Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GOV/MIL "Stop talking about Embassy attacks"
+ Reply to Thread

4 "Stop talking about Embassy attacks"

GOPBriefingRoom: #Obama admin tells media to stop talking about #EmbassyAttacks http://t.co/f6fVMcPo #Egypt #Libya #Orwell #TCOT
    Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:37:15 AM

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/po...enghazi_attack

State Department: Stop asking us about the Benghazi attack
    Posted By Josh Rogin Friday, September 14, 2012 - 9:26 PM Share

The State Department told reporters Friday afternoon that it won't answer any more questions about the Sept. 11 attack on the consulate in Benghazi that killed four Americans until the investigation into the incident is complete.

"I'm going to frustrate all of you, infinitely, by telling you that now that we have an open FBI investigation on the death of these four Americans, we are not going to be in a position to talk at all about what the U.S. government may or may not be learning about how any of this this happened -- not who they were, not how it happened, not what happened to Ambassador Stevens, not any of it -- until the Justice Department is ready to talk about the investigation that's its got," State Department spokeswoman Victorian Nuland told reporters late Friday afternoon.

"So I'm going to send to the FBI for those kinds of questions and they're probably not going to talk to you about it," she said.

All aspects of the attack, including what led up to it, its causes, the identity of the perpetrators, and the circumstances surrounding the death of Amb. Chris Stevens and the other three Americans,are off limits for reporters.

The new policy leaves many questions about the Benghazi attack unanswered, potentially for a long time, such as the identity of the attackers, whether they were connected to protests earlier in the day in Cairo, what were the exact circumstances and cause of Stevens's death, whether the administration had indications of the threat beforehand, and whether the consulate's security was adequate or not.

Many of these questions are sure to be asked by lawmakers, beginning with the leaders of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, who called today for an investigation into the security procedures at the Benghazi consulate before and during the attack.

Two senior officials did speak extensively about the events of the night of the attack on the consulate Sept 12 in a background conference call with reporters, but that's all the information the administration intends to give out, Nuland said.

Reporters at the briefing pointed out that the officials on that conference call noted that they were giving out preliminary information that might have been wrong and if the State Department doesn't talk about the night's events ever again, that wrong information would remain uncorrected in the public sphere.

"The U.S. government is going to be happy to let incorrect information stand?" one reporter asked.

"I will make a personal pledge to you that if I become aware that information we gave that first night is radically wrong in a way that you deserve to know, I will do my best to get that information to you," Nuland said. "But I have to respect the fact that this is now a crime scene."

http://gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=82832.0
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Politicalese for "shutup until we can formulate our official lie which you are all then to believe without question and those who don't will be ridiculed into silence, as per our Official Alinsky Playbook."
    The thing about common sense is, it is not so common any more
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

"SO......What's going on in the Land of WTF Just Happened?" ~ Mr. BurtonLake

How about some of the reporters having the balls to ask why Obama, once he knew the attacks were in progress, went back to sleep and did nothing for 9 hours?

The collusion between the White House and the News Media is traitorous. They have American blood on their hands.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence
    "We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are." - The Talmud

It all does not look good for BHO http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...n-8135797.html

I predict by the end of the weekend there will be a new scapegoat to distract from how poorly BHO is handling this mess... Watch tomorrow's talking heads... they will be interesting and the MSM will line up like ducks in a row.

Carpe Diem, if you don't someone else will!

Here is the article in the independent mentioned in the above post:

Exclusive
    Revealed: inside story of US envoy's assassination

Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'
    Kim Sengupta

Friday 14 September 2012

The killings of the US ambassador to Libya and three of his staff were likely to have been the result of a serious and continuing security breach, The Independent can reveal.

American officials believe the attack was planned, but Chris Stevens had been back in the country only a short while and the details of his visit to Benghazi, where he and his staff died, were meant to be confidential.

The US administration is now facing a crisis in Libya. Sensitive documents have gone missing from the consulate in Benghazi and the supposedly secret location of the "safe house" in the city, where the staff had retreated, came under sustained mortar attack. Other such refuges across the country are no longer deemed "safe".

Some of the missing papers from the consulate are said to list names of Libyans who are working with Americans, putting them potentially at risk from extremist groups, while some of the other documents are said to relate to oil contracts.

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

Mr Stevens had been on a visit to Germany, Austria and Sweden and had just returned to Libya when the Benghazi trip took place with the US embassy's security staff deciding that the trip could be undertaken safely.

Eight Americans, some from the military, were wounded in the attack which claimed the lives of Mr Stevens, Sean Smith, an information officer, and two US Marines. All staff from Benghazi have now been moved to the capital, Tripoli, and those whose work is deemed to be non-essential may be flown out of Libya.

