Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ENER Drive on wood BOOK is now out
+ Reply to Thread

Drive on wood BOOK is now out

Wayne Keith's book "Have Wood Will Travel" - Complete plans for the Keith gasifier -
    is now available.

i received my copy about a month ago and it is AWESOME.
    Keith's gasifier is like no other gasifier and this book contains step-by-step instructions on how to build your own. i asked Wayne how much he had in his unit (he's built at least 5 or so already) and he told me about 250 hours of welding and about $500 worth of scrap metal.

the emissions from the engine exhaust have been tested by a university and found to be cleaner than what is demanded by the California rules.

he drives about 5200 miles per cord of SOFTWOOD. even more on hardwood. (about twice as far...)

for those of you with acres of forest that undoubtedly has lots of softwood right now lying on the ground from lack of a market for it, this is astounding info.

for those of you with no other way to power your vehicle if the grid goes down or the dollar collapses, this is a bonafide way to produce your own power with what you have available in your own back yard / area of operations.

Wayne Keith has managed to not just push the frontiers of gasification way beyond where it ended up at the end of WWII, he has decided that the only way to end our situation as hostages to the perfumed princes of Arabia, is to find a home-grown alternative to oil, and share that information with the world, without patenting his design. his alternative "business plan" is to offer membership in his website where one can watch videos of him building each part of the gasifier, as well as ask questions and read discussions of forum members dealing with building their own versions of his gasifier.

http://driveonwood.com/store

i started a thread about a year ago where i mentioned my trip out to Indiana (18 hour drive straight through...) to meet Wayne Keith and other wood/ charcoal gasifiers
    http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...riveonwood.com

believe me, i don't leave Maine for nearly any reason anymore. the rest of this country is nuts imho. but this event was well worth the trip and risk to meet other Americans that still have the can-do attitude. and this technology is potentially the greatest thing to happen for homesteaders everywhere since Thomas Jefferson bought the Louisiana Purchase.
    "Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."
    - Ronald Reagan

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding,
    acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your path.

I met Mr. Keith last month. He's the real deal.

His truck design seems well thought out. Even the 'bars' on the side of the truck bed are integrated into the unit's cooling system. It runs clean and has enough power and speed to get you into trouble with the law.

I don't place on-line orders, and I don't trust anyone or any company that doesn't have a phone number to accept an order.

Whie I cannot vouch for Mr. Keith as a busisness man you can get a feel for what he has accomplished at:

http://www.woodgas.net/wayne_keith.html

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Chips View Post
    I don't place on-line orders, and I don't trust anyone or any company that doesn't have a phone number to accept an order.
    they aren't set up to order on-line yet. i received my book because i joined last April and the book was merely a promise by "hopefully late summer" and i finally received it last month. Wayne and Chris (who runs the site) are salt of the Earth. the Book is worth every penny if you really want to become independent from oil. i've been tinkering with alternative energy for 40 years (was making methane from manure back then, and i'm 80% of the grid with PV right now) and studied everything that could possibly make a truck run. this is IT, imho.

so if you want to order (and i have no connection with the site or Wayne other than i stand in awe and admiration of him)

from the link in the OP:

Store

Welcome to the Drive On Wood store! Pardon the dust, it's still under construction.

Unfortunately there's no way to check out just yet. We can do business manually, though!

You can pay through Paypal or just drop a check in the mail. Please contact me for instructions.
    Thanks!
    "Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."
    - Ronald Reagan

Interesting stuff Jed and FarmerJohn. Thanks! I just sent this information to a friend of mine. Who knows, we may look into it further. It certainly would be nice to have that option if and when the grid goes down.
    "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

~~~ http://www.VictoriaColumbus.com ~~~

Real friendship, real love and real compassion doesn't have an agenda.

Wood Gas Truck how to full show

this is part 10 , there is at least 17 seperate videos or one full show video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lucg1TEeXic
    This is step by step how to build a Wood Gasifier for your truck, car or generator. This truck can run on trash, wood, grass, cow dung and just about any other dry organic material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T2syw1HfLM
    This is the world most effiecnt wood stove it will power a generator and a propane fride, produce gasoline, heat your hot water and your home all on wood!

Plans here driveonwood ddot com
    Both free plans, and paid plans are there.

Great stuff Jed, thanks so much for sharing!
    I lurk, therefore I am.

thankyou all for responding. i hope some of you will take the step and really investigate woodgas. there is a subforum open to the public at driveonwood.com that deals just with charcoal gasifiers (and making charcoal) which are much easier to build because charcoal burns much cleaner than wood. the drawback is that you lose 50% of the btu's in charcoal just making it (which is not a tragic loss if the wood you are using is free anyways, or if you can capture that "lost" heat and heat your domestic water supply or some other big project - lumber kiln, maple sap pan, etc).

Wayne Keith mentions in the forward to the book that one day he woke up and realized that he was the hostage in a hostage situation, and he didn't want to be that victim anymore, and that was the day he started playing around with making woodgas.
    - Ronald Reagan