Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GOV/MIL Very Strange Odor in the Air this Morning: It's Everywhere and it's Puzzling
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Very Strange Odor in the Air this Morning: It's Everywhere and it's Puzzling

Opened the back door to let the dogs out, and I couldn't help but smell this very strange odor. It was everywhere.
    I can describe this odor as smelling like a combination of fuel oil/diesel fuel, or something of that order.
    The dogs came in reeking of this smell, and each one had to have a bath....immediately.

It's raining(finally) very slightly now. I'm thinking that this odor, which permeates the whole area, is coming down with the rain. I don't know.

One of my dogs was in a panic after entering the house. It took me 15 minutes (after her bath) to calm her down.

A few times in the past, there was a diesel fuel kind of smell throughout the town. On those few occasions there were contrails floating to the east of me. However, since it's still dark, I can't see anything in the sky. However, I still smell that smell on my cloths, which are going to be put in the washer as soon as I'm done with this post.

NOTE: I know what skunks smell like. This wasn't a skunk smell. Unfortunately, I reek as I'm typing this post.
    Off to the shower AGAIN.

NOTE2: There is also a sulfur smell along with the diesel/fuel oil smell. During the evening, around 9:15 or so, there has be occurring for the past month or so a rumbling sound. This sound (not me by the way) last about 20 seconds.

NOTE3: Sulfur smell, rumbling, diesel fuel/fuel oil......I surely hopes the gates of hell aren't opening up this morning. Now for the shower.
    Last edited by doctor_fungcool; 08-10-2012 at 06:39 AM.
    Sow the Wind....Reap the Whirlwind

OMG Doc! And why was the dog so scared? Something out there? Could it have come from a jet engine? How about a UFO? Before you shake your head and say, "oh no! Here goes hansa again.lol" My 2 dogs had a run in with something in the empty acre next to us. They were going wild with barking. Scared me. I quickly let them back in and they almost knocked me over coming through the door. They were terrified .....of something.

When you mentioned trying to calm your dog down I could only think about what happened to mine.
    "The karma café has no menu......You get served what you deserve!"

".Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW, What a ride!"

Personal Responsibility..The one thing no one can take away from you

."The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still, small voice within me."

Quote Originally Posted by Hansa44 View Post
    OMG Doc! And why was the dog so scared? Something out there? Could it have come from a jet engine? How about a UFO? Before you shake your head and say, "oh no! Here goes hansa again.lol" My 2 dogs had a run in with something in the empty acre next to us. They were going wild with barking. Scared me. I quickly let them back in and they almost knocked me over coming through the door. They were terrified .....of something.

When you mentioned trying to calm your dog down I could only think about what happened to mine.

No jets in this area. We are in a rural location. Mind you, this has happened before, only not to this extent.

Maybe you've struck oil in your back yard, make sure your kids aren't misbehaving or else Bam's will send them a shite load of weapons to overthrow you
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

That's the doom coming for us baby!

(no, really)
    Attached Images
    "You don't change the way people think by changing what they say. You change the way people think with HEADLESS CHARRED BODIES FLYING THROUGH THE AIR. BLOOD! FLAMES! HELLFIRE AND DAMNATION!"
    ~~ Alastair J. R. Young

"Bring me tools and beer!!!" ~~ Homer Simpson

"If a dream is all that I got, then I wish you in a fairy tale where you are still in love with me." ~~ Cold

"All weather is now manufactured. Period."
    ~~Scott Stevens

Can I ask Doc, just a general area where you are located in, as I too have this smell in the air right now, and last night also just before I went to bed.
    Rusty in NC
    Don't tread on me!
    sic semper evello mortem tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by tiger13 View Post
    Can I ask Doc, just a general area where you are located in, as I too have this smell in the air right now, and last night also just before I went to bed.
    Southern Lower Michigan, in the mid portion of the state.

There was an odd smell around here yesterday but it did not smell like oil. It was stinky, like something dead or manure on a farmer's field but not exactly that smell.

There were a ton of calls to 911 in CA yesterday about the same smell - even lifeguards saying the smell was coming from the ocean, others where saying it was from chemtrails that were thick yesterday. I think I read it last night on Rense. People were getting sick from it and saying that it was leaving an oily film on their vehicles.