In the meantime a Marine Corps FAST Anti-Terrorism Reaction Team has already arrived in the country from a base in Spain and other personnel are believed to be on the way. Additional units have been put on standby to move to other states where their presence may be needed in the outbreak of anti-American fury triggered by publicity about a film which demeaned the Prophet Mohamed.

A mob of several hundred stormed the US embassy in the Yemeni capital Sanaa yesterday. Other missions which have been put on special alert include almost all those in the Middle East, as well as in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Armenia, Burundi and Zambia.

Senior officials are increasingly convinced, however, that the ferocious nature of the Benghazi attack, in which rocket-propelled grenades were used, indicated it was not the result of spontaneous anger due to the video, called Innocence of Muslims. Patrick Kennedy, Under-Secretary at the State Department, said he was convinced the assault was planned due to its extensive nature and the proliferation of weapons.

There is growing belief that the attack was in revenge for the killing in a drone strike in Pakistan of Mohammed Hassan Qaed, an al-Qa'ida operative who was, as his nom-de-guerre Abu Yahya al-Libi suggests, from Libya, and timed for the anniversary of the 11 September attacks.

Senator Bill Nelson, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said: "I am asking my colleagues on the committee to immediately investigate what role al-Qa'ida or its affiliates may have played in the attack and to take appropriate action."

According to security sources the consulate had been given a "health check" in preparation for any violence connected to the 9/11 anniversary. In the event, the perimeter was breached within 15 minutes of an angry crowd starting to attack it at around 10pm on Tuesday night. There was, according to witnesses, little defence put up by the 30 or more local guards meant to protect the staff. Ali Fetori, a 59-year-old accountant who lives near by, said: "The security people just all ran away and the people in charge were the young men with guns and bombs."

Wissam Buhmeid, the commander of the Tripoli government-sanctioned Libya's Shield Brigade, effectively a police force for Benghazi, maintained that it was anger over the Mohamed video which made the guards abandon their post. "There were definitely people from the security forces who let the attack happen because they were themselves offended by the film; they would absolutely put their loyalty to the Prophet over the consulate. The deaths are all nothing compared to insulting the Prophet."

Mr Stevens, it is believed, was left in the building by the rest of the staff after they failed to find him in dense smoke caused by a blaze which had engulfed the building. He was discovered lying unconscious by local people and taken to a hospital, the Benghazi Medical Centre, where, according to a doctor, Ziad Abu Ziad, he died from smoke inhalation.

An eight-strong American rescue team was sent from Tripoli and taken by troops under Captain Fathi al- Obeidi, of the February 17 Brigade, to the secret safe house to extract around 40 US staff. The building then came under fire from heavy weapons. "I don't know how they found the place to carry out the attack. It was planned, the accuracy with which the mortars hit us was too good for any ordinary revolutionaries," said Captain Obeidi. "It began to rain down on us, about six mortars fell directly on the path to the villa."

Libyan reinforcements eventually arrived, and the attack ended. News had arrived of Mr Stevens, and his body was picked up from the hospital and taken back to Tripoli with the other dead and the survivors.

Mr Stevens' mother, Mary Commanday, spoke of her son yesterday. "He did love what he did, and he did a very good job with it. He could have done a lot of other things, but this was his passion. I have a hole in my heart," she said.

Global anger: The protests spread

Yemen

The furore across the Middle East over the controversial film about the Prophet Mohamed is now threatening to get out of control. In Sana'a, the Yemeni capital, yesterday around 5,000 demonstrators attacked the US embassy, leaving at least 15 people injured. Young protesters, shouted: "We sacrifice ourselves for you, Messenger of God," smashed windows of the security offices and burned at least five cars, witnesses said.

Egypt

Egypt's Islamist President Mohamed Morsi yesterday condemned the attack in Benghazi that killed the US ambassador. In a speech in Brussels, Mr Morsi said he had spoken to President Obama and condemned "in the clearest terms" the Tuesday attacks. Despite this, and possibly playing to a domestic audience, President Obama said yesterday that "I don't think we would consider them an ally, but we don't consider them an enemy".

Demonstrators in Cairo attacked the mission on Tuesday evening and protests have continued since.

Iraq

Militants said the anti-Islamic film "will put all the American interests Iraq in danger" and called on Muslims everywhere to "face our joint enemy", as protesters in Baghdad burned American flags yesterday. The warning from the Iranian-backed group Asaib Ahl al-Haq came as demonstrators demanded the closure of the US embassy in the capital.

Bangladesh

Islamists warned they may "besiege" the US embassy in Dhaka after security forces stopped around 1,000 protesters marching to the building. The Khelafat Andolon group called for bigger protests as demonstrators threw their fists in the air, burned the flag and chanted anti-US slogans.

