Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ECON Possible US Financial Crisis Before Christmas - Ann Barnhardt on TruNews
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible US Financial Crisis Before Christmas - Ann Barnhardt on TruNews

Prepare For Impact - Possible US Financial Crisis Before Christmas - Ann Barnhardt

This is a post I made this morning on my blog

This is a TruNews.com MP3 audio file from yesterday, Monday, November 28, 2011.

Rick Wiles interviews Ann Barnhardt. It's rare to hear a no-holds barred, tell it like it is presentation like this one.

To get up to speed on what's being discussed you may want to read this article before listening to the interview:

"The Entire System Has Been Utterly Destroyed By The MF Global Collapse" - Presenting The First MF Global Casualty

Listen

Download

CAUTION: Salvation information briefly addressed a couple times for anyone sensitive to reminders about eternity.

Topic: Colorado agriculture hedge trader Ann Barnhardt shuts the doors of her financial firm to return all of her clients money. Find out what lead her to this shocking announcement in this powerful interview

www.barnhardt.biz

Here's Ann Barnhardt's YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnnBarnhardt?feature=mhum
    Last edited by HeritageDoc; 11-29-2011 at 08:51 AM.

cliff notes anyone? i have zero time today to listen!

thanks if you can- thanks if you can not...

blessings...
    SnowSquaw
    WHO IS Q? #QANON #WWG1WGA .... Let's do this.

To get up to speed on what's being discussed you may want to read this article before listening to the interview:

"The Entire System Has Been Utterly Destroyed By The MF Global Collapse" - Presenting The First MF Global Casualty

BCM Has Ceased Operations (source)
    Posted by Ann Barnhardt - November 17, AD 2011 10:27 AM MST

Dear Clients, Industry Colleagues and Friends of Barnhardt Capital Management,

It is with regret and unflinching moral certainty that I announce that Barnhardt Capital Management has ceased operations. After six years of operating as an independent introducing brokerage, and eight years of employment as a broker before that, I found myself, this morning, for the first time since I was 20 years old, watching the futures and options markets open not as a participant, but as a mere spectator.

The reason for my decision to pull the plug was excruciatingly simple: I could no longer tell my clients that their monies and positions were safe in the futures and options markets – because they are not. And this goes not just for my clients, but for every futures and options account in the United States. The entire system has been utterly destroyed by the MF Global collapse. Given this sad reality, I could not in good conscience take one more step as a commodity broker, soliciting trades that I knew were unsafe or holding funds that I knew to be in jeopardy.

The futures markets are very highly-leveraged and thus require an exceptionally firm base upon which to function. That base was the sacrosanct segregation of customer funds from clearing firm capital, with additional emergency financial backing provided by the exchanges themselves. Up until a few weeks ago, that base existed, and had worked flawlessly. Firms came and went, with some imploding in spectacular fashion. Whenever a firm failure happened, the customer funds were intact and the exchanges would step in to backstop everything and keep customers 100% liquid – even as their clearing firm collapsed and was quickly replaced by another firm within the system.

Everything changed just a few short weeks ago. A firm, led by a crony of the Obama regime, stole all of the non-margined cash held by customers of his firm. Let’s not sugar-coat this or make this crime seem “complex” and “abstract” by drowning ourselves in six-dollar words and uber-technical jargon. Jon Corzine STOLE the customer cash at MF Global. Knowing Jon Corzine, and knowing the abject lawlessness and contempt for humanity of the Marxist Obama regime and its cronies, this is not really a surprise. What was a surprise was the reaction of the exchanges and regulators. Their reaction has been to take a bad situation and make it orders of magnitude worse. Specifically, they froze customers out of their accounts WHILE THE MARKETS CONTINUED TO TRADE, refusing to even allow them to liquidate. This is unfathomable. The risk exposure precedent that has been set is completely intolerable and has destroyed the entire industry paradigm. No informed person can continue to engage these markets, and no moral person can continue to broker or facilitate customer engagement in what is now a massive game of Russian Roulette.

