash, he unbuckled his seat belt, opened the door, stepped through, slammed it behind, and sprinted off at an angle that would be a hard shot for any marksman.

“F---!” he heard Tamerlan say, feeling the rush of a near-miss grab at his back, but the man did not follow. Danny reached the haven of a Mobil station across the street, seeking cover in the supply room, shouting for the clerk to call 911.

His quick-thinking escape, authorities say, allowed police to swiftly track down the Mercedes, abating a possible attack by the brothers on New York City and precipitating a wild shootout in Watertown that would seriously wound one officer, kill Tamerlan, and leave a severely injured Dzhokhar hiding in the neighborhood. He was caught the following night, ending a harrowing week across Greater Boston.

Danny spoke softly but steadily in a 2 1/2 hour interview at his Cambridge apartment with a Globe reporter and a Northeastern criminology professor, James Alan Fox, who had counseled Danny after the former graduate student approached his engineering adviser at Northeastern.

Danny, who offered his account only on the condition that the Globe not reveal his Chinese name, said he does not want attention. But he suspects his full name may come out if and when he testifies against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

“I don’t want to be a famous person talking on the TV,” Danny said, kneading his hands, uncomfortable with the praise he has received from the few friends he has shared the story with, some of whom encouraged him to go public. “I don’t feel like a hero. ... I was trying to save myself.”

Danny, trained as an engineer, made scrupulous mental notes of street signs and passing details, even as he abided the older Tsarnaev’s command not to study his face.

“Don’t look at me!” Tamerlan shouted at one point. “Do you remember my face?”

“No, no, I don’t remember anything,” he said.

Tamerlan laughed. “It’s like white guys, they look at black guys and think all black guys look the same,” he said. “And maybe you think all white guys look the same.”

“Exactly,” Danny said, though he thought nothing of the sort. It was one of many moments in their mental chess match, Danny playing up his outsider status in America and playing down his wealth -- he claimed the car was older than it was, and he understated his lease payments -- in a desperate hope of extending his life.

Danny had come to the US in 2009 for a master’s degree, graduated in January 2012, and returned to China to await a work visa. He came back two months ago, leasing a Mercedes and moving into a high-rise with two Chinese friends while diving into a startup. But he told Tamerlan he was still a student, and that he had been here barely a year. It seemed to help that Tamerlan had trouble understanding even Danny’s pronunciation of the word “China.”

“Oh, that’s why your English is not very good,” the brother replied, finally figuring it out. “OK, you’re Chinese ... I’m a Muslim.”

“Chinese are very friendly to Muslims!” Danny said. “We are so friendly to Muslims.”

When the ordeal had started, Danny prayed it would be a quick robbery. Tamerlan demanded money, but Danny had just $45 in cash -- kept in the armrest -- and a wallet full of plastic. Evidently disappointed to get so little out of holding up a $50,000 car, he told Danny to drive. The old sedan followed.

“Relax,” Tamerlan said, when Danny’s nerves made it hard for him to stay in the lane. Danny, recalling the moment, said “my heart is pounding so fast.”

They lapped Brighton and crossed the Charles River into Watertown, following Arsenal Street. Looking through Danny’s wallet, Tamerlan asked for his ATM code -- a friend’s birthdate.

Directed to a quiet neighborhood in East Watertown, Danny pulled up as told on an unfamiliar side street. The sedan stopped behind him. A man approached -- the skinnier, floppy-haired “Suspect No. 2” in the photos and videos released by investigators earlier that evening -- and Tamerlan got out, ordering Danny into the passenger seat, making it clear if he tried anything he would shoot him. For several minutes, the brothers transferred heavy objects from the smaller car into Danny’s SUV. “Luggage,” Danny thought.

With Tamerlan driving now, Danny in the passenger seat, and Dzhokhar behind Danny, they stopped in Watertown Center so Dzhokhar could withdraw money from the Bank of America ATM using Danny’s card. Danny, shivering from fear but claiming to be cold, asked for his jacket. Guarded by just one brother, Danny wondered if this was his chance, but he saw around him only locked storefronts. A police car drove by, lights off.

Tamerlan agreed to retrieve Danny’s jacket from the back seat. Danny unbuckled, put on the jacket, then tried to buckle the seatbelt behind him to make an escape easier.