Here is a link to socalskywatch where they talked about it: http://socalskywatch.wordpress.com/?...on-news-video/
    Last edited by tno5; 08-10-2012 at 08:32 AM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by tno5 View Post
    There were a ton of calls to 911 in CA yesterday about the same smell - even lifeguards saying the smell was coming from the ocean, others where saying it was from chemtrails that were thick yesterday. I think I read it last night on Rense. People were getting sick from it and saying that it was leaving an oily film on their vehicles.

Here is a link to socalskywatch where they talked about it: http://socalskywatch.wordpress.com/?...on-news-video/
    I took a shower, a long shower. Two dogs also got a thorough bath. They've calmed down now.

I'll keep everyone advised as to what's happening today.

Could this be the same thing? This story says 10 days ago it started for these folks~...blessings T

Neighbors Complain of 'Toxic' Smell in North Lansing

People living in one neighborhood off Martin Luther King Boulevard in North Lansing have complained about a coal-like smell that drifted into their neighborhood about 10 days ago.

"It's nasty smelling. I mean I just close the doors and hope that it doesn't affect me. I hope I don't get sick from it," said Phylis Drew.

"It's like a choking smell, you can almost feel it on your skin," said Rusty Jenkins.
    They say the smell started drifting in when a massive coal pile at a storage site near their homes started smoldering.

"If you know what burning coal smells like it's pretty bad. There's yellow smoke coming off the pile," Jenkins said.

The Lansing Fire Department says the coal is on private property and it's up to the owners to take care of it. The company on that property, Conrad Yelvington

Distributors, said they needed to gather more information before talking. However, they didn't return any calls, which left neighbors frustrated and without answers.

"We have small children around here, they don't need to be smelling that," said Drew.
    Jenkins pointed out that he can see the coal pile from his backyard and says the smell gets unbearable at times.

"There's been days where we've had to breath through towels and close up the whole house."

So far, Jenkins says noone has stepped up to find the source of the problem and put an end to it. That leaves him and others wondering, how much longer they have to live with a smell they say has blanketed over their neighborhood.

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/N...165682786.html
    He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day~

We are getting the same rain storm that you got yesterday, doc so if it starts to smell nasty here tomorrow or later today, I will post to this thread.

We have no oil or gas wells up here. If we suddenly start smelling sulfur smells I would think it is coming from the ground, not the air. No spraying up here that we have seen for over a couple weeks.

Keep us posted, ok?
    In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
    Proverbs 16:9

Could you please post a scratch and sniff spot in your post? I am still trying to figure out if it smells more like organic crude or #2 desiel.

Quote Originally Posted by Warm Wisconsin View Post
    Could you please post a scratch and sniff spot in your post? I am still trying to figure out if it smells more like organic crude or #2 desiel.
    If I could that, then yours truly would be a very rich guy. I can just imagine all the ramifications of such a technology, especially, if it could be applied to cell phones.

Same smell here yesterday as I was walking the pup down our woodsy lane. Odd to say the least. Oh yea....western central Pa here.
    I lurk, therefore I am.

What did you have for supper?
    Back when I was a kid.
    Pencil and paper were my keyboard, monitor and printer. My brain was the computer. The mouse was a pesky animal caught in a trap. Phones had dials not buttons. Text was something you "read" not "did".

Interesting, I live in the SE Wisconsin area and was driving last night and mentioned the same thing to my wife -- I smelled sort of an oil/gasoline type smell.

She didn't notice it, but, I thought it was strong enough that I was wondering if we had a leak or issue with the car.

Mattbert

Last night ,after the storm we noticed a strong smell of sulfur ( Rotting Egg's smell)
    Don't know what this means.
    lw

All the toxic crap from the Chevron fire in San Francisco working its way east?

That would make the most sense to me.

????
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

My son said post the Intellicast jet stream map to prove the point, so here:

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Wind/JetStream.aspx

Wouldn't be around any salt domes/caverns would ya?
    Considering what's going on in southern LA right now it wouldn't phase me at all...
    Only the dead have seen the end of war.
    —Plato

Yikes. Reading your post made me think about this video I watched last evening. Really disturbing...

