Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC Arkansas Ancient Volcano?
+ Reply to Thread

Arkansas Ancient Volcano?

I posted this on another thread last night and have been thinking about it ever since...does anyone have any info on an ancient volcano in Arkansas. As it says this location called "magnet cove" is only 12 miles from Hot Springs (similiar to "geysers" ? _methane?) ...and I know there are also diamonds in the area (aren't they associated with volcanic activity??).

Does anyone have any info on this or anyone from the area ever explored this idea. I know volcanoes release gases could this be a possible cause of the large bird deaths ..just thinking out loud but would love more info if anyone wants to help me explore this...blessings T

Magnet Cove

WILLIAM L. HALTOM, Alabama Museum of Natural History.

In the days of yesterday when the Red Men roamed the forests of Arkansas they found a happy hunting ground, the realization of their heart's desire. With the dawn of another era there has remained a veritable happy hunting ground, not for the Red Man but for the mineralogists and geologists.

For over a century Magnet Cove, Arkansas, has been visited by mineralogists and geologists who have come to seek out its treasures. Magnet Cove is located on Arkansas Highway No. 6, twelve miles east of Hot Springs. As the name implies, this is a locality in which there is a large amount of magnetic iron ore.

From the external appearance and general features of the cove many have believed this to be an ancient volcanic crater. More recently, however, the general consensus of opinion is that it is formed of intrusive igneous rock. The surrounding area is of the Tertiary age.

a very detailed description of the minerals etc found there:

http://www.minsocam.org/msa/collecto.../armagnetn.htm

Here's another reference:
    excerpt from Crater of Diamonds State Park

visit to the Crater of Diamonds State Park in Murfreesboro, Arkansas. While you're not guaranteed to find a diamond, you

will have a great time digging for diamonds and other semi-precious gems, learning about geology and spending time in the beautiful Quachita Mountains.

An hour's drive south of the resort town of Hot Springs, the Crater of Diamonds sits in a dead volcanic pipe. The park's flat mud covered surface gives no hint of the treasures beneath the soil's surface waiting on lucky searchers. Certainly John Huddleston, a local farmer, had no idea that he was sitting on top of a diamond mine until he found the first diamonds on the site in 1906. Huddleston sold the land to men who formed the Arkansas

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...tate_park.html

Is it true that Arkansas has had close to 500 earthquakes since September? Where could I find this info?...blessings T
    Last edited by msswv123; 01-05-2011 at 10:03 AM.
    He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day~

Hot Springs A hot spring is formed when water seeps into underground hot volcanic rocks in a volcanic region, it can be heated to boiling point (100 degree celsius). This heated water can then flow back to the Earth's surface continuously and quietly. It also contains minerals dissolved by the water.

http://library.thinkquest.org/17701/...fevhotspr.html

another interesting comment about magnet cove:

Magnet Cove! Wow, how to write a short article article about the most mineralized 5 square miles in Arkansas? Well, we're off on a try at this task!

History of Collecting
    Before 1820, locals recognized there was something different about this area. Their compasses went haywire as they walked across the ground. Then by the 1840's people began to notice a variety of unusual minerals.
    http://www.rockhoundingar.com/locations/magcove.html
    He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day~

Central Arkansas growing weary of relentless tremors

This article is from Dec. 28/2010 and as far as I can tell, the residents seem to just be amazed somewhat, and I think they are frankly,"Getting use to the feel". Now if I were living there, I would be thinking about heading out soon and for a while, relocating, until what ever is going to happen...."Happens".
    ----------
    Central Arkansas growing weary of relentless tremors

Guy, Arkansas (CNN) -- Things are still shaking in Arkansas.
    More than 500 measurable earthquakes have been reported in central Arkansas since September 20, ranging in magnitude from a barely noticeable 1.8 to a very noticeable 4.0 (recorded on October 11), according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
    Geologists can't say whether they'll stop anytime soon.
    Steve Wilson is looking forward to the quakes going away, he said.
    "In the beginning, it was fun, it was neat, it was a cool thing to experience. But now we're wanting it to go away," said Wilson, assistant superintendent at Woolly Hallow State Park. "We've had all the fun we want."
    Although drilling for natural gas has been ruled out as a cause for the quakes, experts want to continue looking at salt water disposal wells, said Scott Ausbrooks, geohazards supervisor for the Geological Survey. Disposal wells occur when drilling waster is injected back into the earth after drilling.

Arkansas earthquake outbreak
    RELATED TOPICS

Earlier this month, the Arkansas Oil and Gas commission issued an emergency moratorium on permits for new disposal wells. The commission will ask for a six-month extension for the moratorium at a January regulatory meeting.
    The state also will soon become one of a few to require companies to disclose the chemicals used in fracking fluid, the water-and-chemical solution used in high-pressure drilling operations, said Shane Khoury, deputy director and general counsel for the Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission.
    "I think everyone recognizes that there is an increased number of seismic events occurring in and around this area. If you look at the maps, at least circumstantially, there appears to be evidence that they may be related to disposal operations," said Khoury. "But we also know that this is an area that is historically active."
    Meanwhile, Sam Higdon, the mayor of Guy, says the quakes' novelty is worn out.
    "I think everyone just kind of figures maybe it'll just go away," he said. "And that's what we're all hoping."
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/12/23...ex.html?hpt=T2
    ***Fair Use For Discussion
    -----------------------
    I also thought about CERN and their research, recently in November, 2010.