I have learned over the last week that MF Global is almost certainly the mere tip of the iceberg. There is massive industry-wide exposure to European sovereign junk debt. While other firms may not be as heavily leveraged as Corzine had MFG leveraged, and it is now thought that MFG’s leverage may have been in excess of 100:1, they are still suicidally leveraged and will likely stand massive, unmeetable collateral calls in the coming days and weeks as Europe inevitably collapses. I now suspect that the reason the Chicago Mercantile Exchange did not immediately step in to backstop the MFG implosion was because they knew and know that if they backstopped MFG, they would then be expected to backstop all of the other firms in the system when the failures began to cascade – and there simply isn’t that much money in the entire system. In short, the problem is a SYSTEMIC problem, not merely isolated to one firm.

Perhaps the most ominous dynamic that I have yet heard of in regards to this mess is that of the risk of potential CLAWBACK actions. For those who do not know, “clawback” is the process by which a bankruptcy trustee is legally permitted to re-seize assets that left a bankrupt entity in the time period immediately preceding the entity’s collapse. So, using the MF Global customers as an example, any funds that were withdrawn from MFG accounts in the run-up to the collapse, either because of suspicions the customer may have had about MFG from, say, watching the company’s bond yields rise sharply, or from purely organic day-to-day withdrawls, the bankruptcy trustee COULD initiate action to “clawback” those funds. As a hedge broker, this makes my blood run cold. Generally, as the markets move in favor of a hedge position and equity builds in a client’s account, that excess equity is sent back to the customer who then uses that equity to offset cash market transactions OR to pay down a revolving line of credit. Even the possibility that a customer could be penalized and additionally raped AGAIN via a clawback action after already having their customer funds stolen is simply villainous. While there has been no open indication of clawback actions being initiated by the MF Global trustee, I have been told that it is a possibility.

And so, to the very unpleasant crux of the matter. The futures and options markets are no longer viable. It is my recommendation that ALL customers withdraw from all of the markets as soon as possible so that they have the best chance of protecting themselves and their equity. The system is no longer functioning with integrity and is suicidally risk-laden. The rule of law is non-existent, instead replaced with godless, criminal political cronyism.

Remember, derivatives contracts are NOT NECESSARY in the commodities markets. The cash commodity itself is the underlying reality and is not dependent on the futures or options markets. Many people seem to have gotten that backwards over the past decades. From Abel the animal husbandman up until the year 1964, there were no cattle futures contracts at all, and no options contracts until 1984, and yet the cash cattle markets got along just fine.

Finally, I will not, under any circumstance, consider reforming and re-opening Barnhardt Capital Management, or any other iteration of a brokerage business, until Barack Obama has been removed from office AND the government of the United States has been sufficiently reformed and repopulated so as to engender my total and complete confidence in the government, its adherence to and enforcement of the rule of law, and in its competent and just regulatory oversight of any commodities markets that may reform. So long as the government remains criminal, it would serve no purpose whatsoever to attempt to rebuild the futures industry or my firm, because in a lawless environment, the same thievery and fraud would simply happen again, and the criminals would go unpunished, sheltered by the criminal oligarchy.

To my clients, who literally TO THE MAN agreed with my assessment of the situation, and were relieved to be exiting the markets, and many whom I now suspect stayed in the markets as long as they did only out of personal loyalty to me, I can only say thank you for the honor and pleasure of serving you over these last years, with some of my clients having been with me for over twelve years. I will continue to blog at Barnhardt.biz, which will be subtly re-skinned soon, and will continue my cattle marketing consultation business. I will still be here in the office, answering my phones, with the same phone numbers. Alas, my retirement came a few years earlier than I had anticipated, but there was no possible way to continue given the inevitability of the collapse of the global financial markets, the overthrow of our government, and the resulting collapse in the rule of law.

As for me, I can only echo the words of David:

“This is the Lord’s doing; and it is wonderful in our eyes.”

With Best Regards-
    Ann Barnhardt

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/entire...lobal-casualty

We do not know the day but we all know it is very soon.

Oh my goodness, she's fiesty! Right...and fiesty!

She needs to get her own radio show going! She knows her stuff and is very informational!