Update Bayou Sinkhole Now 381 feet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipSxf5IskRM

August 9, 2012 - Methane bubbles in the Bayou Corne community area sinkhole that emerged late last week have become more prolific, according to the local sheriff and the sinkhole depth, reported earlier Tuesday to be 372 feet deep, is reported to be 381 foot deep Tuesday evening. The percolating bubbles were slated to be the main topic of discussion at a local meeting this evening scheduled by officials to brief residents.
    The sinkhole bubbles have become more prolific since Saturday, Assumption Parish Sheriff Mike Waguespack said.
    Monday, Parish officials disclosed that analysis by researchers shows the sinkhole is filled mainly with saltwater with traces of diesel and oil at the surface, both of which nearby Texas Brine Company's unused cavern had in it.
    "The mud and vegetation observed from the air also are only floating on the surface of the water," The Advocate reported Tuesday afternoon.
    The slurry area is south of La. 70 South, 2,500 feet from the nearest home in the Bayou Corne community, and only 1,500 feet from a butane-filled cavern.
    The mysterious bubbling has been noticed for two months in the area swamps and bayous by concerned locals who want answers.
    "We just want answers. That's all we want," one Bayou Corne local man told NBC 33 News on Sunday. "We want to know whether we are safe or not right here."

or this one....

Rapport de radiations de la région d'Ottawa - 5 Août 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_CDtO6QJ8Nc
    Aug 7, 2012

I know.. I'm right full of good news..