CERN antihydrogen research scoops top physics breakthrough award

Two international teams of collaborators who conduct antimatter research at CERN have been awarded the 2010 Breakthrough of the Year by the British magazine Physics World. The two experiments, ALPHA and ASACUSA, were selected for developing techniques that will allow researchers to study matter's elusive twin — antimatter.

CERN has a long history of antimatter research; the first antihydrogen atoms were produced at CERN in 1995. However, the fleeting existence of antiatoms meant that they could not be used for further studies: each one existed for only about 40 billionths of a second and travelled at the speed of light before annihilating with ordinary matter.

In November the ALPHA collaboration announced that it had successfully trapped 38 antihydrogen atoms for around 170ms — long enough to potentially study their properties. Weeks later the ASACUSA group announced that they had made a major breakthrough towards creating a beam of antihydrogen suitable for spectroscopic studies. These two techniques open the door to future studies of antimatter. The procedures used to form antihydrogen build on techniques developed by a third antihydrogen experiment at CERN, ATRAP, which pioneered trapping techniques in the 1990s, and is also working on trapping antihydrogen.

Antimatter research was not the only appearance CERN made in Physics World’s top 10: the first LHC collisions also made the list, coming in at number 10.

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/
    ***Fair Use For Dicussion

Great post,T.
    Peace and Blessings.
    MCA
    Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. -Rocky Balboa~

Looking at the satellite map I can see the ancient lava flows.

http://maps.google.com/

Magnet Cove, AR 72104

"THROAT OF FIRE VOLCANO"- ECUADOR

Volcano known as the 'Throat of Fire' erupts in Ecuador

(CNN) -- Ecuador's Tungurahua volcano erupted Saturday, sending ash and lava spewing nearly a mile into the sky.
    Residents evacuated the area after the country's National Agency of Risk Control issued a "red alert." The warning was later downgraded to orange, as the volcano became less active.
    Activity at Tungurahua -- which means "throat of fire" in the native Quechua language -- peaked Saturday between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m., according to the Geological Institute in Quito.
    At one point, the ash cloud reached nearly 3 km (1.9 miles) above the volcano's crater, according to the institute, and lava flowed about 2 km from the crater.
    The glacier-capped, 16,478-foot (5,023-meter) volcano has erupted periodically since 1999, when increased activity led to the temporary evacuation of the city of Banos at the foot of the volcano. Major eruptions also occurred in August 2006 and February 2008, according to the government's emergency management agency.
    Prior to this more recent activity, the last major eruption was between 1916 and 1918. Relatively minor activity continued until 1925, the Smithsonian Institution said on its volcano website.
    The volcano is 140 km south of Quito, Ecuador's capital.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/am...ano/index.html
    ** Fair Use For Dicussion
    Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. -Rocky Balboa~

Thanks guys ~ reading this morning about large earthquake swarms being precursors for volcanic activity...that satellite link is great West..thanks..still digging..blessings T

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Looking at the satellite map I can see the ancient lava flows.

http://maps.google.com/

Magnet Cove, AR 72104
    All I'm gettting is a road map what are you seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    All I'm gettting is a road map what are you seeing?
    Weird, the link should take you to a google satellite pic of the USA that you can copy the above address and paste into the search and then zoom into the AO we are talking about.

Thanks West for the link, I love aerial archeology and zoomed in on my mother inlaw's property and found there used to be structures there long ago that are now in the fields in Lebanon, Tn. I like to look for Indian mounds too.

When I clicked on the link, there was a star on Woodinville, Wa. Are you in that area? I am now going to check out the land east of North Bend where I am.

A little thread drift here...

Member LadyK and I looked at what appears to be two very ancient earth lodges on the back of my property and what is weird is, the tribes around here didn't have those but Snoqualmie Valley was a meeting place. And even then, I can't imagine someone from my tribe in the Bad Lands or from the Southwest coming this far north unless it was a Twisted Hair.

They are big holes that are artifully ringed with painstakingly placed stones and my sister next door and I have found a ton of rocks which were pounded into the shape of hearts, obviously with great intent involved. Some of them she found had obvious runic symbols on them. My sister and I figured it may have been a medicine man/ native version of Mr. Haney from Green Acres with a little side business going on (to give your love a heart of stone or a golden feather, that sort of thing). LadyK and I were walking around the front of my house when I found a really nice heart shaped stone which was dug up while gardening and which is now hers.

