Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OP-ED Heads Up - USPS Priority Mail Shipments Running -Five- Days Late
+ Reply to Thread

Heads Up - USPS Priority Mail Shipments Running -Five- Days Late

Just personal experience but an important package that was mailed last Saturday the 15th and promised by the USPS to arrive on Monday the 17th is still not delivered today Saturday the 22nd.

Interestingly Chrismas cards have taken only three to four days to be delivered.

Bottom line, get ready for a whole bunch of stuff to arrive late this year.

Merry Christmas
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

i have 1 supposed to be delivered today

left nashua, nh yesterday but hasn't scanned since

size may have some factor on delivery times

thurs ups said only overnight, 2nd and 3rd day deliveries would be on time, no promises for ground deadlines being met

like there ever is

praying everyone's pkgs show up safe and sound before Christmas
    Pragmatic. Eclectic. Realistic.

The BIBLE: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth! Read it yourself. Live it. Love it.

Vivere Paratus: Fortune Favors the Prepared

I shipped packages Wednesday am priority mail; upstate New York.
    One arrived yesterday; one looks like it will be delivered today; the third on Monday; but the fourth seems to be in the wrong place
    [per delivery confirmation tracking]
    God's idea of grace is far bigger than your idea of karma-Alan Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    Just personal experience but an important package that was mailed last Saturday the 15th and promised by the USPS to arrive on Monday the 17th is still not delivered today Saturday the 22nd.
    Really? I don't recall that USPS commits to delivery time with Priority Mail. Thought you needed Express Mail to get a commitment.

Who did the promising?

Charlie

We just got a notice of a registered letter today we have been waiting on since 2 DAYS AFTER THANKSGIVING! And it was sent from one state over? wtf is wrong with the USPS of late? Why does it now take almost a month to get a registered letter? Dang...we will use FedEx next time.

She
    Being PC will be the death of us all yet!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "But we've got to have faith or we have nothing. We have to have faith in our God, our resolve, our cause and our brother patriots."
    Black, Leo - The Last Stand on Earth.

OP-ED Heads Up - USPS Priority Mail Shipments Running -Five- Days Late

"Heads up, dude! I don't give a damn! I've been breakin' my back carryin' all the
    crap you dump into the mail system at the last moment hopin' your stuff will get
    delivered in time to make others happy. Well what about me? I ain't happy! You
    want hope and change? Then use UPS or FedEx! I'm already way behind in openin'
    up Christmas cards and letters to check for cash and food stamps! If the fruitcake
    you sent to your mother-in-law gets lost, don't blame me! I've seen other postal
    employees stealin' boxes of chocolates and cookies to give to their own families.
    If your fruitcake makes 'em sick, you'll be in trouble with Homeland Security since
    they don't appreciate people mailin' biohazardous desserts of mass indigestion!"

My son ordered a christmas gift sent by express mail. He kept tracking it and it showed that it was traveling all over the east coast. He had it delivered yesterday, and today when he went to the USPS site to see if it was shown as delivered, it was shown that it was in another city back east. UPS is probably the only was to ship things.

On another note he wanted to get something from Walmart, the cheapest price. He went on line and found it was $14 cheaper to order it on line, the store wouln't give him the online price so he ordered it to be delivered free to the store. They sent it to the store overnight FEDEX. It cost Walmart another $25 or so for that which he didn't have to pay. All the time the item was sitting on the store self, but they won't price match their own website.

Red Baron, thanks for the OP. I suspected that was the case, but you confirmed it for me.

I haven't received *any* first class mail or packages since last week, just several store catalogs and those are from the week after Thanksgiving.

I also imagine the blizzard that hit the Midwest and snarled air traffic has also had an impact on USPS hubs.

I suppose that I should start mailing Christmas cards right after Thanksgiving. Those go to seniors who don't have the internet. I have to admit that eCards have saved me a lot of money this year.

Relatives ordered "Things that must be picked up at a local business due to Government regulations".
    They were pleasantly surprised to find it shipped out the next day.(Tuesday)
    Tracking shows after Christmas delivery now.
    (They are now only hoping for a pre new-year's arrival)
    shōu xnyngkă ma?

Showed a package shipped USPS delivered on the 17th... still don't have it... called the seller and they re-shipped priority mail on Wednesday from a location 3 hours from my home(in-state) and did not receive the re-shipped package today... I hate the Postal Service...
    You bring the crowns and heads of conquered Kings to my city steps, you insult my queen, you threaten my people with slavery and death. Oh, I've chosen my words carefully Persian, perhaps you should have done the same.
    King Leonidis, 300
    -
    Vote early and vote often and get your guns and ammo while you still can... if the prior doesn't make a difference the latter might down the road. -me 5/25/04
    -
    Don't piss me off, I might be on your Death Panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Panner View Post
    UPS is probably the only was to ship things.
    Go UPS unless it's fragile or even somewhat fragile, Then don't even consider UPS.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I, YHWH, change not." ~ our Creator
    "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." ~ Albert Einstein

I've had a terrible time with my package delivery since Thanksgiving.