“Don’t do that,” Tamerlan said, studying him. “Don’t be stupid.”

Danny thought about his burgeoning startup and about a girl he secretly liked in New York. “I think, ‘Oh my god, I have no chance to meet you again,’ ” he recalled.

Dzhokhar was back now. “We both have guns,” Tamerlan said, though Danny had not seen a second weapon.

He overheard them speak in a foreign language -- “Manhattan” the only intelligible word to him -- and then ask in English if Danny’s car could be driven out of state. “What do you mean?” Danny said, confused. “Like New York,” one of the brothers said.

They continued west on Route 20, in the direction of Waltham and Interstate 95, passing a police station. Danny tried to send telepathic messages to the officers inside, imagined dropping and rolling from the moving car.

Tamerlan asked him to turn on and demonstrate the radio. The older brother then quickly flipped through stations, seemingly avoiding the news. He asked if Danny had any CDs. No, he replied, he listens to music on his phone. The tank nearly empty, they stopped at a gas station, but the pumps were closed.

Doubling back, they returned to the Watertown neighborhood -- “Fairfield Street,” Danny saw on the sign this time -- and grabbed a few more things from the parked car, but nothing from the trunk. They put on an instrumental CD that sounded to Danny like a call to prayer.

Suddenly, Danny’s iPhone buzzed. A text from his roommate, wondering in Chinese where he was. Barking at Danny for instructions, Tamerlan used an English-to-Chinese app to text a clunky reply. “I am sick. I am sleeping in a friend’s place tonight.” In a moment, another text, then a call. No one answered. Seconds later, the phone rang again.

“If you say a single word in Chinese, I will kill you right now,” Tamerlan said. Danny understood. His roommate’s boyfriend was on the other end, speaking Mandarin. “I’m sleeping in my friend’s home tonight,” Danny replied in English. “I have to go.”

“Good boy,” Tamerlan said. “Good job.”

The SUV headed for the lights of Soldiers Field Road, banking across River Street to the two open gas stations. Dzhokhar went to fill up using Danny’s credit card, but quickly knocked on the window. “Cash only,” he said, at least at that hour. Tamerlan peeled off $50.

Danny watched Dzhokhar head to the store, struggling to decide if this was his moment -- until he stopped thinking about it, and let reflexes kick in.

“I was thinking I must do two things: unfasten my seatbelt and open the door and jump out as quick as I can. If I didn’t make it, he would kill me right out, he would kill me right away,” Danny said. “I just did it. I did it very fast, using my left hand and right hand simultaneously to open the door, unfasten my seatbelt, jump out...and go.”

The car faced west, upriver. Danny sprinted between the passenger side of the Mercedes and the pumps and darted into the street, not looking back, drawn to the lights of the Mobil.

“I didn’t know if it was open or not,” he said. “In that moment, I prayed.”

The brothers took off. The clerk, after brief confusion, dialed 911 on a portable phone, bringing it to Danny in the storeroom. The dispatcher told him to take a deep breath. The officers, arriving in minutes, took his story -- with Danny noting that the car could be tracked by his iPhone and by a two-way Mercedes satellite system known as mbrace. The clerk gave him a bottled water.

After an hour or more talking to authorities -- as the shootout and manhunt erupted in Watertown -- police brought Danny out to East Watertown for a “drive-by lineup,” studying faces of detained suspects in the street from the safety of a cruiser. He recognized none of them. He spent the night talking to local and state police and the FBI, appreciating the kindness of a state trooper who gave him a bagel and coffee. At 3 the next afternoon, they dropped Danny back in Cambridge.

“I think, Tamerlan is dead, I feel good, obviously safer. But the younger brother -- I don’t know,” Danny recalled thinking, wondering if Dzhokhar had discovered his address and would come looking for him. But the police knew the wallet and registration were still in the bullet-riddled Mercedes, and that a wounded Dzhokhar had likely not gotten very far. That night, they found him in a boat.

When news of the capture broke last Friday, Danny’s roommate called out to him from in front of the living room television. Danny was on the phone at the time, talking to the girl in New York.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013...JNN/story.html

Wow that story was written like a novel instead of a news story. Seems made up to me the way it reads. Why such little details? I think too many to sound real!