Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Carpenter's Bluff Bridge
+ Reply to Thread

Carpenter's Bluff Bridge

Went on a short photo journey early in the week up near Oklahoma/Texas border...

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."
    John Lennon

Beautiful! I love old bridges.

Haha, Blueberry, that is exactly what I was going to say! For me it's one of those freakish fetishes I've had forever.

How old is it dwsjr? Those boards don't look very stable.
    ""If the American people knew what we have done, they would string us up from the lamp posts." George H.W. Bush

That is just beautiful, in a stark way. Where is that exactly? I would love to see more of your work too.
    The world has achieved brilliance without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we do about peace, more about killing than we do about living. If we continue to develop our technology without wisdom or prudence, our servant may prove to be our executioner. - General Omar Bradley

nice work....that first one is begging for a frame

tell me about it! I would love to put that one on my wall if doable myself....
    The world has achieved brilliance without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we do about peace, more about killing than we do about living. If we continue to develop our technology without wisdom or prudence, our servant may prove to be our executioner. - General Omar Bradley

Carpenter's Bluff Bridge reminds me a lot of the place where the OK cheerleader was dumped by OK HS athletes some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by shinerbock View Post
    Carpenter's Bluff Bridge reminds me a lot of the place where the OK cheerleader was dumped by OK HS athletes some years ago.
    HAHA, people are soooo literal. It's a shame that gorgeous photo brings you that type of memory but we can't help what we associate things with.

I agree with the above poster, the first photo begs for a frame.
    ""If the American people knew what we have done, they would string us up from the lamp posts." George H.W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Flippper View Post
    HAHA, people are soooo literal. It's a shame that gorgeous photo brings you that type of memory but we can't help what we associate things with.

I agree with the above poster, the first photo begs for a frame.

A balanced person can enjoy the aesthetics of a well done photgraph or piece of art while at the same relating it to a historical event, don't you think?

It's what only human beings are uniquely able to do.

I see no shame in the matter. Chill, Flipper!

Thank Yall for the kind comments...

Here's one taken 2 weeks later without the benefits of cloudy overcast, its an entirely different place!
    Attached Images
    "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."
    John Lennon

All are nice, but I LOVE the ones with the clouds - it really gives it a moody quality. I like moody!
    Tessa Blue
    http://tessablue.blogspot.com/

If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the Dragon...

That first picture reminds me of a bicycle ride in downtown KC 20 years ago. We were down by the river on our mountain bikes and rode across a disused railroad bridge. As we rode across it some of the boards came up off the bridge and we could see down to the river below. Now that i look back it was a tad dangerous.
    I really love this picture and look forward to seeing more.
    alangator

I love the second one - the black and white...

I like the shadows in the last one! Nice work.

Do you have a studio where you sell your work? Or, is it on line? You paint a lovely canvas. Please keep posting them. snowstorm

Great pictures thank you for sharing.

What haunting photos. I'd love to see those places in person.

Only thing missing is some old geezer standing there asking, "what is the air speed velocity of a coconut laden swallow?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kato Von Alpenhund View Post
    Only thing missing is some old geezer standing there asking, "what is the air speed velocity of a coconut laden swallow?"
    African or European swallow?

14 Carpenter's Bluff Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by dwsjr View Post
    Went on a short photo journey early in the week up near Oklahoma/Texas border...
    As a former DFW native and a fan of old bridges in general, I always had a special fondness for that particular bridge. I saw far too many of them dismantled during my years up there. It just about broke my heart when the old Grauwyler Crossing bridge over the Trinity in Dallas was removed.

You managed to capture it in a way I have never seen done before. Hope you don't mind me adding your photos to my collection.
    Bravo!
    "You never had the things you thought you should have had and you'll not get them now..."