Anyway, when LadyK and I stomped hard on the ground surrounding the holes (2 large and 1 small one actually) the whole area surrounding them rang like a hollow bell. Weird. V

When I clicked on the link, there was a star on Woodinville, Wa. Are you in that area? I am now going to check out the land east of North Bend where I am.
    Weird, Heh your computer must of told google your AO

I'm only a few hundred miles away from the above volcano.

I use google maps most every day, and have used it for research on hunting and old hard rock mining ares in No.Cal. Use that and US government topo transportation maps.

I've never been to Arkansas, but it looks pretty interesting from a geologic perspective: ancient mountains, kimberlite pipes with diamond yields, increasing seismic activity . . . what's not to like?

I remember reading somewhere (Google is your friend) that recent seismic activity along the axis of the Mississippi may be due to deep subduction of the Farallon plate. One wonders if the deep well drilling in the GOM may be having some influence on this . . .
    [B][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Blue"][I]Bitterly clinging to my Skygod and boomstick.[/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

[B]You're gonna put your eye out with that.[/B]

[url]www.pedaling-squares.blogspot.com[/url]

All I get at the link is a google map of the USA.
    I was reading somewhere that some of the oldest rock in the world is in North America. Arkansas must have zillions of caves! I LOVE caves.
    And I will enter into judgment with them there On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
    Whom they have scattered among the nations; They have also divided up My land.
    They have cast lots for My people..."
    (Joel 3:1-3)

QUOTING SNIPS FROM MCA'S POST ABOVE:

I also thought about CERN and their research, recently in November, 2010.

CERN antihydrogen research scoops top physics breakthrough award

]Two international teams of collaborators who conduct antimatter research at CERN have been awarded the 2010 Breakthrough of the Year by the British magazine Physics World.

The two experiments, were selected for developing techniques that will allow researchers to study matter's elusive twin — antimatter.

ALPHA
    and
    ASACUSA

CERN has a long history of antimatter research; the first antihydrogen atoms were produced at CERN in 1995. However, the fleeting existence of anti-atoms meant that they could not be used for further studies: each one existed for only about 40 billionths of a second and travelled at the speed of light before annihilating with ordinary matter.

In November the ALPHA collaboration announced that it had successfully trapped 38 antihydrogen atoms for around 170ms — long enough to potentially study their properties.

Weeks later the ASACUSA group announced that they had made a major breakthrough towards creating a beam of antihydrogen suitable for spectroscopic studies. These two techniques open the door to future studies of antimatter. The procedures used to form antihydrogen build on techniques developed by a third antihydrogen experiment at CERN, ATRAP, which pioneered trapping techniques in the 1990s, and is also working on trapping antihydrogen.

Antimatter research was not the only appearance CERN made in Physics World’s top 10: the first LHC collisions also made the list, coming in at number 10.

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/

***Fair Use For Dicussion

At this point, there are so many possibilities and avenues to research. I am not saying these two have anything to do with each other, but then again I suppose anything is

Great post, T.
    Peace and Blessings.
    MCA

// END QUOTE

============================

Holy Smoke, MCA !!! ... you have just about fried my brain with that post you did above. Seriously, I've been away for holiday and just now learning about all this ... had no idea there would be so many possible correlations with this past week's eerie events involving the dying birds & fish (+ other species since then + global events too = YIKES .. HEADS UP!! ).

Arkansas is a very much a *special* place, super ancient region, mysterious and magical and it is a #1 interest of mine. MSS "T" , imho you are definitely on the right track with this thread!!!

Do recall that over the years I had gathered many articles about the strange areas of Arkansas ... magnetism, vortexp-energy sites, ancient Indian beliefs --- there were articles containing discussions about that area + eastern Oklahoma being an ancient 'wormhole' portal during the times of prior earth-cycles, like Atlantis or Lemuria / Pan (will do some searching around & post those here later if find 'em).

Also, regarding magnetism and the increase in reports of dying species, there is a thread at the forbidden forum of GLP tonight, pinned, about how those events occurring may actually be related to things happening to earth's CORE / EM fields --- and it talks about how one cause might be the CERN experiments, etc etc. (MCA -- > ding, ding, ding -- you were also on right track ,,, wow!)

The title of that thread below is linked on some other forums too - please copy& do a google look to find it , feel strongly it is 'must read' for all those that have such interests and/or can lend more insight for us perhaps?

"China has figured out why birds are falling all over!"

There's so much we need to research and discuss on all this but now it's getting late so maybe tomorrow we can add more and try to connect some dots ... at least get some idea if we better prepare to bug-out or bunker down or ? At least work to make earnest efforts so to spiritually fortify our 'selves' within & prepared loved ones / family for whatever events may be swiftly coming about in this worldly realm ....

Blessings & empowerment to all ~ Prayers for upliftment and healing within all divine creation !*!

Gisgaia
    Last edited by gisgaia; 01-06-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: fix bold

More quakes, looks like it's waking up!

K-

Could someone please draw a connection between CERN's subatomic particle research and bird deaths? or Arkansas?

I'm not seeing any connection or relevance

MCA, since you drifted into CERN could you please explain the connection?