Others

There was a Hamas-organised protest in Gaza City, and as many as 100 Arab Israelis took to the streets in Tel Aviv. In Afghanistan, President Hamid Karzai postponed a trip to Norway, fearing violence. Officials in Pakistan said they "expected protests". Protesters in Tunis burnt US flags.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...n-8135797.html

posted for fair use by those doing research only

at link: photos and multiple links to related stories

(other linked articles)
    British, German and US embassies targeted as protests against anti-Islam film continue to spread throughout Muslim world

5,000 protesters try to storm German and British embassies in Sudan

Egyptian protesters clash with police over Mohamed film

US defends itself to world – but back home it's war

Crime scene? Kerry claimed there was no Jihad, just a bunch for common criminals that could be handled by the County Sheriff or something.

And State has bought into that for good reason. Admitting that there really is a Jihad and furthermore, may be supported by a majority of the Islamic masses would sink the entire O ME foreign policy thrust.

So best to claim it was a crime perpetrated by common criminals.
    "The misfortune of many is the consolation of fools" Ancient proverb

Now read this thread. Vast conspiracy of corruption at the top levels:

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...-In-California

Grabbed this screenshot off of al-jazeera.

Are "they" trying to tell me that all of these protests across the middle east are "spontaneous", "unplanned", and due to the film?

Ephesians 5:11 - " Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. ”

FAILED agenda, FAILED Pres., FAILED Presidency...and they can't lie or obfuscate their way out of the Middle East mess....it's THEIR mess.

Boot needed come Nov.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

Rich, re the silence of the State Department, I understand that America has decayed from a land of laws to a land of legalisms but the position that no one at State can say a word about Benghazi because there’s now an FBI investigation, and so it’s a sub judice police matter, and Sergeant Friday has flown out with an extra long roll of yellow “DO NOT CROSS” tape and strung it round the smoking ruins of the U.S. consulate and the “safe house” is stark staring nuts.

This is a security fiasco and a strategic debacle for the foreign policy of the United States, not a liquor store hold-up. What is wrong even with the bland, compliant, desiccated, over-credentialed, pansified, groupthink poodles of the press corps that they don’t hoot and jeer at Victoria Nuland? I know why she’s doing it; I know why Hillary Clinton is desperately trying to suggest that some movie trailer on YouTube is the reason that a mob in Benghazi knows the location of the U.S. ambassador’s safe house. But why would anybody else even pretend to take this stuff seriously? Elderly Soviet propagandists must be wondering why they wasted their time jamming radio transmitters and smashing printing presses when they could just have sent everyone to Columbia Journalism School.

More on the insane, post-modern unreality of the dying superpower in my weekend column.

Let me guess....

The findings of the FBI won't be released until, say, November 8th or so.

1. The JustUS Department is covering for the POS in the White House.

2. The Media is covering for the POS in the White House.

Anyone doubt how this "investigation" will come out?

Palmetto
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Non nobis, non nobis, Domine, Sed nomini tuo da gloriam (Not to us, not to us, O Lord, But to thy name give glory.)

My neighbor who is a Obama supported (ultra-liberal) told me yesterday that the embassy attacks were from Bush's failed policy in the ME. It wasn't his high holiness' obozo's fault. I told her, nothing is ever his fault in his eyes and the fools and idiots that support him, and this happened on his watch and obozo is responsible. She had no answer for me as usual when confronted with the truth.

I find it sadly ironic that the marks on that map coincide very nicely with nations we have given billions in aid to over the last few years.

Appeasement and bribery just aren't working. I'd say it's time for a new plan.

But we seem to be sticking to our guns. More appeasement already, and I'm sure more of our tax dollars are on the way.
    Your rights END where mine BEGIN
    You have no power over me save that which I allow. . . . . . .
    So say we all. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    My neighbor who is a Obama supported (ultra-liberal) told me yesterday that the embassy attacks were from Bush's failed policy in the ME. It wasn't his high holiness' obozo's fault. I told her, nothing is ever his fault in his eyes and the fools and idiots that support him, and this happened on his watch and obozo is responsible. She had no answer for me as usual when confronted with the truth.
    You are correct. They're still blaming Bush (I didn't like him myself), but this is all part of the muzzie agenda, and Bams is a muzzie. See the Michele Bachmann thread this morning. Those bammie-bots better wake up before it's too late.

Wow. I was wondering when this would start. The blame game has GOT to be getting tiresome for those people....it is with me.

The muslims want us to change our freedom of speech laws to cease hurting their feelings.

The Government wants reporters to stop talking about all the violence on our embassies so they stop upsetting the people.

Same difference right there.
    Enter into any debate with courtesy and respect. Secondly, be open to the idea that you may be wrong and accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma00 View Post
    I find it sadly ironic that the marks on that map coincide very nicely with nations we have given billions in aid to over the last few years.

But we seem to be sticking to our guns. More appeasement already, and I'm sure more of our tax dollars are on the way.
    You are looking for purity again. The policy worked, for a while. The only policy that works permanently is obliteration ala Germany and Japan. Everything else has a specific lifetime, some shorter than others.