Don’t buy from a faceless chain.
    Buy from a friend.

Shop Avon Online! - www.LizMetcalf.com
    Liz Metcalf - TB's Resident Avon Lady

Speaking of feisty financial femmes, does anyone have an update on Meredith Whitney's appearance before a Congressional financial committee? I think they want to take her to task for the no-no of being right too early. In her case, on shouting from the rooftops that municipal bonds would start imploding due to the financial crisis. The last I heard, they "invited" her to attend the hearing, she declined the "honor," and someone announced that they would subpoena her.

BTT

A must listen to show if you have the time.

Buy from a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
    Speaking of feisty financial femmes, does anyone have an update on Meredith Whitney's appearance before a Congressional financial committee? I think they want to take her to task for the no-no of being right too early. In her case, on shouting from the rooftops that municipal bonds would start imploding due to the financial crisis. The last I heard, they "invited" her to attend the hearing, she declined the "honor," and someone announced that they would subpoena her.
    They will do to her what Brooksly Born had done to her when she confronted Bernacke on the derivatives problem back in the 90's. They dismissed her as a stupid woman, what could she possibly know. Obviously, she knew way more than they did, because everything she warned about came true. But they blackballed her in the business and she lost her career.

Buy from a friend.

and ALL the stock markets around the world are UP today
    “SAVED” or “UNSAVED”, Jesus knows you personally,
    everything you are going through right now,
    and He loves you Dearly, and wants to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ainitfunny View Post
    and ALL the stock markets around the world are UP today
    Yeah, I've long thought that eventually the equity markets would resort to nothing but blind optimism for trading. Not nearly so much the bond markets.

But back on subject, I listened to this, and she has it nailed. She is well-spoken, an industry insider, and draws the logical conclusions.

I hope a few people indeed get some of the "leaks" into an eternity perspective. It's coming for every man. We're spirits with bodies. Thanks so much for that comment, HeritageDoc, and for the heads-up to this show.

11. Short squeeze... keeps all the traders/gamblers in line and following their lead instead of thinking too much for themselves and acting independently.

I think I would need a definition of 'crisis' as the ongoing situation has been in 'crisis' mode for so long, along with so many of the states.

Timing the market when the real PTB 'pull the rug out' is hard to do. We all know they will, but when is subject to so many variables and so much infighting among club members that it's way to hard to determine, let alone fix a date to it. I haven't listened to that link, but read the article before and it's just one drop of the veil after the next as this transition to the future occurs in which Wall Street for one won't be needed anymore. She's smart to get out with so much chaos warming up until we get another 'bank holiday'... if the script remains in place like '32-'33, then after the election or after the inauguration if a new prez is desired to lead the end of this puppet show.

Pay off those credit cards and any other debt you may have if at all possible. If you have preps to move, do it now before the drones are out monitoring your activities. TPTB seem about to make their move, and the market being UP is merely a pretend move in response to the pretend spending done last weekend. Nothing is as it appears, remember satan is the father of lies, he's the one behind all of this.

Thanks for the audio link.

"All right. They're on our left; they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us. . .they can't get away this time."

So what about stocks in commodities, and Apple? She's talking about derivatives, futures and basically the financials, isn't she?
    And I will enter into judgment with them there On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
    Whom they have scattered among the nations; They have also divided up My land.
    They have cast lots for My people..."
    (Joel 3:1-3)

Quote Originally Posted by Flippper View Post
    Pay off those credit cards and any other debt you may have if at all possible. If you have preps to move, do it now before the drones are out monitoring your activities. TPTB seem about to make their move, and the market being UP is merely a pretend move in response to the pretend spending done last weekend. Nothing is as it appears, remember satan is the father of lies, he's the one behind all of this.

Thanks for the audio link.
    As usual you're so very right. I think things are right on an edge. Judging by the behaviors of some people on Black Friday, I see proven once again that civilization so-called is such a thin veneer.
    I believe the PTB are going to use and encourage chaos so as to heighten the calls for a strong leader who can solve all of our troubles.
    And I will enter into judgment with them there On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
    Whom they have scattered among the nations; They have also divided up My land.
    They have cast lots for My people..."
    (Joel 3:1-3)

Did you catch the comment the interviewer said regarding arming Mexicans to come to the US via Fast and Furious? Go read my 4th Quarter thread in the BS if you haven't read it, it dovetails.

