Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WEATHER Good lord its hot
+ Reply to Thread

Good lord its hot

My nifty little thermometer is showing 102* outside...and its not even may yet... I have a feeling this is not going to be a pleasant summer

Where are you at? Don't need to give anything specific, just the general area or state.
    "The karma café has no menu......You get served what you deserve!"

".Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW, What a ride!"

Personal Responsibility..The one thing no one can take away from you

."The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still, small voice within me."

Texas? I know Texans on other boards are complaining.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

It's about the same here in SE NM, with humidity about 5% and wind gusts up to 30 mph. It's been dry here literally for years now. We're under a Red Flag fire watch till next week at least.

Kajun
    Stupid outta hurt immediately!

I'm in SE NM, too, and its hot. Just like last year. No wind today, but supposed to howl tomorrow and Friday.

Yuuup....hot here to 90 today 91 yesterday. It's going to be a hot dry summer in So Colorado.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

~Patrick Henry~, March 23, 1775

Its bloody freezing, there's snow on the mountains, i could have sworn we were in April, i might walk down the road in the morning and see what temp the sea is, the Atlantic Conveyor is supposed to keep our climate mild, it runs past the coast here, otherwise we'd be like Newfoundland, brrrrr
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

We are back to cooler temps in the northeast. We had some rain to take us out of fire warning condition. But I have been warned about June & July- fire months.

Low 70's 25% humidity this is unusual for this time of year, it should still be snowing.

Currently 62 degrees with 65% humidity here at 5 o'clock here in Oregon.

I'm holding out hope that we will have a summer this year.

We are still in Sprinter. . . some days spring, some days winter. Yesterday hot, today cold.

It finally warmed up enough to melt the 18" of snow we got earlier this week. This year sucks.

Summerthyme

It hit 91F here today, they haven't updated the temp since about 5pm.

K-

wow

103 today working in Brownwood
    Mars or Mexico GO HOME!!!!!!!
    If wishes were horses we'd be eatin steak

Going Galt 11-2012

When I went in to work I had left a can of Pepsi on the front passenger seat of the car. When I cam out this afternoon. There was pepsi all over the inside of the car. It got so hot, that the can blew up. The top came completely off.
    Earth is bootcamp for eternity.
    The Social Security number is a bigger threat to Liberty than Communism or Osama bin Laden.

104 today in Midland. All time high for 4/25 and for all of April and the earliest date with temp above 101. In April for goodness sake!
    At this rate, there won't be any green lawns by the end of May. Started once a week watering restrictions 4/1.

Gonna be a long hot summer. In more ways than one.

Was 90 here in Nebraska

Was 92 in Austin today. Humidity rising over the week, and wind 25+ mph.

We are in Central West Texas and it was 104 at 6:00pm. At 4:00, it was 102 and at 5:00, it was 103. Tomorrow is predicted to be at least 100.

Howdy, Folks!

Upper 70s here today. It was beautiful.

High tomorrow supposed to be in the mid 70s, then dropping back into the 60s for the rest of the week.

I do *not* miss Texas weather...

west texas here, lubbock area. i usually love the weather, however, this is for the birds...!

Quote Originally Posted by changed View Post
    When I went in to work I had left a can of Pepsi on the front passenger seat of the car. When I cam out this afternoon. There was pepsi all over the inside of the car. It got so hot, that the can blew up. The top came completely off.
    Sugar free?

Wow, I wouldn't want to be there in July!!!!

I'm very, very jealous. I could do with an extended period of dry heat really badly at the moment.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it isn't the end."

Spectacular weather all week in Vero Beach, FL. Very low (for us) humidity and cloudless skies! Could use some rain though.

It's not funny with all the heat down in TX. This morning elsewhere someone said it's supposed to be cooler today, and I said what like 95? And they said 98.

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Yes when I was driving home Monday the thermometer read 102. Today 75 with showers.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian"
    Henry Ford

=

Yesterday's temp here in San Angelo, Tx = 107 degrees a record setter!
    "We Have Done With Hope and Honor, We are lost to Love and Truth.
    We are Dropping down the ladder rung by rung;
    And the measurement of our torment is the measure of our youth.
    God help us; for we knew the worst too young."

~~~~Kipling~~~~

http://ms.essortment.com/dutchmanflying_rrqy.htm
    ~~~ The Flying Dutchman~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Ambros View Post
    west texas here, lubbock area. i usually love the weather, however, this is for the birds...!
    Roasted? or fried? (birds)
    "We Have Done With Hope and Honor, We are lost to Love and Truth.
    We are Dropping down the ladder rung by rung;
    And the measurement of our torment is the measure of our youth.
    God help us; for we knew the worst too young."

~~~~Kipling~~~~

http://ms.essortment.com/dutchmanflying_rrqy.htm
    ~~~ The Flying Dutchman~~~

Its finally warmed up again here so I think our blackberry winter is GONE thank GOD!!! But the wind has been blowing like it should be March instead of April.

News said last night it was 111 in Knox City yesterday. Glad I don't live there; but it's not very far from here. (Abilene area). We were bad enough with 103.

Howdy, Folks!

It is absolutely, impossibly, indescribably beautiful here, today. I watched an amazing sunrise, and without leaving my yard (Otherwise known as "The Goober Domain" in a nod to the Late Great Bill Hicks), have been floored by how incredible the light is here. Perfect temperature, light breeze, fluffy clouds - breathtaking. I miss some of the folks, but I don't miss Texas and it's horrifically brutal weather.

There it is...

Recently heard a report that CERN (European scientific group) has concluded that SOLAR variations are responsible for the climate issues
    we're experiencing...& nothing to do with human activity.

Suspect that there IS some degree of climate variation that can ascribed to humans, but it's probably minor - the Sun is the Big Bopper
    with respect to climate on this planet.

34. I can't believe these posts! I just want to be able to turn off the bloody furnace!! Finally, according to the forecast, Tuesday will be the first day in about a month that our lows will be back up into the 40s. They've been in the 20s and 30s. We've had frost every morning this week. Feel free to share some of that heat!

I'll trade you...i prefer cold versus hot...

weather went from strange to tornados now we have a storm just circling above us...i do love me some west texas weather...

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?r...01111&loop=yes

It's not just the heat here, but the humidity. Austin, Texas. High 80s to mid 90s (already) for the last ten days. With 50% + relative humidity. Now comes the high winds, soon to be followed by our neighbors south of the border setting half their country on fire to clear land for farming. All that smoke moves north, not really dissipating until Kansas. All of Austin smells like a burning trash dump. For weeks, with hazy, irritating air quality.