Hope you are safe DF and everyone else experiencing this.
    "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

~~~ http://www.VictoriaColumbus.com ~~~

Real friendship, real love and real compassion doesn't have an agenda.

Think about it -- thousands of tons of this crap coming down all over the country.

It HAS to come back down:
    Attached Images

The air will sometimes have an odd smell's when there is tectonic plate movement or pressure building up just before an earth quake.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    The air will sometimes have an odd smell's when there is tectonic plate movement or pressure building up just before an earth quake.
    That is exactly what I was thinking, and the location of most members who are experiencing this are somewhat near the NMSZ. And Chicken Bone Lake if that has anything to do with All My Cats posts of last year. The sulpher/crude oil smell especially would indicate movement or small release tubes, with enough pressure, would shoot this smell high up along with solids in a mist form which could be what is landing on everyone, would explain the oily residue on vehicles. Nothing smells like crude oil or sulpher, yum. Perhaps the gates of hell really are opening up.

Brings to mind the 104 hour quake prediction-he seemed to be more interested in tsunami's than anything else, so perhaps this smell is a precursor to a quake that tags on the coastal ones predicted, or possibly triggering them. Obviously, mere supposition on my part, but I would be relocating things that are breakable on shelves and other items that could be ruined if they fell from up high so as to preserve them just in case. If the coastal quakes go off, they will be felt here, we sit on several fault lines, and the very spot I'm sitting at is only 75 feet from one of the ones that branches up from California. I've been looking about the house for what I would need to move just in case.

And remember to have some sturdy shoes next to your bed, broken windows would be no fun to deal with in the case of a night quake.
    ""If the American people knew what we have done, they would string us up from the lamp posts." George H.W. Bush

OK I didn't think anything of it or even if it has to do with this thread but last week I was smelling a sulfur smell in the bathroom of the high rise office where I work. I just figured it was either someone was sneaking a smoke, which is not allowed by the way, or something to do with the plumbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    This^ That area that Doc is referring to is where the Niagra escarpment intersects with the Mid Continental Rift.

K-

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_fungcool View Post
    Opened the back door to let the dogs out, and I couldn't help but smell this very strange odor. It was everywhere.
    I can describe this odor as smelling like a combination of fuel oil/diesel fuel, or something of that order.
    The dogs came in reeking of this smell, and each one had to have a bath....immediately.

It's raining(finally) very slightly now. I'm thinking that this odor, which permeates the whole area, is coming down with the rain. I don't know.

One of my dogs was in a panic after entering the house. It took me 15 minutes (after her bath) to calm her down.

A few times in the past, there was a diesel fuel kind of smell throughout the town. On those few occasions there were contrails floating to the east of me. However, since it's still dark, I can't see anything in the sky. However, I still smell that smell on my cloths, which are going to be put in the washer as soon as I'm done with this post.

NOTE: I know what skunks smell like. This wasn't a skunk smell. Unfortunately, I reek as I'm typing this post.
    Off to the shower AGAIN.

NOTE2: There is also a sulfur smell along with the diesel/fuel oil smell. During the evening, around 9:15 or so, there has be occurring for the past month or so a rumbling sound. This sound (not me by the way) last about 20 seconds.

NOTE3: Sulfur smell, rumbling, diesel fuel/fuel oil......I surely hopes the gates of hell aren't opening up this morning. Now for the shower.
    This kind of reminds me of the movie Take Shelter where the rain had an oily look, brown like crude oil.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    Think about it -- thousands of tons of this crap coming down all over the country.

It HAS to come back down:

that didn't travel more than across the state into Nevada in instrument detectable quantities, certainly not to the extent you'd smell it.

I'm more worried about another big event that happened back a hundred years ago in the midwest.

I see publius is closer to what I'm thinking

Lower Michigan, when you are on I-75 heading South toward Ohio,
    you will drive through a heavy sulfur laden area where there are a
    bunch of plants located. It looks like the jet stream would
    bring that smell up to your area.

I notice on the radar for the last few days, that clouds have been
    moving in your direction.

I to am in south western michigan, and we don't have that here. this is odd for sure.
    blessings to all momof23goats

Quote Originally Posted by Double_A View Post
    that didn't travel more than across the state into Nevada in instrument detectable quantities, certainly not to the extent you'd smell it.

I'm more worried about another big event that happened back a hundred years ago in the midwest.

I see publius is closer to what I'm thinking
    I don't think it'll be the NMSZ, though the illiterate media will yap like the trained dogs they are saying that it is. The Mid Continental Rift is long overdue for an event, I suspect that the northern-esque locations of the odor would be more indicitive of an event on TMCR, the Niagra Escarpment, or possibly the Wasbash.

Again prepare for every talking bobble head to scream that it's the NMSZ instead.

K-

well this just sux....errrr STINKS! I am just south of Cleveland and I have been smelling it on and off for a week. thought it was out septic system but it was not. My cats that go into the fenced area to play, have been coming in scared to death of something and do not go back out. and they are sniffing the air alot... facing North and west from me so that would be towards Sandusky / Michigan.

my thoughts were about tectonic plates moving, too New Madrid???

New Madrid keeps popping into my mind too.
    Patriot Guard rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Any standing water to check for oil floating on it?...how about scooping up some grass or something and putting it into water and seeing if oil will float to the top. Could be warm smokestack type stuff from upwind cooling off and dropping out of the air?.
    eta: ittybit has a post about a weather system stalled over your AO. If it is a cyclone the substance could be coming from downwind and circling around.
    Last edited by HeyU; 08-10-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: found other post

Fracking.

I am convinced we will be seeing major problems in the future as a result of fracking.
    Back when I was a kid.
    Pencil and paper were my keyboard, monitor and printer. My brain was the computer. The mouse was a pesky animal caught in a trap. Phones had dials not buttons. Text was something you "read" not "did".

When I lived in Oregon, very close to Portland, there is a huge paper mill that that puts out toilet paper, paper towel, napkins, etc. It sits up on a hill right next to the Willamette River. (probably Dennis remembers) I can only think they were dumping stuff into the river because when the wind changed it was the most horrible sulfer smell you could imagine. All we could do was close our windows and doors. It made many ill.

But this nasty s*** permeated the area for many miles around. Even across the Columbia River and into WA. At least this is what I was told. So something like this could be happenin around all these cities as well. And it wasn't long ago, many, many people were hearing strange underground noises, including Loup.

FWIW
    "The karma café has no menu......You get served what you deserve!"

".Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW, What a ride!"

Personal Responsibility..The one thing no one can take away from you

."The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still, small voice within me."

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    I don't think it'll be the NMSZ, though the illiterate media will yap like the trained dogs they are saying that it is. The Mid Continental Rift is long overdue for an event, I suspect that the northern-esque locations of the odor would be more indicitive of an event on TMCR, the Niagra Escarpment, or possibly the Wasbash.

Again prepare for every talking bobble head to scream that it's the NMSZ instead.

K-
    I don't think it's the NMSZ or the Wabash either. (too far North and East, since the WVSZ is basically much farther S and W at the tri-state area of IL, IN and K).

Remembering the images of the Niag. Escarpment you posted in the WI thread, I think it's a possibility. Very possibly related to the WI groans and shakes from a few months ago, whether it's the Escarpment or something else.

What is fracking?

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    What is fracking?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_fracturing

This type of fracturing creates fractures from a wellbore drilled into reservoir rock formations.

The first use of hydraulic fracturing was in 1947 but the modern fracking technique that made the extraction of shale gas economical was first used in 1997 in the Barnett Shale in Texas.[1][2][3] The energy from the injection of a highly pressurized fracking fluid creates new channels in the rock, which can increase the extraction rates and ultimate recovery of hydrocarbons.