"All right. They're on our left; they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us. . .they can't get away this time."

probably one of the best interviews I've ever heard on trunews! This one is not to be missed!!! I put beer in the frig for DH so he can sit down and listen when he gets home....he's gonna want those beers!

(tagged for 2nights viewing thanks)

I agree. One of the best interviews I've heard in a long time. i didn't think there was anyone left in the financial industry that believed the same way we do.

Buy from a friend.

What show? Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by bethshaya View Post
    BTT

A must listen to show if you have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonowl View Post
    What show? Got a link?
    I guess you click listen ( in blue color) at the beginning post. I have seen Anne's videos. She also know what is going on.

I just downloaded and listened to the show. Sobering and a bit troubling.

Actually, very troubling, until I remembered that God is in control and that the things that are coming are necessary to bring about the prophecies in the book of Revelation. Remember, wars and rumors of wars, but let not your hearts be troubled? How about this one: He maketh all, both great and small, free and bond to take the mark of the beast or the number of his name.

So I need to settle down and ask Him what plans to make. He knows.

What I follow is that World War Three is planned and will start before they collapse the system. The reason for this is simple unlike the last two world wars we would have chaos in the streets once the system is collapsed. Of course the offer will be on to join up and see the world for a time.

Anyway Syria is about to go along with Iran. Syria I have said since joining Timebomb will kick off world war three.

look the monetary system is simple, no conspiracy, if you don;t understand it by now I feel sorry for you, but it needs implanting in your brain

I have one problem with Ann............while due to the nature of her business she carries crediblity in her observations.....I have one major fault with her conclusions.

She places a time time/date on a financial collaspe.........and coming very soon.

Before Christmas..........

Now that is a very bold statement and while it wouldn't surprise me to see the collapse, if we don't................................

Then she is going to look more like a doomer than a forecaster...........and lose the crediblity that she has..........

I'm surprised she doesn't climb the ladder of influence beyond Obama and the government to the international banking cartal.................she of anyone would realize that.

Not critical here.........its a good interview..........but Celente and others have set dates (years or quaters) of a collapse and every time it doesn 't happen..........credibity is lost and people won't listen to the important things the will continue to share........

she is full of shit with no understanding of the monetary system

Christmas has no correlation with monetary cycles

Wow!

That wonderful lady blew my socks off! {that is how an amazing number of people actually feel - don't swallow the 'everyone's a couch potato' propaganda we are being fed to keep us divided against ourselves, this is the new 'normal'}

The {words fail me to describe the culprits} won't know what hit them, if they push their luck much further.

eta: she said it might happen before Christmas.

And it might.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it isn't the end."

Just got done listening. Thank you so much for sharing. Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastech View Post
    Wow!

That wonderful lady blew my socks off! {that is how an amazing number of people actually feel - don't swallow the 'everyone's a couch potato' propaganda we are being fed to keep us divided against ourselves, this is the new 'normal'}

The {words fail me to describe the culprits} won't know what hit them, if they push their luck much further.

eta: she said it might happen before Christmas.

And it might.
    OK it won't happen as the PTB will prevent it, no matter how intelligent you may seem

anyway prove me wrong if something does or does not happen
    don't get too worked up about this stuff

What show? Got a link?
    or this: http://www.trunews.com/listen_now.htm Topic: Monday November 28, 2011

Guest: Ann Barnhardt

Topic: Colorado agriculture hedge trader Ann Barnhardt shuts the doors of her financial firm to return all of her clients money. Find out what lead her to this shocking announcement in this powerful interview

I recognize the woman in the photo in the OP. She's the one with a video of her burning pages from the Koran.

What show? Got a link?
    Here is the entire Rick Wiles show & interview with Ann Barnhardt- listening now...
    "whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"

Whoops!

"whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"

Colorado, via People's Republic of New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Perhaps when she meant to reference 30-45 days out, she was referencing Christmas?
    " 'cause we'll put a boot up your ass, it's the American way".

Preps = "Git 'r done"
    Preps = "Just do it"

OK it won't happen as the PTB will prevent it, no matter how intelligent you may seem

anyway prove me wrong if something does or does not happen
    don't get too worked up about this stuff
    I don't quite know how to explain this, but think of things from the perspective of 'the unsustainable must end' and 'tptb can't prevent what doesn't exist' and neither can they prevent what they don't believe exists - because they are trying to 'prevent' an illusion and can't deal with what they can't comprehend, as it were - and all of their 'pieces' are in all the wrong places, and all their efforts are going into the wrong things, as a result.

Which is not to say they can't do a huge amount of damage while the monster is 'going down'. They can, and possibly will, and will destroy themselves in the process.

I think I have mentioned Game Theory before, and how it's all based on completely flawed assumptions about human beings. It was used to design Artificial Intelligence, and the main designer, was a paranoid schizophrenic.

What this means is, the Artificial Intelligence we have, is literally barking mad. Since the early 1960's, this has permeated every level of Society, and is behind how education is run, how politics is run, even how our Police are run (real skills and experience were elbowed out in every walk of life, and university graduates adhering to Game Theory computer models, were levered into positions to replace them - thanks to 'Think Tanks' and NGO's driven by these computer models, driving policy for Government and everything else).

I have spoken with friends about this for many years now (the inevitable consequences were becoming very clear in the 1970's, and after a 'nudge' in the right direction, I bugged out in 1980, so basically I have been looking into this since). One of those friends stumbled across a study yesterday, and it clicked with everything I have been telling him over the years. Here's a link to it, and it's conclusions, below:
    .................................................. .............................................
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/...0/fulltext.pdf

The Influence of Corporate Psychopaths on Corporate Social Responsibility and Organizational Commitment to Employees

Conclusions

This research demonstrates the strong influence that the presence of Corporate Psychopaths has on perceptions of CSR and of organizational commitment to employees within organizations.

Commentators have suggested that the whole issue of corporate governance is fundamentally about such questions as, in whose interests should corporations be run? (Elkington, 2006). Corporate Psychopaths are only interested in self-gratification and not in the longer-term success of the organizations in which they work (Clarke, 2007). {'Somebody' could so care less about the Presidency or the Government, when there is golf to be played - he could care less if the Government or Nation falls apart around him, so long as he personally is having fun - that maybe hit a nerve with some? my comment, it's not in the study}

They are interested in running corporations for the power, money, and prestige that they crave and are self-interested to the exclusion of others and are indifferent to the fate of the organizations they work for or of their fellow employees (Babiak and Hare, 2006, Boddy, 2005a, Clarke, 2005, Cleckley, 1988). They would thus logically be expected to be a barrier to CSR and to organizational commitment to employees, and this current research supports this conclusion. It is not a surprising finding in this research, therefore, that altruistic behavior such as doing business in a socially responsible manner is perceived to be much lower when Corporate Psychopaths are present in management roles. Commentators on corporate governance have said that it often comes down to individual moral responsibility to ensure that sustainability and responsibility occur (Dawson, 2004). The problem with this is that Corporate Psychopaths are totally amoral.

It is not surprising then, that when Corporate Psychopaths are present in leadership positions within organizations, employees are less likely to agree with views that: the organization does business in a socially desirable manner; does business in an environmentally friendly manner; does business in a way that shows commitment to employees and less likely to feel that the organization does business in a way that benefits the local community. Working under Corporate Psychopaths, employees feel unrecognized for their good work, unappreciated and feel themselves to be not properly rewarded for their work.

The power inherent in senior managerial roles in major organizations and corporations means that the implications of these findings are obviously significant for corporate governance and for the societies in which those organizations operate. Organizations and societies that want business corporations to operate in ways that benefit society, the environment, the local community, and employees, will need to make sure that Corporate Psychopaths are not running those businesses. Those who are interested in issues of corporate governance and management should take the existence of Corporate Psychopaths into consideration in their future research and in the recommendations that stem from that research.
    .................................................. ..........................................

