Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WTF?!? Bill Mandating California Schools Teach Gay History Is a Lesson in Controversy
+ Reply to Thread

8 Bill Mandating California Schools Teach Gay History Is a Lesson in Controversy

Bill Mandating California Schools Teach Gay History Is a Lesson in Controversy

Published June 30, 2011 | FoxNews.com

advertisement

After suffering setbacks in the fight to legalize gay marriage, gay rights activists in California are moving closer to victory in the classroom, which, under pending legislation, would become "gender sensitive" zones, mandating history lessons about gays and transgender Americans.

The Fair Education Act passed out of the State Senate and is now headed to the State Assembly. Also known as SB 48, the bill was authored by state Sen. Mark Leno (D-San Francisco).

"It will require that roles and contributions of LGBT Americans, not unlike African-Americans, Mexican Americans, women, and other traditionally overlooked groups, be included in school curriculum."

If the measure passes, the state would draw up guidelines for the districts, and then educators would get to decide who deserves inclusion.

Supporters suggest slain San Francisco politician Harvey Milk would be an appropriate choice. Leno contends Milk's fight for civil rights is as worthy of class study as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s. He adds this kind of "inclusive curriculum" will help protect students who may look, or act, differently.

But critics don't buy the anti-bullying argument, and say SB 48 hijacks history class to promote a gay agenda.

"In the past, history taught about what people did, what they accomplished," says Brad Dacus, head of the Pacific Justice Institute. "It didn't focus on their sexuality and what they did in the bedroom. Yet that is what this legislation will impose on every public school in the state of California dealing with heterosexuality, homosexual role models, transgender role models, all the way down to the kindergarten level."

Dacus adds, "It's California tax dollars from parents who are paying for this kind of indoctrination that's being put into public schools. That demeans them, their family, and their relationships."

Leno says it's the same criticism voiced years ago when schools embraced ethnic and women's studies.

"We should not be afraid to teach our children of the broad diversity of human experience," he says. "It's not going away, it's always been with us. We have different kinds of people, who are, under law, to be treated equally. Why would we not want to teach our children this?"

He says inclusive education is as important as the 3R's. "This all goes together."

But critics worry parents who object to this curriculum will be labeled intolerant, and that kids will start thinking about sexuality and gender identity at a very young age.

Despite those concerns, Leno's bill is widely expected to become law, which would make California the first state to require gay history be taught in public schools.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/30...n-controversy/

I went to gayheroes.com to try and find out who might be included in the people to teach. They listed Katherine Lee Bates, possibly Abraham Lincoln, Florence Nightingale. Not a big list on the internet easily found on who might be included.

A

don't forget Boy George and that black transsexual with a TV show. Gotta keep them contributions coming and alive.

Do y'all realize that to the gays in-general that seems to be what 'makes' them.

Not all. I've had gay and lesbian friends and there are some on the board but they did not/do not make their homosexuality the key point to their world. It is what it is and no more talked about than a straights relationship but hoo boy-get a group ofthose 'livin' the Life Loudly' and it is the main and seemingly only focus.

That's all this is.

I don't care if you are gay, black, have a tail...when it comes time to shoot, shovel and shut up-can you do that

I don't need a Catch-phrase. I'm Satanta. A Catch-phrase needs me.

"It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

http://chronart.wix.com/chronart

Just as recent threads have shown...it's not going to be enough for homosexuals to marry, the "agenda" is THE plan that will be shoved down our throats by force of law.

And that agenda is what I absolutely loathe. I couldn't care less what homosexuals do in their bedroom. But once they try to push it into K-12 schools, THAN I have an instant and enormous problem with it.

Public education in this country is a black hole. The more we taxpayers pour into it, the more unions take the money and leave kids with limited ability to read, write or even balance a damn checkbook. But oh yes, let's cram some fake special interest agenda down our kids throats so we can dumb them down for our leftist agenda.

Get all the good folk out of CA and let the sewer hole drop into the sea. Give it to LaRaza, they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by amarilla View Post
    I went to gayheroes.com to try and find out who might be included in the people to teach. They listed Katherine Lee Bates, possibly Abraham Lincoln, Florence Nightingale. Not a big list on the internet easily found on who might be included.

A
    Homosexual activists have been "outing" historical figures who are dead and cannot defend themselves for a long time. The reason they claim Abraham Lincoln as one of them is because he slept in the same bed with a man for a while. In those days, especially on the frontier, but also commonly in public house or boarding houses (which was where Abraham Lincoln was at the time), people who were strangers would share beds for the night since there weren't enough beds or bedding. Naturally they put men with men and women with women to avoid the obvious.

Saying Lincoln was a homosexual because of this is ridiculous. Any single man or woman from past history is also up for grabs.
    Last edited by Be Well; 07-01-2011 at 11:46 PM.
    Asato Ma Sad Gamaya
    Tamaso Ma Jyotir Gamaya

Leave illusion, come to the Truth
    Leave the darkness, come to the Light

It is so far worse than people know - - - http://www.massresistance.org/docs/i...uts/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    And that agenda is what I absolutely loathe. I couldn't care less what homosexuals do in their bedroom. But once they try to push it into K-12 schools, THAN I have an instant and enormous problem with it.
    Dennis, we may disagree on this but to me this is the problem. Once gay marriage becomes legal in the entire country we have in effect said it is perfectly normal and acceptable. Any reluctance to treat it as normal or any opposition to the gay agenda becomes discrimination. A slippery slope indeed.

