Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT 38 years ago - we said "I do"
+ Reply to Thread

38 years ago - we said "I do"

What counts in a marriage . . .

What counts in a marriage are all of the ways that a husband and wife give and take . . .
    . . the fun that they share and the dreams that they dare
    . . and the small, tender gestures they make
    What count are the times they keep talking things through until they can get them worked out . .
    . . the faith that they show and the lengths that they go
    . . and the friendship that id never in doubt . . .
    What counts in a marriage are all of the ways that a husband and wife will discover . .
    . . that they know in their hearts they can always count on each other.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by NWPhotog; 04-26-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    Hold fast to your dreams.
    For without dreams
    life is a broken-winged bird
    that cannot fly.

Happy Anniversary NW and this is for both of you of course.

What you wrote is so very true. And the main point being trust.

You're very lucky to have been able to live with these feelings for 38 years.
    "The karma café has no menu......You get served what you deserve!"

".Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW, What a ride!"

Personal Responsibility..The one thing no one can take away from you

."The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still, small voice within me."

A very Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. NW.
    I could not wish anything more to anyone then a long and loving marriage.
    You are many times blessed.
    Take care,
    Linda In CA

Congratulations to you both and Happy Anniversary.
    In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people. Source – The Declaration of Independence

Now that would make you both about 40 years old right? Child bride and groom.

Just kidding. Congratulations. Sharing a life. Envy.

Although I have Owner. But not the same.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Congratulations! Sadly, an all too rare accomplishment in today's world.

Wishing you many more happy ones together.

Happy Anniversary!

It is such a joy to have a partner in life!

Wishing you & yours the best!
    ...that those "who having no appeal on earth to right them, they are left to the only remedy in such cases, an appeal to heaven." ~ John Locke
    *~* Appeal to Heaven *~*
    ~Prepare for Our Valley Forge~

Congratulations and may you have many more.
    You are truly blessed.
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." -DH Lawrence
    "We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are." - The Talmud

A very Happy Anniversary to you and the Mrs. NW!

38 years wow, were at 18 years and chugging right along...

Give her a big old wet sloppy kiss on the cheek from me!

SIRR1

Congrats and best wishes for the years ahead.
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Congrats! Wife and I are 14 years married today!
    Please stop calling me a "cracker." The correct term in "Saltine-American."

So, you think it's going to work out for you kids? ;-{)>

2nd Peter 1:19 - We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts

Happy Anniversary, you two are blessed!
    once you accept the exception...the exception becomes the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by eXe View Post
    Congrats! Wife and I are 14 years married today!
    Congrats to you and missus as well eXe!

Congrats! We are close behind. 36 years last October.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Protesting is like scratching a chalk board. It annoys but produces nothing of substance.

Congratulations NWP, and to you too, exe.

Our relationship with The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit notwithstanding, I can't think of a greater blessing in life than that of a soul mate. It's lovely to hear about others who have been given the same gift too.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]NOTHING WE DO MEANS ANYTHING IF IT IS NOT MOTIVATED BY LOVE, AND NOTHING WE LOVE IS SERVED IF IT DOES NOT MOTIVATE US TO DO.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

14 congratulations NW

I don't post much, but, I have long awaited any new photos NW posts here. True genius with a camera, and apparently a great mate, as well. Best wishes for 38 more.

Congratulations NW ! My DH and I will hit 38 years on May 26. The baby shower for our first grandchild will be on that date. My DD asked if this was ok and I told her that I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate our day.

Congratulations and many more.

DM
    NEVER AGAIN!

The problem is that people keep screaming:"The wolf is coming, the wolf is coming!" so often that we never notice the coyote that is running off with the chickens.

"I could be wrong, it could be worse." Infomajic

Congratulations! I have been with Honey for about 35 years now. Would not change it for the world.
    "Never let a dog watch your food or the government watch your money."
    – Barry M. Goldwater, Jr

Hope y'all have had a wonderful anniversary! Love your OP - it is so true! May you be blessed with many happy years to come!
    If we aren't showing a little love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

Best wishes for many more happy years! God bless you both!
    Far away across the field
    The tolling of the iron bell
    Calls the faithful to their knees
    To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

Happy Anniversary.