Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

EDUC Building a Water Heating Solar Panel.wmv
+ Reply to Thread

14 Building a Water Heating Solar Panel.wmv

Interesting project for you DIY's with solar panels!

Uploaded by NikTheCat on Nov 7, 2011

After three years chasing mice on the farm, and stuck on dialup, I am in a hotel with fast internet. So here is one of the projects I have worked on in the last three years.

I built a solar water heating system. In this video I show you how I built the water heating solar panels. My current system of twenty panels have the capability to collect 500,000 BTU per sunny day. typically I collect about 300,000 BTU, Still that is enough to easily heat our house for a day
    Category:

Science & Technology
    License:

Creative Commons Attribution license (reuse allowed)

Uploaded by G. Scott Davis on Nov 4, 2011

A very easy to build, inexpensive, CPVC liquid (hydronic) solar hot water collector that you can use to heat your home or for domestic hot water. This collector is significantly outperforming my pex collector in testing so far. Enjoy free heat, courtesy of the sun!
    Category:

Science & Technology
    License:

Standard YouTube License

Cripe how much would all the copper cost?

Quote Originally Posted by HeyU View Post
    Cripe how much would all the copper cost?
    A FORTUNE! And then some idiots will just trash the thing and steal your copper. I'll pass. It'll be PVC for me.

Can it be done with any other type of metal pipe?
    ""If the American people knew what we have done, they would string us up from the lamp posts." George H.W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Flippper View Post
    Can it be done with any other type of metal pipe?
    Here is one made from PEX tubing. With a comparison between copper and PEX.

http://www.builditsolar.com/Experime...nstruction.htm

Very interesting...will have to show this to dh...he needs another project!
    Once you master people by force you depend on force for control.

Better to be an hour early than one minute late.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think" Adolph Hitler