I don't think Obama is actively working to bring America down (though I strongly suspect that he is surrounded by people that are). I seriously don't think he could care less if it does or it doesn't. Which might indeed be why he was chosen for the job of going on the ballot paper in the first place. It doesn't change the fact that he is an extremely dangerous individual to have in the Oval Office, but not for the 'usual' reasons. He is actually far more dangerous than that, unless he has been 'neutralised' via the teleprompter (and who knows what medication).

Now consider this. This study only looked at Corporate Psychopaths. It's the tip of the iceberg, and it's a darned huge iceberg. But it ticks an awful lot of boxes.

The 'intelligence' driving TPTB (and everything else in Society now), is completely and utterly barking mad. It sees 'barking mad' as not only normal, but desirable. 'Barking mad' is its reality, and it doesn't just promote it, it actively recruits for it. Including for names on ballot papers. Despite every single real world experiment attempting to prove the hypothesis "The only thing that can work is the barking mad" failing at every turn, at each repetition, success is expected - which is why "Nobody could have seen it coming" is the response at every failure, and there is the widespread and all too frequent confusion of "Why isn't it working?", it is still the 'Holy Grail' pursued by people who are supposed to be more than smart enough to know a heck of a lot better.

The AI 'thinks' it is the only one that's 'sane' (normal with the insane - when you know you are insane, you are cured) and that the course of action it recommends will lead to peace, harmony, fluffy kittens, and a wonderful Planet where the weather never varies too much from a desirable constant of not too much rain, not too much sunshine, not too much cold, and not too much warmth. It has control of the dice to roll, and boy is it loading them (at vast public expense - but then, it's only numbers, right?).

Now what happens when the built in Paranoid Schizophrenia kicks in, and it suspects we are all out to get it? When its 'feelings' get hurt, after so much effort, doing its best for us, as it might see it (remember how Adolf Hitler got to really hate the Germans, for them letting him down so badly?).

You know, we 'might' have to turn all the computers off for a bit, while we sort this mess out.

And I do mean ALL of the computers.

The lunatics have indeed taken over the asylum.
    Last edited by Rastech; 11-29-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it isn't the end."

?? You really literally think she means that Christmas (the holiday) has the correlation to the event of the collapse?

She means a time reference. She only thinks we have a few weeks before it implodes. The celebration of Christs birth has nothing to do with the collapse itself.

Jeepers!

Buy from a friend.

http://www.sovereignman.com/

Sovereign Man
    Notes from the Field

Date: November 29, 2011
    Reporting From: Santiago, Chile

If the global financial crisis has taught the world anything, it's that there is massive weakness running through western banking systems.

The big banks in New York and London, once considered to be the strongest and most stable in the world, have been completely exposed for what they are-- weak, toxic, and corrupt.

Between subprime debt, shaky sovereign bonds, and uncertain consumer loans, most of these banks are sitting on incalculable losses. They get around disclosing their true financial condition by using clever accounting tricks (which are completely legal thanks to government regulators).

As such, they can go on borrowing money from the Federal Reserve at 0% and loaning it to the US government at 2%-- a practice that has essentially become the banks' core business.

If you haven't noticed, most banks hardly lend against anything that isn't guaranteed by the government anymore. A Fannie Mae conforming loan is a no-brainer, but making a small business loan is a non-starter.

By way of personal experience, one company that I co-own is a very successful retail products brand. We went to the bank to obtain a loan to buy more inventory, secured by accounts receivables and contracts from mass retailers (think Wal Mart and Target).

And yet, no bank would finance us, even with our strong revenues, brand success, documented future cash flows, and excellent credit. The only loan they would grant had to be matched and secured by cash. In other words, they would happily loan $1 million... as long as we deposited $1 million in cash as collateral.

This is hardly a well-functioning system... let alone the pinnacle of global banking.

I've long pounded the table on banking overseas-- foreign banks are often healthier, more innovative, more secure... and best of all, not controlled by your home government.