Topcat, to me it's not about BEHAVIOR. It's about CIVIL RIGHTS.

Back in the 50's IIRC, we were saying basically the same kind of things about "them niggers." It doesn't matter what you or I think about what they do. It never did. We are free to agree or disagree with their behavior all we want. But no true American can rationally propose the stripping of civil rights from a group of people with whom they have a disagreement about their personal behavior. It's simply insane IMO.

What about the french pilot or maybe he was a steward who traveled around the world giving hundreds aids ..He's a historical figure.
    " Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"- Sigmond Freud

Turn your swords into plowshares ,and you'll be plowing for those that didn't...

We didn't create GOD out of our imagination ,He created us out of his...

A friend will help you move ,But a good friend will help you move a body..

Sometimes the West Coast, sometimes the South.
    I can see it as being included when teaching about the Civil Rights movement and how it has evolved. That is, in fact, a part of history. But to dedicate a program to this is ridiculous - but just as ridiculous as Black History, Mexican History, and yes even WHite History. Why can't history just be history? Selecting any group for special treatment only inflames others and has the potential to divide, rather than unite.
    Politicians can't give us anything without depriving us of something else. Government is not a god. Every dime they spend must first be taken from someone else. -- unknown

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    I can see it as being included when teaching about the Civil Rights movement and how it has evolved. That is, in fact, a part of history. But to dedicate a program to this is ridiculous - but just as ridiculous as Black History, Mexican History, and yes even WHite History. Why can't history just be history? Selecting any group for special treatment only inflames others and has the potential to divide, rather than unite.
    Black, Mexican and White histories at least have something to provide. The appropriate way to teach those histories would probably be to teach European History, American History, African History, Asian History, etc... Focus on where the history happened and who it involved. It has nothing to do with their race.

The day same sex marriage became legal in MA - due to one judge, btw - the people of MA are never permitted to vote on themselves - immediately the head of the MA Education Department demanded that all schools teach that "gay is good". Freedom of speech, association and religion are destroyed by the homosexual agenda. It's not about rights, it's about making some strange, unnatural and unhealthy behaviors special and no one can say anything against these behaviors or it's "hate speech".
    Asato Ma Sad Gamaya
    Tamaso Ma Jyotir Gamaya

The other nite, a radio talk show host commented that with the states where the public voted whether gays should be allowed to marry, the results were always no. But, whenever it was the state legislature that voted, it was FOR gay marriages. Does that tell you anything? Like they can and are bought off?

My comments are "As in the days of Noah......." the Scriptures referring to the last days.

The trouble with tall of this is until the "gay gene" is found with absolutely NO question, anybody with a hankering to be a minority just has to make a verbal claim that he/she is gay and deserving of special rights.

This opens the door to many race based educational assist programs, financial assistance etc.

Are you willing to accept somebody's word that they are a minority or should government demand proof?

"History is written by the victors" Sir Winston Churchill.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. Susan B. Anthony

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by feralmama View Post
    "History is written by the victors" Sir Winston Churchill.
    Churchill was wrong. The course of human events is determined by God. It is already written and is immutable. There will be an adjustment coming in prople's thinking; one thay will be hard for some.

Quote Originally Posted by gelatinous View Post
    The trouble with tall of this is until the "gay gene" is found with absolutely NO question, anybody with a hankering to be a minority just has to make a verbal claim that he/she is gay and deserving of special rights.

This opens the door to many race based educational assist programs, financial assistance etc.

Are you willing to accept somebody's word that they are a minority or should government demand proof?
    Homosexual reserachers and scientists have bascially quit looking for any biological or genetic cause for homosexuality; they've admitted defeat. There are countless thousands of former homosexuals. It's merely unnatural behavior that a person can choose to engage in or not engage in. There is absolutely no logical, moral or Constitutional reason for someone to have any special rights because they want to or choose to engage in any kind of sexual perversion wether it be same sex, S and M, bestiality, necrophilia, or whatever.
    Asato Ma Sad Gamaya
    Tamaso Ma Jyotir Gamaya

Quote Originally Posted by Quisling View Post
    Churchill was wrong. The course of human events is determined by God. It is already written and is immutable. There will be an adjustment coming in prople's thinking; one thay will be hard for some.
    Just curious, how does free will fit into this then?
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. Susan B. Anthony

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Nietzsche

There is no such thing as gay history, just history the result of people, whether feminine, masculine, heterosexual , non sexual or homosexual and sexuality is irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    There is no such thing as gay history, just history the result of people, whether feminine, masculine, heterosexual , non sexual or homosexual and sexuality is irrelevant
    +1000

FM, how does free will fit in? God knows all that has happened and all that will happen. He knows WHY it will happen. But the Lord will not interfere in free agency. But He knows how each and every one of us will ultimately be judged.

JMHO

OK can a gay person tell me just what events etc have been initiated on behalf of gays by gays for specific reasons of homosexuality in the last 5000 years and why/if these events excluded heterosexuals
    Last edited by Richard; 07-04-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sy32478 View Post
    It is so far worse than people know - - - http://www.massresistance.org/docs/i...uts/index.html
    SY32478, oh my gosh. You are SO right. I had no idea. DH is a teacher - thankfully not in MA - and this will start a whole new conversation. I am not so naive as to think this is confined to MA though. But how many parents of school-aged kids have any clue about this?

So glad my kids are grown, but I fear for my grandson, as well as all other kids these days.

God help us all.

I need a shower after looking at that link.