People keep forgetting that Russia and the US were on the same side in WWII. A policy that worked for four years or so.
    Last edited by Troke; 09-15-2012 at 01:55 PM.

The blood lost by those American's who have lost their lives during these last few days are on the hands of our elected officials who blantantly sit on their hands and do nothing to suppress the anti-american influx into this country as well as getting our military out of these countries who have no love lost for the US. When will the US learn that money can not buy democracy or safety. If these folks are willing to take bribes then they sure as hell don't mind killing a few americans to make a senseless point.

Jim_bo

Quote Originally Posted by jim_bo View Post
    The blood lost by those American's who have lost their lives during these last few days are on the hands of our elected officials who blantantly sit on their hands and do nothing to suppress the anti-american influx into this country as well as getting our military out of these countries who have no love lost for the US. When will the US learn that money can not buy democracy or safety. If these folks are willing to take bribes then they sure as hell don't mind killing a few americans to make a senseless point.

Jim_bo
    And what will they do when our economy tanks and the dollar is worthless? Think they'll give our military time to bail?

Ha, yeah right.

Another perfect example of the reason one should never stoop so low as to actually attempt to intelligently discuss anything with such creatures. They are beyond hope (&change?) at this point.
    The O-folks have way too much experience with illogical, irrational thinking, etc. - best to steer clear of them and wait for the O-agenda to hit them personally where it hurts.

Did anyone notice this line?

"I will make a personal pledge to you that if I become aware that information we gave that first night is radically wrong in a way that you deserve to know, I will do my best to get that information to you," Nuland said. "But I have to respect the fact that this is now a crime scene."
    In other words, "if we think you should know anything different, maybe we'll tell you." They can't get much more blatant.

Gag the press or have them tell us the official party lie? It's all the same to me ... I don't believe anything anyone says anymore. Unless it is confirmed here, I just don't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by BertaBurtonLake View Post
    Politicalese for "shutup until we can formulate our official lie which you are all then to believe without question and those who don't will be ridiculed into silence, as per our Official Alinsky Playbook."
    quite!

So they want to just let the deaths of these four people be swept under the rug and fade into obscurity, because their deaths is a public rebuke and embarrassment to the administration.

MAY THEY NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!

MAY WE NOT LET THEM FORGET!!!
    The only "change" I CAN believe in: I Corinthians 15: 51-52!

Quote Originally Posted by BertaBurtonLake View Post
    That makes it much plainer. Thank You.
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Stop saying anything that could remotely be critical of our Narcissist-in-Chief. The Media just WILL NOT STAND FOR IT.

The TRUTH does not matter, remember it is the "ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS" so Bam Bam is right, even if he is wrong!!!!!

What a crock-of-shit that needs to be exposed to the light where it will wither and die as all the liberal media should.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The Second Coming by WB Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto View Post
    Let me guess....

The findings of the FBI won't be released until, say, November 8th or so.

1. The JustUS Department is covering for the POS in the White House.

2. The Media is covering for the POS in the White House.

Anyone doubt how this "investigation" will come out?

Palmetto
    Of course, it will be Bush's fault. And O will need another four years to fix things.
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma00 View Post

I don't it is called by a friend, but it doesn't work. NOW WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE, IS NOT ONE OF THESE COUNTRIES GETTING A SINGLE DIME FROM US IN THE FUTURE. NOT ONE RED CENT, NOT NOW OR EVER. Cut the whole lot of them off with out a dime. and don't let their people come here to live either. not one. the ones here round up and send back.
    blessings to all momof23goats

The plot thickens: Chris Stevens was a Muslim

Statement that Ambassador Chris Stevens was a Muslim is made between 1:00 & 1:20

Was this an assassination, but by whom? From all reports, this was a military caliber operation.

Carpe Diem, if you don't someone else will!

He was a Muslim - He was a Sufi

Quote Originally Posted by PCViking View Post
    Statement that Ambassador Chris Stevens was a Muslim is made between 1:00 & 1:20

Was this an assassination, but by whom? From all reports, this was a military caliber operation.

Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than a peaky raven?

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    He was a Muslim - He was a Sufi
    Most other muzzies hate Sufis from what I read. They're very different.

So they waited 4 years with all this pent up anger and just decided that after all the 9/11's that have passed since, that this week was the week to release it? Do these liberals even listen to themselves when they talk?

Liz Metcalf - Ind. Avon Representative
    www.LipstickLiz.com - Liz@LipstickLiz.com
    You can earn an extra $500, $1,000 or more a month with Avon. No parties, no inventory to purchase, and a trusted and well known brand that has been in business for 127 years. Medical, dental, Rx, plus 401K available to Reps. Just $15 to join. Contact me today!

The funny thing is Obama's policy will cause us problems for GENERATIONS, just like Carter.