You may be surprised, for example, to learn that, according to recent FT data, the country with the most profitable banking sector (as a percentage of average capital) is none other than... Pakistan! The country's banks posted an average profit of 36.41% of capital. Brazil, Indonesia, and Egypt rounded out the top 4, all exceeding 30%.

(Australia and Canada were the only big western nations in the top 25 at roughly 20% each.)

In terms of regional profitability, Latin American banks lead the world with an average return on capital of 27.09%. This is more than twice as high as North American banks (11.16%) and European banks (8.5%).

Real profits certainly count for something; banks that are legitimately profitable are healthier, and healthier banks are safer for depositors. In this day and age, bank safety is paramount.

I've often cited the fact that certain places like Singapore have never had a bank fail, ever, partly due to the high capitalization levels. This is a key measure of bank safety-- and some of the top jurisdictions in the world (as measured by stricter tier 2 capitalization levels) are Israel, Chile, Colombia, and Hong Kong.

By way of comparison, the US, UK, Canada, etc. are nowhere to be seen in the top-20 for this category.

One of my preferred metrics for bank safety, however, is the loan-to-deposit ratio. For example, if a bank has $100 million in deposits, and their loan portfolio amounts to $95 million, then the loan to deposit ratio is 95%.

Clearly, the lower this ratio, the better; a safe bank has a lot of cash on hand and loans out funds judiciously.

Banking jurisdictions with some of the lowest loan-to-deposit ratios (i.e. the safer places) include Lebanon, the Philippines, Hong Kong, and Andorra. Places with the highest ratios (i.e. the riskiest) include old favorites like Italy, Ireland, Portugal, and Sweden.

With banking systems (and governments) collapsing all around us and the very nature of fiat currency being called into question, it's important that people no longer 'assume away' things like bank safety.

Just because a bank has been around for a hundred years doesn't mean it can't collapse. Just because there's a government guarantee doesn't mean the whole system can't collapse... including the government itself.

Until tomorrow,

Simon Black
    Senior Editor, SovereignMan.com

Fantastic interview. Worth hearing twice.

She knows exactly what she is talking about and she is ringing every alarm that she can. Sobering is correct.

(PMs & ARs)

Europe collapses(w/i 10 days)--> US collapses--> global war (or military junta in the US)

Quote Originally Posted by bethshaya View Post
    ?? You really literally think she means that Christmas (the holiday) has the correlation to the event of the collapse?

She means a time reference. She only thinks we have a few weeks before it implodes. The celebration of Christs birth has nothing to do with the collapse itself.

Jeepers!
    Exactly; she isnt putting the Christmas date in stone; it is simply that imminent. She said she would be surprised if we make it to Christmas & she would be completely surprised if we had another election.

Her site-
    http://barnhardt.biz/

I didn't find any recent info on what Meredith Whitney is up to these days (although she's prominently and sympathetically mentioned in a November 2011 article for Vanity Fair, see below), but it might be worth considering that the following is from AFTER her infamous prediction (which, by the way, was until the end of 2011):

2011/11/29 - Washington state will likely intervene to help Wenatchee avoid defaulting on a bond payment for its pie-in-the-sky arena project (the looming default is feared as a potential catalyst for further financial problems across the state)

2011/10/12 - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy (a judge later ruled Harrisburg cannot legally file for municipal bankruptcy)

2011/11/09 - Jefferson County, Alabama voted to declare bankruptcy, at an estimated $4.1 billion it's the largest for a municipality in U.S. history (surpassing Orange County's (California) infamous bankruptcy in 1994)

-----

(excerpt from a long story I'm going to post in a new thread, this is part of an article by Michael Lewis for the November 2011 issue of Vanity Fair)

