***** I ESTIMATE THAT THE INFORMATION BELOW IS UNKNOWN TO 99% OF THE RIFLEMEN IN THIS COUNTRY *****
WHAT I AM DESCRIBING BELOW IS A COMPLETE SYSTEM IN THE SAME WAY THAT THE COOPER SCOUT RIFLE CONCEPT WAS A CONGLOMERATION OF MANY ELEMENTS COMBINED TOGETHER TO MAKE THE SCOUT CONCEPT WHAT IT IS.
All the below done with a lever action Marlin 1894 Carbine in .357 Magnum.
Heres Veral Smith's links for his mould info and his book that you DO WANT!!!. This is research and quality like I've never seen. The knowledge in Veral's book supercedes Any other cast bullet books and information -- nothing else comes close.
You gonna LOVVE this!!
My partner Steve is instrumental in the reloading data from when he founded Cast Performance Bullets. He went to Federal Cartridge Company and gave them samples and blew Their minds; they said it "wasn't possible"... Anyway ...
THIS is something Verryy Verryy practical ... and Extremely deadly!
Those 2 Antelope both dropped at 125 and 302 yards lazered w/ 1 round, each bullet through both shoulders/bones; complete shoot-through. This done with an old "pistol" cartridge. I've never seen a more Completely Efficient use of this cartridge. This System WORKS!
1. THE KEY to this whole system is casting the LBT 187 gr. WFN (Wide Flat Nose) gas check bullet ... Randy Garrett copied the exact bullet shape; his 540 gr. Hammerhead in .45-70 at 1550 fps. will shoot completely through an African Cape Buffalo and kill the one behind it.
If you DO NOT cast your own bullets at present, you CAN order this bullet from Cast Performance Bullets: http://www.castperfo...Detail.bok?no=6 --- HOWEVER: Cast Performance DOES NOT use LBT Lube, THEREFORE, users will run into pressure problems at lower temperatures and with lighter loads than when using LBT lube. Accuracy will not be as good either. Montana Bullet Works sells them lubed with LBT Commercial lube and they'll deliver top notch performance.
NO PROBLEM shooting clean through say 4 to 6 bad guys with this 187 gr. LBT bullet depending on circumstances, any bones hit, etc., as it has already shot lengthwise completely through Elk. This .357 Magnum system is in reality a "mini-mini Garret .45-70 type set up".
** You DO NOT want this combo in a .44 Magnum because:
a. It would be about double the ammo weight And size ...and so you'd carry Easily Twice the .357 rounds.
b. Not needed.
c. Excessive recoil in a big way in this M94 configuration w/ 325gr+ gr. bullets. (Like an 8lb. 30/06).
** With this 187 gr. LBT bullet you get 8% to 20% less pressure at the same velocity/output as a jacketed bullet.
** In casting, use 10 lbs. wheelweights w/ 1 TBL. of high antimony shot -- water drop them.
** About 400% more penetration than a jacketed bullet in any realistic medium from live flesh to ballistic gelatin to wet saturated newspapers with inter-spaced bones.
** The LBT Stays nose-on with no yaw while traveling through flesh or liquid medium until it goes subsonic at the least.
** 25% tighter groups. 20% more wound cavitation.
** 80% less cost than jacketed bullets or better if you cast your own.
1. Approx. 17 grns. H-110 or 296 will yield about 1920 fps. in an 18" barrel. (Work up from maybe 16.5gr. or so).
Use MAGNUM PISTOL primers and crimp the bullet.
2. .357 Mag. brass is Everywhere and cheap as dirt; everybody has it. Sometimes its free.
3. No bullets to buy; you cast your own (you will have to buy Hornady gas checks).
4. Recoil Wayyyy less than a .243/.22-250 and the report is QUIET QUIET QUIET.
5. At 17 grns. of H-110 (or 296), a can of powder goes a Lonnggg way -- 411 rounds.
6. The rounds are about Half the size, weight and maybe 1/5 the recoil of a .44 Mag. In a Grab N' Go you could Easily have over 300 rounds with you -- No Sweat, AND control your environment to easily beyond 350 yards.
7. You have a short, light, accurate, fast firing carbine holding 10 rounds w/ no recoil-induced bullet back-out problems in a spring cushioned magazine tube. You DO WANT the Marlin Model 94 as it will reliably feed this bullet, and you can clean it from the breech. It will weigh 8 lbs. fully loaded with Scoutscope mounted, OR, you can mount say a Burris Fullfield II Riflescope 2X-7X.
8. Compare this .35 caliber bullet, shape, weight, velocity, penetration, recoil, cost, and effectiveness against say a .30-30.
9. I would guess that Most of today's shooters/hunters/riflemen have Very Little idea of what can be accomplished with lead bullet technology similar to what was used 2 centuries ago. You look around and you don't see any more Buffalo wandering about.
10. THIS IS A SERIOUS, DEADLY, EFFICIENT, ALL-ROUND SYSTEM!
You could employ this carbine system say to a town's population of females from young girls 10 years of age on up, (even young girls will LOVE shooting this rifle) who have been taught only basic Riflecraft and Mindset... and have an unbelievable force to be reckoned with. It is an AWESOME combination for either hunting, or, for urban warfare if needed.
It is unbelievably deadly and it is accurate, zilch recoil and QUIET QUIET QUIET. This combination has shot lengthwise completely through Elk up in Idaho; this bullet is the KEY to this combination to be able to have such capabilities. The bullet Ballistic Coefficient is .187, the B.C. being run as a G-1 drag model.
You can easily be effective to 300 yards with this combination, and it looks plebeian and Totally Innocent. 10 rounds of this as fast as you need to shoot and as fast as you can work that lever and shoot...its Fast!
THIS SYSTEM WORKS!!
11. All of this, in a simple "innocent, plebeian, ho-hum" looking piece at an inexpensive price that is "legal" even in places like the Peoples Republik of New Jersey or Kalifornia.
I FEEL THAT THIS SYSTEM REALLLYYY NEEDS TO BE EXPLOITED TO ITS MAXIMUM ADVANTAGE BY THE RIGHT PEOPLE.
I know how hard it can be to sort out all the sub-forums on TB2K but there is a Firearms sub. http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/forum...and-Fieldcraft,
That forum should get all the gun nuts aware of this article, you might want to post it over there, too, and 'make their day'
The problem is that people keep screaming:"The wolf is coming, the wolf is coming!" so often that we never notice the coyote that is running off with the chickens.
NOTICE: Timebomb2000 is an Internet forum for discussion of world events and personal disaster preparation. Membership is by request only. The opinions posted do not necessarily represent those of TB2K Incorporated (the owner of this website), the staff or site host. Responsibility for the content of all posts rests solely with the Member making them. Neither TB2K Inc, the Staff nor the site host shall be liable for any content.
All original member content posted on this forum becomes the property of TB2K Inc. for archival and display purposes on the Timebomb2000 website venue. Said content may be removed or edited at staff discretion. The original authors retain all rights to their material outside of the Timebomb2000.com website venue. Publication of any original material from Timebomb2000.com on other websites or venues without permission from TB2K Inc. or the original author is expressly forbidden.
"Timebomb2000", "TB2K" and "Watching the World Tick Away" are Service Mark℠ TB2K, Inc. All Rights Reserved.