Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

HELP Need the hive mind- where can you buy contact lenses on line REASONABLY priced?
+ Reply to Thread

Need the hive mind- where can you buy contact lenses on line REASONABLY priced?

Guys... does anyone have a good website to buy contact lenses direct? My youngest son used to be able to get his contacts at 1-800-contacts.com (or something similar) for around $15 a box. Good deal, and they weren't anal about insisting that the prescription be renewed every 12 months on the dot. (he's careful with his eyes, but his vision hasn't changed much. Sometimes he just can't fit in an exam immediately (or can't get an appointment) and he forgets to buy a few pair ahead.

Anyway.... Walmart bought out 1-800-contacts- and immediately raised the price from $15 a box to $48 a box. When he complained, they said "well, you've got insurance, right? What's the problem?" Of course, being my kid, he says "every time we use insurance to OVERpay for medical stuff, it costs all of us. Just because I have insurance isn't an excuse to rip me off!"

Anyway... does anyone know of an equivalent to Zenni Optical online for contact lenses? He'll probably have to get a new prescription (and now he was just told that WalMart doesn't TAKE his insurance, when he had an exam scheduled! Good grief)

But there must be someplace out there where it's possible to still get a reasonable price for these things.

Help!

Thanks in advance...

Summerthyme

Friend gets her kids contacts at CostCo, not sure how much they cost.
    Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. Captain John Parker

Our eye doc has decent prices, and will give a quantity discount, so I order two boxes for each eye. You might want to check with a local eye physician.

RD
    You broke into the wrong rec room.

Local is a joke or a disaster. Prices AT LEAST as high as the new WalMart/1800contact extortion rates. No Costco anywhere in the area, unfortunately.

Thanks, though.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy View Post

Now those are some really good prices!
    "Good is better than evil, because it's nicer."

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    Now those are some really good prices!
    They are okay. I wanna see better!!!!

Since I don't wear contacts I don't know how the prices compare, but you can try here: http://www.coastal.com/?ilid=tnav

Laurie

A few buddies of mine use our local Sams Club for cheap/er/ contacts and glasses....worth looking into if you happen to have one local.

Is there anyplace (even overseas) where you can get contacts without a prescription? I used to wear contacts but as I got older my eyes don't like them as much. My eyes don't change and I wouldn't wear them very often but to renew the prescription is not only the perfunctory eye exam but an outrageous charge for 'fitting' them. Same stupid lenses every time that get put in the same way so to pay $130 for fitting is rather onerous.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    AT LEAST as high as the new WalMart/1800contact extortion rates.
    Summerthyme
    Look Summerthyme... Look with your special eyes...

Sorry Summerthyme... couldn't resist.
    Moses said to the children of Israel "pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the promised land". Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the promised land". Now Obama has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of camels, and mortgaged the promised land!

Thanks, guys... I'll forward the links to him and see what he finds. I don't know his brand, so I can't tell how they compare. If anything turns out to be a really good deal, I'll report back here.

Summerthyme

Thanks, guys... I'll forward the links to him and see what he finds. I don't know his brand, so I can't tell how they compare. If anything turns out to be a really good deal, I'll report back here.

Summerthyme
    VisionDirect is the sames as Lens.com and the prices are quite good. However, the recently began requiring the annual prescription. I suspect that they (or the mfgrs) are being harrassed over that requirement by your ever-present goobermint protectors.
    Use it up, wear it out,
    Make it do, or do without!

Glad you asked this, I can use this info too. Now, I just need some backup glasses.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

Well, you know that the place for glasses is www.Zennioptical.com, right?

I keep hoping there's something similar for contacts!

Thanks, all!

Summerthyme

Well, you know that the place for glasses is www.Zennioptical.com, right?

I keep hoping there's something similar for contacts!

Thanks, all!

Summerthyme
    Yeah, I looked at that site and will probably get mine from them.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36