With USPS, my prescriptions came to Indiana and then went to Ohio; it took them 16 days to get here. My Amazon UPS order went out for delivery in my area on Dec 3 and was never seen again. The UPS guy said the order was never on his truck. Amazon over-nighted a new order. Another USPS order was postmarked on Nov 24 and finally arrived on Dec 17.

I've had good resolution on all of those issues; but I've never had problems with orders like I've had recently.

No Problems here

Shipped something priority mail late Monday afternoon from northern Il. to Florida via Priority mail. They got it Friday. Not bad, I think.

Got a mail parcel package that went from Ohio to Il via Penn. Shipped late Sat got it on Thursday. Again, not bad at this time of year.

IMO there has been some USPS distribution center closings and reroutings which has royally screwed up the flow. USPS is hemoraging billions a quarter now and I think their management are under extreme pressure to reduce costs, hence bad rushed decisions that end up screwing up delivery.

15. My mother sent me two packages last week - due to arrive today. One arrived, but the other did not.

I think USPS service varies greatly by region or locality. Like snaglpuss, I can't complain about recent service. I did online click n ship labels for 2 packages and dropped them at the post office on Sat 12/15 about 30 min before noon closing. The package to VA arrived Wed the 19th and the one going to WA arrived Thurs the 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieFox View Post
    Really? I don't recall that USPS commits to delivery time with Priority Mail. Thought you needed Express Mail to get a commitment.

Who did the promising?

Charlie
    I left out locations from the screen captures,
    Attached Images
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Scotto View Post
    Go UPS unless it's fragile or even somewhat fragile, Then don't even consider UPS.
    I had a set of 12 wine glasses delivered in perfect condition by UPS on Wednesday, ordered from Amazon Prime Sunday, expected delivery was to have been Friday. That was my best delivery this season. I also had a Priority Mail from California delivered today, it was sent Monday. Another Postal Priority package is still out there after a week (shipped on the 13th), I figure it'll show up day after Christmas. The joke is on them though, it's for a late holiday with in-laws next weekend, LOL.

5 days? I mailed a letter priority on 14th and it still hasn't been delivered on as of today....hmmmm that's 9 days as of today and I called the customer service number and the gal said, you what to complain about this? It's not a heavy package it's window priority envelope. So the PO said they would call me........right....ha
    God Bless Us & God Bless America!

I left out locations from the screen captures,
    Sorry, that was "an estimate" not a promise...

From the USPS FAQs...

Estimated Delivery Time:
    • If a Priority Mail package is going to a major city, or is traveling less than 600 miles, it should arrive in two (2) days. Otherwise, it should arrive in three (3) days. (Specific delivery standards can be found when postage is calculated) This is not a guaranteed service.
    • Date of delivery is not guaranteed. Delivery by a specific date at a specific time is not available.

Biggest winter storm of the year disrupts holiday travel

This storm is not only disrupting road travel, but air travel and mail services as well

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/articl...#ixzz2FrBkf6DZ
    "Judgment and love are opposites. From one comes all the sorrows of the world. From the other comes the peace of God. Judgment will bind the eyes and make men blind. "

Anything sent thru the Post Office especially Priority Mail that needs air travel to get there goes on a UPS plane. If that UPS place is full of their own shipments, the USPS has to wait till the next plane goes out. (found this out from our previous Post Mistress)

UPS and Fed Ex both give bids to the USPS for Air Freight and even some ground shipments. The USPS contracts out for all it's bulk mail thru private companies so the USPS is only as good and the contractors are. So, ship early or don't complain because if UPS who currently is doing the bulk, express and priority shipping is full up with their UPS customer's packages, your package will be waiting at the airport to ship.

And that's a fact, Jack....!
    In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
    Proverbs 16:9

Link to IMPAT's fundraiser for a safe car to drive to cancer treatments and local needs.
    http://www.gofundme.com/b1o8x4

I shipped about a dozen packages USPS Priority... all but 1 took only 2 days. That one took 3.

I usually love UPS too... but I am guessing this was a temp driver... we had a box of photo calenders left on our GATE POST down at the hwy after dark on Wed... with our gate OPEN!! I was ticked and very glad it had not rained like it was supposed to. Usually our UPS driver is fabulous.
    Lynn mom to 10 and counting
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. George Bernard Shaw

No problems here. I had a big book order I made from Amazon about a week or so ago, they split it up into several deliveries, all has arrived, and some were a couple days ahead of their estimates, and all were very timely moving right along. Must be a routing problem due to the winter storm that hit. I have been using/shipping via the USPS for 10 years from my business, only 1 time in thousands of shipments did I ever have a problem, and they straightened it out immediately.

NP

I didn't have any trouble with the USPS either. I shipped 1 package priority and it arrived on Thursday as scheduled the other package I had delivered express and it arrived Saturday (it was guaranteed by Monday at 3).

I had a USPS priority mail package sent from back east on the 19th and I received it here on the west coast on the 21th.