On December 14, 2010, the television news program 60 Minutes aired a 14-minute piece about U.S. state and local finances. Correspondent Steve Kroft interviewed a private Wall Street analyst named Meredith Whitney, who, back in 2007, had gone from being obscure to famous when she correctly suggested that Citigroup's losses in U.S. subprime bonds were far bigger than anyone imagined, and predicted the bank would be forced to cut its dividend. The 60 Minutes segment noted that U.S. state and local governments faced a collective annual deficit of roughly half a trillion dollars, adding that another trillion dollar gap existed between what the governments owed retired workers and the money they had on hand to pay them. Whitney pointed out that even these numbers were unreliable, and probably optimistic, as the states did a poor job of providing information about their finances to the public. New Jersey governor Chris Christie concurred with her and added, "At this point, if it's worse, what's the difference?" The bill owed by American states to retired American workers was so large that it couldn't be paid, whatever the amount. At the end of the piece, Kroft asked Whitney what she thought about the ability and willingness of the American states to repay their debts. She didn't see a real risk that the states would default, because the states had the ability to push their problems down to counties and cities. But at these lower levels of government, where American life was lived, she thought there would be serious problems. "You could see 50 to a hundred sizable defaults, [maybe] more," she said. A minute later Kroft returned to her to ask when people should start worrying about a crisis in local finances. "It'll be something to worry about within the next 12 months," she said.

That prophecy turned out to be self-fulfilling: people started worrying about U.S. municipal finance the minute the words were out of her mouth. The next day the municipal-bond market tanked. It kept falling right through the next month. It fell so far, and her prediction received so much attention, that money managers who had put clients into municipal bonds felt compelled to hire more people to analyze states and cities, to prove her wrong. (One of them called it "the Meredith Whitney Municipal Bond Analyst Full Employment Act.") Inside the financial world a new literature was born, devoted to persuading readers that Meredith Whitney didn't know what she was talking about. She was vulnerable to the charge: up until the moment she appeared on 60 Minutes she had, so far as anyone knew, no experience at all of U.S. municipal finance. Many of the articles attacking her accused her of making a very specific forecast -- "as many as a hundred defaults within a year!" -- that failed to materialize. (Sample Bloomberg News headline: Meredith Whitney loses credibility as muni defaults fall 60%.) The whirlwind thrown up by the brief market panic sucked in everyone who was anywhere near municipal finance. The nonpartisan, dispassionate, sober-minded Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, in Washington, D.C., even released a statement saying that there was a "mistaken impression that drastic and immediate measures are needed to avoid an imminent fiscal meltdown." This was treated in news accounts as a response to Meredith Whitney, as she was the only one in sight who could be accused of having made such a prediction.

But that's not at all what she had said: her words were being misrepresented so that her message might be more easily attacked. "She was referring to the complacency of the ratings agencies and investment advisers who say there is nothing to worry about," said a person at 60 Minutes who reviewed the transcripts of the interview for me, to make sure I had heard what I thought I had heard. "She says there is something to worry about, and it will be apparent to everyone in the next 12 months."

http://www.vanityfair.com/business/f...l-lewis-201111

Quote Originally Posted by imaginative View Post
    Fantastic interview. Worth hearing twice.

She knows exactly what she is talking about and she is ringing every alarm that she can. Sobering is correct.

(PMs & ARs)

Europe collapses(w/i 10 days)--> US collapses--> global war (or military junta in the US)

Exactly; she isnt putting the Christmas date in stone; it is simply that imminent. She said she would be surprised if we make it to Christmas & she would be completely surprised if we had another election.

Her site-
    http://barnhardt.biz/

Interesting.

I'm no financial analyst, nor am I a seer or the daughter of a seer...but I have had a sad feeling ever since last Christmas, that that would be our "last" Christmas---or at least, our last "normal" one...

time will tell--and I hope that I--and she---are wrong...
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

=

With the anouncement from the FED this morning that the FED would back up europe's banks (with the printing machine - printing "New Money" to cover some of the EU's bad debts... *And the news that this will onlybuy the EU a limited amount of time - then they be headed into the "crapper" again - taking the US with them...

The time frame mentioned? All this to occur before the first of the year....

=
    "We Have Done With Hope and Honor, We are lost to Love and Truth.
    We are Dropping down the ladder rung by rung;
    And the measurement of our torment is the measure of our youth.
    God help us; for we knew the worst too young."

~~~~Kipling~~~~

http://ms.essortment.com/dutchmanflying_rrqy.htm
    ~~~ The Flying Dutchman~~~